• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the answers guys. As for you being in the UK heavysandwich, probably a third of my opponents in Vanilla PC were European. I do live in North Carolina which borders the Atlantic ocean if that matters. I never thought the lag was that bad. But I must admit, this was before I started taking the game even more seriously so maybe it was just something I didn't notice. But if we get the chance, I'd still like to try some across the Atlantic Ocean matches just to see how good or bad it is.

Hey Pirateben, I think we tried to play each other a couple times on PS3 and they were pretty bad. But hopefully PC is better, maybe not silky smooth but playable at least. We'll give it a shot when we both have a chance.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
So I've been catching up on SF vids to see what I've been missing this past year, and I've noticed something.

I see a lot of Dhalsims now doing Yoga Flame okizeme on a downed opponent.

I remember when only Saty and I used to do that :)

Mœbius

Rice-Eater said:
Hey Pirateben, I think we tried to play each other a couple times on PS3 and they were pretty bad. But hopefully PC is better, maybe not silky smooth but playable at least. We'll give it a shot when we both have a chance.
Yeah the few times we tried it was so-so, not completely unplayable but not solid enough for a good experience.

Fingers crossed it's good on PC - don't know why but I always want to play you the most, hehe. I think I have it in my head that we are at roughly the same level so that will make for good matches, but I'm probably overestimating my abilities (or underestimating yours)!

Rice-Eater said:
Thanks for the answers guys. As for you being in the UK heavysandwich, probably a third of my opponents in Vanilla PC were European. I do live in North Carolina which borders the Atlantic ocean if that matters. I never thought the lag was that bad. But I must admit, this was before I started taking the game even more seriously so maybe it was just something I didn't notice. But if we get the chance, I'd still like to try some across the Atlantic Ocean matches just to see how good or bad it is.

I know where North Carolina is, have family there!

More than up for levelling up my scrubby Oni.

Edit: steam name efeman

My gamertag is the same.

Heavy's Sandvich said:
I know where North Carolina is, have family there!

More than up for levelling up my scrubby Oni.

Nice coincidence, trying to level up my scrubby Evil Ryu as well. Hopefully the connection is good enough for the both of us.

pirateben said:
Yeah the few times we tried it was so-so, not completely unplayable but not solid enough for a good experience.

Fingers crossed it's good on PC - don't know why but I always want to play you the most, hehe. I think I have it in my head that we are at roughly the same level so that will make for good matches, but I'm probably overestimating my abilities (or underestimating yours)!

We'll find out soon enough :3

Pirateben has been sending me PMs trashtalking your scrubbiness.

Challenge him to a money match.

Edit: I want to stir up some controversy, get things heated for AE's release next week.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
I'm planning on picking up the 360 retail disc version of AE in the near future. Anything I need to do to have my current SSF4 save data make the transition intact or anything? I'm current on title updates and mandatory patches but haven't downloaded the "SSF4 Update Kit."

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Yeah I can't wait for pc AE to bind psn vs xbl to a mutual platform :D, I'm going to do my best to convince as many people as possible to buy it for pc. Would love a long-lived gaf sf community.

I was trying to find a few quick ranked matches online before work. It's like no one plays around 8 am est or something. I ran into the same guy 2x and lost both times. Well the practice was worth it.

mbmonk

I broke down and ordered the DVD's of the VesperArcade Tutorials. I just felt like I had to support them. To do a great tutorial and then release pretty much the entire thing for free on Youtube was pretty cool. I think my copy arrives on tomorrow. They shipped it out the same day I ordered it. Very nice :)

Urban Scholar said:
I was trying to find a few quick ranked matches online before work. It's like no one plays around 8 am est or something. I ran into the same guy 2x and lost both times. Well the practice was worth it.

Yea. I had a similar experience with vanilla SF4. Normally if I tried around 10am or after I got a steady stream of opponents. But I play against the lowest tier of players, so that is probably a factor as well.

Mik2121

Man, earlier today I bought Marvel Vs Capcom 3 because I know my gf likes fighting games (she loves SF), and went back home all happy. We tried to play it, and while I enjoyed it, it was too crazy for her :(

So I ended up going back to the store and purchasing Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition (quite the long name..). Gotta love the amount of characters available, and my gf is really enjoying it!. I will probably leave MvsC3 for when some friends come home... though we will probably end up playing SSF4AE anyway.. :p

Either way, really good games, both. But while MvsC3 is way too hectic, this one feels just fine :_)

BTW, I'm playing with a cheap-ish HORI arcade stick for the PS3. Forgot the name. She's playing with the DualShock 3... :| She tried the arcade, but likes the DS3 better, heh...

Mik2121 said:
Man, earlier today I bought Marvel Vs Capcom 3 because I know my gf likes fighting games (she loves SF), and went back home all happy. We tried to play it, and while I enjoyed it, it was too crazy for her :(

So I ended up going back to the store and purchasing Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition (quite the long name..). Gotta love the amount of characters available, and my gf is really enjoying it!. I will probably leave MvsC3 for when some friends come home... though we will probably end up playing SSF4AE anyway.. :p

Either way, really good games, both. But while MvsC3 is way too hectic, this one feels just fine :_)
Glad you guys are enjoying it. Are you taking to any specific characters yet?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I never get tired watching Yun own.

USD

Kazunoko is destroying everybody. Even with the few players that have gotten fairly close, he just pulls off some "lol Yun" moments and mows them over.

Huge thanks to Corky for gifting me the PC version of AE during the Steam Sale blunder!

Will play this until I realize that I do not actually like having permanent blisters on my thumbs and/or me getting a new stick to play with. Sold my Sanwa-modded HRAP long ago.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
USD said:
Kazunoko is destroying everybody. Even with the few players that have gotten fairly close, he just pulls off some "lol Yun" moments and mows them over.

Just tuned in, did he play anyone noteworthy yet?

USD

Conceited said:
Just tuned in, did he play anyone noteworthy yet?
Just randoms online, but a few with a decent amount of PP. He just destroyed Papaya, one of the better Akuma players out there.

USD

And he finally loses a match, against the player who is/was the #1 Jun on PSN (though playing on 360).

EDIT: And just now Papaya got his revenge in a reverse beasting.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
TyrantGuardian said:
Huge thanks to Corky for gifting me the PC version of AE during the Steam Sale blunder!

Will play this until I realize that I do not actually like having permanent blisters on my thumbs and/or me getting a new stick to play with. Sold my Sanwa-modded HRAP long ago.

:D welcome to the forums mang. <3

Also time to retire my professor blanka avatar and get on that king tiger.

Rocky_Balboa said:
I got some hatemail too. It is annoying sometimes because I personally thought it was a good match, but then after the match you get some bullshit message. And when I answer them appropriately, more bullshit flies on my way. I guess people are just too salty sometimes.

Uploaded the hatemail match. I didn't see any reason for the hate though :(
vs Hating Adon

jdub03

DarkoMaledictus said:
I usually just reply : "Keep it salty..."

and then ban their ass from my message list ;p.

No point in dealing with idiots!

I had a guy message me after losing saying I was an online warrior scrub for doing the same brain dead combo. I messaged him back explaining the intricate details of his scrubbyness, including the fact that he lost to me. I invited him to try again when he leveled up his game. I blocked him from messaging me. He proceeded to call me the N word and all its variations from another gamertag. I'm going to have to change my gamertag to something less likely to incite racial hate.

jdub03 said:
I had a guy message me after losing saying I was an online warrior scrub for doing the same brain dead combo. I messaged him back explaining the intricate details of his scrubbyness, including the fact that he lost to me. I invited him to try again when he leveled up his game. I blocked him from messaging me. He proceeded to call me the N word and all its variations from another gamertag. I'm going to have to change my gamertag to something less likely to incite racial hate.
Set your profile to only receive messages from people on your friends list.

One of the best features of XBL, easily.

Threi

notag
Guesong said:
Anyone has tips for playing as Dee Jay? T_T

Doesn't help that I'm simultaneously learning to properly use an arcade stick, but man, I am getting wrecked out there lol.
Don't be too aggressive or too defensive. DeeJay works best when you strike a balance between the two. Personally I keep on my feet most of the time, because i want people to jump. People are always scared of his charge antiair and thus won't jump in on a DeeJay on downback, but i think his real hidden strength are in his standing/air to air options. The best time to charge downback is when you are in the air IMO.

Don't knee shot too much.

_dementia said:
no pullum :/

USD said:

Bodies flying everywhere.

How in the hell does Yun's palm strike beat Fei U2? :/

Mik2121

_dementia said:
Glad you guys are enjoying it. Are you taking to any specific characters yet?
Uhm. For MvsC3 not yet, I'm not used to the characters yet. So I can't tell.

But for SSF4AE, my gf loves to use Chun-Li (she always uses that character), and I've been playing around with all the new characters since SF4. I'm enjoying some of them, but for now the one I like to use the most are Ryu (...) and Fei Long.
But I definitely wanna get used to some other characters.

Imm0rt4l

USD said:
Didn't know Desora played Makoto. He was doing alright for a while.
Yea, I'm sure he doesn't like the gouken yun matchup, he plays akuma as well. I was surprised to see he was on, I thought he was stopping ssf4 for a while since going to China.

USD

So in 3 hours, Kazunoko's reached top 10 in PP (highest was #5, currently #8), and only lost to goodtime01's Juri, Papaya's Gouki, and 1P's Ken.

USD said:
So in just under 3 hours, Kazunoko's reached top 10 in PP (currently #5), and only lost to goodtime01's Juri, Papaya's Gouki, and 1P's Ken.

He has a "slightly" different style from all the rest of Yun's I've seen play.

They just checked the PP on the leaderboards before signing out hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom