• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlai

Professor Beef said:
The word "Brotherhood" tacked into anything always sounds evil. You can't have expected any sort of harmony amongst the punches, did you?

FIXED:

What happened to the Makoto Herp Derp Alliance :(

Axis

Rice-Eater said:
I actually meant to do this when I first got the game and the xbox back in December, but just forgot and never did it. I'm doing it right now, wish me luck.

EDIT: Damn, no luck. I may have to buy disc AE after all. I was planning on doing this already, but not so soon.

easier fix: this happened to me in the past as well...buy a tube of toothpaste(the literal plain kind...colgate, generally...no scrubbing bubbles or whatever the fuck they put in it...just the plain white shit) use a cloth to apply a small amount of water to the surface of the disc and apply a THIN layer of toothpaste to the disc...use the cloth to wipe it off and reapply a small amount of water and dry it off with a dry cloth this time...then install and profit

it made my super disc last 7 months longer than it should have :)

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Edgeward said:
So a new warrior has entered Evo

https://twitter.com/#!/MarkMan23/status/87396554201243648

Dat Kayopolice gonna put some people on notice, can't wait.
Hmmm, now I need to go to Vegas to get an autograph.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Conceited said:
Mike Ross and Gootecks doing commentary on a Hong Kong vs Singapore 16v16

http://www.justin.tv/sgfighter

Man, this is the first time I've heard Zhi do commentary. He is really, really good. I hope to see him on the mics at many future events. Well worth watching if there's no streams this weekend

http://www.justin.tv/sgfighter/b/289375195
Pre-game commentary where Mike Ross eats 3/4 of a pizza by himself, Zhi confuses Obama/Osama, discussion about why USA doesn't respect non-Japan competitors, Xian's mysterious Koala bear crotch pouch

http://www.justin.tv/sgfighter/b/289380503
16 v 16

Mœbius

Aruarian Reflection said:
Man, this is the first time I've heard Zhi do commentary. He is really, really good. I hope to see him on the mics at many future events. Well worth watching if there's no streams this weekend
Yeah Zhi is incredibly knowledgeable about the game and an all-round interesting guy.

Btw I took some pics at the Taiwan Evo qualifier which I may post later when I transfer the pics to my PC; they're just iPhone pics so not that great. Zerp took some pics with a proper camera but he doesn't have a GAF account.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
odd_morsel said:
I understand Makoto is pretty vicious now, but as I've heard several times on stream, a characters real tier is decided on how they fair against the twins. How is Makoto vs Yun and Yang, and Fei for that matter? Does she have the tools to put up with the frame traps, mix ups and all the other evil doings of the Hong Kong killers?

I think she has the tools to deal with their pressure reasonably well. She might not have a great GTFO move, but there's a risk/reward game that goes on there that a lot of characters don't have. Plus she can screw their wakeup harder than a lot of characters can.

That's on paper, though. In practice, I still feel like I'm going uphill when I fight the twins. I feel more comfortable with fighting them than I did a week ago, though. Hopefully the next time I fight rbrogue's Yun I won't get rocked so hard.

Anyway, I dunno that I'd recommend Makoto though. She's not the hardest character to play, but she's not that easy either.

Speaking of Makoto vs the twins, dat HP oroshi vortex.

Vice

Anyone on XBL want to run some games with me in the future? I don't know many players in town and want to level my game up. Gamertag is javelin fangz7.

USD

A few random Shadowloo Showdown pics stolen from Tokido.

Jeff perfecting his Koboku technique
09HOF.png

Tokido fattening up
GlUp4.png

Poongko
DXSX4.png

Soon I'll be forced to take a break from SSF4 AE Online. Moving to a different place for 2 months and basically there is only 3G cellphone internet available for me so not going to be playing online for awhile. Also I won't be able to upload a lot videos so you won't have enjoyment of ignoring them for couple of months.

Any tips how to keep the training mode interesting?

Rocky_Balboa said:
Soon I'll be forced to take a break from SSF4 AE Online. Moving to a different place for 2 months and basically there is only 3G cellphone internet available for me so not going to be playing online for awhile. Also I won't be able to upload a lot videos so you won't have enjoyment of ignoring them for couple of months.

Bump a custom soundtrack, turn on random block, and work on them hit confirms.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Rocky_Balboa said:

random block, random counter hit

the_log_ride said:
Anybody watch the HK vs Singapore matches? I made it to when Xian was dominating. What was the final score?

I fell asleep once the guy after Xian (Leslie?) started to get going. I woke up and I heard singapore won, but i dont remember the final score :(

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Hmm, Fei got a decent amount of buffs, right? I don't know what they are, specifically, but I was playing online for a bit last night and was doing fairly well - until the guy I was playing picked Fei Long and won like 7 or 8 straight until I got my shit together.

A lot of those matches were really really close, too, so I felt those Dhalsim damage nerfs pretty badly, lol.

Satyamdas

Banned
Rentahamster said:
Hmm, Fei got a decent amount of buffs, right? I don't know what they are, specifically, but I was playing online for a bit last night and was doing fairly well - until the guy I was playing picked Fei Long and won like 7 or 8 straight until I got my shit together.

A lot of those matches were really really close, too, so I felt those Dhalsim damage nerfs pretty badly, lol.
Nah, Fei got a few buffs but he is largely unchanged. Biggest thing is he can combo into sweep now, and his EX Rekkas are safe after 2 reps. He lost invincibility on HK Chicken Wing startup, though. Fei/Sim is just a nightmare match up. Like most characters, he can just go to town on you and doesn't have to fear any reversal or big damaging attacks.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Satyamdas said:
Nah, Fei got a few buffs but he is largely unchanged. Biggest thing is he can combo into sweep now, and his EX Rekkas are safe after 2 reps. He lost invincibility on HK Chicken Wing startup, though. Fei/Sim is just a nightmare match up. Like most characters, he can just go to town on you and doesn't have to fear any reversal or big damaging attacks.
Yeah, the Fei/Sim matchup looks pretty bad on paper, but I never encountered anyone last year who used Fei and gave me problems. Perhaps that was because hardly anyone used him back then, hehe.

Ichabod

Banned
jlai said:
FIXED:

What happened to the Makoto Herp Derp Alliance :(

I'm still here. I'm still standing. I'm still strong.

I've been playing around with the old kara-kara a bunch lately and I've found I can get it to come out much more consistently when I piano from lk->mk->hk while doing the motion. It also seems to help by ending with my stick in an up-back position. I haven't given up on the new kara, though. When I can tick into it, its nasty.

_dementia said:
Liking that fat Vanilla damage?

I believe log ride plays Dhalsim so he wouldn't benefit too much by going back. I on the other hand main'd Ryu. I should go back and relive some of the glory days like Super trap and trade ultra.

Speaking of the return of Dhalsim players, what ever happened to MicVlad?

_dementia said:
Liking that fat Vanilla damage?

God yes.

Vanilla Rufus is so beastly.
4Cxbdl.jpg

And I love how the screen doesn't change when the other person quits...

True, Rice. I play 'Sim, but I'm doing a bit of soul searching right now. It's still fun to see how much things have changed since Vanilla

edit2: Oh yeah, tried some Ryu of course (my long time 2ndary) and trade ultra was so hilarious. And 1 hit SRK, how I've missed you.

Morris

Disco Devil
There's still people playing Vanilla? Da fuck....

Tonight was a good night at SFIV for me, was hitting 1 framers all day, played a gdlk Fei on endless, and i'm definitely getting better with Yun...

P.S.: Whoever says Yun is mad easy to play is lying :C

And actually Vanilla Dhalsim has some improvements over AE 'Sim:
More dmg from st.HP, headbutt (b+HP), b+LK, B+MK, B+HK, EX Flame, and Yoga Inferno.
Plus the 3 frame far st.LK

And I can swear that st.HP reaches a touch further here. I might be wrong on that, though.

the_log_ride said:
More dmg from st.HP, headbutt (b+HP), b+LK, B+MK, B+HK, EX Flame, and Yoga Inferno.

And I can swear that st.HP reaches a touch further here. I might be wrong on that, though.

you're right

Satyamdas

Banned
the_log_ride said:

St. LK has been 7 frames from vanilla to AE. In AE they added a frame of recovery. Startup is the same.

And yeah st. HP reached farther in vanilla, but at the same time EX Fires didn't go fullscreen. I'd take vanilla Sim over AE Sim any day. :*(

Satyamdas said:
St. LK has been 7 frames from vanilla to AE. In AE they added a frame of recovery. Startup is the same.

And yeah st. HP reached farther in vanilla, but at the same time EX Fires didn't go fullscreen. I'd take vanilla Sim over AE Sim any day. :*(

That's what I meant, but somehow it came out as being a 3 framer. Man, AE's got me fucked up, wishing he had a 3 frame light attack :(

that also links to his other normals

and also fires combo after B+LK and MK

Imm0rt4l

Morro! said:
There's still people playing Vanilla? Da fuck....

Tonight was a good night at SFIV for me, was hitting 1 framers all day, played a gdlk Fei on endless, and i'm definitely getting better with Yun...

P.S.: Whoever says Yun is mad easy to play is lying :C

I think this is why I'm seeing fewer and fewer ones out there.

Update on my situation. Well my SSF4 disc is fucked, after trying some of the suggestions, nothing worked. So I figure I'll just buy AE, then I remembered something. This is kind of embarrassing but I'll just admit it. The morning when I stayed up to buy AE, I accidentally purchased the downloadable version of SSF4. I felt like a moron but just kept it to myself and never actually downloaded the game. So fast forward to last night, my SSF4 disc won't work. So I remember the digital version, download it, download the update and voila I have AE again and this time it on my hard drive.

Wow, who knew that idiocy because I was in a rush would come back to benefit me. Now I don't have to get off my ass to go to the store to buy AE or a used version of SSF4. The money was already spent and gone, so although I did spend $30, I feel like I still saved money as stupid as that sounds.

But anyways, next up is AE for PC. I hope my shitty 9500GT can run it well enough. I am planning on upgrading my video card, but I would also need a new power supply. And I don't really want to spend money until after EVO so I'm hoping my 9500GT can get the job done for now. I hear that AE PC is more optimized then Vanilla PC, I use to play Vanilla at 1024x768 back in the day. So if I can get to run smoothly at 1280x720 then that would be great.

Professor Beef said:
I wonder if the PC modders would be able to let people choose between all three versions of characters eventually?

Or at least turn off the stink lines emanating from Oni and E.Ryu; they look better with them off

the_log_ride said:
Or at least turn off the stink lines emanating from Oni and E.Ryu; they look better with them off
Maybe you and other people are too busy ogling their rippling pectorals, but I don't really care about stink lines when I'm trying to beat a scrub.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Professor Beef said:
Maybe you and other people are too busy ogling their rippling pectorals, but I don't really care about stink lines when I'm trying to beat a scrub.

shit, ninja! let's get this beef poppin! what's yo xbl GT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom