• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobe

gotta give it to john FUCKING choi, excellent match, it is fucking tough to beat the player that taught you how to play so now shame on losing.

Tobe1 said:
gotta give it to john FUCKING choi, excellent match, it is fucking tough to beat the player that taught you how to play so now shame on losing.

For a while, we would see Choi losing over and over to Champ's Sim. I think I only remember one time where Choi won since Champ rose up the ranks. Since his switch to Sagat, it looks like he has turned the tide in there matches. I can't wait to see how the new and improved John Choi with Sagat takes on comp outside of NorCal.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I'm so tired of playing this game in lag. At this point I'd take xbox1 graphics If only they'd implement ggpo code. I'm not going to make it a rant, but lag is why I'm terrible at this game.

And by terrible, I mean the 2nd best Ryu in the US.

Timedog said:
I'm so tired of playing this game in lag. At this point I'd take xbox1 graphics If only they'd implement ggpo code. I'm not going to make it a rant, but lag is why I'm terrible at this game.

Check the regional forums on SRK can find some local competition

Timedog said:

wait, so who is the number Ryu player, now that Diego Umejuarez is leading the Yun army?

Venfayth

I just picked up SSFIV AE. It's the first fighting game I've played since Tekken on PSX way back when it came out :O

I've played maybe a dozen or so characters and I've really enjoyed Juri's playstyle the most of the ones I've tried.

I've spent some time watching a few youtube videos of people playing her, but I still can barely beat the medium-hard AIs. I really am not sure what I should be practicing on to improve as a player. Is there anything I should be focusing on other than just playing the game a fuckton?

Any advice with regards to learning to be a better player in SSF is appreciated.

Also, I cannot fucking put this game down. It's making my old procrastination habits rear their heads D:

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Acullis said:
I've spent some time watching a few youtube videos of people playing her, but I still can barely beat the medium-hard AIs. I really am not sure what I should be practicing on to improve as a player. Is there anything I should be focusing on other than just playing the game a fuckton?
Beating SF4 AI means playing exploitively. You just gotta find what the AI can't handle and keep doing it. Also, it cheats and reads your inputs.

USD

_dementia said:
The only way to buy them right now on Xbox 360 is through the marketplace tab on the SSFIVAE menu.
Is there a costume catalog like for the other costumes not on the disc? Too lazy to pop in the game to check.

Hitokage said:
Beating SF4 AI means playing exploitively. You just gotta find what the AI can't handle and keep doing it. Also, it cheats and reads your inputs.
Neutral jumping at the start of a match is apparently key, according to Desk.

USD

_dementia said:
No idea. I don't have the game on 360.

PS3 never had the catalogs.
Decided to not be lazy and checked.

Ah duh, the costume data was a part of the AE download, it's a 140KB unlock on 360 at least.

Morris

Disco Devil
_dementia said:
No idea. I don't have the game on 360.

PS3 never had the catalogs.

It's kinda stupid how you can see all the new AE costumes but you still can't see any of the other Alts 2 if you haven't bought them...

Morro! said:
It's kinda stupid how you can see all the new AE costumes but you still can't see any of the other Alts 2 if you haven't bought them...
Especially considering the AE download is 2.5 times the size on PS3 as it is on 360.

LakeEarth

Hitokage said:
Yeah. The difficulty of obtaining the "no continue" achievements for the new AE characters swing wildly based on what characters you get in the last few matches. Any character with a SRK becomes a nightmare cause every poke gets insta-countered.

vixlar

Acullis said:
I just picked up SSFIV AE. It's the first fighting game I've played since Tekken on PSX way back when it came out :O

I've played maybe a dozen or so characters and I've really enjoyed Juri's playstyle the most of the ones I've tried.

Any advice with regards to learning to be a better player in SSF is appreciated.

Also, I cannot fucking put this game down. It's making my old procrastination habits rear their heads D:

First, learn how to use Focus Attack in creative ways, it is the real star of this game.

Regarding Juri:

Jumping mk is a good crossover. When you have your opponent in a corner that move is really good.

Front + mk is an overhead. You can use it after a blocked jumping attack. Most people (including me) do a low block after blocking jumping attacks.

You can charge her projectiles and use them later. Even, you can charge all three of them at the same time.

His super has two variations: If you do it with lp she does the super instantly. If you do it with mp or hp she does a backflip and then does the super.

A good technique against projectiles is using her counter with lp and low hk fast.

Many people use the focus attacks to deal with air attacks... but your aerial special attack, (half circle back + kick) is an armor breaker, so they think twice before using the focus attack or any armor enchanced attack when you are in the air.

The wheelpin kick ex goes trough projectiles.

And no, I'm not a good Juri player, but mi rival is, and that is all the things I see he uses against me, hehehehe.

Satyamdas

Banned
_dementia said:
I don't think Sim will make it int to SFxTK. Not the first release of that game anyway. Sim seemingly only works well in a game with SF pacing.
Solune said:
Sim can be a monster in MvC2! But I imagine he won't make it into SFxTekken, they'd have to speed up his normals or something, given movement is similar to SF4.
Dat Sim teaser for SFxT

PGyLt.gif

notworksafe

Acullis said:

An easy Juri troll I use online is to charge a med/high fireball (Fuhajin) and then duck like I'm going to release a low fireball. I'd say 90% of the people I play online get baited into jumping at me because of that. It's stupid but it works.

The Super info is slightly off from what vixlar said. LK super keeps her stationary, MK has her move forward right when she starts it, and HK has her do a backflip before the Super starts.

The taunt counter (Kasatushi) is probably one of her best moves for confusing people. I use it on Yun's divekicks all the time...but that is tough online so if you're playing mostly online it may not work as well.

And like vixlar said, EX pinwheel (Senpusha) is awesome for avoiding projectiles. You can actually go completely through Guile and Chun's U2 with it.

The Option-Select tutorial video for Juri is really good too. It's based on Super but the info is still totally relevant and helpful: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FNQreVzXko

Her BnB's are really easy and pretty much all end in pinwheel (use HK pinweheel if you don't have meter) so learn those:

c.lk x 3 > EX pinwheel
c.lk > st.lk > cr.mp xx EX pinwheel
c.lk > st.lp > cr.mk xx EX pinwheel.
c.lk > s.lk > cr.mk xx EX pinwheel
c.lk > st.lk > cr.mp xx EX pinwheel

The other thing that is very important is to not just toss out random pinwheels at blocking opponants. Pinwheel is super unsafe on block and you'll be punished hard for using it randomly.

Her forum on SRK is messy ATM but full of friendly people so check out the tutorial thread and feel free to ask questions in the Q&A thread: http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?forums/juri.12/

Satyamdas

Banned
_dementia said:
I saw this earlier in the SFxTK thread on the gaming side

crow eaten
Nah, no crow eating required. I knew Sim was in for sure, but didn't want to do the "I gots teh inside sources" thing. I've heard that Sim is a straight beast in SFxT, and although that is subject to change, I'm still somewhat hype about using him in that game. I just hope for some good characters to team him with to come outta nowhere.

Solune said:
LOL. Good for you though and will be good to see non-nerfed(?) Sim again. Because Cammy has IA CS in SFxT too =).
She does have that, but seeing as Sim will have a teammate, and seeing as the whole engine is different from SF4, I don't think her TKCS will be a problem at all. We shall see, though!

Stopey

Neo Member
Rice-Eater said:
For a while, we would see Choi losing over and over to Champ's Sim. I think I only remember one time where Choi won since Champ rose up the ranks. Since his switch to Sagat, it looks like he has turned the tide in there matches. I can't wait to see how the new and improved John Choi with Sagat takes on comp outside of NorCal.
When exactly did John Choi lose over and over to FChamp's Sim? John owns Champ's soul no matter what character he uses, it's pretty obvious if you ever watch them play casuals (obviously not everyone has this opportunity!).

Tobe

Stopey said:
When exactly did John Choi lose over and over to FChamp's Sim? John owns Champ's soul no matter what character he uses, it's pretty obvious if you ever watch them play casuals (obviously not everyone has this opportunity!).

well for all i know champ chokes constantly when playing against ricky or choi. but still champ is a hell of a player, especially his attitude that "i dont care who you are, im gonna beat the crap out of you" is what america needs IMO. ugh we need more mike watson these days.

btw add me on xbl: Tobe101

Solune

Satyamdas said:
Nah, no crow eating required. I knew Sim was in for sure, but didn't want to do the "I gots teh inside sources" thing. I've heard that Sim is a straight beast in SFxT, and although that is subject to change, I'm still somewhat hype about using him in that game. I just hope for some good characters to team him with to come outta nowhere.
Why you holding out on info brah ;).
She does have that, but seeing as Sim will have a teammate, and seeing as the whole engine is different from SF4, I don't think her TKCS will be a problem at all. We shall see, though!
I am pretty hyped for SFxT. May have to jump onto Live instead of PSN for that game to fight dat Sim.

Some things regarding Juri. (Please note. My juri is very rush down/corner pressure.)

- When you dont have meter use MK pinwheel. leaves you less open to punishes.(I need to take this advice myself actually I do use HK pin alot but better players will make you pay for this.)

- Juri is a monster when the opponent is cornered. She has all kinds of things to mess with people's heads (but not actually open them up) so you'll constantly have to adjust to what your opponent does in response.

- DP characters dont even have to guess what you are going to do as dp is going to beat most of it. If you know they have a dp stay slightly out of that range and mix in blocking. you want to make them feel they HAVE to dp so that when they start doing it you can go for your good damage knockdowns and keep your corner dominance. be wary of when the opponent has meter for fadc. really smart players wont dp UNTILL they have meter to FADC)

- Juri's overhead leaves her at a disadvantage on hit. This is by far one of the most annoying things to deal with. on block if you hit with your toe you are "safer" but not completely safe (if they have good reactions they can hit it on the way up as it has a fairly long startup)

- Its not a bad idea to try to keep lk fireballs stored for anti-wakeup at the right range the best thing and only thing they can do that wont result in them getting hit with a combo off a counterhit fireball and giving juri the knockdown she wants. At the right range even dp chars can do nothing but block without eating something nasty for doing otherwise.

Matchups:

Good: Gief, Hawk, Shotos (not counting sak and akuma and provided you know how to slow yourself down to bait DPs)

Bad: Guile, Bison, Akuma, Twins (more yang than yun but yun can be annoying)

-- Ranbats update.
XBOX LIVE SIDE IS FULL.

I am allowing up to 8 alternate players in case someone has to drop out or someone leaves during the ranbat (up until week 6 as by then there isnt that much room for advancement in the rankings.)

PSN Side has 14 slots left. Come on ya'll get in there!

vixlar

Wow, I haven't noticed that mk super goes forward before activating.

And I learned the trick with the counter playing online, so if you have a good conection should not be a problem. But remember: counters in this game can be punished with armor breakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom