• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh, hello GAF. Been lurking for a while and finally had my account validated today (today's my birthday, funny timing).

Anyways, I've been trying out Guy for about a week or two now and have been kinda succesful both online and offline (though I don't think that's saying much with the current average skill level at my arcade), but I feel that I need to improve more. What are some good resets, mixups, etc?

My GT is SolarKnightR if anyone wants to play.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
SolarKnight said:
Uh, hello GAF. Been lurking for a while and finally had my account validated today (today's my birthday, funny timing).

Anyways, I've been trying out Guy for about a week or two now and have been kinda succesful both online and offline (though I don't think that's saying much with the current average skill level at my arcade), but I feel that I need to improve more. What are some good resets, mixups, etc?

My GT is SolarKnightR if anyone wants to play.

Fuck yes,, welcome, I want SF-gaf to grow and take over the world. Welcome <3. Where'ya from mate?

Also happy bday :)

10000+BP/3700PP Adon rage quit on me. Well at least know I know how he got his points. GT: A R Y D O O N.

Otherwise I had a good night. Won a lot of matches against good players.

Corky said:
Fuck yes,, welcome, I want SF-gaf to grow and take over the world. Welcome <3. Where'ya from mate?

Also happy bday :)

Mexico, which is both a blessing and a curse when it comes to fighting games honestly. At least where I live.

And thanks :)

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Rocky_Balboa said:
10000+BP/3700PP Adon rage quit on me. Well at least know I know how he got his points. GT: A R Y D O O N.

I can't understand how you can play ranked :(
I literally got chestpains when I played ranked in vanilla/super. In vanilla I couldn't progress past 2xxx something because it just came down to either you lost or you lost b/c of your opponent DCing. In super I played like literally only 50 or so games went from 0 to 3xxx and the chestpains started again.

Needless to say, my bp pp in AE is and shall remain 0:0.

XBL/SF serious buisness.

Corky said:
I can't understand how you can play ranked :(
I literally got chestpains when I played ranked in vanilla/super. In vanilla I couldn't progress past 2xxx something because it just came down to either you lost or you lost b/c of your opponent DCing. In super I played like literally only 50 or so games went from 0 to 3xxx and the chestpains started again.

Needless to say, my bp pp in AE is and shall remain 0:0.

XBL/SF serious buisness.

I try not to worry about the points too much. Sometimes it gets to me, but I've been more relaxed with it when AE came out. Mainly I try to get some BPs. PPs come and go, but BPs are little bit more stable so I'm focusing on it. Also I get more fun rage mail videos from ranked than endless. Too bad that I couldn't get a screenshot of that rage quitter asshole.

SolarKnight said:
Is it ok if I join the room even if I suck/am not even in the same country?

Nobody cares if you suck, but some of the regulars are a bit touchy about non-North Americans because the matches can get really laggy. But since you're a GAF'er I think it's ok. I just left the room because Seph is kicking everybody's ass with his 1-2 bar connection from Hawaii. Dude still manages to uppercut my jump ins and hit 1 frame links in that condition, I don't know how he does it.

EDIT: And something very mysterious happens. My Xbox stopped reading my copy of SSF4, I pull it out and I see a big scratch that circles around the disc. I continue trying to play it but it's not working. I guess this means I'll have to buy another copy :(

Well, I had a two bar connection to the room and regularly get 3 bars with US and Canada people on ranked without that much trouble so it may not be that bad. Still, the room seems to be full now. Maybe if I see someone leave I'll join then.

Also, that sucks to hear =/

malfcn

Just got AE.

Deleted all the Marketplace content because I thought it was on the disc. Now it is telling me I can't see some outfits because I don't have them.

Really?! Weak!!

Do I have to download both Ultra Costume Catalog 1 + Ultra Costume Catalog 2? Or is at least one on the disc? I wanted to optimize HDD space and thought they would have been included in the pressing.

zlatko

Banned
Rice-Eater said:
Nobody cares if you suck, but some of the regulars are a bit touchy about non-North Americans because the matches can get really laggy. But since you're a GAF'er I think it's ok. I just left the room because Seph is kicking everybody's ass with his 1-2 bar connection from Hawaii. Dude still manages to uppercut my jump ins and hit 1 frame links in that condition, I don't know how he does it.

EDIT: And something very mysterious happens. My Xbox stopped reading my copy of SSF4, I pull it out and I see a big scratch that circles around the disc. I continue trying to play it but it's not working. I guess this means I'll have to buy another copy :(

Try installing the disc to your HDD, and run it from that. Should save you some money.

MacDee

Neo Member
Going to try and get back into playing SF4 online again. Quick question before I pick up SSF4AE: which is the dominant system right now? I have a TE for 360 and PS3 so don't care which, just looking for the most audience.

MacDee said:
Going to try and get back into playing SF4 online again. Quick question before I pick up SSF4AE: which is the dominant system right now? I have a TE for 360 and PS3 so don't care which, just looking for the most audience.
XBL has a larger player base.

Axis

SolarKnight said:
GGs to the people I got to play tonight. Playing Greg just definitely proved that I know way too little about the Vega matchup.

playing greg proves you don't know how to play underwater

AZ Greg

eissan said:
this! his herpaderp coconut connection is really the only reason anyone loses to greg :p.

just kidding buddy :)

Well, the only reason anyone loses to you is because... oh never mind, nobody loses to you :p.

just kidding buddy :)

Edgeward

So a new warrior has entered Evo

https://twitter.com/#!/MarkMan23/status/87396554201243648

Dat Kayopolice gonna put some people on notice, can't wait.

Axis said:
playing greg proves you don't know how to play underwater

Or the opposite since it didn't feel much different to me XD

A bit more seriously now, I've lost to pretty much every single Vega these days redargless of connection, so it's not just him >__>

zlatko said:
Try installing the disc to your HDD, and run it from that. Should save you some money.

I actually meant to do this when I first got the game and the xbox back in December, but just forgot and never did it. I'm doing it right now, wish me luck.

EDIT: Damn, no luck. I may have to buy disc AE after all. I was planning on doing this already, but not so soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom