• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

XenoRaven

GhostRidah said:
D3DOverrider
So that works for sure? From what I was reading it doesn't work for every game. I'd be very happy if it worked for AE.

I've never used it before, but I'm really sick of having to choose between awful screen tearing and game breaking lag. Can't wait to check it out.

XenoRaven said:
So that works for sure? From what I was reading it doesn't work for every game. I'd be very happy if it worked for AE.

I've never used it before, but I'm really sick of having to choose between awful screen tearing and game breaking lag. Can't wait to check it out.
Yea it is working for me, I turned off vsync in game and have it running flawlessly

Hey SF gaf wwwuussuupp? I finally went to a tourney after having a gaming layoff that last for 5 months or so. Looking to get back in teh swing of things. I got 3rd in AE and 4th in Marvel(I uhh....got straight bodied in my recorded marvel match LOL), now that cammy's a different character in AE I've started using Viper and Fei. I'm looking to get some tips/comments etc. from my two top 4 matches :

TWG Arthur (Honda) vs FindMyFarms (Viper)

and

Ark Xi (Akuma) vs FindMyFarms (Fei Long)

I think over the past couple of months the majority of fighting game population has gotten really educated with the game due to the multitude of streams (also became expert stream monsters lolz) so what should I work on? Lookin for outside opinions

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Finally got to fight more Yuns online tonight.

Beat up the crappy ones.

Did okay against the mediocre ones.

Didn't do so well against a decent one.

Got destroyed by a good one.

Egads. I gotta do some testing to find out what is and isn't punishable.

Hi Farms!

Lost Fragment said:
So where are the holes in Guy's blockstrings? Whenever I play a good Guy I get fucked up trying to figure out how I'm supposed to escape his pressure. I'm guessing he's at least at negative frames after he cancels whatever into run/stop right?

Guy's run stop pressure is usually ineffective against characters with 3 frame jabs or shorts--most of the time.

But I don't play this game that much anymore or follow the frame data. His command elbow drop feels a lot more safe to me, there are certain situations and characters that I can even combo off of it easier.

Those in Europe, you can play AE on your pc if you launch from the exe in the game folder.

Only issue being that you can't play online. Even though Steam have given out a CD key, GFWL doesn't seem to want to accept it.

Looks nice, very nice.

Edit: What is more peculiar is the fact that the game was available to be pre-loaded earlier this afternoon, something which I took advantage of.

Corky tried to pre-load the game and it appears that option has been taken away. Very strange.

USD

KidA Seven said:
AE Nico Nico Stream Battle 7-23-11...

Interesting.
black_vegeta said:
Any roster lineup info yet?
NSB announced the tourney a few weeks ago, but I've been to lazy to post information.

http://nsb.blog.shinobi.jp/Entry/289/ (Japanese)

NSB × NSB (Niconico Stream Battle cross Nagoya Street Battle) is a PS3 online singles tournament. Single-elimination, best-of-3 matches. One interesting rule is that all players have a registered first character; each player must play that character in the first game of a match. Only if the player then loses are they allowed to switch a different character.

Related to the event is GODSGARDEN #4. 16 players will participate in the main tournament, 4 to be selected by a qualifier right before the main tourney. In past GODSGARDEN tournaments, all of the other 12 would be decided a fan vote. The winner of Niconico Stream Battle, however, will be chosen as one of the 12.

SamVimes

Heavy's Sandvich said:
Those in Europe, you can play AE on your pc if you launch from the exe in the game folder.

Only issue being that you can't play online. Even though Steam have given out a CD key, GFWL doesn't seem to want to accept it.

Looks nice, very nice.

Edit: What is more peculiar is the fact that the game was available to be pre-loaded earlier this afternoon, something which I took advantage of.

Corky tried to pre-load the game and it appears that option has been taken away. Very strange.
I don't even see the cd-key and strangely enough during the last hour the download was still going but it said 0 kb/s.

Threi

notag
Conceited said:
There is a Deejay with a 40 game winstreak going on at PeacefulJay, welcome to Arcade Edition I guess, heh.
sucks doesn't it...hopefully he gets nerfed in the next version.

Hatrify is a very good player.

SamVimes said:
I don't even see the cd-key and strangely enough during the last hour the download was still going but it said 0 kb/s.

If you have your steam library set to detail view, it's on the right hand side, under the headings "Link"

I'm up and I need more chums to play with. Can't seem to find a single game online.

zlatko

Banned
The one thing about Dee Jay I've noticed as a Yang player here in AE is that his jump fierce is god damn ridiculous. I played like 10+ straight against a guy who was insanely good with his Dee Jay, and I finally took 1 round to just test each of my jump air to air buttons against him, and I think the only one that cleanly would trade was my jump jab with Yang, although a few others traded in different spacings, but it always traded in his favor.

I try to not jump often to begin with, but against Dee Jay now I NEVER jump. That shit will blow you up.

Conceited said:
Guard Crush again tomorrow, this time singles, been a serious Guard Crush overload lately. No complaints here though.
This is how GC works now.

We alternate every week between teams and singles. I told mike to change the name for the team week so we dont burn out gc...but then again...nyc finally has a weekly tourney so -shrug-

Threi said:
he is SEVERELY underrated in the "annoying" department.

I'm working on my day 3 Dee Jay..I approach him as a charge version of ryu, I like to zone with air slasher and I'll abuse the hell out of knee shot if the opponent can't cope with it.

What's your bnb?

Aside from j.mk cr.lp x3 cr.mk? J.mk cr.lp cr.mp ex machine gun upper (followed by ex upkick in the corner)?

(sorry, still don't know the correct notations off the top of my head)

Threi

notag
i don't really have a real bnb with deejay, its always situational. Without having to read anything below though, his most efficient (not damaging, but efficient) punishes are c.mp (or c.lp if you need quicker startup) xx hp MGU (no meter), ex mgu > mk upkicks (1 meter), ex mgu > ex sobat (2 meters). Basically, the same stuff you have seen every deejay do since day one.

But for the most part c.lp x2 xx ex mgu is what i go to after a crossup. Using c.mp instead of c.lp doesn't really change anything since ex mgu will scale anyways. I personally always use st. lp coming off a knee shot, because it starts up a frame quicker, so its slightly harder to reversal. For a knee shot that hits i usually go knee shot > st.lp > cr.lp > ....
here depending on the situation i may go c.lk xx lk sobat, c.mp xx mk sobat, c.mp xx hp air slasher. Depends on the opponent. If their defense is bad take the knockdown and go into another mixup. If their footsies aren't great/they play overagressive keep them on their feet with mk sobat. You will have 3/4 charge (if you charge properly) to react to whatever they do next. If they have good defense/footsies end with a fireball to get as much frame advantage as you can.

c.lk > c.lp > c.mk string is something don't use too often anymore, on the ground i would nowadays rather opt for either c.lk > c.lp > c.lk xx lk sobat or c.lk > c.lp > c.mp xx mk sobat.

His technically most damaging punish (outside of using full super) is c.mp xx hp sobat FADC st.mk > c.lp > c.mp xx hp sobat. But its only 30 more damage for a pretty tight link that's easy to mess up. c.mp xx ex mgu > ex sobat is much easier to do and is nearly the same damage.

in the corner ex mgu > mk upkicks > mk upkicks is the way to go. Does a surprisingly large amount of damage in AE now. ex mgu > ex upkicks is a huge waste of meter, as it gets scaled horribly.

but overall i've kinda strayed from using combos, I tend to play more of a poke/footsie game with him now. If i had any advice i would give to a deejay player, its to keep things as simple as possible. Going fancy will mess you up.

SamVimes

Heavy's Sandvich said:
If you have your steam library set to detail view, it's on the right hand side, under the headings "Link"

I'm up and I need more chums to play with. Can't seem to find a single game online.
Ok, add Tensai1411 on steam and we can get some game going. :D

zlatko

Banned
AkumaHokoru said:
This is how GC works now.

We alternate every week between teams and singles. I told mike to change the name for the team week so we dont burn out gc...but then again...nyc finally has a weekly tourney so -shrug-

Is Guard Crush today or tomorrow? ETA ?

AZ Greg

FindMyFarms said:
now that cammy's a different character in AE I've started using Viper and Fei.

Ovary_punch.gif

USD

Updated my earlier post on NSB × NSB:

NSB announced the tourney a few weeks ago, but I've been to lazy to post information.

http://nsb.blog.shinobi.jp/Entry/289/ (Japanese)

NSB × NSB (Niconico Stream Battle cross Nagoya Street Battle) is a PS3 online singles tournament. Single-elimination, best-of-3 matches. One interesting rule is that all players have a registered first character; each player must play that character in the first game of a match. Only if the player then loses are they allowed to switch a different character.

Related to the event is GODSGARDEN #4. 16 players will participate in the main tournament, 4 to be selected by a qualifier right before the main tourney. In past GODSGARDEN tournaments, all of the other 12 would be decided a fan vote. The winner of Niconico Stream Battle, however, will be chosen as one of the 12.

NSB × NSB is July 23 while GODSGARDEN #4 will be August 20, SSFIV AE.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Yun being able to punish my instant overhead yoga sniper on hit makes me a sad panda.

Some of Yun's special moves being safe on block makes me a sad panda.

Oh god mommy, make the pain stop!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom