• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah, someone recommended that people use an LS-56 to people for fighting games. I've had one in my hori HRAP3 for a few months now and I gotta say that it's a bad idea. Because the stick's so tight, getting a straight down and not a diagonal feels really weird and more importantly, the stick has a habit of triggering opposite directions if you let go to neutral. This means it's really easy to get DPs and command grab shortcuts when you try to do fireballs.

Personally, I think that the LS-32 is the best stick out there, but the JLS is ok. I have all three, so I'd say the LS-56 is really only good for cave shooters.

One thing I really wish they would see to, it's just a cosmetic thing is when you pick random select, that the '?' would change colour so the counter-pickers wouldn't let the timer run down to zero.

rivals

_dementia said:
Damage scaling is pretty harsh in SFIV.
Basically, the longer the combo is, the less each individual hit does.

This. Also when it comes to Yang's U1 (I don't use U2 really), any of his standard FADC combos into it are already at full damage scaling before the 18 hit ultra even starts.

Izuna

Banned
Red Liquorice said:
One thing I really wish they would see to, it's just a cosmetic thing is when you pick random select, that the '?' would change colour so the counter-pickers wouldn't let the timer run down to zero.

You can't see your opponent's character unless you choose one anyway. They're looking for which character you chose to they can pick which Ultra they want.

mbmonk

Just unlocked the "10 peat" achievement. All of the people I beat were pure garbage ( much like myself ) and I think they had no clue about how the match up against Blanka goes in general. But I suck, and I will take ANY victory I can get much less 10 in a row.

I still mash too much for throws and electricity.... so much work to do.

izunadono said:
You can't see your opponent's character unless you choose one anyway. They're looking for which character you chose to they can pick which Ultra they want.
Right, I know they're counter-picking an Ultra, but if the '?' changed to blue or something, they wouldn't sit there letting the timer run down.

mbmonk

_dementia said:
Congrats. I'm still working on tenpeat :(

Lol.

Thanks _dementia. I am sure you will get it.

That old saying is true "Even a blind squirrel can find a nut". Today was just my day I guess :)

vixlar

_dementia said:
Damage scaling is pretty harsh in SFIV.
Basically, the longer the combo is, the less each individual hit does.

In a combo, you'll get 100% damage for 1st and 2nd hit, 80% damage for 3rd hit, 70% damage for 4th, 60% damage for 5th, 50% damage for 6th hit, 40% damage for 7th hit, 30% damage for 8th hit, 20% damage for 9th hit.

Source:
http://iplaywinner.com/game-data-ssf4/damage-scaling-in-super-street-fighter-4.html

Just to notice: The scaling is not for hit, is for each move. If a move hit thrice by itself, those three hits had the same damage percentage.

One example: Ken, j.hp, s.hp, fierce shoryuken. j. hp and s.hp does 100%, because they are the first and second moves. all three hits from shoryuken does 80%, because those are the third movement.

And as the source says, Ultras and Focus attacks count as two moves, so the damage scaling on those attacks are huge.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
ggs rocky

For crying out loud, I know I'm random from time to time but 50% of those fullscreen TUs were TS's, 40% were me trying to crouchtech and then do standing lk which somehow also became TUs.

My eyes were shooting salt at some of the bullshit that kept happening, trying to punish wakeup lvl 3 FA -> lol reversal what is that? Fly over instead. Try to backdash -> nope. Jump away -> nah, not from balrog with his SRK FA. Either I was just having bad luck or you have robotic spacing down to the pixel. Still doesn't matter since spamming SRK should beat that but fuck if I know what my problems were...

Also, I'm sure you know by this point already, but I have yet to learn his TS recovery and keep trying different K/P versions, which is why I kept eating ultra after ultra without showing any indication of learning of my mistake.

I got bodied though, gotta get better, gotta stop making stupid mistakes. One in particular that almost made me toss my iphone down from the window was :

You TAPing fullscreen and I kept fucking it all up. If you TAP from that far away then it's a free window for me to do like c.hp and get considerable damage even after throwing a TS. Yet every single time all I did was releasing block so that TAP hit me.

In the end I'm still semi-happy if I disregard my fuckups, even if I only won one game against your rog I was good with it for now given how little I know with queen-tiger. ( Even though the games I won felt like you loosened up abit + messing around with dirty bull )

end /DSP /Sodiumconnossieur

Heavy's Sandvich said:
It finally works.

Will be on with my stick a little later.

Duuude!!! You gotta tell me how you did man, if we have the same router I NEED to know how you fixed it. This is messed up.

vixlar said:
Just to notice: The scaling is not for hit, is for each move. If a move hit thrice by itself, those three hits had the same damage percentage.

One example: Ken, j.hp, s.hp, fierce shoryuken. j. hp and s.hp does 100%, because they are the first and second moves. all three hits from shoryuken does 80%, because those are the third movement.

And as the source says, Ultras and Focus attacks count as two moves, so the damage scaling on those attacks are huge.
Ah yes, explains why Ken's EX Tatsu and Rufus' EX snake strike do so much damage.

Corky said:
Duuude!!! You gotta tell me how you did man, if we have the same router I NEED to know how you fixed it. This is messed up.

What basically fixed it was to go into the network settings on your 360 and restore it to factory defaults.

Then clearing my cache seemed to have opened everything up.

Red Liquorice said:
I'd just like a better confirmation when my opponent chooses Random, because the screen barely changes at all when they choose it so I sit there looking like a moron wondering what the hell is going on while I'm waiting on my Ultra choice.

Satyamdas

Banned
Professor Beef said:
I'd just like a better confirmation when my opponent chooses Random, because the screen barely changes at all when they choose it so I sit there looking like a moron wondering what the hell is going on while I'm waiting on my Ultra choice.
Uhh, that's exactly what he is saying. He's saying change the ? to a different color to let you know they chose random. Makes far too much sense for Capcom, of course.

notworksafe

Doesn't the select sound effect happen when you actually pick Random? Though if you were listening to music or something I guess you wouldn't notice it.

TheFatOne

I have a quick question for anyone with the pc version. Is there any way to disable the bgm? I can only lower, but I can still hear it.

SamVimes

TheFatOne said:
I have a quick question for anyone with the pc version. Is there any way to disable the bgm? I can only lower, but I can still hear it.
Not in vanilla.

edit: what are they gonna stream before? AE or Marvel? Because i could stay up a little to see some high level SF.

re-edit: both WNF and GG start at 8pm, which is around 5am here in Europe, so i guess it doesn't matter. :(

Corky said:
ggs rocky

For crying out loud, I know I'm random from time to time but 50% of those fullscreen TUs were TS's, 40% were me trying to crouchtech and then do standing lk which somehow also became TUs.

My eyes were shooting salt at some of the bullshit that kept happening, trying to punish wakeup lvl 3 FA -> lol reversal what is that? Fly over instead. Try to backdash -> nope. Jump away -> nah, not from balrog with his SRK FA. Either I was just having bad luck or you have robotic spacing down to the pixel. Still doesn't matter since spamming SRK should beat that but fuck if I know what my problems were...

Also, I'm sure you know by this point already, but I have yet to learn his TS recovery and keep trying different K/P versions, which is why I kept eating ultra after ultra without showing any indication of learning of my mistake.

I got bodied though, gotta get better, gotta stop making stupid mistakes. One in particular that almost made me toss my iphone down from the window was :

You TAPing fullscreen and I kept fucking it all up. If you TAP from that far away then it's a free window for me to do like c.hp and get considerable damage even after throwing a TS. Yet every single time all I did was releasing block so that TAP hit me.

In the end I'm still semi-happy if I disregard my fuckups, even if I only won one game against your rog I was good with it for now given how little I know with queen-tiger. ( Even though the games I won felt like you loosened up abit + messing around with dirty bull )

end /DSP /Sodiumconnossieur

Yeah GGs. I noticed some stuff that you could have punished and stuffed, but sometimes it just doesn't work out. I had difficult time punishing stuff too. Also I few times I messed headbutt -> ultra which pisses me off greatly. But at least I got one successful dash ultra in there. A few lucky ones too when you obviously tried to counter my ultra with something and nothing came out.

Your FAs were effective as well. I lost probably about 5-7 rounds just because I always wanted to jump in and hit your FA. Then I ate and ultra or TU. I remember those non-reversal TU that just went through my FAs. Fun times. :) MY Focus Master tittle is there for a reason. Especially when other Rogs never use their focus attacks.

My fav moment of the set was when your U1 whiffed partly on Dee Jay and countered your TK with Dee Jay's U2.

Again GGs and your Sagat is shaping up nicely. Little bit more awareness with the tiger shots and punishing TAPs etc.

Edit: I just realized that corky is an anagram for rocky.

USD

SamVimes said:
re-edit: both WNF and GG start at 8pm, which is around 5am here in Europe, so i guess it doesn't matter. :(
Guard Crush starts at 6PM East Coast US time, so it should be starting up in less than 2 hours. WNF is West Coast and starts at 8PM local time, so that one will be pretty late for those in Europe.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Rocky_Balboa said:
Edit: I just realized that corky is an anagram for rocky.

mnightshalemanyean.jpg

All that aside, I sure do love playing against you because I feel like being at a disadvantage skill wise really forces one to become better, or just keep getting bodied over and over again. Kinda like the gazelle - cheetah relationship :3

USD said:
Just a heads-up, Spooky will be streaming Guard Crush: Team Battles in a few hours. MvC3 and AE 2v2, team lock and character lock (where applicable).

www.justin.tv/teamsp00ky

Wednesday Night Fights returns, with a new venue and and a new sponsor, EventHubs. Level|Up will be the primary stream, but Offcast will be streaming Mortal Kombat.

www.justin.tv/leveluplive

www.justin.tv/offcast

And of course there's always Starbase:

www.justin.tv/iplaywinner
After work, I'm going to the gym and then

My browser is ready.

SamVimes

USD said:
Guard Crush starts at 6PM East Coast US time, so it should be starting up in less than 2 hours. WNF is West Coast and starts at 8PM local time, so that one will be pretty late for those in Europe.
Oh good, i guess i'll watch it a little.

USD said:
Just a heads-up, Spooky will be streaming Guard Crush: Team Battles in a few hours. MvC3 and AE 2v2, team lock and character lock (where applicable).

www.justin.tv/teamsp00ky

Wednesday Night Fights returns, with a new venue and and a new sponsor, EventHubs. Level|Up will be the primary stream, but Offcast will be streaming Mortal Kombat.

www.justin.tv/leveluplive

www.justin.tv/offcast

And of course there's always Starbase:

www.justin.tv/iplaywinner

stream is up now..SS4 AE

Edit: teamsp00ky stream I meant is on

abq

Is it possible to follow people/watch people´s replays with an XBL silver account? I don't want to pay for XBl because all my friends are on PSN. I would, however, like to watch replays from good players on XBL.

abq said:
Is it possible to follow people/watch people´s replays with an XBL silver account? I don't want to pay for XBl because all my friends are on PSN. I would, however, like to watch replays from good players on XBL.

I don't believe so.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Diablohead said:
Slightly OT but anyone buying SFIV VOLT tonight? iOS with online play and 3 new characters.

i should know this but is it an entirely new purchase or simply an update to the previous game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom