• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kai

Ken said:
Really? I don't remember that happening to me playing AE while unconnected to XBL.

I am positive. It might be because my xbox crapped out and I had to get a new one and just got another one and used my old hard drive on it. I have to boot from my hard drive every-time i start the game (instead of choosing the "flash" memory that comes with the cheap xbox with no hard drive i got).

SmokeMaxX

Kai said:
Also forgot to mention, something else I found out this weekend in Palm Springs....

A great benefit of having the disc version that I didn't know - if you take your XBOX over with AE DLC to someone else's house and you don't have an internet connection there - you cannot play AE. It requires an internet connection to run - if the connection turns off after you begin playing - you get a 10 minute warning saying you have to plug it back in.
That should only apply if you're playing on a 360 that wasn't the original downloader of the DLC content.

notworksafe

Kai said:
I am positive. It might be because my xbox crapped out and I had to get a new one and just got another one and used my old hard drive on it. I have to boot from my hard drive every-time i start the game (instead of choosing the "flash" memory that comes with the cheap xbox with no hard drive i got).
Check on Xbox.com. You might have to do a license migration to your new console. http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Support/LicenseMigration/Home

Rentahamster said:
Now that I'm posting in this thread again, there's one thing that I never got around to doing.

I never posted any pics of what happened to the neat stuff I won in that GAF tournament that Kadey and MarkMan helped to put on.

Kadey, being awesome as always, felt that a limited edition fightstick from Comic Con would be a nice prize, and I am thankful for her generosity. One can always be assured, that special items in Rentahamster's possesion will surely be treated with the utmost care.

Here we can see the fightstick secured safely between mounds of soft padding, cushioning it from any jarring impacts that would damage it.

Thanks again Kadey and MarkMan! You guys rock!

Also thanks to my teammates TurtleSnatcher and FindMyFarms and Tesseract

Ahh, the memories

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?p=PL343C56FF449DEF23

Haha.

I'm still using my 3 fightpads I asked for.

2 are sitting at my office (i work at a game studio) and a few of us use them for our daily SSF4AE hour of game time.

Izuna

Banned
LakeEarth said:
Is Sakura's regular dp lose invulnerability frames? I swear it was never stuffed so often.

It wasn't ever a good dp to begin with, but it might have something to with why Ryu's LP DP is also worse than it used to. I'm not sure if anyone has noticed, but Ibuki can now stuff Ryu's DP with a st.LP, and he can't force a juggle out of her Vortex anymore.

LeMaximilian said:
Glad you like it. Trying to gauge the audience reaction to the show right now...see if it's something worth investing time into down the line. Maybe 1 AE and 1 MVC3 show a week.

SSF4: 'THE ONLINE WARRIOR' Arcade Edition Episode 1 (SSF4:AE online gameplay)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ut7yp-woWQ

Just viewed this. I liked it, man. It's good to see you doing pieces on AE. I like the post match commentary myself. With MvC3 and SFxT on the horizon, I actually hope you choose to do more AE videos.

USD

LakeEarth said:
Is Sakura's regular dp lose invulnerability frames? I swear it was never stuffed so often.
I'm not a Sakura player, but I'm pretty sure only EX has invincibility, and it's been like that since Vanilla.

Yeah, only Sakura's ex shou has invincibility. Unless you're talking about the regular shou's for AA. In that case, you're just spacing them wrong/using the wrong version.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Did anyone go to the AE launch party Capcom threw in SF?

I was the guy in the corner with two girls on his lap (no really). lol.

Mœbius

MarkMan said:
Did anyone go to the AE launch party Capcom threw in SF?

I was the guy in the corner with two girls on his lap (no really). lol.
I saw your pic on twitter. It's blurry but the girl on the right (your left) looks cute.

Satyamdas said:
Shizza stopped playing a long time ago and Ed Ma can be found at random times on XBL and attending SoCal tourneys.

Dude wins a gold TE stick and then disappears off the face of the Earth. I smell a documentary in about 20 years.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Rice-Eater said:
Dude wins a gold TE stick and then disappears off the face of the Earth. I smell a documentary in about 20 years.

Or the plot of Uncharted 4 : Mystery of the Golden stick.

Corky

Urban Scholar said:
I was wondering are people using Yang as a main here? I'm trying him out.

I tried him out and found him very easy to win with, not saying I'm good either, but there's always something that "bothers" me when I try to play a character everybody else plays.

Which is why I never really tried sagat in vanilla, and didn't even give him a chance until AE. And I'm having a blast :3!

Corky said:
I tried him out and found him very easy to win with, not saying I'm good either, but there's always something that "bothers" me when I try to play a character everybody else plays.
Which is why I never really tried sagat in vanilla, and didn't even give him a chance until AE. And I'm having a blast :3!

Red Liquorice said:
I'm trying to, but I'm having Makoto in SSF4 deja vu. I need to get a lot more practice in.

hmm, thanks for the input.

It's so hard to not go back into training mode with my old characters -_-
Even sticking to 5 is hard for me, even though 80% of the time I spend is with Oni.

Main: Oni
Secondary: Seth
Counters: Dudley(for Akuma/Ibuki/Sagat), Fei Long(for stubby/dp-less characters), Sagat(for Zangief/Hawk)

jdub03

I played over half the cast in sfiv. I never really stuck to any 1 character throughout. It's what I do with every fighting game. I move around until I settle down on a character. In ssfiv ibuki was my main but I still spent lots of time developing other characters. In AE I'm 90% ibuki with a smattering of yun, akuma and e. ryu. I'm starting to mess around with frame traps, safe jumps, and ambiguous crossups, which is something I never really did.

Satyamdas said:
Shizza stopped playing a long time ago and Ed Ma can be found at random times on XBL and attending SoCal tourneys.

Gootecks mentioned something about playing a few sets with Ed in one of the recent Excellent Adventures. Was he at Evo last year? His run was pretty nice in SFIV vanilla at Evo with Akuma.

prodystopian said:
Gootecks mentioned something about playing a few sets with Ed in one of the recent Excellent Adventures. Was he at Evo last year? His run was pretty nice in SFIV vanilla at Evo with Akuma.
I liked his old Ken too. One of the first guys to get far with his kara throw setups.

Izuna

Banned
God's Beard said:
Are you sure? I like EX ducking against vortex characters. Again, I just like the matchup, I don't really care about the rating. Dudley Akuma is my favorite in the game.

I'm pretty sure EX Ducking doesn't escape Ibuki's Vortex. I can see why you'd love it vs. Akuma though lol

Corky

_dementia said:
Online strats. Gotta love it.

The worst feeling in the world is when you know what they're going to do ,and you know what you're going to do but the gremlings in the internet make sure that it doesn't quite unfold like you predicted.

- random ryu does neutral jump ex tatsu while I'm under him just about to unload on him. Before the signals from my brain have reached my hands he has already landed, cl.fp xx hp srk fadc ultra'd me and won the game.

THANKS!

Corky

Urban Scholar said:
I'm new to this, the raw damage for Yang's U1 deals 480 base. However when you combo into it following a fully charged focus attack it deals 385?

Yeah, it's because of damage scaling, the longer your combo the less damage your subsequent hits will do.

Urban Scholar said:
I'm new to this, the raw damage for Yang's U1 deals 480 base. However when you combo into it following a fully charged focus attack it deals 385?
Damage scaling is pretty harsh in SFIV.
Basically, the longer the combo is, the less each individual hit does.

In a combo, you'll get 100% damage for 1st and 2nd hit, 80% damage for 3rd hit, 70% damage for 4th, 60% damage for 5th, 50% damage for 6th hit, 40% damage for 7th hit, 30% damage for 8th hit, 20% damage for 9th hit.

Additionally, there is vitality scaling. If the opponent has more than half their heath, they take 100% of the adjusted (post-scaling) combo damage.
At 16% - 50% vitality, the opponent takes 90% of the adjusted combo damage.
At 15% health and below, they take 75% of the adjusted combo damage.

Finally, Focus attacks count as two hits in the scaling engine, even though it's just one in the combo engine.

This is why the net damage is lower even though you're hitting the opponent more times.

Source:
http://iplaywinner.com/game-data-ssf4/damage-scaling-in-super-street-fighter-4.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom