• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Threi

notag
did they add audio samples for the PC version? There are a lot of things i've never heard deejay say before in the xbox version.

Threi said:
did they add audio samples for the PC version? There are a lot of things i've never heard deejay say before in the xbox version.
Probably from his Rival Battle in Arcade mode.

I wish they showed him doing a headstomp or devil's reverse.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Wake UP good for nothing us-gaf. I want screenshots of AE running max usin 4xSGSSAA

stat.

Corky

Rice-Eater said:
I got a 9500GT, which should get me 1024x768 with medium settings. Is that hot enough for you?

Well, that's like console settings :(:( I don't like you.

Corky

Professor Beef said:
Just because you have Sagat as your avatar does not make you the KING.

As long as T.hawk has to bow to him, it makes him the king in my eyes.
Kneel before your bad match-up.

SamVimes

So GAF, i bought some sanwa buttons to mod my stick but i screwed up and instead of 30mms mine are 24mms, assuming i have to make a new plate (it's that how it's called? the cover anyway) for other reasons so i can make the new holes 24 mms large is there any problem playing with smaller buttons?
Consider also that i have thin fingers (they say i have piano hands).

SamVimes said:
So GAF, i bought some sanwa buttons to mod my stick but i screwed up and instead of 30mms mine are 24mms, assuming i have to make a new plate (it's that how it's called? the cover anyway) for other reasons so i can make the new holes 24 mms large is there any problem playing with smaller buttons?
Consider also that i have thin fingers (they say i have piano hands).
If you're comfortable, go with it. I've seen hitboxes will all 24mm buttons.

I'm gonna see if I can't steal an interview with Skill at EVO for Neogaf, anyone have questions? I'll try to ask the good ones. I already have a few unusual ones.

God's Beard said:
I'm gonna see if I can't steal an interview with Skill at EVO for Neogaf, anyone have questions? I'll try to ask the good ones. I already have a few unusual ones.
Ask him if AE is the end of SF4

Mœbius

God's Beard said:

- If he wasn't in his current position, would he still be playing competitively? When he plays these days, who is his main training partner / opponent?

- Given his unique play style (crossed-hands) what is his favourite stick (and stick layout), barring the current popular ones like the TE (i.e. what's his old favourite he uses at home)?

- How does he think fighting games can approach the levels of StarCraft and FPS e-sports in terms of sponsorship opportunities from major manufacturers, player sponsorships, and viewer size? How much can Capcom contribute to making it a bigger thing (in terms of making deals to entice sponsors into the scene to help bring more money and better player sponsorships to the table); is this even something they are interested in? What are the problems with it and how can the community work with Capcom to make it happen so that the top players become genuine professionals paid a salary and with all expenses covered like their RTS and FPS counterparts?

- What were his thoughts on the exhibition match between F.Champ and Daigo at NCR - was the difference between Sim/Ryu and Sim/Yun as he and the team expected or wished for?

- Are Capcom looking into and actively trying to resolve the legal issues with Strider? (Not-so-subtle attempt at character confirmation there, lol.)

- What's his favourite FGC phrase / slang?

- Who would win in a drinking competition - Daigo, Justin, or him?

- Does Ono actually main Blanka?

...I'll edit and add more if I think of any.

zlatko

Banned
Fuck my Yang is ass. I don't know how I get wins sometimes. I try to play footsies, do mix ups, punishes, etc you know the usual stuff. That usually goes my way, but two things completely blow me up:

1) I just don't have execution. This is why I mained Abel in SSF4, is because even without knowing his 1 frame link stuff, the rest of his combos were mad easy. Yang, while definitely not the hardest in the combo department, still isn't a character I can do combos with consistently online. I'd say like 6/10 times I can do crouch jab stand jab stand jab, crouching medium, into mantis slashes, but for those 4 times I mess up I'm eating big ass damage since people mash online. Which brings me to...

2) When I do try to set up mix ups on someone who turtles up a bit, I get blown up from just shit being mashed. Example: I dive kick, and do two crouch jabs, then proceed to dive kick again. This time when they block the dive, I go for ex command grab, but they either mash a jab or shoryuken through it. I've even got normal thrown through it. I thought ex command grabs in this game were invincible to normals like jabs and shorts, as well as normal throws---I get mashing shoryu should beat it out though.

I'm also curious if anyone knows why when I get knocked down, a person jumps in to do some kind of mix up/combo string... why I can't always just ex dash out of the situation. I mean I get I can get normal thrown out of that, but I've had numerous times where I do the ex dash and someone who was just doing w/e normals slaps me wasting my 1 meter before I can even move. Is this lag issues ?

Edit: Oh before I forget. Yang has no nipples. If you pick alternate costume 1 color 10, he is shirtless but lacks nips. I <3 Yang alternate 2 colors and the outfit. I think color 8 is the 100% dark emo look xD perfect for trolling.

rivals

zlatko said:
Fuck my Yang is ass. I don't know how I get wins sometimes. I try to play footsies, do mix ups, punishes, etc you know the usual stuff. That usually goes my way, but two things completely blow me up:

Yang's dive kick is not good enough to do dive kick shenanigans with. You will get blown up. Use his other tools for opening up defensive chars.

LakeEarth

There's this awesome 50:50 Yang mixup after a mantis slash FADC that will get a lot of people:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ja2hs_PIN8o&t=1m35s

Here after the relaunch he goes for a cross-up, but you can dive kick and hit them in the front. Gets a lot of people, you just don't have enough time to react he goes dive kick or not. I would suggest incorporating it into any Yang's game.

Satyamdas

Banned
LakeEarth said:
There's this awesome 50:50 Yang mixup after a mantis slash FADC that will get a lot of people:

Here after the relaunch he goes for a cross-up, but you can dive kick and hit them in the front. Gets a lot of people, you just don't have enough time to react he goes dive kick or not. I would suggest incorporating it into any Yang's game.
fLoE hit me with that shit the day AE released on console. Soooooo dirty. :mad:

Imm0rt4l

LakeEarth said:

I've been tagged by that, wasn't a pleasant experience.

zlatko

Banned
LakeEarth said:

This is one of those things that works on smart players more than it does Xbox Live. On Live during this the guy will A) mash a reversal or B) try to jump. I think maybe my bigger problem isn't doing something like this, but more so getting to open them up to set up my combos. :(

LakeEarth

zlatko said:
This is one of those things that works on smart players more than it does Xbox Live. On Live during this the guy will A) mash a reversal or B) try to jump. I think maybe my bigger problem isn't doing something like this, but more so getting to open them up to set up my combos. :(
I'm not sure, if you cross up wouldn't most reversals whiff?

zlatko

Banned
LakeEarth said:
I'm not sure, if you cross up wouldn't most reversals whiff?

Oh yeah, but now the situation is reset in his favor when we hit the ground. Will he reversal me again, or will he do something else? I hate when I go to cross someone up and this happens. 2 rounds is just not enough time to know how often someone will or will not want to mash shoryuken. :(

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
rivals said:
Yang's dive kick is not good enough to do dive kick shenanigans with. You will get blown up. Use his other tools for opening up defensive chars.

This. I've been playing Yang for a little while now and his dive kick is probably the worst of the dive kick characters. It's easy to punish and isn't as ambiguous as Yuns. He has other tools that are better suited for offense.

I'm home early so I can get a lobby going now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom