• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vixlar

Corky said:
thank god gen is a difficult character to play, without a doubt the most annoying character to play against. Maybe El furte.

Dear god I hate gen.

And I love to play as Gen, muahahaha...

Actually, I'm not that good, but his moves are really unpredictable, and is so easy to combo onto his super and ultras... I love his crossover in crane, you really don't know where that kick is coming from.

Corky said:
thank god gen is a difficult character to play, without a doubt the most annoying character to play against. Maybe El furte.

Dear god I hate gen.

I have the same problem with El Farte that I have with Vega.

WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?!

For some reason, the pattern recognition on what they're doing always fails for me. The tough part is not knowing the proper counter attacks, so El Farte / Vega matches against me were free.

That's one thing I miss about arcades. Folks would share knowledge and what-not. Online people are tight lipped and afraid to lose matches so they're not willing to share info on counters and such. :\

Ah the good old days.

If I can find this used I might hop back on to get my Hokan AE on.

notworksafe

Hakan is a champ in AE! Everything slides you forward when oiled, you can go right from slide into oil, and even stack oil. s.HP is also a pretty boss AA as well.

He's pretty dang fun to play now!

notworksafe said:
Hakan is a champ in AE! Everything slides you forward when oiled, you can go right from slide into oil, and even stack oil. s.HP is also a pretty boss AA as well.

He's pretty dang fun to play now!

He was fun to play before too!

I just didn't win much. D:

notworksafe

I guess I should say less frustrating to play. Wins come semi-easily now too, mostly because people don't expect the oily hugs to be as awesome as they are. :D

Makes me sad that my two favorite characters in IV both got awesome buffs but will probably never be seen again after the IV series ends. :(

Hl9Rvl.jpg

And I won't stand for any Juri hate from you, TTOB! :mad:

notworksafe said:
I guess I should say less frustrating to play. Wins come semi-easily now too, mostly because people don't expect the oily hugs to be as awesome as they are. :D

Yes.

A lot of the changes from SSF4 to AE sounded great and gave players more options and safety. Versus a lot of excessively punishable moves / set up in SSF4.

Not that every character isn't full of risks when you play, but damn - you really didn't have a lot of safe options as an Oil Baron. :(

Izuna

Banned
Axis said:
that's how i feel about fei longs as well...they'll throw out 2 rekkas like it's safe and i'm not sure if it's from people not punishing them or if they just don't know

This is because you cancel into a third Rekka. If they see you punishing, they'll do the third one.

notworksafe said:
And I won't stand for any Juri hate from you, TTOB! :mad:

GO BACK TO TEKKEN MISS ROTTEN TWAT! >:|

Oh well, if having Juri means Tekken Tag 2 gets a cool wrestling chick, I guess that's the price we must pay. Right? Generic transgendered Baker's Do San in SF4.

Did I mention her voice is terrible too? My cat hacking up a hairball sounds more pleasant than her stupid choking projectile sound.

At least she had the decency to put handles on her head for T.Hawk to wreck her with.

USD

Conceited said:
Well Jago finally revealed what happened;
Wow, that's some serious shit. Really hope he gets better. I'll be sad if he does quit, but that's certainly a wake-up call.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Wallach said:
SSF4:AE is part of the Steam summer sale, even though it is still pre-order. 33% off, or 43% off if you own SF4.

I'm buying this asap incase it's a mistake.

Mœbius

Wallach said:
SSF4:AE is part of the Steam summer sale, even though it is still pre-order. 33% off, or 43% off if you own SF4.
Thanks! Was going to get this on release but that's a good deal - purchased.

SamVimes

Wallach said:
Damn, i don't have money on my Mastercard right now, i just hope it stays until tomorrow.

HiResDes

The most annoying thing about Gen is how long it takes his special moves to finish, but other than that I think he's a really cool character that I wish I could play.

Wallach

SamVimes said:
Damn, i don't have money on my Mastercard right now, i just hope it stays until tomorrow.

Unfortunately it is already removed. It was an error (original SF4 was supposed to only have that sale).

_dementia said:
I want to play Gen as a sub, any tips, Cloudius12 or any other Gen-GAF?
If you want to play Gen, they are probably a bunch of topics on SRK, but the hell with that.

-What you need to play Gen effectively is being able to stance switch on the fly to react to anything your opponent does.

-Mantis Crouching HP is good for jump distance AA. Crane Crouching HK is good for close AA.

-If you want some real advice, don't try to do FADC combos like me >.< Most of the time I do it, I just do it for extra damage, you could be building it for for Super.

-One of his most important tools are MK > HP Hands (or anything into hands as along as you can hit confirm into super), his new Bnb (MP > Hp > MK > Lk gekiro)

-If you really want to play gimmicky and learn Oga cross up mid screen, try:
If you are facing Right:
Cross Up jumping Crane MK > Crane LP > Crouching Crane LK > Mantis Crouching HK > LK Oga UP Forward > Hold left before hitting wall to use the cross up.
Works on Yun, Yang, Oni, Evil Ryu (weird huh)
I think this setup works on other characters too. But I can confirm its owrk for the above mention when midscreen.

Ask for other stuff if you need.

_dementia said:
I cannot block Crane ultra 2 ever. it's like free damage. Does it hit overhead or something? Can it cross up?

Every time I see it come out I think "oh, I'll just block and punish" yet it always hits.
missed this one. Yeah its an overhead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom