• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zlatko

Banned
Dartastic said:
I like seeing people talk about how they want SF 5, etc etc. Don't even think about that. SF x Tekken should be the game to be excited about.

I hope they are smart to release a small demo for it before its release. I'm not exactly chomping at the bit for SFxT. I'm not even into Skullgirls' art style, but I'd rather buy that and spend time with it before SFxT right now.

Most anticipated fighter coming up for me is prolly a tie between KoF13 and SF3 Online Edition.

_dementia said:
Are you going to get AE on PC too?

My swag knows no boundaries, man. That is probably going to be the main platform I play it on.

I tried to use my Plasma for the first time in two months. I almost became a crispity critter, as sparks started to fly when I plugged it in. I might have some faulty wiring in the condo I'm renting, so no AE in the meantime. :(

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
:(

Sounds like Andre aka Twisted Jago is quitting gaming, something to do with his recent surgery I'm sure.

Andre said:
There r s omething that r just a wake up call for people, im sry to my fans and fellow gamers but i am quitting gaming i will be around maybe here and there but my career is over.

rocK`

Banned
Conceited said:

Sounds like Andre aka Twisted Jago is quitting gaming, something to do with his recent surgery I'm sure.

sucks, I used to hang out with him at CF all the time. what kind of surgery did he go through? since I moved to CT i haven't seen those guys in a long time. last time was when CF got the codes to unlock oni/evil :(

Imm0rt4l

lol just got hatemail from some lame named AfroSamrai, he gave me his address in ATL to come fight him. I <3 hatemail, I need the salt from their tears for sustenance.

ggs morro! and dunpeal

Imm0rt4l said:
lol just got hatemail from some lame named AfroSamrai, he gave me his address in ATL to come fight him. I <3 hatemail, I need the salt from their tears for sustenance.

ggs morro! and dunpeal
Holy shit, what if he gave you the address to some dude he hates

Imm0rt4l

_dementia said:
Holy shit, what if he gave you the address to some dude he hates
I wouldn't put it past some e-thugs to do something like that. I don't live in ATL though so I'd have no way of finding out. Not that I'd go over for something so petty, I'll just continue popping off.

DomLando

Just a quick question. Is the retail release of Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition going to have everything on disc or will it just be Super with a download voucher for the Arcade Edition?
Not sure if this has been answered yet but I could not find it. Thanks for the help on advance.

TwistedJago quitting? That sucks. He'll always be remembered for SB5 and upsetting Daigo.

Man, the Empire seems to be a bit subdued lately. Chris G left. Sanford doesn't really play. Die, Yipes, Remix, Rasaan and Dragon God are still there, but remember a few years ago when they went to West Coast and blew them up at Bar Fights?

But since then Marn left, Justin left, Eissei (sp) went back to Japan, etc.

zlatko

Banned
Imm0rt4l said:

ggs morro! and dunpeal

Mail him a saltshaker full of salt with a card saying your GT on it. :)

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
That really sucks for Jago. EMP is supposedly trying to be on the rise again but ironically things are going downhill and fast. Stuff in the last two months alone. Glad he's putting his health first. There is a time for everything. Hopefully he comes back.

Die himself said in the latest Sp00ky at home stream that he may quit soon too. Wonder what's up.

That's bad news, I was really looking forward to the Jago/Remix show, hope he gets well and comes back in the scene, if not to play then to support it.

cackhyena said:
I'd rather have SF5. I kinda hate the art style they're going with as well. Just looks shittier than SF4 to me.

Yep.

Not saying SF can't be done with polygons.

Just SF4 ain't close to the mark at all.

More stylized. More vibrant. More amazing.

That said, the Gootecks/Ross video for this week is hilarious! lolz

Makes me want to snag AE to I can get dat Hokan on.

Satyamdas

Banned
Rentahamster said:
Hmm, the damage nerfs are odd considering the reasons they gave for his damage "buffs" for Super last year. Perhaps they improved the hitboxes a little to compensate?
No. Hitboxes are exactly the same.

Rentahamster said:
Couldn't you already combo into EX flame after back+fierce? If it's easier to combo now, that doesn't really help all that much since the damage on it got nerfed anyways. Besides, like you said, saving for EX fireballs or Yoga Inferno is much more useful.
EX Flame starts up faster so it is possible to combo after a forward/strong attack now. But since the damage on EX Flame was so heavily nerfed (from 180 to 120), it makes no sense to use EX Flame in a combo over Light Flame. And Yoga Inferno being nerfed by 50 means that using it at the end of a BnB isn't always the best move. After the scaling kicks in you end up doing ~90 damage. On high health characters or if the combo won't kill, I find myself saving Super far more often now for AA, crumple stuns, or after a Mummy juggle.

Speaking of which...
Rentahamster said:
If back crouch medium punch helps to counter dive kicks better, then I guess that's ok...
The frame changes to db.mp make very, very little difference in blowing up dive kicks with LK~LP~MP because the hurtboxes for that move are the same. As it is now the hitbox extends from his elbow almost to the end of his fingers. Unfortunately the big hurtbox goes from the top of his head down to his knee, and is extended out to his wrist. Which is why it is very hard to cleanly OS a dive kick, and far more likely that you will trade or get beat cleanly. Check it out:

DJG4t.jpg

If they would have just pushed the hurtbox back from his wrist to forearm, and lowered it from above the top of his head to neck level or even nose level, that would have made OS'ing dive kicks a little easier. And considering the extent to which Sim gets raped by dive kicks I am really (not) surprised that they left this untouched. After seeing how fucked Sim is in AE I can only surmise that some on the staff either have a ridiculous boner for Daigo and wanted to make sure he never lost to Sim again, or they themselves were raped pretty badly by some of the Sim gods in Japan and vowed to neuter him into oblivion.

You will notice a lot of the Japanese Sims fishing for Mummy > Super to blow up the twins dive kick and being successful with it. It's something I've always done just because it looks cool, is surprisingly effective (beats Tatsus and things like Psycho Crusher or Honda's Headbutt), and is one of Sim's only juggles. Mummy is a good option because of the weak hitbox on their dive kicks, and also because you get close to full damage from the Super. Against good twin players you will rarely have an opportunity to combo into super, and the only EX move useful against them is EX Blast. So you will find yourself with Super a lot and Mummy is one of the best ways to land it.

But get ready to be violated in a major way. This video says it all. Go to 21:30 for the fun stuff. It took Champ/Daigo 21 minutes to play out a best of 5 set with Sim/Roo, and it took 5 minutes to play a best of 5 with Sim/Yoon. And trust me, even mediocre Yoons are a huge problem just because the character can do anything he likes to you at all times. It is without question an 8-2 match up that feels like 9.5-0.5 sometimes.

/end QQ

7fZ7E.jpg

Dartastic

Gatdamn, lots of people replied to my SF x Tekken thing. It's a really fun game. Skullgirls is really fun too, and I think people should definitely play both; especially since SG is going to be cheap and coming out relatively soonish; like fall, winter or something like that. But don't sleep on SF x Tekken. It's fun. Like, seriously tons of fun.

Edit: That match against Interpunked. Wow. I was UNDERWATER.

USD

Conceited said:

Damn, just like that? I really want to know exactly what happened.

Imm0rt4l

Got some Yun hate mail "I'm pretty sure you suck with any not broken char". Worst mistake of his night lol.

Edit: and after his solid abel was trounced by my dudley, ryu, fei, gouken and ibuki he took what he said back.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I am soooo out of practice. One thing is for sure. I simply give up using a stick. After years of trying to get better with it and fighters, I just can't use it. Back to pad warrior for me. Picked up a nice fighting pad too.

Neki

Is a stick really that hard to use? D: the only problem I have with pads is that my thumb sometimes floats over the d-pad so I occasionally drop SRK and fireball motions mid combo. a stick seems better in that sense.

Dartastic said:
I like seeing people talk about how they want SF 5, etc etc. Don't even think about that. SF x Tekken should be the game to be excited about.

I'll play it but it's definitely not my style. I want a traditional 1 vs 1 game without all the mega over the top moves that we see from Marvel and to a smaller degree, SFxT. I do hope I like it, it'd be nice to have another fighter that I want to play outside the SF4 series but I'm not sure yet from what I'm seeing.

Ultimoo said:
Is a stick really that hard to use? D: the only problem I have with pads is that my thumb sometimes floats over the d-pad so I occasionally drop SRK and fireball motions mid combo. a stick seems better in that sense.

It's not hard to use, it's just hard to get use to if you've never played seriously on a stick before. I've played on sticks here and there my entire life but I've never been comfortable with it. Last year I bought a Mad Catz TE, and it was a extremely frustrating experience. I'd constantly switched between stick and pad for the first month because I was having a very hard time and was losing to players I know I could beat on stick. After about 2 months, I finally started getting comfortable. And finally it was my preferred control device to use in SF4.

Basically you're going to need a lot of patience if you switch to stick. Some people say they learned it in 2 weeks, I guess you could be one of those guys. For the rest of us it could take months, or in Timedog's case, years :p

notworksafe

Ultimoo said:
Depends on the person, really. I grew up around arcades, so I've always been a fan of using sticks. The placement of the buttons is actually the main draw for me. I'll never get used to hitting triggers for attacks on a controller. Sticks do require a bunch of practice time when coming from a controller, so if you get one don't expect to be gdlk immediately.

Imm0rt4l

I hope SFxT is good, and can maybe be as fun as cvs2 was, it looks kinda lame to me at the moment though. Hopefully future builds of the game have more in store.

Dartastic said:
SF x Tekken is nice and all - I admit my interest mainly is in what characters they'll include.

The game is a crossover with funky mechanics. Personally I prefer the more traditional 1 on 1 of SF - same reason I never really got into Marvel series - that and I'm no good at the hyper speed combo drop a split second timed button press and you lose 75% of your lifebar type games.

V_Arnold

The Take Out Bandit said:
Yep.

Not saying SF can't be done with polygons.

Just SF4 ain't close to the mark at all.

More stylized. More vibrant. More amazing.

That said, the Gootecks/Ross video for this week is hilarious! lolz

Makes me want to snag AE to I can get dat Hokan on.

Hey, who goes the...

Oh, a broken record. Yaay, I guess.

SFIV looks awesome.

SamVimes

Dartastic said:
I'm still excited for it but the chain combos are a real bummer. :(

Ultimoo said:
For me it was very difficult at first. I use charge characters so it was easier to learn it, but I really suck with other characters now. Anyways I started SF4 with a pad on x360, but then I spent a summer in Japan and was forced to learn the stick in the arcades. It was an expensive way to learn. :)

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Rocky_Balboa said:
For me it was very difficult at first. I use charge characters so it was easier to learn it, but I really suck with other characters now. Anyways I started SF4 with a pad on x360, but then I spent a summer in Japan and was forced to learn the stick in the arcades. It was an expensive way to learn. :)

See, that's like one of the things that makes me wanna learn stick sooooo much. I'd love to just end up somewhere with any kind of SF cabinet and be able to play from the get-go. Not be like " hey guys want to play on 360? Oh cool, got a 360 pad for me ? Oh. Let me fix my crackhead buttonlayout each time I play. Wait don't kick me out!.

A : mp
B : mk
X : hp
Y : hk
LB : lk
RB : lp
LT : throw
RT : KKK

my hands...looks like a spider possessed.

Imm0rt4l said:
Got some Yun hate mail "I'm pretty sure you suck with any not broken char". Worst mistake of his night lol.

Edit: and after his solid abel was trounced by my dudley, ryu, fei, gouken and ibuki he took what he said back.

lol!

I really wish PSN featured the privacy settings of XBL. I turned off all messages from people who aren't on my friends list on XBL, it's bliss.

I can't stand sh*t talking ninnies in fighting games. Or any game really.

HiResDes

I've been using a stick for a while now, and while the inputs are much easier for charge character for some reason backdashing remains less responsive for me and sometimes causes a real pain in the ass.

mbmonk

Finally the day has arrived! I have been feining for some AE.

I would say I would see you all online but I am going to be in training mode mostly messing around with Blanka for the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom