• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRE Fei

That marn stream is awesome. Price is right music for his giveaway and everything.

marn.gif

Imm0rt4l

so I was just messing with some different blockstrings to try some counter hit setups for Dudley and I just randomly did 3 ex ducking straights. Being able to do this isn't news, but when I tried doing the kara inputs for this in training mode when AE dropped I was unable to do it. Looks like a lot of FADC combos are about to become obsolete. Dudley a stun king?

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
I've been getting more Mak practice each day. Goddamn is she fun now in AE. I am doing some nice combos and though I still can't get the Fugikages right I will someday. =P

USD

TurtleSnatcher said:
This Option Select Stream.. Good lord.

Awesome Juri and Sakura.
Yeah that was a really good match, nail-biting finish. Daniel almost ran that shit back, good shit on eiSH keeping it together though.

Rocwell

AkumaHokoru said:
That list is lol. the fact that he even cares about anyone's story makes the list worthless.
Yeah, Juri is fine, Hakan is awesome, Gill is pretty bad but gets a pass because he was created to show off the power of the CPS3 by having the colors on his sprites swap when he switches sides. And if you're going to dip into SFEX series there are much worse characters than skullomania like Area.

Here's my list:

1. R Mika - This is just almost offensive.
2. Rufus - Uuuuggggghhhhh why did they have to make such a shitty character so annoying??
3. Sodom - What's in a name?
4. Oro - He is ugly and he only has like one combo without meter.
5. Twelve - I think it's just a step too far, freaks like Necro and Blanka get a pass but get that Cyborg clone shit outta my Street Fighter. Also he is probably the weakest character in the history of SF.

Plus a dishonorable mention for all the headswap characters.

N4Us

Twelve should be at 1 of any bad SF character list.

Would've said 1 of any bad fighting game character list but then I remembered Meat and Mokap from MK.

Zapages

Hey guys,

I just ordered the evo monitor for 160 dollars with a 20 dollar amex rebate from buy.com. So it'll be 140 dollars in the end. :)

-Zapages

vg260

Zapages said:
Hey guys,

I just ordered the evo monitor for 160 dollars with a 20 dollar amex rebate from buy.com. So it'll be 140 dollars in the end. :)

-Zapages

Can you post the model # please?

Number45

_dementia said:
The disc version might have had a small print run. Try online retailers.
I was going to trade a few games in, but you're right I think I might pick it up online in case it goes out of stock and doesn't return. :(

gutabo

Satyamdas said:
Guty you know I <3 you but that bolded part is just not true. Not even close. Anti Airing Honda is always risky because if Sim's AA gets beat he is losing 40% health. Now j.HP and j.HK can be beat most of the time by Sim's AAs, but j.MP if timed right ALWAYS beat Sim's AA attempt. Beat it clean. It would even beat EX Blast clean if timed just right. And in AE I've had Honda's j.MP beat both my b+mp and b+hk clean a ton of times still, to the point where I am just as hesitant to try to AA Honda as I was in Super.

As far as EX and HP headbutt not going through Yoga Fires any more, I think that is offset by Sim's damage nerfs. It literally takes about 5-6 more pokes to finish Honda off than in Super, which means Honda has a lot more chances to get in and rape. If anything I think Sim has a .5-1 advantage over Honda at most.

As far as Honda's overall placement, I don't think he is top tier either, but probably sitting right outside it.
Sorry for the delayed answer Saty, real life has nasty hitboxes/frame advantage. Well, with the damage nerfs honda had I think you're talking about 30% off of a jump in attack. I don't know about jumping MP against sim's AAs, I've had my big share of trades against them, and god knows I love to jump in with honda and try many buttons and timings all the time against everyone. That's a 4-6 matchup for me. Maybe we'll have to agree to disagree here and have something similar to the abel-blanka situation(where most people I know think that their character is at a disadvantage, no matter who they play). I also think Honda's meter management has changed since now if he wants to go for damage he MUST have his one frame link EX hands combos down, giving up EX headbutts in the process. And like I said before, I think his tier placement is really shady, when he has bad matchups against lots of chars above him and you can see how that works at tournaments with lots of top tier play. Anyway, like I said before, most of the AE stuff I'm talking about doesn't matter :(

See you guys soon in gafchat! :D I might get AE next week!

2&2 said:
Thanks. Is there a new one for 2011?
No one knows yet, but they're probably going to be the same. No point in spending money when the past gear works just as well. They used some Alienwares last year because they were sponsored.

Nori Chan

Noriega said:
Can you gafers help me out?

I'm trying to learn Ken just cause I don't want to be stuck with one main (which is Juri). I'm working on Ken with vanilla, but I do have AE. I don't know if there is a major difference with Ken from vanilla and AE, but I'm sure there will be some. I'm fairly new to the fighting scene, even though I own SF, MV3, and MK9. :p

I watch many streams when there isn't much to do. So can you guys hook me up with some BnBs?
Anybody :(

Noriega said:
Ken isn't much different in AE, I don't think.
His Kara throw is still good.
He can now hitconfirm into sweep for an untechable knockdown without meter. <-best change
EX air tatsu no longer hits overhead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom