• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
elfinke said:
http://www.justin.tv/iplaywinner/b/289661454

In this video, and the end of the preceeding one, there is a high level matchup between Sim and E.Ryu. Can someone explain to me why E.Ryu doesn't just throw fireballs when the Sim is zoning with all the yoga arms and legs? What are Sim's options against a fireball play style?

I've watched a few Sim videos from vanilla through to AE, and they rarely get bodied in the way I do if I ever try a similar style of zoning against flowchart Ken's or the like (meaning, very low level play :D)

/edit: Holy shit at the John Choi Sagat that follows the E.Ryu matches. The Tiger Knee to get in is boss.
If you're getting beat up as Sim, you're letting your opponent get too close. You must must must be on point with the anti-airs to make them think twice about jumping in. You also must be able to make it hard for them to spam fireballs by strategic pokes. Keep them guessing over the low strong and instant overhead.

cheapasscostumes.jpg

Wow, 103 costumes.

It never occurred to me how many there were.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Rentahamster said:
Played my first matches since I got my profile back.

gg Timedog, just like old times!

:D

ggs. i was getting so mad. so hard to do competent rushdown online. i got so mad i punched my own dick.

Russia - Central Steam download is go! Let's hope this ends up working with my Saturn USB pad. Dual Shock 3 d-pad makes my thumb blister up beyond recognition.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
TyrantGuardian said:
Russia - Central Steam download is go! Let's hope this ends up working with my Saturn USB pad. Dual Shock 3 d-pad makes my thumb blister up beyond recognition.

It better... or somebody is gonna get hurt real bad

SamVimes

So are there already cheaters in the leaderboards on PC? Some guy RugalCK is first ranked with at least 3 different characters and with everyone of them he has 5647 points.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
cross posting .

Alright quickly tried out the game.

- The control iffyness is annoying at first, can't navigate menus with keyboard, and changing button settings on your 360 pad changes the navigation buttons aswell. So if you're like me and have a non-default button mapping then you can forget about "A" being confirm, for me it's "LB". Minor but yet highly annoying.

THAT SAID...

- The game looks ridiculous on max settings, even after playing the SF4 series for like 1000h+ or something the pc-version still totally managed to blow my mind.

- The game isn't using both my gpus, it's barely using even one of my 560 TIs, and yet I manage to get roughly 300+ fps in the benchmark, so I bet you can play the game on a rock.

- Warning, don't even think about playing the game without triplebuffering, I tried to play the game totally clean, no triplebuff no v sync no nothing and the game played at some bizarre 20fps in training mode. I enabled d3doverrider and the game ran flawlessy.

- The game feels even more responsive than on my 360 but this could totally be placebo, but the links I'm hitting in training mode tells another story though.

- I think it's a great feature that peoples pcs rank is diplayed online. So if you see somebody with like a horrible grade maybe stay clear so he won't lagg it up.

- As soon as they fix the control bullshit it's going to be my definite version of the game. For reference I've owned and played : Vanilla ps3/pc/360, Super ps3/360 and AE pc/360.

Here is a awesome screen of a custom training room I am using, I love the pc version, looks great and the online is a lot better than console so far, only had about 2 really laggy games out of about 100 games so far.

trontrainingf8td.jpg

Two Questions: Do 360 TE sticks work on PC?

How do people feel about Ibuki in AE? via Twitter:

XKenoX18 Keno Caesar said:
With all the focus on Yun and Fei I doubt Ibuki is going to get balanced. That character is too good :(

Has anyone else been talking about her being much better?

kamspy

Hey SF-GAF

I posted this in the main forum regarding SSFIV AE for PC. Maybe someone can help us:

So, a friend of mine is having major problems playing online. I mean, major. I'm talking about 10fps with hard freezes during the matches. I've played about 50 pubs and a few with him, and even the laggiest pubs don't come close. We opened his firewall and it worked great for a couple matches, but reverted back to being completely unplayable. We did a ping test and his line doesn't have any jitter or packet loss. PC is up to snuff, AMD 6 core and HD6870.

Just to test he tried vanilla SF4 and it played fine online with the firewall up.

Any ideas? We've installed the latest drivers for everything, GFWL, AMD, DirectX - nothing seems to help.

Thanks!

_dementia said:
If MM can single-handedly change the general perception of "MadCatz quality", I'm sure he could also sell a few more than a hundred copies of a game.
It was more of a knock on Shenmue, but I do agree with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom