• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
crimzonflame said:
I've never played a fighting game before, how do I FADC? Any tips?

do an attack -> Hold forward -> press MK+MP -> Press forward

Airan

What the loving fuck is this? EU have to wait another 18 hours before it's unlocked on Steam. It's midnight and 08/7 here in the UK, what a bloody joke >=(

Oh well.

GFWL is Airan if anyone wants a EU punchbag. Can play US players with a bit of lag though.

h3ro

God's Beard said:
I'll accept Yipes and Seth.

I'm expecting a combo of the best throughout Evo's multiple days: Seth/Ultradavid/Chen/Yipes/Spooky/Hu/Aquasilk and hopefully some interspersing of Markman and Lee Chung PRESS A BUTTON action.

Ski is fun for a few minutes only, but him and Keits can hold dat, no thanks.

elfinke

http://www.justin.tv/iplaywinner/b/289661454

In this video, and the end of the preceeding one, there is a high level matchup between Sim and E.Ryu. Can someone explain to me why E.Ryu doesn't just throw fireballs when the Sim is zoning with all the yoga arms and legs? What are Sim's options against a fireball play style?

I've watched a few Sim videos from vanilla through to AE, and they rarely get bodied in the way I do if I ever try a similar style of zoning against flowchart Ken's or the like (meaning, very low level play :D)

/edit: Holy shit at the John Choi Sagat that follows the E.Ryu matches. The Tiger Knee to get in is boss.

USD

elfinke said:
http://www.justin.tv/iplaywinner/b/289661454

In this video, and the end of the preceeding one, there is a high level matchup between Sim and E.Ryu. Can someone explain to me why E.Ryu doesn't just throw fireballs when the Sim is zoning with all the yoga arms and legs? What are Sim's options against a fireball play style?

I've watched a few Sim videos from vanilla through to AE, and they rarely get bodied in the way I do if I ever try a similar style of zoning against flowchart Ken's or the like (meaning, very low level play :D)

/edit: Holy shit at the John Choi Sagat that follows the E.Ryu matches. The Tiger Knee to get in is boss.
I'm actually watching that match right now, fell asleep halfway through Starbase last night.

A massive part of Sim's game against projectile characters is the trade. A trade between Sim's Fierce and a fireball is usually in Dhalsim's favor; assuming Sim has the life lead, it will eventually force the opponent to try to get in, and the costs of entry is frequently a lot of health. And that's not even a guarantee that they get in at all, or stay in once close.

Some players may opt to not throw many fireballs at all. Because of the lowered stand Fierce damage in AE, the trade is less favorable for Dhalsim, but against Evil Ryu, who only has 850 vitality, it's definitely worth the trade.

eissan

Tobe1 said:
no rog army love? well i jumped to honda in the middle of super cause he was beast, now i just hate the game and play fei. marvel is more my kind of game actually, but im looking forward to getting into kadey's stream and playing with gaf.

shout outs to eissan for kicking me out of his lobby like a million times. :p jk

im kind of afraid to post cause of the bans

what really?! wat is you're gamer tag?

I usually kick people who come in the room with yellow or crappier lag, but if I know you I'll play you or at least invite you to a endless for some fun :).

oh and GGs yesterday vegeta :) I like taunting matches LOL!

Imm0rt4l

Professor Beef said:
All the Gouken players are going comatose, so they gotta switch. It's sad, really. :(
It's like Akuma is Jay-z and Gouken is Nas. And we all know how that saying goes.....Nas lost.

I wonder what's easier at this point: learning how to use Yun, or learning a Yun counter?

Speaking of counters, who is a good general counter for Sagat, Honda and Bison? I still want to learn those matches with Hawk, but in case things go south quickly in the first game, I'd like to have a backup.

zlatko

Banned
Was having some shit luck online on opponents. Either way out of my league or super terrible, although I had a few even matches, but the last game I played made up for all the bum shit in the day.

Fought toyalex who is ranked 8th best Ken in the world. 3K PP, and over 10KBP. The shit was so intense and it cam down to the wire with my Yang, but I clutched it out. I made some weird ass noises I didn't know I was capable of to celebrate. xD

zlatko

Banned
Professor Beef said:
6/4 Hawk's favor, at least. I think Yang is a bit trickier and harder to read, but Yun hits harder.

I beat my first good Hawk today as Yang. Since AE came out they just body me free. That match up is still 6-4 even against Yang. I was just lucky that this Hawk was bad at anti airs so I was able to abuse free jump ins and outs to bait SPDs to get my damage in. Hawk's that have beaten me though it never even feels close because of his health and damage and it feels worse than Gief to me.

Imm0rt4l

the_log_ride said:
:(

A sad state of affairs. 'You gonna jump ship, man?
Looks that way, the old man can't hang with the twins. Cammy Gouken in super was 7-3, the twins matchup is worse than that was. I'm messing with Yun right now.... I feel dirty playing him against some characters.

Professor Beef said:
6/4 Hawk's favor, at least. I think Yang is a bit trickier and harder to read, but Yun hits harder.
was it you that said champ may be picking up hawk to counter yun?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom