• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Corky said:
Soooo...? Any pc-impressions?

All good so far, looks great but seems to be a little more taxing on my machine than vanilla is. Still nothing any decent modern PC can't handle, no impressions of online yet.

vulva

cackhyena said:
It isn't as good as Yun's, but doesn't his dive kick have the most hit stun? Maybe I'm wrong.
isn't it +1 on block?

edit; or plus something more than yun's. I can't remember

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Conceited said:
All good so far, looks great but seems to be a little more taxing on my machine than vanilla is. Still nothing any decent modern PC can't handle, no impressions of online yet.

cool man, hit us up when you got more. Very interested to see how the net-code is.

_dementia said:
Anyone pick up the new DLC outfits yet?
They aren't on xbl yet from what I can see. Been waiting for them.

Really wish we were getting the 15$ pack on consoles but I asked Sven on the capcom boards and his response was.

"For now this structure is only for PC where we had the ability to rethink the dlc structure without fear of braking the dlc for prior iterations. We have no plans to bring it to consoles."

*sigh*

I have spent so much on alt's and I don't mind, but that hurts. I've easily paid three times that amount and still don't own them all.

rivals

cackhyena said:
It isn't as good as Yun's, but doesn't his dive kick have the most hit stun? Maybe I'm wrong.

I think you're right but it's just not that useful because the minimum height is pretty high and it's slow as shit.

I agree with Kadey though. I don't know how it stacks up against Cammy's but I definitely think it's worse than Rufus' and Yun's.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Ran into Wolfkrone in ranked yesterday. Won the first round pretty hard. Like with 90 seconds left on the clock or something. Then the next round was starting and I was a thinkin' "k he's probably gonna adapt so I should go ahead and adjust my gameplan." Dunno if that was a good idea or not. Either way, I got shut down pretty hard the next 2 rounds. I didn't even lose because he was going crazy with pressure and taking advantage of Makoto's poor reversals, because he wasn't. I lost because he just completely shut me down with smart spacing. That might be the best way for Viper to fight Makoto if the Viper is good enough at that kind of thing.

Dude's smart. Once you get the execution down, Viper's one of the easiest characters to go on autopilot and win with. You can just do a bunch of shit without really thinking about it and beat a lot of people because Viper's kinda one of those characters that you have to fight with a different mindset, like Gief. Krone's the opposite of an autopilot Viper though. His Viper's really not that flashy either, but what he lacks in style (which by itself is useless anyway) he makes up for in doing really smart stuff.

Anyway, for some reason I have this feeling that there's a Doug Funny-esque story behind his gamertag.

TheOGB

Banned
Conceited said:
I heard from one of my friends that there's no option for windowed mode, only fullscreen. Is this true?

I'm pretty sure he pirated it :p

So the game is only available on Direct2Drive, Steam and hard copy (ie Capcom store, Amazon or Gamestop)?

Anyone knows when the game is being released on Games 4 Windows?

xero273

anyone get the AE to work with hrap3 on PC? PC sees the controller as arcade stick but nothing. I have switch stick to 360 mode to get it to work.

xero273 said:
anyone get the AE to work with hrap3 on PC? PC sees the controller as arcade stick but nothing. I have switch stick to 360 mode to get it to work.

I have a similar problem. The buttons on my HRAP3 work, but the lever doesn't.

Corky

Hmmphh... people on SRK are talking about the pc-version having somekind of framerate issues depending on which "framerate : " option you use ( "smooth"/"fixed" ).

Sigh... I REALLY need the pc-version to play E X A C T L Y like the console version or else I've gotta stick with my stupid life-support SF4 machine/xbox.

comrade

God's Beard said:
I have a similar problem. The buttons on my HRAP3 work, but the lever doesn't.
The fix for the TE is to switch the toggle switch from d-pad to left stick. The hrap doesn't have that toggle switch so might need a patch.

xero273

comrade said:
The fix for the TE is to switch the toggle switch from d-pad to left stick. The hrap doesn't have that toggle switch so might need a patch.

i think hrap has that. it's next to the turbo button. switch says d, l, r in that order

comrade

Corky said:
Hmmphh... people on SRK are talking about the pc-version having somekind of framerate issues depending on which "framerate : " option you use ( "smooth"/"fixed" ).

Sigh... I REALLY need the pc-version to play E X A C T L Y like the console version or else I've gotta stick with my stupid life-support SF4 machine/xbox.
You have to use fixed. The problem is if your PC can't run it at a fixed 60 FPS the animations look jerky. Luckily the timing for links stays the same.

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
Am I crazy to even slightly think their might be a possibility pc A.E. will be part of the steam sale. I already have it for live. Can't hurt to wait till the sale is over right. Steam sale ends on the 10th.

Corky

comrade said:
Luckily the timing for links stays the same.

This might sound stupid, but are we talking about 1:1 "the same" ? Also what does fixed framerate actually entail? The reason I'm a bit paranoid is that playing SF4 on pc didn't feel like playing it on 360 at all.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Oh god, just watched the F.Champ vs Daigo matches.

http://iplaywinner.com/news/2011/6/20/ncr9-filipino-champ-vs-daigo-umehara-mcz-concept-matches.html

The Ryu/Sim matchup was pretty much how that matchup goes, but holy fucking shit at Yun/Sim.

I haven't met too many good Yuns online yet, so I haven't experienced the total devastation that I've been expecting, but goddamn if Sim don't have a lot of good ways to deal with that pressure.

That's exactly what I needed: damage nerfs and TWO more characters with dive kicks :lol

I will overcome!

comrade

Corky said:
This might sound stupid, but are we talking about 1:1 "the same" ? Also what does fixed framerate actually entail? The reason I'm a bit paranoid is that playing SF4 on pc didn't feel like playing it on 360 at all.
Fixed framerate locks your framerate to 60. If your PC can't run the game at 60 it drops frames of animation to make-up for it but doesnt create lag online. If you use smooth it displays all frames of animation but if your PC can't run it at 60 it creates sync/lag issues. Keep in mind this is what I've gathered from different forums.

Corky

comrade said:
Fixed framerate locks your framerate to 60. If your PC can't run the game at 60 it drops frames of animation to make-up for it but doesnt create lag online. If you use smooth it displays all frames of animation but if your PC can't run it at 60 it creates sync/lag issues. Keep in mind this is what I've gathered from different forums.

Thanks mate, from what I've gathered sf4 is very easy to run. My laptop is barely mid-range and it manages to keep sf4 @max settings@1080p 60fps+, I just hope it "feels" right this time. Because something was definitely up with my copy of vanilla.

MightyKAC said:
Are we gonna have ranbats for PC AE?

Depends on how many people can be rounded up for it. Per the OP for GAFBats Rd2:

AkumaHokoru said:
Dunno how many people would be getting it for PC so as of right now they get nothing...if enough noise is made though...mebbe?

Rentahamster said:
Oh god, just watched the F.Champ vs Daigo matches.

http://iplaywinner.com/news/2011/6/20/ncr9-filipino-champ-vs-daigo-umehara-mcz-concept-matches.html

The Ryu/Sim matchup was pretty much how that matchup goes, but holy fucking shit at Yun/Sim.

I haven't met too many good Yuns online yet, so I haven't experienced the total devastation that I've been expecting, but goddamn if Sim don't have a lot of good ways to deal with that pressure.

That's exactly what I needed: damage nerfs and TWO more characters with dive kicks :lol

I will overcome!

More power to you, my friend. It's super tough. I had a long set with a random decent Yun player yesterday and I had to fight tooth and nail for each win I got. I'm so concerned with keeping him out that I find myself throwing out limbs even more often that usual, trying get some psychic stuffs out. Drills and mummies do well to knock out Yuns who take to the air often, so it's usually how I land super against them.

One positive to this matchup is that it makes his other ones seem a little better, just because fighting Yun can be hell.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
the_log_ride said:
More power to you my friend. It's super tough. I had a long set with a random decent Yun player yesterday and I had to fight tooth and nail for each win I got. I'm so concerned with keeping him out that I find myself throwing out limbs even more often that usual, trying get some psychic stuffs out. Drills and mummies do well to knock out Yuns who take to the air often, so it's usually how I land super against them.

One positive to this matchup is that it makes his other ones seem a little better, just because fighting Yun can be hell.
Yeah, lol, Rufus don't seem that bad anymore!

I'll have to try to incorporate mummy a little more into my game. Saty mentioned that a while back, but I keep forgetting to try it out.

I just got my original hard drive back from my old Xbox, so I'll be logging into my actual XBL account sometime soon, heh heh heh.

N4Us

Professor Beef said:
This article is more than a year old. I think I read it back when I was lurking here.

My bad, didn't notice the date till now. I saw it posted elsewhere today and thought it was recent.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Been watching some past vids to see what I've missed, I was kinda surprised at Sako coming over to play. I thought his thing was that he's kinda reclusive and only plays online since he lives in the boonies or something? Well, it's good that he has sponsorship now to bring his game overseas.

Also, looking at the Team Hori lineup, it has Warahk on it. Isn't that the guy who ragequit against Buktooth at a tournament?

BigFwoosh

How is AE for newcomers? I bought vanilla 4 after it went on sale when Super was announced, but I didn't play it much. Would I get completely bodied online, or are there other scrubs like me?

BigFwoosh said:
How is AE for newcomers? I bought vanilla 4 after it went on sale when Super was announced, but I didn't play it much. Would I get completely bodied online, or are there other scrubs like me?

You will get bodied.

BigFwoosh said:
There definitely are lower-level players out there, you just have to actively seek them out.
Playing randoms, especially in Ranked, will be rough.

Imm0rt4l

I wonder when we can expect someone to make a matchup list for the new characters. Right now I'd say Gouken Yun is at least 7-3. Cammy was 7-3 in ssf4, the twins are worse not only because of their divekicks, but they have command grabs. Gouken much like sim has little way of getting out. escape tatsu is a nono, and ex demonflip just puts you back at square 1 which is where you don't want to be. ex tatsu is easy to bait and even if you do get an opening to reversal it, it whiffs on crouching characters anyways. I played a solid Yun today, couldn't beat him with gouken, so I switched off to my Dudley which isn't that solid as of late(been playing too much Yun) and I won. I also beat the dude in a mirror match. Looks like it's going to be strictly counter picking from here on out, fuck that honor bullshit.

Bullcat getting beasted on by kazunoko

This is the reason Desora switches to makoto against the twins.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
God I hate Oni. I mean, as far as his moves and playstyle go, I think he's really interesting, but I hate everything else about him. I hate his stupid hair and the stupid glowy aura around him. I hate his gravely voice. And I hate his music. Oh God the music. Every time I see Oni on my screen I can't help but think about how much I hate all that shit.

BigFwoosh

_dementia said:
There definitely are lower-level players out there, you just have to actively seek them out.
Playing randoms, especially in Ranked, will be rough.
That doesn't sound too promising... maybe I'll wait till it's on sale.

Imm0rt4l

Lost Fragment said:
God I hate Oni. I mean, as far as his moves and playstyle go, I think he's really interesting, but I hate everything else about him. I hate his stupid hair and the stupid glowy aura around him. I hate his gravely voice. And I hate his music. Oh God the music. Every time I see Oni on my screen I can't help but think about how much I hate all that shit.
I hate that his name is Oni, how do you go from Akuma to Oni? They should just change his name to Akuma and call the original Gouki.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom