• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hitsugi said:
...I know you like Yun and all, and he was my main 3s, but removing low cannon strikes (both on the way up and down) was not necessary.

however - cammys changes allow for a new, POSSIBLY more effective style of play to be applied, so who knows? those that liked her old style can move on to someone else cause that's not happening anymore.

who cares? dude didn't play the game yet. and one week hasn't even passed in terms of finding stuff out. that's what i'm getting at.

USD

If anyone was watching this morning's match, Sp00ky said he had a secret stream planned. Here's what it is, if you couldn't guess. From NerdJosh's twitter, 20 minutes ago:

NerdJosh said:
At chinatown fair sp00ky is setting up the ae stream as we speak. Stay tuned for the link.
Though apparently, Justin.tv is down right now for maintenance. Maybe Sp00ky will end up going with Ustream.

EDIT: Looks like JTV is fine now.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Caj814 said:
On Makotos EX Karakusa change. . .

2j4tzi8.gif
When Ken walks backwards, his throwable box extends to where his thumb is, so EX Karakusa should at least extend to the middle of Makoto's forearm instead of short of her elbows.

Threi

notag
nice.

if there's one thing i missed, it was when spooky streamed SSF4 before it went retail.

fun times :lol

also...why does japan hate deejay :(

hitsugi

Threi said:
nice.

if there's one thing i missed, it was when spooky streamed SSF4 before it went retail.

fun times :lol

also...why does japan hate deejay :(
That will most likely happen again with AE on consoles.. well, maybe not; since the game will be out in arcades for months before any kind of console release happens

Axis

haunts said:
aww AE spooky stream was the big announcement. :lol

was gonna wait until it was actually up first tho.

<3 haunts anyway

get out there and stream at some cali places nugga :p

Wallach

Sp00ky's doing another release livestream? Fuck yeah. I was on vacation when that shit happened so I watched that shit for days, and I ain't got nothin' but time right now.

USD said:
If anyone was watching this morning's match, Sp00ky said he had a secret stream planned. Here's what it is, if you couldn't guess. From NerdJosh's twitter, 20 minutes ago:

Though apparently, Justin.tv is down right now for maintenance. Maybe Sp00ky will end up going with Ustream.

EDIT: Looks like JTV is fine now.

<3 Spooky
<3 Nerd Josh
<3 Sabnin
<3 Min
<3 Hu
<3 Haunts

Who else wants a heart?

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Kadey said:
Nobody to lead the Ryu army anymore. :(

There's one man still standing proudly. One man who emerged from the console-only expansion rubble unscathed. One man with 5.7k BP and a penchant for wakeup uppercut.

haunts said:
aww AE spooky stream was the big announcement. :lol

was gonna wait until it was actually up first tho.

:) Still hyped regardless.

Will be entering contest, too. Good stuff!

Last day of work today. Time to play some SSF4!

Timedog said:
There's one man still standing proudly. One man who emerged from the console-only expansion rubble unscathed. One man with 5.7k BP and a penchant for wakeup uppercut.

I thought you were switching to Yun and Ken?

Threi

notag
Timedog said:
gtfo timechun

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Awwwwww yeah - AE stream by Sp00ky himself!

But man, I really wanted to go to bed early tonight, looks like that ain't happening anymore... :(

Makoto changes are nuts - I guess since Capcom didn't want to completely break her by actually making Karakusa actually grab where her hands were, they let her have all of these other juicy possibilities - who knows what else can be found in free time.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
We are trying to make #MarkManLegends a trending topic on twitter

GAF SSF4 COMMUNITY, LET'S FIGHT FOR A GOOD CAUSE.

My tweet: @MarkMan23 once slept with chocoblanka and kayopolice at the same time in Tokyo while wearing whipped cream speedos #MarkManLegends

lawl

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Stream does look rough, but screw it, it's AE!

Oichi said:

My tweet: @MarkMan23 once slept with chocoblanka and kayopolice at the same time in Tokyo while wearing whipped cream speedos #MarkManLegends

lawl

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
marathonfool said:
Why does Guy's TC still miss on crouching opponents. I will curse a thousand curses on your family Ono!

i was at CF yesterday..it doesn't miss. Only at a certain range but the consistency compared to super is night and day. Guy is considerably better off now.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Oichi said:

lawl

lol, seriously. some of the replies were so funny... i almost crashed lol...

http://twitter.com/#!/search?q=%23MarkManLegends <<< link for reference

USD

It looks like T.Hawk UC2 is going to be ridiculously good as an anti-air. I guess that's how it was supposed to be in the first place.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
USD said:
It looks like T.Hawk UC2 is going to be ridiculously good as an anti-air. I guess that's how it was supposed to be in the first place.
How is it different?

Gr1mLock said:
i was at CF yesterday..it doesn't miss. Only at a certain range but the consistency compared to super is night and day. Guy is considerably better off now.

yay!

how about his close standing RH....is it still funky?

hitsugi

_dementia said:
Noone likes Yang?

eh, I'll try to get some matches recorded.. Yang's just not quite as straightforward as Yun is (i.e. everyone trying yun pretty much just does dive kick into spam c.mp which is usually unsafe on block but no one seems to know that.....) but he's very good and his mix up games make him a very fun character

...although I'm still trying to play 3s yang which is a mistake given the ability to combo into c.mk with your eyes closed now

hitsugi said:
eh, I'll try to get some matches recorded.. Yang's just not quite as straightforward as Yun is (i.e. everyone trying yun pretty much just does dive kick into spam c.mp which is usually unsafe on block but no one seems to know that.....) but he's very good and his mix up games make him a very fun character

...although I'm still trying to play 3s yang which is a mistake given the ability to combo into c.mk with your eyes closed now

Can you still cancel air normals into dive kicks?

Ok guys it's official, I'm on Xbox Live. I figured instead of waiting till next year to get my income tax check to get all the stuff, I could just charge it on credit right now and wait for the income tax check to pay it off whenever I do get it. I must say doing all the update, going through all the menus, recovering my name(from Games For Windows) and adding Xbox Live through a redeem code was one giant pain in the ass. I think it took me like 40 minutes to go through the entire process.

But oh well, I'm finally in and this is my gamertag if you want to add me, RiceEater483.

I won't be able to play SSF4 just yet though. I ordered that along with a Hori VLX and won't receive it till Friday. I figured if I was going to get a new stick, I might as well go all out with no regrets. I must say though, I left it on the "place order" page for 4 hours before clicking it to confirm my order. That was pretty nerve wrecking but there is no turning back now. Hopefully I run into some of you Xbox regulars this weekend.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Yeah. Dementia.

You're missing out on GAF's funniest home videos. A bunch of stupid stuff going on right now. Wiffing Zangief ultra from full screen. :lol

-PXG-

NinajHeartless and I had a hardcore level up session today IRL. We plan on having another on Sunday. Also, Ninaj, RagingSpaniard and I are talking about going up to CTF soon. Who else in NJ/NY/CT is interested?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom