• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

USD

_dementia said:
Shit sucks.

Hey USD, why do all the Japanese streams use ustream?
Is it better overseas or something?
I'd say a primary reason is anonymous chat. Most of the popular streaming sites in Japan (Nico Live, Ustream, Livetube, etc.) have it as in option, in some cases as the only option. Until Justin.tv has a anonymous chat option, you'll pretty much never see any JP broadcasters make the switch.

Also, Justin.tv no longer has an international viewer cap, at least for gaming broadcasts.
Conceited said:
Jago coming back into the scene according to Min, good news.
Figured he wouldn't drop out of the scene like that. Still, glad that he's sticking with it.

USD said:
I'd say a primary reason is anonymous chat. Most of the popular streaming sites in Japan (Nico Live, Ustream, Livetube, etc.) have it as in option, in some cases as the only option. Until Justin.tv has a anonymous chat option, you'll pretty much never see any JP broadcasters make the switch.

Also, Justin.tv no longer has an international viewer cap, at least for gaming broadcasts.

What do you personally think is the reason Spooky is going to use ustream instead of justin.tv? Because of the chat thing for the japan guys?

USD

ThatCrazyGuy said:
What do you personally think is the reason Spooky is going to use ustream instead of justin.tv? Because of the chat thing for the japan guys?
I have no idea, I wasn't actually awake when he talked about it on the stream. I doubt it was Spooky's decision to go with Ustream though, he's not in control of all aspects of the stream; it is EVO after all. Most non-JP Ustream broadcasters don't use anonymous chat anyway, and usually the Japanese have their own chat channel.

ThatCrazyGuy said:
sp00ky said one of the main reasons for using ustream was because the sites stability.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I wish Spooky would go back to his old style of commentating with like the Puerto Rican lip smacks, and orgasm noises and saying "we bait those! we punish those!" etc. That shit was goodlike. I think I made fun of him for it at first, but it was only because I was I was really insecure about how much it was secretly turning me on.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Yeah. It isn't Sp00ky but rather EVO. The tournament isn't too far from now so if JTV is running the way it is now and then, they are right to be cautious. For the last two months or so JTV has been bug ridden and all sorts of whack. Apparently the infrastructure is being upgraded as well as resources being used for the sister site, twitchtv. I'm not too fond of the news either but let's see how it goes.

I remember G4 also running a stream on their site of last EVO and it being very good. It was the main one I was watching last year. Hopefully they do the same this year.

Now that I'm home. If anybody is up for endless and stream, I can do it. I probably won't be playing much if at all but I can leave it running like always.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Blanka ball -> grab is impossible to tech online. Like damn.

Every time I get grabbed by that shit I feel like screaming "I TECHED THAT GODDAMMIT" at the top of my lungs.

Lost Fragment said:

Every time I get grabbed by that shit I feel like screaming "I TECHED THAT GODDAMMIT" at the top of my lungs.
At least you're not able to be fooled by it. :(

GorillaJu

I've been without my beloved PlayStation for about six months now - in a few weeks we'll be reunited as I move back into the Tokyo area from buttfuck countryside Japan.

Really looking forward to picking up AE and trying my hand once again online. I tend to go through phases of confidence and frustration when it comes to fighting games - but in the words of Zoidberg, "Who needs courage when you have a gun?" aka I'm going to tier whore and hopefully enjoy the game more than when I battled with my sad attempts at progressing with Hakan and Ibuki (just don't have the execution for my first love I'm afraid).

I understand Makoto is pretty vicious now, but as I've heard several times on stream, a characters real tier is decided on how they fair against the twins. How is Makoto vs Yun and Yang, and Fei for that matter? Does she have the tools to put up with the frame traps, mix ups and all the other evil doings of the Hong Kong killers?

Mikhal

Expected Combofiend. Did not expect Champ. But I can see why those two were chosen since they're good in both Marvel and SF4.

Is Juicebox and Vangief still in BLG or is BLG pretty much done?

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Kadey said:
Yeah. It isn't Sp00ky but rather EVO. The tournament isn't too far from now so if JTV is running the way it is now and then, they are right to be cautious. For the last two months or so JTV has been bug ridden and all sorts of whack. Apparently the infrastructure is being upgraded as well as resources being used for the sister site, twitchtv. I'm not too fond of the news either but let's see how it goes.

I remember G4 also running a stream on their site of last EVO and it being very good. It was the main one I was watching last year. Hopefully they do the same this year.

Now that I'm home. If anybody is up for endless and stream, I can do it. I probably won't be playing much if at all but I can leave it running like always.

I'm down maybe kind of.

Mœbius

Yeah he has played both Fuerte and Blanka today.

Edit - aaaand GiPie is out, lost to both Gamerbee and RB. He used Blanka and Fuerte against RB (who used Guy and Yun respectively).

RB (Yun) vs Bee (Adon) now...

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I win more than I lose with Makoto, but I don't feel like I win much more than i did with her in Super. Maybe I'm too used to Super Makoto. My Mak was always pretty heavily dependent on spacing and really picking my battles, but she doesn't have to do that as much anymore. Now she can just dash in and act like a total jerk.

Am used to remembering that fukiage and cr.lk are awesome now though.

Mikhal said:
Expected Combofiend. Did not expect Champ. But I can see why those two were chosen since they're good in both Marvel and SF4.

Is Juicebox and Vangief still in BLG or is BLG pretty much done?

Yeah I didn't expect Champ with his reputation. Especially with how he left BLG.

Grats to both of them regardless.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Lost Fragment said:

Bleh teching online in general is soo bullshit, sometimes it's nigh impossible frankly.

Izuna

Banned
jdub03 said:
That's what I thought but above and below it there were s.j without the brackets.

AMBIGIOUS CROSS-UPS
• b.Throw -> f.Dash -> sj.LK
• Neckbreaker -> (walk) -> (s)j.LK
• (Corner) EX Tsumuji -> cr.HP -> j.LK

I should have been more specific. It depends on how fast the character wakes ups. If it's Adon, there's no reason to superjump.

zlatko

Banned
holdbrillanj said:
Ain't adon's wakeup time the same as the rest of the rooster now?

rooster.jpg

That's cluckin correct. His wake up is the same as the rest.

izunadono said:
In AE I think. Not in the 3DS version though.

Isn't the 3DS, just Super,which is probably why he gets up quicker?

I was at the store and contemplated buying the hard copies of Super SF IV AE, but I think I'll just go all digital (despite it making difficult to play at other people's houses).

Also, what are Yun's strong links?

Izuna

Banned
Spiderjericho said:

Strong as in MP, or damage wise?

cr.MP, cr.MP, st.MP is probably his best hit-confirm for damage.

--

The guide he got that from is for both 3DS and AE. It's got a couple of typos, and that's one instance where it doesn't specify if something is for AE or 3DS. I'll remake it someday...

Spiderjericho said:
Isn't the 3DS, just Super,which is probably why he gets up quicker?

I was at the store and contemplated buying the hard copies of Super SF IV AE, but I think I'll just go all digital (despite it making difficult to play at other people's houses).

If you have the $$$ I'd consider the hard copy of AE. Main reason I purchased it was due to the fact I didn't really play Super over the years and bringing it with me to local matches(friends, etc.)

Izuna

Banned
Spiderjericho said:

I've got the digital version 'cause I tend to break discs if I keep them for over a year, but I recoomend the disc version of AE.

The loading time when you boot up the game is reduced.

izunadono said:
I've got the digital version 'cause I tend to break discs if I keep them for over a year, but I recoomend the disc version of AE.

The loading time when you boot up the game is reduced.
That's cool. Are there any other changes?

Corky

holdbrillanj said:
Da. Norway

Oh

my

GOD.

Someone who lives within 50miles of me? You know we're going to play SF until one of us dies from malnutrition and the other gets thrown into jail, right? Right?!

holdbrillanj

Neo Member
Corky said:
Oh

my

GOD.

Someone who lives within 50miles of me? You know we're going to play SF until one of us dies from malnutrition and the other gets thrown into jail, right? Right?!

This is the part where i say i play on XBL and you say you play on PSN.

Also, my xbox red ringed last week. On it's way to Microsoft as atm.

Corky

holdbrillanj said:
This is the part where i say i play on XBL and you say you play on PSN.

Also, my xbox red ringed last week. On it's way to Microsoft as atm.

:(

actually. I play on xbl but plan to play AE on pc exclusively if there are enough gaffers.

I traded my 360 Super for AE. I guess I'll go back and trade in the PS3 version. But I mainly plan on playing on my laptop. It's not one of the extreme rigs in the gamer laptop thread, but it can play the game at 720p @ 60fps w 2XAA.

Also, the SF Volt sucks...no I take it back. I suck at using the touch screen.

I wish they'd come out with an AE soundtrack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom