• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good shit Professor Beef, hopefully you'll have better results next time when you're more prepared. I know the feeling though, if you're not use to stick, you just feel lost most of the time.

I hate that I like the play style of two of the characters with the least hit points seth/akuma, I get blown up so free lol

Oh yea spooky should be streaming some florida/orlando event today? no clue if true.

Dascu

PC player here, GFWL handle is "Dascu".

I'm trying to learn how to play with Oni, but I'm having a hard time getting used to his special attacks. Any experienced Oni player willing to share tips and tricks?

GhostRidah said:
I hate that I like the play style of two of the characters with the least hit points seth/akuma, I get blown up so free lol

Oh yea spooky should be streaming some florida/orlando event today? no clue if true.
Yeah I think it's around 1 PM eastern.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Hope I made Gootecks proud!

Lslmb.jpg

USD

So I finally got around to watch some matches from the Starbase before last: Part 1 Part 2

John Choi was probably my favorite Ryu player in Vanilla, but it's like he was meant for Sagat. His ability to control the pace of the match with Tiger Shots was incredibly on point. The Sagat-Dhalsim projectile war seems really tough for Sim.

Conceited said:
Gootecks and Mike showing off the awesome Singapore arcade scene;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijB67anwUVU
Whoa, that was pretty awesome. Production values are going up, Cross Counter is proving their worth. Are Mike and Gootecks the only players with three sponsors/partners? With Machinima, Mad Catz and Complexity on their side, it seems like they're really able to live off of what they're doing. Plus Gootecks is always talking about wanting to do more like streaming, etc. Serious hustlers.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
I'm glad they got a chance to check out Marina Bay Sands. I am going to Singapore just to swim in that infinity pool, not even kidding.

And yeah, Singapore often seems to be forgotten among the Asian countries. It's one of the 4 Asian Tigers!

H8zZil.jpg

Being a lazy NAH I just bought a Qanba 3-in-1, it has Sanwa parts and is compatible with PS360PC. I figured buying that would be cheaper than modding up my PS3 HRAP with Sanwa buttons and a new board.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Aruarian Reflection said:
I'm glad they got a chance to check out Marina Bay Sands. I am going to Singapore just to swim in that infinity pool, not even kidding.

And yeah, Singapore often seems to be forgotten among the Asian countries. It's one of the 4 Asian Tigers!

H8zZil.jpg
What the fuck is going on in this picture? Anyone? How does the water not drip down?

pirateben said:
I'm in Taiwan and my connections with other Asian countries have always been great.

I'm Pirateben on Steam.

As soon as I get my PC version working we'll play.

Anyone got any ideas for what kind of fixes I can try? Already updated all my nvidia drivers, updated and restarted Steam, verified the installed files... not sure what to do now except completely delete the AE files and remove and re-install Steam and then the game again.

Edit: I should probably explain what's happening specifically. Basically when I click Play in Steam the normal steam message displays saying game is starting, that disappears and I'm sill on my desktop with my cursor stuck on the loading icon. When I check the task manager it says AE is not responding.
What are your system spec if I may ask?

Regardless if you are administrator or not, you could attempt to Run as administrator.
Also compatibility option.

Also have you play Vanilla PC before?

Mœbius

Cloudius12 said:
What are your system spec if I may ask?

Regardless if you are administrator or not, you could attempt to Run as administrator.
Also compatibility option.

Also have you play Vanilla PC before?
Thanks for the response.

Tried to run as admin but no joy - same result (no response / game freeze on boot).

Didn't own Vanilla on PC.

PC is a few years old now, specs are:
- Windows XP
- Intel Q6600 Quad core 2.4Ghz
- 4GB ram
- nVidia 9800GTX

Starting to think that there's something wrong with my OS or some core game-related programs - specifically .NET framework, Visual, or Direct X - that's causing this because i've had the same issue affect a few other games and programs. Assumed it was a random thing but not so sure now - worried that the only fix will be a completely new OS install. Time to upgrade to windows 7 maybe, heh.

PS - Sorry to go off-topic with my technical issues people; should probably take this to PMs if Cloudius or anyone else has any further suggestions. Thanks.

Rice-Eater said:
Good shit Professor Beef, hopefully you'll have better results next time when you're more prepared. I know the feeling though, if you're not use to stick, you just feel lost most of the time.
All I know is that if it wasn't a charity tournament, I might've pulled an fchamp and chucked a stick. :lol

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
My God does Arcade Edition look glorious in 1080p and everything set to Ultra Fucking High. Why did I ever play the console version?

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
soo how are people handling the tearing scenario ? we're playing without vsync and the tear is slightly annoying and triplebuffering adds some lag :(

Dizzy-4U

Corky said:
soo how are people handling the tearing scenario ? we're playing without vsync and the tear is slightly annoying and triplebuffering adds some lag :(
Turn off vsync in-game and force it through nvidia control panel or D3DOverrider. It works perfectly that way.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Dizzy-4U said:
Turn off vsync in-game and force it through nvidia control panel or D3DOverrider. It works perfectly that way.

you sure it doesnt introduce some lag ? at home it felt ever so slightly laggier than here at a mates place with no v sync and similar monitors

/iphone

Dizzy-4U

Corky said:
you sure it doesnt introduce some lag ? at home it felt ever so slightly laggier than here at a mates place with no v sync and similar monitors
I'm forcing it with the nvidia CP and I didn't notice any lag. In fact, I'm amazed on how responsive this game is. Nice improvement over the PS3 version (can't speak of 360, never played it.)

Imm0rt4l

Ran it back with Beehols guy and beat him the majority of the matches, then he invited this dudley player who I beat first match and lost like the next 6. This guy Renegadetx2000 is my new nemesis x_x

Rickenslacker said:
Being a lazy NAH I just bought a Qanba 3-in-1, it has Sanwa parts and is compatible with PS360PC. I figured buying that would be cheaper than modding up my PS3 HRAP with Sanwa buttons and a new board.

Congrats is it the Q4 RAF? That's what I just bought a month ago, I love the stick. It's my travel stick because the VLX is just too much of a pain to haul around. That's what I'm going to bring to EVO.

TurtleSnatcher said:
Apparently Spooky didn't buy his tickets and never told anyone.

Wow.. What an asshole. (if true but that is what the the tourney organizers are saying in the chat)
That's really shitty if so

Rice-Eater said:
Congrats is it the Q4 RAF? That's what I just bought a month ago, I love the stick. It's my travel stick because the VLX is just too much of a pain to haul around. That's what I'm going to bring to EVO.
Yes it is! This one specifically. I'm glad that Spooky streamed the Montreal tournament a bit back because the sponsors usually never apply to me on stream, but I actually found a nice Canadian joystick dealer from that one.

rivals

Has anyone had issues with AE PC having "sticky" joystick inputs? I just tried playing it for the first time and my forward and back joystick directions are sticky in that when i let go of the stick he continues walking for a few steps. I can't tell if it's the game or the stick since it's a new 360 Chun stick that I haven't used at all before. Guess I can try using it with GGPO quickly to see if it's the stick or not.

rivals said:
Has anyone had issues with AE PC having "sticky" joystick inputs? I just tried playing it for the first time and my forward and back joystick directions are sticky in that when i let go of the stick he continues walking for a few steps. I can't tell if it's the game or the stick since it's a new 360 Chun stick that I haven't used at all before. Guess I can try using it with GGPO quickly to see if it's the stick or not.

Try setting joystick to DP.

rivals

Ahh, that did the trick, thanks!

EDIT: The weird thing is that when it's set on DP, the button config doesn't seem to recognize the stick directions. Not that it really matters since the directions work, though.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Last night was hype.

Two matches of Saty getting double perfects.

http://www.justin.tv/kadeybaybe/b/289849585

http://www.justin.tv/kadeybaybe/b/289848578

There are a bunch of matches in the archives.

Everybody was yelling at each other except me. Went to sleep and noticed Saty breaking stream streak. Congrats. Greg was the one to stop the streak from getting any higher. Best friends forever.

Been up since like 5 in the morning. Dead tired and drunk. I'll still run an endless if someone wants me to.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Kadey said:
Last night was hype.

Two matches of Saty getting double perfects.

http://www.justin.tv/kadeybaybe/b/289849585

http://www.justin.tv/kadeybaybe/b/289848578

There are a bunch of matches in the archives.

Everybody was yelling at each other except me. Went to sleep and noticed Saty breaking stream streak. Congrats. Greg was the one to stop the streak from getting any higher. Best friends forever.

Been up since like 5 in the morning. Dead tired and drunk. I'll still run an endless if someone wants me to.

Damn you are usually more drunk than me. Should join our awesome drunk thread and share your thoughts on the awesomeness that is alcohol and having a blast! http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=29198326

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom