• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satyamdas

Banned
_Xenon_ said:
That's Jaguar tooth not Jaguar kick. I don't think anybody would have a problem with JT but as for JK, seriously I don't think you have a better solution for it except 'on reaction DP'.
Or you could, you know, block? Are you really that free to Jaguar Kicks? I mean yeah, they're annoying, but it's not like he is invincible during them or at massive frame advantage after. If having safe moves is all it takes to be overpowered then Bison is God++ SSS-Tier. Why don't I see you complaining about him?

haunts said:
12225.jpg
look at that seductive face

_Xenon_ said:
That's Jaguar tooth not Jaguar kick. I don't think anybody would have a problem with JT but as for JK, seriously I don't think you have a better solution for it except 'on reaction DP'.

Treat it like a poke. Try to get a read on when and where they like to do it, it's a very easy move to whiff punish with chun (cr. rh) and if they're predictable with it, it's also really easy to stuff. They have to space it well in order to make it block, and often times if they're in range to make it block, you should be able to recognize it.

USD

_dementia said:
Thanks USD, will spectate.
I hope Sako takes it. The winner gets a trip to a euro tourney, right?
Yes, Beat By Contest in February. All of EG, Mago, Tokido, and Gamerbee (who won a trip by winning Bushido Impact) will be there.

_Xenon_

Banned
Satyamdas said:
Or you could, you know, block? Are you really that free to Jaguar Kicks? I mean yeah, they're annoying, but it's not like he is invincible during them or at massive frame advantage after. If having safe moves is all it takes to be overpowered then Bison is God++ SSS-Tier. Why don't I see you complaining about him?
JK is a 99% safe pseudo jump in. It doesn't do much damage but it's a free card to put Adon in a place where you never want him to be (right in your face). It functions like Ken's step kick or Feilong's rekka poke but way more annoying (fast & breaks armor & air-cancellable). Bison's SK is safe on block but I know a bison 1 block away from me can't do shit. Remove the push back of SK then tell me he's not god tier (well he still won't be ... no overhead = no mix up).

Axis

_Xenon_ said:
JK is a 99% safe pseudo jump in. It doesn't do much damage but it's a free card to put Adon in a place where you never want him to be (right in your face). It functions like Ken's step kick or Feilong's rekka poke but way more annoying (fast & breaks armor & air-cancellable). Bison's SK is safe on block but I know a bison 1 block away from me can't do shit. Remove the push back of SK then tell me he's not god tier (well he still won't be ... no overhead = no mix up).

bison>adon

stop being ridiculous. what character do you play? dash back on reaction to JK's and sweep...automatic punish. you must get raped constantly by adon to have this high an opinion of him...jesus christ.

_Xenon_

Banned
Axis said:
bison>adon

stop being ridiculous. what character do you play? dash back on reaction to JK's and sweep...automatic punish. you must get raped constantly by adon to have this high an opinion of him...jesus christ.
Juri & Gouken (just picked up).

USD

And Sako takes it. The score count doesn't show it, but the matches were really close. I liked Haneyama's punish on Rose's Reflect, but then came the switch to Cammy. Sako Cammy is just so beast.

hitsugi

DryEyeRelief said:
I didn't know people from the cammy thread LostFragment posted migrated here. :lol

...I know you like Yun and all, and he was my main 3s, but removing low cannon strikes (both on the way up and down) was not necessary.

however - cammys changes allow for a new, POSSIBLY more effective style of play to be applied, so who knows? those that liked her old style can move on to someone else cause that's not happening anymore.

Mœbius

I feel like I'm becoming the Tokido blog update guy now... anyway, just posting this here because of a couple of interesting comments in this blog post, namely:

- Rose is "dead" in his opinion.
- Momochi is using Makoto now (very excited about seeing his Mak!).

USD

Later tonight is NSB's first AE broadcast, though it may be less spectacular than you'd expect. It's a beginner/low-level tournament, as only players just starting out with AE or who had less than 20K PP/BP in SFIV Arcade (or less than %50 win rate) can enter. Free play starts at 11 PM EST (10.5 hours from now), the actual tourney starts at 1 AM EST.

hitsugi

Wasn't momochi a makoto main in 3s? If so, it's about time.. Now let's get Kokujin back on Dudley and find wherever Aruka is and make him play ibuki in AE

_Xenon_ said:

Boy you must be on crack. Did you just call Jaguar Kicks fast compared to Rekkas? You can see Jaguar Kicks coming for like 15 seconds. Just hit a button goddamn.

hitsugi said:
Wasn't momochi a makoto main in 3s? If so, it's about time.. Now let's get Kokujin back on Dudley and find wherever Aruka is and make him play ibuki in AE

Yeah and get Yamazaki back on

...oh, nevermind :-(

kitzkozan

Might just be my perception,but AE seems to be SFIV+more offense and - turtling/defense.It's going to be harder to do well since offensive characters can now completely overpower you in a matter of seconds...

It probably make sense as well,since top tier charge characters+fireball/zoning (Dhalsim,Seth jump fierce) have been weakened+Capcom giving more ground combos to nearly everyone.

kitzkozan said:
Might just be my perception,but AE seems to be SFIV+more offense and - turtling/defense.It's going to be harder to do well since offensive characters can now completely overpower you in a matter of seconds...

It probably make sense as well,since top tier charge characters+fireball/zoning (Dhalsim,Seth jump fierce) have been weakened+Capcom giving more ground combos to nearly everyone.

Gives me more motivation to try and weather this storm once AE arrives on consoles. Gotta work on my dive kick defense :lol

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Did EX Karakusa always absorb one hit?

What other changes has happened with Makoto? I've been out of loop.

jman2050

EX Hayate is freaking ridiculous in this game.

Wait, hold on, were you able to cancel into FA1 from a hayate and combo it in regular Super?

kitzkozan

Makoto is ridiculously entertaining in AE,quite possibly the most fun character to watch. :D

Look at this sweet Makoto action from Japan. :D U2 is now just as good as U1,although it's used for fireballs and whiffed moves/punish.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Nobody to lead the Ryu army anymore. :(

I think it's cool that non-fireball characters are tops though. I'm personally not a fan of chucking fireballs all day.

jman2050

There's so many awesome little things in these Makoto matches I want to comment on, I don't even know where to start :lol

EDIT - And it looks like EX karakusa's range doesn't completely suck anymore? :O

jman2050

hitsugi said:

Someone find out where J disappeared to and get him out of retirement.

jman2050

The one other major thing that stands out to me in these videos is that Makoto's backdash is stupid as all hell (in the best possible way)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom