• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Sloth

Banned
Rice-Eater said:
Ok guys it's official, I'm on Xbox Live. I figured instead of waiting till next year to get my income tax check to get all the stuff, I could just charge it on credit right now and wait for the income tax check to pay it off whenever I do get it. I must say doing all the update, going through all the menus, recovering my name(from Games For Windows) and adding Xbox Live through a redeem code was one giant pain in the ass. I think it took me like 40 minutes to go through the entire process.

But oh well, I'm finally in and this is my gamertag if you want to add me, RiceEater483.

I won't be able to play SSF4 just yet though. I ordered that along with a Hori VLX and won't receive it till Friday. I figured if I was going to get a new stick, I might as well go all out with no regrets. I must say though, I left it on the "place order" page for 4 hours before clicking it to confirm my order. That was pretty nerve wrecking but there is no turning back now. Hopefully I run into some of you Xbox regulars this weekend.
I'm not very great, but I'll be on the majority of this weekend if you need someone to beat on to help break in Live.

GT: Sloth112

What time does CTF close? And I have to respect all the folks who are going to try to get god like in AE, as it's an expensive proposition. I hope arcade operators get a nice return on their investment.

I played a couple Twelve v Elena, Twelve v Necro, Twelve v Urien and Twelve v Ken matches today. Nobody can ever complain about characters being bad in SSF4.

A character is broken when 3-7 is one of the easier matchups. When winning with Q is easy compared to your character, they have a problem. When Remy makes impossible walls look free, you know your character sucks.

And despite all that, I never stopped using Twelve. I keep learning more mixups, better positioning and setups, and still lose to random Kens that I can take out with characters I'm much shittier with. It sucks sometimes. I'll do 4 or 5 mixups in a row for like 30%, then lose half my health with one combo off a random poke.

I got told I was an incredible player today by a guy that beat me 20 times in a row.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Good games Kaako.! Good games between everyone tonight. Missed a few of you but there's always next time. I should have been asleep ages ago! I was only going to play a few matches but so many lols kept me awake.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Kadey said:
Yeah. Dementia.

You're missing out on GAF's funniest home videos. A bunch of stupid stuff going on right now. Wiffing Zangief ultra from full screen. :lol
You know u love it! :lol :lol
I was laughing my ass off most of the matches cause of the stupid shit I was pulling off.
Fun games.

hitsugi

AkumaHokoru said:
Hi kids daddy's home. miss me?

2rfcyuc.gif

Kaako said:
Did you know how hard mom had to work double shifts to keep food on the table!? You triflin' no-good excuse of a father.
its ok its ok. I brought back news.

GAF RANBATS SEASON 2 WILL BEGIN IN JANUARY

Hows that? miss papa now?

I will be making the thread shortly I would like some assistance from someone who is good at making pretty things...else its going to be a uggggly session

Here are my current thoughts on the rules.

capped at 32 players per console (again 8 man sets for the ranbats)
THIS TIME ONLY 1 CHARACTER. Go hard or go home. >:|

There will be 2 sets of scrambles used. the old 1v2 1v3 and 1v4 configs and then...theres the Group vs Group battles also using the 1v2 1v3 and 1v4 rules(though i will have to make some modifications with this one because the way ranbats tend to work out 1 would steamroll 4 if they matched up late in the ranbats)
There will also be a seeding period.
Input is as always welcomed. the irc channel still exists and now I'm the owner of the channel. #gafranbats on the globalgamers irc network (dont worry ill have
it linked when i make the new thread)

I absolutely intend to start no later than january 16th

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
BotoxAgent said:
yay!

how about his close standing RH....is it still funky?

didnt get a chance to test that..but prettymuch all his normals *seem* better..even low strong which was good already seems better. dieminion and i talked about it for a few minutes since he got more time with guy then me but he thinks low forward is better as well that its slightly faster and has more active frames..i mean it could just be a placebo effect but i feel his normals are better. I did see a video of a counter hit standing fierce comboing into another standing fierce so something got changed there too. Bushin flip grab does around 180 and dieminion did jab bushin flip grab a gief from pretty far away..far by even Guy standards so im unclear if that was changed or it was just some kinda fluke. I only played one game since that damn list was long as hell and it was late but i'll put some time in probably sunday and i'll let you guys know.

Ooh, can't wait for season 2. Difference is that I'll probably be only on 360 this time around. I'd love to enter both(don't know if that's allowed) but my PS3 is going to the living room with a very laggy TV and only WiFi(PS3 WiFi blows).

God's Beard said:
Why do you wait for my xbox to break every time before you start these :-(
I had gotten banned. If I hadn't your xbox would have broke during it :lol
Rice: I didnt allow dual entry before I wont this time either.

Just got home from CTF, hope you enjoyed watching my Dudley and Yang get scraped.

I recorded almost 2 hours of matches; I'm going to upload them to youtube tomorrow sometime

Every time I go back to 3rd Strike, I get used to the pace and I start to think that SSF4 is the same speed.

Then I got back to 4 and it's like "whoa, evertything's in slow motioooooooooon"

Especially Ibuki. Goddamn is she fast in 3s.

AkumaHokoru said:

Hey, welcome ba-

AkumaHokoru said:
its ok its ok. I brought back news.

GAF RANBATS SEASON 2 WILL BEGIN IN JANUARY

Hows that? miss papa now?

I will be making the thread shortly I would like some assistance from someone who is good at making pretty things...else its going to be a uggggly session

Here are my current thoughts on the rules.

capped at 32 players per console (again 8 man sets for the ranbats)
THIS TIME ONLY 1 CHARACTER. Go hard or go home. >:|

There will be 2 sets of scrambles used. the old 1v2 1v3 and 1v4 configs and then...theres the Group vs Group battles also using the 1v2 1v3 and 1v4 rules(though i will have to make some modifications with this one because the way ranbats tend to work out 1 would steamroll 4 if they matched up late in the ranbats)
There will also be a seeding period.
Input is as always welcomed. the irc channel still exists and now I'm the owner of the channel. #gafranbats on the globalgamers irc network (dont worry ill have
it linked when i make the new thread)

I absolutely intend to start no later than january 16th

YES!!! Love the character lock, too! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Anybody still playing in gaf chat? I just made it back home from work :\

Rocwell

Bah not gonna be able to make it for ranbats this time around. I will be taking un viaja a Mexico for two weeks right when they start looks like.

GGS randall. I love picking on people who aren't wise to my Mak gimmicks yet lol

Rocwell said:
Bah not gonna be able to make it for ranbats this time around. I will be taking un viaja a Mexico for two weeks right when they start looks like.

GGS randall. I love picking on people who aren't wise to my Mak gimmicks yet lol
:lol:lol GGs man..

Just found my old Super Advantage SNES stick and started to play Street Fighter 2. Bison on the hardest difficulty made me look so free. I eventually beat his ass with Guile.

Fuck that motherfucker.

Rocwell

the_log_ride said:
What better to hop back into things than getting bodied by Roc? GGs, man. Your Mak was all in dat ass, along with Fei.
GGs your sim is always so solid. I'm always impressed with sim players even if they aren't the most entertaining to watch, I do enjoy fighting him though if only because you only need to get in once and he's toast :lol GS on dizzying me with sim and getting a perfect though, that's definitely a pretty rare thing to see :lol

Kadey said:
Yeah. Dementia.

You're missing out on GAF's funniest home videos. A bunch of stupid stuff going on right now. Wiffing Zangief ultra from full screen. :lol
OMG :lol sry I missed that

and welcome back AkumaHokoru

zlatko

Banned
AkumaHokoru said:

No clue you were banned, but I can only imagine your reaction was this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgQzZbNxZZ0

Also, question for Yun players who've touched AE or are knowledgeable, but is his BnB combo I keep seeing a target combo start up? It looks so fast. I think it's a crouching short, into standing some kinda punch another hit, then the forward dive.

I'm still sad at NO good Yang footage. I heard Floe was going to main him, so someone needs to get footage of him playing Yang up ASAP. :D

Gr1mLock said:
didnt get a chance to test that..but prettymuch all his normals *seem* better..even low strong which was good already seems better. dieminion and i talked about it for a few minutes since he got more time with guy then me but he thinks low forward is better as well that its slightly faster and has more active frames..i mean it could just be a placebo effect but i feel his normals are better. I did see a video of a counter hit standing fierce comboing into another standing fierce so something got changed there too. Bushin flip grab does around 180 and dieminion did jab bushin flip grab a gief from pretty far away..far by even Guy standards so im unclear if that was changed or it was just some kinda fluke. I only played one game since that damn list was long as hell and it was late but i'll put some time in probably sunday and i'll let you guys know.

Thanks! That's good to know...it gives me hope. I really want for him to have better, more robust counter hit setups and frame traps because on console, they don't feel strong or guaranteed...it trades or gets stuffed sometimes (could be lag or bad timing on my part though).

Missed ya kuma!! :)

-PXG-

zlatko said:

Also, question for Yun players who've touched AE or are knowledgeable, but is his BnB combo I keep seeing a target combo start up? It looks so fast. I think it's a crouching short, into standing some kinda punch another hit, then the forward dive.

I'm still sad at NO good Yang footage. I heard Floe was going to main him, so someone needs to get footage of him playing Yang up ASAP. :D

Best scene in that movie :lol

Semen....animal semen.

hitsugi

zlatko said:

The combo you're seeing is c.lk, c.lp, s.lp, s.mp -> whatever. it's not a target combo, but yun does have a couple of target combos (s.lp, s.lk, s.mp and s.mp, s.hp, back+hp)

hitsugi

USD said:
Yeah, Wong is definitely the best Yang I've seen so far. Seems like he actually knows his combos, while everyone else seems to still be figuring it out.

I don't think there are many Yang players that are still trying to figure out light hits into c.mk -> rekkas...

launch, whiff dive kick into U1 on the other hand.. is awesome.

hitsugi said:
I don't think there are many Yang players that are still trying to figure out light hits into c.mk -> rekkas...

launch, whiff dive kick into U1 on the other hand.. is awesome.
do you get the full animation off that or just the 3S version?

_dementia said:
do you get the full animation off that or just the 3S version?
if it hits you get full animation every time
BotoxAgent said:
Is the BP ranking card system only used in Japanese arcades?
yes you need a Japanese IP to sign into and sign up for the card ranking system the data is saved on capcom's servers unlike tekken 5 cards where the data is on the card.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Good to see you back Kuma - I take it that your time-off plus Blanka's reduction to, well, nothing has changed your view about poor Blanka.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom