• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the release of AE on GFW (several days after Steam, DRD and everything else), I can finally game on my laptop.

It seems to run pretty well. I hope someone makes an unlock color hack.

And the button config seems a bit wonky, but I finally got it working with my 360 fightpad (though I'd prefer my Saturn, but I like having start, select and xbox button).

I think the costume pack seems like a decent deal, but I don't want to pay for it a third time.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I can have a rare bad day and all it takes is some funny stream monster stuff or commentary to make me feel better.

Anybody use an Ipad 2 to watch streams? I'm thinking of upgrading my netbook. It's a first generation and I generally take it everywhere with me but it sucks for watching streams or anything really whenever I'm not home. I'm just wondering how an Ipad2 fares in that department.

Kadey said:
I can have a rare bad day and all it takes is some funny stream monster stuff or commentary to make me feel better.

Anybody use an Ipad 2 to watch streams? I'm thinking of upgrading my netbook. It's a first generation and I generally take it everywhere with me but it sucks for watching streams or anything really whenever I'm not home. I'm just wondering how an Ipad2 fares in that department.
Be aware that iPad doesn't support flash. That said you can still watch most justintv streams with the jtv app. I would think a newer netbook would be better if you want to watch and do something else simultaneously though.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
_dementia said:
Be aware that iPad doesn't support flash. That said you can still watch most justintv streams with the jtv app. I would think a newer netbook would be better if you want to watch and do something else simultaneously though.

Forgot about that. I still think flash is a huge deal. Well, I guess that sucks. Might just have to get a next generation netbook then. My netbook is really outdated at this point. Even my desktop is outdated by my standards.

Marn needs a lesson on how to stream. With those godlike PC specs, he can get his stream to look and run the absolute best seen yet. Specs means nothing if your configuration is not optimized. Everybody remembers my stream at first. It was somewhat ugly and all matrix like. LOL. But I spent countless hours setting up my command prompt script after HAV and the guys helped me get it up first. My stream is the absolute best you can do with a dual core E8400 which really really sucks for streaming.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Kadey said:
But I spent countless hours setting up my command prompt script after HAV and the guys helped me get it up first. My stream is the absolute best you can do with a dual core E8400 which really really sucks for streaming.
Yeah, it takes a bit of tinkering to get it right. My biggest problem was my shitty upload bandwidth. How much bandwidth are you dedicating to the stream upload?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'll post the specs when I stream later tonight. Kuma is plan on playing tonight again. The last week or so has been really weird for me. I hope to have a normal night for once.

jlai

Kadey said:
Forgot about that. I still think flash is a huge deal. Well, I guess that sucks. Might just have to get a next generation netbook then. My netbook is really outdated at this point. Even my desktop is outdated by my standards.

Marn needs a lesson on how to stream. With those godlike PC specs, he can get his stream to look and run the absolute best seen yet. Specs means nothing if your configuration is not optimized. Everybody remembers my stream at first. It was somewhat ugly and all matrix like. LOL. But I spent countless hours setting up my command prompt script after HAV and the guys helped me get it up first. My stream is the absolute best you can do with a dual core E8400 which really really sucks for streaming.

There is no native iPad JTV app, but the iPhone one works just fine. They updated it a couple months ago to have the ability to play all streams, in fairly decent quality. You can chat in the app too, but it gets a little messy. Here is a screenshot I just took for reference from PJS

Wd2xv.jpg

There are also browsers (skyfire) which can encode flash videos on the fly to a format that you can play.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Nabs said:
What's bad exactly?

Fighting against players with bad PCs. But then again that's what the benchmark rating is for.

My experience with PC online so far:

With v-sync enabled - roughly the same to slightly more input than console. Oddly enough, offline mode feels great.

With v-sync disabled - indescribably better than console online. I'm being completely honest here, it feels just as fast or faster than console offline. The screen tearing sucks but the game is ridiculously responsive. It's jarring.

Trying to find a lagless solution for v-sync.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
_dementia said:

No flash support? Wow just wow!

I haven't checked his stream but how is he fighting people with bad comps? I have never seen one person with a rating under A, expect for one person who had a E but I just avoided him and went to the next person. The trick to finding no lag games are joining a game and waiting 5-8 seconds to see if his bar drops or not.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
GhostRidah said:
I haven't checked his stream but how is he fighting people with bad comps? I have never seen one person with a rating under A, expect for one person who had a E but I just avoided him and went to the next person. The trick to finding no lag games are joining a game and waiting 5-8 seconds to see if his bar drops or not.

I would assume that's why he's running into any problems online. If not, it's his net or his PC. Someone should tell him to disable v-sync (for some reason, when I try to go to his stream I get redirected to some JTV contact page).

jlai

GhostRidah said:

For whatever reason, I had a lot better success finding lag-less games going into arcade mode with fight request turned on. Usually get challenged really quickly too, about 10 seconds into an arcade match. Only problem is I keep getting matched up with players that have ~500pp. The gain 10 pp if you win, lose 125 pp if you lose payoff is so bad. I love the PC version for its convenience, but I wish the competition was a little better.

DarkoMaledictus said:
No flash support? Wow just wow!

Apple moves to the beat of its own drummer.

I tried to watch the last NSB stream on my iPad 2, and it didn't play well with the multi-stream page. And it would sort of stop working in Atomic (I didn't bother in Safari and don't have iCab).

And forget about Justin.tv. I'm not paying for the app either.

If a tablet is what you're interested in Kadey (and lord knows you have a disposable income), then maybe you can cop the Xoom 2 or the Amazon table that comes out in the fall.

They'll support Flash and might have the latest nVidia chipset (not Tegra 2).

jlai said:
For whatever reason, I had a lot better success finding lag-less games going into arcade mode with fight request turned on. Usually get challenged really quickly too, about 10 seconds into an arcade match. Only problem is I keep getting matched up with players that have ~500pp. The gain 10 pp if you win, lose 125 pp if you lose payoff is so bad. I love the PC version for its convenience, but I wish the competition was a little better.
So that's you already ranked at 2000k+ pp? I thought it was a troll or something lol

jlai

Spiderjericho said:
Apple moves to the beat of its own drummer.

I tried to watch the last NSB stream on my iPad 2, and it didn't play well with the multi-stream page. And it would sort of stop working in Atomic (I didn't bother in Safari and don't have iCab).

And forget about Justin.tv. I'm not paying for the app either.

If a tablet is what you're interested in Kadey (and lord knows you have a disposable income), then maybe you can cop the Xoom 2 or the Amazon table that comes out in the fall.

They'll support Flash and might have the latest nVidia chipset (not Tegra 2).

It's weird. I think because the app used to be free and I had downloaded it then, I'm grandfathered into free updates for the app as well.

GhostRidah said:
So that's you already ranked at 2000k+ pp? I thought it was a troll or something lol

Haha yeah that's me. Got as high as #7, but lost a couple games and dropped 250 points just like that. Trying to get to #1 Makoto too, but that guy already has 4k BP. Not trailing too far behind at 3700 as of yesterday.

Played some sets with the #1 guy in ranked. He uses Sakura, and its DBJ-lite

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Yeah. I want something small enough to fit in my bag or purse.

Stream talking has me wanting to test out the stream. Going to mess around with it before I start a lobby to last throughout the night.

Kioshen

Hi guys and gals

I've been told of this small piece of the internet by cackhyena. Been lurking for a while until my account finally got approved and it finally did.

I'm not very good but would like to level up if at all possible. I can play AE on any platform that it's available and cannot wait until 3S OE comes out. If you'd like to beat up a Yang on AE/3S GGPO send me an invite my handle is the same everywhere.

I've also thrown my hat into the ring for the gaf ranbats so yeah I think that covered it.

Cheers !

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Are you still high Kuma?

And ewwwwwww. You can cancel raging demon from standing far fierce, close up, axe kick, sweep, etc. Evil Ryu for God tier!
Case in point. http://www.justin.tv/kadeybaybe/b/289776928
I just realized how fast I can do raging demon on a stick now. Yay! It's almost instant for me.

I'm live and goofing around. Starting endless whenever someone wants me to.

Kadey said:
Are you still high Kuma?

And ewwwwwww. You can cancel raging demon from standing far fierce, close up, axe kick, sweep, etc. Evil Ryu for God tier!
Case in point. http://www.justin.tv/kadeybaybe/b/289776928
I just realized how fast I can do raging demon on a stick now. Yay! It's almost instant for me.

I'm live and goofing around. Starting endless whenever someone wants me to.
I read he can cancel any of his attacks into Demon. Not sure how I feel about that.

Probably because he's half baked in a bowl of Honey Comb. Apple, Google (and Manufacturing buddies), RIM, HP, M$ need to step up, but I think competition next year will bring that.

Kuma, I gat dat iPad 2. It's hot. it's not perfect. Honestly, if I could travel in the future, I'd probably cop an Android tablet from 2013 (since you can have HDMI minus a retarded adapter, recognized as external disk, no iTunes, Flash...but who am I kidding iPad is soo good...it even has Street Fighter).

And Marn not looking like Latif, Krone, Poongko on that stream.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Ewwwwwww. You're right. I just canceled it from strong, low forward, that hop kick, even tatsu. Evil Ryu for God tier!

Mœbius

Great - my copy of AE PC (on Steam) keeps crashing/freezing my PC on boot. Sigh.

It's not the unsupported / wireless keyboard issue already mentioned - I have a standard old wired keyboard. And I'm using a 360 TE. I've also verified the files on Steam so not sure what the problem is...

Anyone else had problems getting it started?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom