• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I was messing around with Evil Ryu checking out the alts. Apparently you can cancel srk into raging demon. I was like ewwwwwwww.

Kadey said:
I was messing around with Evil Ryu checking out the alts. Apparently you can cancel srk into raging demon. I was like ewwwwwwww.
I can't imagine it would connect, but does it?

Lost Fragment said:
Full screen instant overheads are pretty good.
OH. I was thinking of something else on Sim. Never mind.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I just noticed that I haven't unlock any of the online victories titles in Super. Is my game glitched or something? I have over 800 games played online and haven't got a single one...

weird?

Rynge

Neo Member
29apr10.jpg

Imm0rt4l

Kadey said:
Ex version does somewhat. Regular version pops you up so it's a guessing game from there.

http://www.justin.tv/kadeybaybe/b/289625567
If it were possible I'm sure a player like JR could make use of that somehow.

Are any players switching to evil ryu? I remember air saying for a little while that he believed evil ryu is better than og ryu, but then he ended up using ryu and yang at norcal regionals

_dementia said:
What if the training dummy is set to jump? It's not a true combo is it?
(not that it would be possible in a real match what with 5 meters and all)

nah

Imm0rt4l said:
I'm sure a player like JR could make use of that somehow.

Are any players switching to evil ryu? I remember air saying for a little while that he believed evil ryu is better than og ryu, but then he ended up using ryu and yang at norcal regionals
Rice-Eater. Believe
(actually I don't know if he is)

God's Beard said:
Evil Ryu is amazing.
cMK xx Fireball FADC clFP xx MK Stomp, cMP xx LK Tatsu, FP SRK
Does that combo use every one of his special moves?

I suppose you could add FADC, Shakunetsu at the end of that and make it so

_dementia said:
Does that combo use every one of his special moves?

I suppose you could add FADC, Shakunetsu at the end of that and make it so

E.Ryu is fun to me for some odd reason, even though he doesn't have the options that Akuma does, and doesn't do as much damage. Just feels so good to hit that axe kick combo.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I was in a meeting and all of a sudden the stream kept going arf arf arf arf.

Oh, apparently you can also cancel a standing fierce punch into raging demon. I've been doing it for a while but never thought anything of it. Most people aren't dumb enough to fall for it.

_dementia said:
Rice-Eater. Believe
(actually I don't know if he is)

I guess you could say he's my new main. I play him more then Ken, but I still feel my Ken is better. I really like the character but I think he seriously needs some buffs. To me it makes no sense for him to have such low health and stun with his current set of tools. So I'm crossing my fingers for AE 2K12, hopefully with a new and improved Evil Ryu.

the_log_ride said:
E.Ryu is fun to me for some odd reason, even though he doesn't have the options that Akuma does, and doesn't do as much damage. Just feels so good to hit that axe kick combo.
What? ERyu does monster damage.

Rice-Eater said:
I guess you could say he's my new main. I play him more then Ken, but I still feel my Ken is better. I really like the character but I think he seriously needs some buffs. To me it makes no sense for him to have such low health and stun with his current set of tools. So I'm crossing my fingers for AE 2K12, hopefully with a new and improved Evil Ryu.

Agreed. Let him combo into sweep, and connect sweeps after tatsus/air tatsus. Change his DP into 1 hit Vanilla SRK

@GB I know he does monster damage, just not as much as Akuma. I'll check tonight, but then again you're the resident lab master. I could be wrong.

the_log_ride said:
Agreed. Let him combo into sweep, and connect sweeps after tatsus/air tatsus. Change his DP into 1 hit Vanilla SRK

@GB I know he does monster damage, just not as much as Akuma. I'll check tonight, but then again you're the resident lab master. I could be wrong.

Well my idea make his cr. MK a 5 frame start up so he can combo into that. Change his st. LP to +6 on hit, his cr. HK to a 6 frame start up so he can combo into sweep from that. And with a 6 frame sweep, he can also tatsu sweep every opponent that Akuma can. The other changes I'd like to see are for his LK axe kick to be -2 or -3 on block so it would be a much safer pressure tool and for his HK axe kick to be a true overhead. Right now the thing is practically useless, it's so slow that I don't think making a true overhead would be considered unfair.

As for his damage output, that's basically his one specialty. He can do 400+ damage without meter on every character, and it doesn't have some kind of strange requirement. It will always work and is suppose to be a BNB for him. As for his damage output compared to Akuma, they're practically the same except for the axe kick combo(although Akuma can do almost the same damage with his st. HK combo). Except that Akuma has the demon flip so he has more ways to start these combos.

Rice-Eater said:
Well my idea make his cr. MK a 5 frame start up so he can combo into that. Change his st. LP to +6 on hit, his cr. HK to a 6 frame start up so he can combo into sweep from that. And with a 6 frame sweep, he can also tatsu sweep every opponent that Akuma can. The other changes I'd like to see are for his LK axe kick to be -2 or -3 on block so it would be a much safer pressure tool and for his HK axe kick to be a true overhead. Right now the thing is practically useless, it's so slow that I don't think making a true overhead would be considered unfair.

As for his damage output, that's basically his one specialty. He can do 400+ damage without meter on every character, and it doesn't have some kind of strange requirement. It will always work and is suppose to be a BNB for him. As for his damage output compared to Akuma, they're practically the same except for the axe kick combo(although Akuma can do almost the same damage with his st. HK combo). Except that Akuma has the demon flip so he has more ways to start these combos.

Well akuma can do jHK, farHK, close Fierce xx LK Tatsu, Fierce SRK for 419 damage, but it's so spacing dependent that you'll probably never see it. It's 361 without the jump. ERyu does 421 with his stomp combo. It's not far apart, though.

God's Beard said:
Well akuma can do jHK, farHK, close Fierce xx LK Tatsu, Fierce SRK for 419 damage, but it's so spacing dependent that you'll probably never see it. It's 361 without the jump. ERyu does 421 with his stomp combo. It's not far apart, though.

Yeah, that's what I meant by saying his st. HK combo in the parenthesis. But like you said, the spacing requirement is too strict. Basically that's why I say Evil Ryu needs buffs. He has the same health and stun as Akuma, but can't combo into his cr. MK/HK, has same or worse specials, no air fireballs, no demon flip. And what does he have to compensate for this? One combo that does fat damage, but is hard to actually pull off against good opponents and a cool looking aura surrounding his body so when we get our asses kicked, we still look cool laying on the ground lifeless.

Tobe

figured that this would be the first place to post since this where i started lurking.
hi everybody :D im friends of gutabo IRL. and yeah f*ck yeah feels good to be a junior member.

Tobe1 said:
figured that this would be the first place to post since this where i started lurking.
hi everybody :D im friends of gutabo IRL. and yeah f*ck yeah feels good to be a junior member.

If you are friends with Gutabo, then you are my enemy. >:[

Oh yeah, "Hi."

Tobe

black_vegeta said:
If you are friends with Gutabo, then you are my enemy. >:[

Oh yeah, "Hi."

no rog army love? well i jumped to honda in the middle of super cause he was beast, now i just hate the game and play fei. marvel is more my kind of game actually, but im looking forward to getting into kadey's stream and playing with gaf.

shout outs to eissan for kicking me out of his lobby like a million times. :p jk

im kind of afraid to post cause of the bans

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Tobe1 said:
no rog army love? well i jumped to honda in the middle of super cause he was beast, now i just hate the game and play fei. marvel is more my kind of game actually, but im looking forward to getting into kadey's stream and playing with gaf.

shout outs to eissan for kicking me out of his lobby like a million times. :p jk

im kind of afraid to post cause of the bans

You'll get over that fear pretty quickly, as long as you aren't a dick you should be fine. I've got over 4,000 posts on this site and I've never been banned. The threat of bans here are greatly exaggerated.

Welcome to the site though. :p

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
the_log_ride said:

If this was E. Ryu and the Vanilla SRK had Vanilla trade into ultra as well as the same invincibility frames, I'd pick E. Ryu easily. I'd spray my xbox down in nasty garbage cum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom