• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPS2 said:
Sorry if this has been linked already but have you guys seen this? error1 did a mod to give playable character their "boss version" moves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-Z4byMpoUM

And some more stuff from onReload...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3Z_LoTA-s4

If I install that and play online, will I get the boss versions of those 4 if I picked them instead of the normal version? I want to play around with this, but I don't want to go online and piss people off intentionally(although I'd love to do that against friends who don't know about it).

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Professor Beef said:
Shin Oni says "STEP BACK, SON."

Why can't I quit you Professorbeef

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY

wO8Pq.jpg

I just tried it out very briefly and it was GLORIOUS. I'm going to have to go back and replace them though. But I'm going to hold on to the files for fun.

But from what I've gathered, frame data and damage is the same across the board for all 4 characters except there EXTREMELY HEAVILY BUFFED move or two. It sucks though, this is what Evil Ryu should have been the entire time. I don't think he would be that bad if he could cancel teleport into anything, right guys, RIGHT?

CPS2

Rice-Eater said:
If I install that and play online, will I get the boss versions of those 4 if I picked them instead of the normal version? I want to play around with this, but I don't want to go online and piss people off intentionally(although I'd love to do that against friends who don't know about it).

I think you and the opponent have to both have the moves swapped for it to work.

Also not sure on the specifics of frame data etc but probably keep checking those channels as I imagine more videos are on the way.

Degen said:
I'm definitely at the point where I can't win with anyone other than Dat Hawk

stay free, self

Well at least you're winning with someone.

That T.Hawk / Treasure Troll match where Prof.Beef redeemed our honor was quite amazing.

Edit: Rocwell - Treasure Troll:

kyno5.jpg

Imm0rt4l

whats a good stylish/link heavy combo to use on a stunned opponent with dudley? I've always just used: f. mk, (st.lp, st.mp target combo),st. lp, st. rh xxex mgb/jet upper. While I don't always land, I do feel like a boss when I land it, I really start feeling myself and I feel damn near unfuckwithable right when after.

And ggs PSN gaf, full house tonight and tourney/endless was fun.

Cloudius12 said:
ggs PSN gaf, tonight was beast.

Beef Hawk = Best Hawk

TTOB:
As much as awesome U2 is for Hakan, Drop that Ultra for U1.

Yeah, the evidence surely supports that.

I just got used to using it rather effectively in SSF4 on 360. It worked rather well at the time.

You guys are just too damned good!

Played some non GAF matches in my skill level and learned some good stuff. What's safe. What's not. What has priority and what will trade.

THE GOOD PART OF THE ROAD I'M ON IS IT'S ALL OILY AND EASY TO EASE ON DOWN! :D

My execution in this game is still rubbish though.

Tonight I was getting an oil slide going from crouching to F+MP for the shoulder charge; and I'll still get an unwanted random Oil Rocket when I go for an Oil Slide. I'm just going to have to deal with it, this is the only game I have that problem. I'll flub moves every once in a while in KoF12, BB:CS, SF3, or SFA3; but never as badly as I do here. Ah well.

It's sort of fun. D:

Rice-Eater said:
I should have been there to witness the tears :(

He's lite salt.

He did rather well. Strong showings from both his FLong and Makoto. :)

I also just realized - U2 has now made me susceptible to the pump fake like I was in the NBA or something. D:

SamVimes

Fuck, i'm this close to quitting this game: i have a lot of fun with it but my stick broke 3 times in the last couple of weeks, now the buttons (all of them) stopped working. I don't have the money to buy a TE and i can't keep fixing this fucker every day.

SamVimes said:
Fuck, i'm this close to quitting this game: i have a lot of fun with it but my stick broke 3 times in the last couple of weeks, now the buttons (all of them) stopped working. I don't have the money to buy a TE and i can't keep fixing this fucker every day.

What kind of parts are you using and what stick?

I refitted a Madcrapz SE stick with Seimitsu / Sanwa parts and it's been pretty reliable. I've even kicked it's ass (punching the daylights out of it) out of rage and it's still ticking. I did steer away from Seimitsu buttons though as one of them died on me in an unacceptably short period of time (before I hate crimed the stick).

SamVimes

A datel which i got as a gift a year ago, now the parts are all sanwa because i changed them all a week ago. Two days ago the pc stopped recognizing it randomly so i opened the wire and found out that a couple of wires were broken, i soldered them and it seemed perfectly fine for a day. Of course yesterday happened the same thing, only the stick keeps working while the buttons don't.

SamVimes said:
A datel which i got as a gift a year ago, now the parts are all sanwa because i changed them all a week ago. Two days ago the pc stopped recognizing it randomly so i opened the wire and found out that a couple of wires were broken, i soldered them and it seemed perfectly fine for a day. Of course yesterday happened the same thing, only the stick keeps working while the buttons don't.

Wow, that's really weird.

Wire is cheap enough at Radio Shack. Have you considered just overhauling all the wiring? I would be a relatively inexpensive solution if you've already invested the money in quality parts.

This is assuming the contacts are easy enough to solder to.

For that matter if you really want to there's always the custom circuit board route and they tend to be completely solder free.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
soo I'm going to start playing AE on PC starting tomorrow and I'm in desperate need of a sparring partner with as flawless connection as humanly possible. I'm in sweden, with that in mind is there anyone out there?

Corky

Heavy's Sandvich said:
I thought I could fill that void.

Apparently not.

you know I got nothing but love and am always up for games but the connection between us is far from great.

Corky

Heavy's Sandvich said:
We haven't tried on pc yet.

Give me one more chance.

oh damn I totally forgot mate, for some reason I chalked up our 360 matches as pc matches even though I haven't touched AE on pc at home.

SamVimes

Corky said:
soo I'm going to start playing AE on PC starting tomorrow and I'm in desperate need of a sparring partner with as flawless connection as humanly possible. I'm in sweden, with that in mind is there anyone out there?
I'm probably gonna fix the problem (temporarily, till i get a new wire) today, so i'm up.
I don't know about my connection but i think it's decent considering that i played against a couple of random american guys and it ran flawlessly.

Degen

Cloudius12 said:
ggs PSN gaf, tonight was beast.

Beef Hawk = Best Hawk

TTOB:
As much as awesome U2 is for Hakan, Drop that Ultra for U1.
I wanted a FOR SERIOUS mirror with that guy but he switched to Oni on me, lol. I went into a Caps Lock rage. Then again, I lose that mirror at least half the time

feelin' ready for gafbats, but ohhh man. gouken. His diagonal projectiles taste so good that I cannot stop eating them

notworksafe

Sorry I missed your Endless, Rocwell. I only saw your invite as I was heading to bed. Next time, count me in!

I'm bummed I missed a chance to play against that hater TTOB's Hakan. :p

Rocwell

notworksafe said:
Sorry I missed your Endless, Rocwell. I only saw your invite as I was heading to bed. Next time, count me in!

It's no biggie, I saw you were playing VS mode earlier on in the night so I figured you had company over or some such. Do you have an invite to the SF Gaf chatroom? I don't think I've seen you on there and it's fun to get matches in with the regulars.

Domstercool

Corky said:

Getting it on PC tomorrow, and live in UK! Although not very good, I'd like to fight anyone who wants to fight! Need practice as I plan to go to SuperVsBattle, just to have some fun really.

notworksafe said:

I played a Juri last night.

Scrub character player had the match set to 30 seconds and one round.

Fortunately I had the health advantage at the end of the round because of Oil Power!

LakeEarth

The Take Out Bandit said:
I played a Juri last night.

Scrub character player had the match set to 30 seconds and one round.

Fortunately I had the health advantage at the end of the round because of Oil Power!
Beating these guys before the 30 seconds is up is one the best feelings in the world.

Number45

_dementia said:
What's the purpose of 1 round, 30 seconds? Tenpeat trophy?
I assume to catch you by surprise and sneak a win, I never used to check the specifics when I played - got caught out by it so many times. :'(

notworksafe

The Take Out Bandit said:
Yeah, now that I know Juri players are such shady characters I just filtered out those matches. 99 seconds, best of three or GTFO! :D
:( I take no responsibility for the wack players who play my characters.

I really need to play someone other than Juri or Ken.

And Roc, I think I'm in the PSN chat. I'll have to check when I get home to see if I lost it when I swapped to a new HDD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom