• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

notworksafe

Hex said:
Was thinking of picking up for AE on pc also to compliment PS3 but I have no idea whether my MvC2 TE stick will work on pc and not quite ready to buy a second stick yet.
So plug it in and see if it works with GGPO/MAME/Dong Dong Never Die.

Nabs

Yeah, you can also use the "Game Controllers" option in Control Panel to check. Just make sure you click on Properties to check if the buttons are functioning.

Hex

Banned
notworksafe said:
So plug it in and see if it works with GGPO/MAME/Dong Dong Never Die.

I'll try to find something to test it with.
Any game that can support pad should support the stick right?

notworksafe

Hex said:
I'll try to find something to test it with.
Any game that can support pad should support the stick right?
Pretty much. I usually use GGPO since it is east to setup and free.

Or just use Joy2Key or Xpadder to see if it can be mapped. Not sure if you need a PC driver for a PS3 stick. You don't on OS X.

Imm0rt4l

God's Beard said:
I almost got a round this time :-(

Damn me and not going into training mode with Dudley since AE hit... that missed overhead cost me bad.
Dudley seems to be one of those characters that you have to play constantly to be good with. I so much as not play him for a few days and I will play pretty poorly.

gutabo

Satyamdas said:
http://i.imgur.com/OYocs.jpg

You guys are fucking killing me today. Honda C- tier?! Because of a tiny damage nerf and no lp headbutt AA? That jumping strong hitbox is still gdlk as fuck, it still beats Sim's anti airs (which are gdlk themselves) clean a majority of the time. J.mp hitbox was fucking retarded good in Vanilla & Super, and now it is just stupid good. Boo freaking hoo. U2 was already a non factor, and lp headbutt needed to get nerfed. Honda could just get a life lead and sit on down back forever and no one could open him up because they had to fear a headbutt AA even without meter. Dude is still mad solid. Probably dropped a tier but that's it.
Hey Saty! Long time no see! <3 Hey Renta! I'm not salty anymore! :D

Hey now. Ok, first of all, I just said that he wasn't top tier. Now, I disagree with a lot of things that you just said :( I didn't agree with his tier position in super, since his ranking was mostly boosted because of him "owning" low tier characters but he still lost to many top tier chars. So I don't think he's top tier, but I don't think he's bottom tier at all. And I think Mike Ross does stuff with him that no one else can do(dem reads!). I have to say tho that I haven't played AE that much(I don't own it yet) BUT back in super Dhalsim's anti airs beat Honda's j.MP or traded so that particular nerf + HP/EX headbutt not going through yoga fires anymore(gimmicky but it was an option) + damage nerfs make me think that the sim matchup is worse for him now, even with sim's own nerfs.

And I think the twins beat him. I might be wrong since I almost haven't played AE at all against real opponents using them(or any other character for that matter) but Rufus beating him doesn't give me much hope about super dive kick fighter hong kong edition lol.

Please saty take my word for what it's worth( =nothing, since I don't own the game yet) and hopefully we'll play again sometime soon(we have to chat!!!).

Gogo non turtling Hondas!

Ultimoo said:
marnzors is too goodzors. :p

And he plays him again, lol. But at least he's getting some really good Viper and Yun play outside Wolfkrone, Flash, Latif and the Japanese Yuns (Hsien is probably the best American Yang).

Imm0rt4l

Spiderjericho said:
And he plays him again, lol. But at least he's getting some really good Viper and Yun play outside Wolfkrone, Flash, Latif and the Japanese Yuns (Hsien is probably the best American Yang).
hsien plays yun, don't know who the best yang is though. Rom?

Ultimoo said:
who is considered an easy character to learn? and are trials good indications of the difficulty of combos? lol.
Ryu obviously, unless you don't like shotos. If that's the case, I'd say that Bison or Balrog would be good choices.

As for the trials, Probably only the first 10 or so trials for each character are actually practical for real matches. Anything after those is just for difficulty.

Neki

Professor Beef said:
Ryu obviously, unless you don't like shotos. If that's the case, I'd say that Bison or Balrog would be good choices.

As for the trials, Probably only the first 10 or so trials for each character are actually practical for real matches. Anything after those is just for difficulty.

I tried Ryu for a bit but he didn't seem that interesting. Is Sakura hard? Because she doesn't have a real DP, does that mean she doesn't have good wake-up options?

Ultimoo said:
I tried Ryu for a bit but he didn't seem that interesting. Is Sakura hard? Because she doesn't have a real DP, does that mean she doesn't have good wake-up options?
Her EX DP is great on wakeup, lots of invincibility and fadc-able.

Satyamdas

Banned
gutabo said:
Hey Saty! Long time no see! <3 Hey Renta! I'm not salty anymore! :D

Hey now. Ok, first of all, I just said that he wasn't top tier. Now, I disagree with a lot of things that you just said :( I didn't agree with his tier position in super, since his ranking was mostly boosted because of him "owning" low tier characters but he still lost to many top tier chars. So I don't think he's top tier, but I don't think he's bottom tier at all. And I think Mike Ross does stuff with him that no one else can do(dem reads!). I have to say tho that I haven't played AE that much(I don't own it yet) BUT back in super Dhalsim's anti airs beat Honda's j.MP or traded so that particular nerf + HP/EX headbutt not going through yoga fires anymore(gimmicky but it was an option) + damage nerfs make me think that the sim matchup is worse for him now, even with sim's own nerfs.

And I think the twins beat him. I might be wrong since I almost haven't played AE at all against real opponents using them(or any other character for that matter) but Rufus beating him doesn't give me much hope about super dive kick fighter hong kong edition lol.

Please saty take my word for what it's worth( =nothing, since I don't own the game yet) and hopefully we'll play again sometime soon(we have to chat!!!).

Gogo non turtling Hondas!
Guty you know I <3 you but that bolded part is just not true. Not even close. Anti Airing Honda is always risky because if Sim's AA gets beat he is losing 40% health. Now j.HP and j.HK can be beat most of the time by Sim's AAs, but j.MP if timed right ALWAYS beat Sim's AA attempt. Beat it clean. It would even beat EX Blast clean if timed just right. And in AE I've had Honda's j.MP beat both my b+mp and b+hk clean a ton of times still, to the point where I am just as hesitant to try to AA Honda as I was in Super.

As far as EX and HP headbutt not going through Yoga Fires any more, I think that is offset by Sim's damage nerfs. It literally takes about 5-6 more pokes to finish Honda off than in Super, which means Honda has a lot more chances to get in and rape. If anything I think Sim has a .5-1 advantage over Honda at most.

As far as Honda's overall placement, I don't think he is top tier either, but probably sitting right outside it.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Man, did anyone see that CLUTCH comeback Floe just made against Marn's Dudley with Yang with wake-up Ultra + uppercut bait? Damn that was hilarious.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
If we're talking about marginally FG-related stuff...I have this in my bathroom.

9IST8.jpg

Morris

Disco Devil
WTF at the EVO DS3/Sixaxis ban?

You can still play with the USB cable connected, right? RIGHT?

I'm not going to EVO but i'd be pissed as hell if it was the case...

Morro! said:

Nope. Full ban. Not enough people go to the desyncing stations, so they decided to ban them outright.

Imm0rt4l

Morro! said:

They're banned, they had a lot of problems last year with people pausing games cuz their controllers were synced with ps3s people were playing on. I play with a ds2>usb. I don't like the ds3 triggers.

notworksafe

Morro! said:

Banned and thank god for it. The tourney we ran here last month had people playing with wireless DS3s and HOLYYYYYYY SHHHHIIIIIEEET they were annoying. Messed up rounds for people all over the place from people pressing the home button.

Never again...ugh.

notworksafe

Morro! said:
Yeah i can see it being a serious issue but goddamn, I wouldn't want to give up my loyal sixaxis ;_;
A PS2 controller is pretty close and totally allowed. That's what I expect most people to be using in MK when I play there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom