• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

USD

You know what, fuck T.Hawk. It's like the character was designed to expose me. Condor Dive is incredibly punishable, but if you recognize my patterns, you'll be baiting out normals and Rekkas all the time. And those Dives hurt a lot on counter-hit.

Also, any character with a sliding low normal or special --especially if it's safe with proper spacing-- is automatically +1 in their favor when fighting me.

I feel like I've been playing this for ages but aren't really much better than when I started. I wish I didn't have old-man reactions, despite not being that old.

HiResDes

USD said:
You know what, fuck T.Hawk. It's like the character was designed to expose me. Condor Dive is incredibly punishable, but if you recognize my patterns, you'll be baiting out normals and Rekkas all the time. And those Dives hurt a lot on counter-hit.

Also, any character with a sliding low normal or special --especially if it's safe with proper spacing-- is automatically +1 in their favor when fighting me.

I feel like I've been playing this for ages but aren't really much better than when I started. I wish I didn't have old-man reactions, despite not being that old.
Ditto, except I did bait out a random SPD from a good Gief yesterday and was able to backdash Ultra with Bison for the win (I still use Ultra 1).

USD said:

Ditto. Fuckin hate T.Hawk.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Outside of the occasional safe EX Dive, T Hawk doesn't give me too many problems, though I do eat a lot of empty jump U1s just because I'm an idiot.

I beat T.Hawk most of the time (most of the time, they are scrubby with him). But I just hate dealing with the fear of a command grab....dropping a combo = losing half my life to a mashy T.Hawk. And the fucker has such huge health. I can beat him to a pulp and dizzy him and still lose because I made 1 or 2 wrong guesses.

BotoxAgent said:
I beat T.Hawk most of the time (most of the time, they are scrubby with him). But I just hate dealing with the fear of a command grab....dropping a combo = losing half my life to a mashy T.Hawk. And the fucker has such huge health. I can beat him to a pulp and dizzy him and still lose because I made 1 or 2 wrong guesses.
Once in vanilla, I dizzied a gief and had him down to like 5% life and he killed my chun in one full ultra and 2 SPDs. I felt like shit but in retrospect it was pretty funny.

HiResDes

I don't know if I've gotten worse or if everyone else has just gotten better, but it's quite hard to even stay above 1000PP in AE for whereas in Super I hovered around 2K PP.

_dementia said:
Once in vanilla, I dizzied a gief and had him down to like 5% life and he killed my chun in one full ultra and 2 SPDs. I felt like shit but in retrospect it was pretty funny.

I hate that look on Gief's face during the end of his ultra soooo much, esp. when they finish u off with it. Makes me wanna punch someone's grandma.

rivals

_dementia said:
Ken isn't much different in AE, I don't think.
His Kara throw is still good.
He can now hitconfirm into sweep for an untechable knockdown without meter. <-best change
EX air tatsu no longer hits overhead.

I always forget to tech at kara range ;_;

I lose to all kinds of T. Hawks, high pp, low pp, it doesn't matter. All I know is sooner or later they're going to mash out that ultra and they always land it. Oh and you can't forget that T. Hawk has the most dangerous mix up in the world. First they let you jump in for free(but they block it of course), then you do your block string. Then you have to guess command throw or condor spire. Both are unsafe as hell but they just don't give a fuck and somehow it works most of the time.

I have switched to THawk since the AE DLC switch. I churn that butta baby :)

But for real, it makes the Twins semi honest with the dive kicks. I might go back to Adon before EVO though. Plus I play too much MVC3 lately, heh.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
How does Hakan fare against the twins because of that anti-air ultra? Is it enough?

I don't recall it helping him that much against Rufus in Super, but then again that might have been because he was ass.

Rentahamster said:
How does Hakan fare against the twins because of that anti-air ultra? Is it enough?

I don't recall it helping him that much against Rufus in Super, but then again that might have been because he was ass.
Hakan's U2 gets Yun's lunge punch, DP, and dive kicks. Also gets Yang's dive kicks and his DP (the DP will whiff and U2 will activate). Not sure about the matches themselves, though. I'm seeing a lot of "let them come to you" in the Hakan boards.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
sf2fanatic said:
I like the guile mix..also LOL @ Sagat taunt.

lol man I think we've all done that before. Taunt then proceed to get bodied.

I don't know if I've gotten worse or if everyone else has just gotten better, but it's quite hard to even stay above 1000PP in AE for whereas in Super I hovered around 2K PP.

It's just because AE is still "new". 2000PP is different after the game has been out for a year.

Neki

gah I have no idea why I have such a hard time connecting s.LP(x2) > c.MK on Sakura, the c.MK either never comes out or comes out too late. gosh :(

USD

Surprised no one had picked up fLoE yet, and Momochi and Choco are like a package deal, haha. Congrats to all.

I wonder if Choco will go to EVO now, maybe? I know Momochi is already going.

Oichi said:
Evil Geniuses signed fLoE, Momochi and Chocoblanka!

http://myeg.net/article/article_detail.php?article_id=1147

Wow, I really didn't see that coming. I think this paves the way for Japanese/Asian players to get sponsored more so then when Mad Catz sponsored Daigo. I wonder if this move will change the mindset of more top Japanese players. And yeah like you said USD, where ever one goes, the other goes. They better work on there relationship skills, it would be odd if they broke up now. They're basically the first couple of the FGC.

Ok I got the thumbs up from Skill for an interview at EVO. I already have a lot of unusual questions, but if you guys have any good ones I'll try to ask him.

Professor Beef said:
What questions do you have lined up already?

Mostly non-specific questions about his different jobs, tips for what to look for in matches, internal struggles with capcom teams and characters, being a tie between Capcom USA and Japan, etc. I also have some more specific questions on SF4, SFxT and Marvel, like Oni's battle damage costume and how that came about.

Right now I have about a dozen questions, I'm trying to avoid stuff that he gets asked a lot.

Does he know about Skullgirls? Has he played it? Any chances Capcom could make a small downloadable fighter like it?

Who would he personally love to see in MVC3?

Is Seth a Rival Schools fan?

Did we ever get an official reason for why there's only 4 color choices in MVC3? That still pisses me off. Any hopes of getting that fixed and adding the ability to select the same character more than once?

Does SFxT allow you to pick the same person twice? If not, why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom