• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LakeEarth

Guanoape said:
Played my first Blanka mirror today (I've only been playing SFIV since AE launched), and it made me want to gouge my eyes out. Two people playing the same defensive style doesn't really work out that well. Unfortunately I'm still too much of a scrub to deal with stupid matches like this (~1000PP). On a related note, is Blanka really that bad in AE? Every list on SRK and such seems to list him as bottom tier. I think Ultradavid even put him in the category "good luck in pools".
I don't think he was nerfed all that badly. Yes, fierce blanka ball from across the screen is now easily punishable, but when you block a point blank blanka ball, you now don't know what to do to punish it cause you don't know which version of horizontal ball it was. Maybe I'll get used to it over time, but right now I hesitate cause I don't know what punish to go for.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
SamVimes said:
Can you punish a blocked blanka ball with kara shoryuken using Ken? I can't check because i don't have AE (only pc here).

I just tried block - dash into shoryu and it seems easy to do.

SmokeMaxX

Good Blankas will either end their block strings with electricity or lp ball (matchup dependent) so learning to punish hp balls will only get you so far. Garbage blankas will lose to you any way you look at it as long as you know how to crouch tech.

Izuna

Banned
Not sure how many Ibuki players there are, but this book has a spreadsheet of how characters can escape her Vortex.

Ibuki_PLAYER_GUIDE.jpg

www.wafighters.com/media/Ibuki_PLAYER_GUIDE.pdf

rivals

Axis said:
ps-14-kn's

i have transparent whites and transparent blues i switch between randomly lol

Yep, those. I'm really tempted to throw the blues in my Chun stick, would look so fucking good.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Now that I'm posting in this thread again, there's one thing that I never got around to doing.

I never posted any pics of what happened to the neat stuff I won in that GAF tournament that Kadey and MarkMan helped to put on.

Kadey, being awesome as always, felt that a limited edition fightstick from Comic Con would be a nice prize, and I am thankful for her generosity. One can always be assured, that special items in Rentahamster's possesion will surely be treated with the utmost care.

Here we can see the fightstick secured safely between mounds of soft padding, cushioning it from any jarring impacts that would damage it.

Thanks again Kadey and MarkMan! You guys rock!

Also thanks to my teammates TurtleSnatcher and FindMyFarms and Tesseract

Ahh, the memories

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?p=PL343C56FF449DEF23

Still trying to figure out a proper budget of getting myself a ride to and from EVO. Things are looking slightly negative, but I'm confident I can find a way.

SmokeMaxX

Professor Beef said:
Still trying to figure out a proper budget of getting myself a ride to and from EVO. Things are looking slightly negative, but I'm confident I can find a way.
Where do you live and what's your budget?

SmokeMaxX said:
Where do you live and what's your budget?
Sacramento, and my budget for the entire trip (transportation, food, my share of the hotel) is planning to be ~$100, although I'm not opposed to going higher.

I'm not entering anything since that would kill my budget. I only plan on spectating this year.

XenoRaven

Professor Beef said:
Sacramento, and my budget for the entire trip (transportation, food, my share of the hotel) is planning to be ~$100, although I'm not opposed to going higher.

I'm not entering anything since that would kill my budget. I only plan on spectating this year.
Whoa. You play anywhere locally? I live near Sacramento myself and have been looking for some locals to play.

XenoRaven said:
Whoa. You play anywhere locally? I live near Sacramento myself and have been looking for some locals to play.
I attend the monthly TAG tournaments at Great Escape Games, but other than that no. None of my IRL friends play SSFIV competitively.

Nose Master

Guanoape said:
Played my first Blanka mirror today (I've only been playing SFIV since AE launched), and it made me want to gouge my eyes out. Two people playing the same defensive style doesn't really work out that well. Unfortunately I'm still too much of a scrub to deal with stupid matches like this (~1000PP). On a related note, is Blanka really that bad in AE? Every list on SRK and such seems to list him as bottom tier. I think Ultradavid even put him in the category "good luck in pools".

Blanka is pretty assy if you play him purely turtle, especially now. Hop shenanigans for days, son. He's fine, the "nerf" is only a nerf to idiots that full screen ball. His EX Rainbow Ball is ridiculous now. You can use it as an awesome mixup, or a get out of jail free card. Whenever you want. The recovery on it is non-existant once he touches the ground, so if they're focusing it, land slightly behind or in front of them, punish their dash cancel with a sweep or slide.

XenoRaven

Professor Beef said:
This right here.

Up until last year they've only hosted Brawl tournaments, but I convinced my friend who runs them to start running SSFIV (and Marvel when it came out). There's a great turnout each month, and the venue is nice too.
Thanks for the link vegeta.

Cool, I'll have to check it out next time there's a tourney. They run SF4 on 360 or PS3?

SmokeMaxX

Professor Beef said:

Ah $100 from Sacramento? That'd be tough. Maybe a greyhound?

MrMephistoX

Anyone else buy the AE disc just for the cover art? I actually sold Super because I wasn't playing it much in the wake of MK and MvC3 once I saw the superior artwork up for pre-order ;)

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Lost Fragment said:
I'm trying to figure out a way to go, but it doesn't look likely unfortunately.

Reason being: just got back from the doctor. Probably spent more today on medical crap than I would've spent going to Evo. Fuck yeah America.

On the plus side, the nurse chick was way hot and laughed at my jokes.

Rocwell

Nose Master said:
Any word on if the retail has new missions or anything that the DLC doesn't?
A title screen that says "Arcade Edition" on it is the only difference I've heard of.

:Edit:

Disc AE can switch back and forth yes.

:Editedited:

Title screen more than boxart? Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Gonna mod the shit out of kenryustaringintoeachotherseyes picture on pc. Gonna replace the character select menu with that pixel art version.

Kai

Got in a lot of matches this past weekend in Palm Springs. About 20 of us all came up for a boys Bachelor party getaway (a bunch of his college friends and the rest of us who worked at Blizz with him).

I found out one of our boys used to be a pro SF2 player - but never got into SF4. He used to manage the Yellow Brick Road arcade in San Diego before he was in the gaming industry - anyway we had a blast getting his Guile up to speed with SF4 mechanics (although - Guile hasn't changed much haha).

My Ken is getting a lot better - I plan to main with him. Let's get some online matches on later tonight if possible on XBOX Live. My GamerTag is SamusKai23.

Kadey you running an endless tonight?

Kai

Also forgot to mention, something else I found out this weekend in Palm Springs....

A great benefit of having the disc version that I didn't know - if you take your XBOX over with AE DLC to someone else's house and you don't have an internet connection there - you cannot play AE. It requires an internet connection to run - if the connection turns off after you begin playing - you get a 10 minute warning saying you have to plug it back in.

Ken

Kai said:
Also forgot to mention, something else I found out this weekend in Palm Springs....

A great benefit of having the disc version that I didn't know - if you take your XBOX over with AE DLC to someone else's house and you don't have an internet connection there - you cannot play AE. It requires an internet connection to run - if the connection turns off after you begin playing - you get a 10 minute warning saying you have to plug it back in.
Really? I don't remember that happening to me playing AE while unconnected to XBL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom