• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hitsugi

_dementia said:
meterless combo into full ultra is hot.
how difficult is it to nad the launcher though?
can you link launcher after a command grab?
It's simple, but command grab into launch is character specific I believe

hitting the launcher by itself is going to take some doing if it was like third strike. i think counterhit dive to launcher will work raw on some chars. other chars you might just be able to slip one in after command throw.

Skilotonn said:
Good to see you back Kuma - I take it that your time-off plus Blanka's reduction to, well, nothing has changed your view about poor Blanka.

Nope. Fuck that monkey glad he got sodomized with the nerf stick

Infinite Justice said:
more interested in his take on Honda now :lol

The days of losing to dumb honda shit are over. that foam helmet works nicely.

zlatko said:
That was def. the best Yang play I've seen. It's just weird that he got beat up that bad in each round as Yang against Blanka who is ass. I really think Yang is NOT going to end up in even top 5. Yun def. has that potential, but Yang seems like a crapper version of Fei Long in a lot of ways.

Yang's mixup is way better.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Rice-Eater said:
Ok guys it's official, I'm on Xbox Live. I figured instead of waiting till next year to get my income tax check to get all the stuff, I could just charge it on credit right now and wait for the income tax check to pay it off whenever I do get it. I must say doing all the update, going through all the menus, recovering my name(from Games For Windows) and adding Xbox Live through a redeem code was one giant pain in the ass. I think it took me like 40 minutes to go through the entire process.

But oh well, I'm finally in and this is my gamertag if you want to add me, RiceEater483.

I won't be able to play SSF4 just yet though. I ordered that along with a Hori VLX and won't receive it till Friday. I figured if I was going to get a new stick, I might as well go all out with no regrets. I must say though, I left it on the "place order" page for 4 hours before clicking it to confirm my order. That was pretty nerve wrecking but there is no turning back now. Hopefully I run into some of you Xbox regulars this weekend.

OH SHIT.
TimedogGAF.
I'mma get in that ass.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
AkumaHokoru said:
Nope. Fuck that monkey glad he got sodomized with the nerf stick

The days of losing to dumb honda shit are over. that foam helmet works nicely.

Damn, no sympathy even when they've hit rock bottom - that's cold. :lol

I'll be playing them a bit less than usual, Blanka moreso, but I still won't completely desert them though.

Infinite Justice said:
more interested in his take on Honda now :lol

No reliable AA anymore and jumping MP lost its great priority - on a charge character is even worse than the damage reduction to Headbutt - they kinda went overboard with everything.

Akuma seems to happy as shit with that though... :lol

hitsugi

Kinda silly to compare yang and fei long.. They have completely different play styles and Yang has potential to be extremely strong with a variety of mix ups

..and like I said, he's just not as simple as Yun, so you may not see his potential immediately because yang can't sit on dive kick -> c.mp and win

Skilotonn said:
Damn, no sympathy even when they've hit rock bottom - that's cold. :lol

I'll be playing them a bit less than usual, Blanka moreso, but I still won't completely desert them though.

No reliable AA anymore and jumping MP lost its great priority - on a charge character is even worse than the damage reduction to Headbutt - they kinda went overboard with everything.

Akuma seems to happy as shit with that though... :lol

Blanka and Honda nerfs =

155ks29.gif

Timedog said:
OH SHIT.
TimedogGAF.
I'mma get in that ass.

Still salty about getting 10-2'd :p

Timedog said:
Actually, if you use the same sign in as on PC, I should already be on your list Rice.

Yep it's the same as my GFW tag, but you played as Chickeny Dinner and not TimedogGAF. Funny thing is you're not in my friends list. I guess we only added each other to play casuals and never to each others friends list, maybe?

But yeah, we gotta run it back. You whooped my ass last time when I was still learning stick. No excuses this time around, it's on and your ass is mine this time.

BotoxAgent said:
Blanka and Honda nerfs =

To add to the delicious nerfs, Balrog's moving Jf/b Fierce Punch hitbox got nerfed and his damage/headbutt recovery is so ugly now :lol

Jav1ts on SRK said:
as a balrog main for 2 years.. these changes feel really bad.. i whiffed a jab headbutt through seth's fireball and he was still able to jump off the wall and dive kick me REALLY late and i couldnt block.

Hopefully he and Honda lose lower body projectile invincibility on some of their jump normals too. Rog's jump fierce pissed me off to no end when I used to play Guile and he literally would jump through my Sonic Booms.

And yes, I do irrationally hate Balrog. Have since I started playing SF, despite his awesome SFII stage and theme music. I'm not a huge fan of nerfs, but anything to make Balrog worse than Dan is A-OK to me. Hate him more than any version of Blanka even.

God's Beard said:
OH, I get it! Rice-Eater, Riceata.

Wait, "Best Blanka" Riceata??

:lol

Nah, wrong guy. That's Asian-Canadian Riceta, I'm Asian-American Rice-Eater(RiceEater483 on GFW/Live because every variation of Rice Eater without numbers was taken). If I was that Riceta, trust me I would have been like "hey look at me, look at me, I'm a bad bad man".

And I don't play Blanka either, I main Shoto's(Ryu/Ken). Yeah I know, but hopefully I can provide a different flavor of Ryu compared to Eissan and Timedog.

black_vegeta said:
Here's some AE Mago Fei gameplay. It's posted on Tokido's YT page.

Mago (Feilong) VS Inoue (Yun)

Tight fight. They're both pokey characters. Mago used the low strong to stuff a few dive kicks. Yun's combos are ridiculous. And the ex dash fist is like a free get in to close distance.

And I'd leave to hear the results of the Timedawg/Rice runbacks.

Rice-Eater said:

Nah, wrong guy. That's Asian-Canadian Riceta, I'm Asian-American Rice-Eater(RiceEater483 on GFW/Live because every variation of Rice Eater without numbers was taken). If I was that Riceta, trust me I would have been like "hey look at me, look at me, I'm a bad bad man".

And I don't play Blanka either, I main Shoto's(Ryu/Ken). Yeah I know, but hopefully I can provide a different flavor of Ryu compared to Eissan and Timedog.

Do you mash lp srk on wakeup?

If not, then you will provide.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Rice-Eater said:
Still salty about getting 10-2'd :p

Yep it's the same as my GFW tag, but you played as Chickeny Dinner and not TimedogGAF. Funny thing is you're not in my friends list. I guess we only added each other to play casuals and never to each others friends list, maybe?

But yeah, we gotta run it back. You whooped my ass last time when I was still learning stick. No excuses this time around, it's on and your ass is mine this time.

I changed my Gamertag but still have the same account/friends. I might have deleted you though once Super came out since I stopped playing on PC.

Threi

notag
Killa Sasa said:
To add to the delicious nerfs, Balrog's moving Jf/b Fierce Punch hitbox got nerfed and his damage/headbutt recovery is so ugly now :lol.
now that is something that calls for party time :D

keep-the-jeep-ridin-to9bik.gif

fuck rog. Rog players have it so incredibly easy on both offense (braindead easy hitconfirms, crazy damage output) and defense (fucked up hitboxes, high health, nothing horribly unsafe).

Not to say that he should be nerfed to hell...but he doesn't have any real defined weaknesses that offset his strengths. (Bad wakeup? Blocking benefits rog more than any other char in the game)

black_vegeta said:
Do you mash lp srk on wakeup?

Yes, occasionally, if I notice my opponent is being too aggressive on my wake up. Gotta show them I will do it if they don't back off. But I don't spam it if that's what you mean.

Timedog said:
Yo, what's beef???

It's whats for dinner

Rice-Eater said:
Yes, occasionally, if I notice my opponent is being too aggressive on my wake up. Gotta show them I will do it if they don't back off. But I don't spam it if that's what you mean.
Yeah, I meant spam.

Killa Sasa said:
All good. I look forward to playing you down dat road.

Hopefully he and Honda lose lower body projectile invincibility on some of their jump normals too. Rog's jump fierce pissed me off to no end when I used to play Guile and he literally would jump through my Sonic Booms.

And yes, I do irrationally hate Balrog. Have since I started playing SF, despite his awesome SFII stage and theme music. I'm not a huge fan of nerfs, but anything to make Balrog worse than Dan is A-OK to me. Hate him more than any version of Blanka.even.

I sense hate.

As far as the Javits comment, just don't headbutt thru projectiles...problem solved. I rarely do that myself. If you whiff headbutt, then you should be punished.

Timedog said:
I changed my Gamertag but still have the same account/friends. I might have deleted you though once Super came out since I stopped playing on PC.

Ok, gotcha. And I was about to do the same thing, which is delete old GFW people so I have more space for Xbox Live people.

I just noticed I had 3 people on my friends list from Brazil. Man I remember playing so many laggy matches against them on SF4 PC. If Capcom ever releases AE on PC I look forward to running into them again.

eissan

Rice-Eater said:

we gotta play! I gotta see if any of the ryu's on gaf are godlike cause I got blown up by air pretty good in evo online :(. need all the practice I can get.

eissan said:
we gotta play! I gotta see if any of the ryu's on gaf are godlike cause I got blown up by air pretty good in evo online :(. need all the practice I can get.

I'm definitely not godlike, if anything I'd say I'm probably on the same level as you and Dog are. But yeah, we definitely gotta play. I'll have my stick and game tomorrow so maybe sometime this weekend. It is Xmas weekend so I'm sure it won't be easy for any of us to get away and hop on Live but we'll see.

As for most godlike, I'd say SephRK is the best Ryu I've played on PSN. Ryu is his secondary, but dude is still hitting 1 frame links in the 1 bar(and extremely laggy) matches that we played. Really blew me away how he could play so well under those conditions.

black_vegeta said:
I sense hate.

As far as the Javits comment, just don't headbutt thru projectiles...problem solved. I rarely do that myself. If you whiff headbutt, then you should be punished.

I am hating :D

Seriously though, I think I like everything about Balrog except the actual character. Even his alts are badass, I'd say they're better Fei's and Dudley's.

Killa Sasa said:
I am hating :D

Seriously though, I think I like everything about Balrog except the actual character. Even his alts are badass, I'd say they're better Fei's and Dudley's.

:D

PR Rog is dropping Rawg after 2 hours of playing AE Rawg? So what is going to become PR Chun and PR Honda?

What a hoe. These "nerfs" are not that dramatic. Change your style to fit dem "nerfs."

DR2K

Banned
So Cammy isn't sounding very good. In fact she sounds very fucking boring. Drill is nerfed, spike is nerfed, strike is nerfed, hooligan and backfist still don't exist. The trade off for this was slightly better normals.

Things are so bad for her match up wise that potentially her best match up(Sim) may end up a bad match up for her. :lol

All Rufus got was the ultra like damage being removed from ex snake strike and his unnecessary ultra 2 not getting all hits in the air. Then they introduced the broken twins.

Rocwell said:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=24835027&postcount=19830

Come on Rice just own up and embrace the wake up DP. :lol

You're just salty that the last match we'll ever play, I won. And now I'm leaving the world of PSN forever, so you can't hurt me anymore. But not before, I do one last thing, which is upload the matches of me beating you before I say my final farewell :p

Ok but seriously it's situational. I'll spam DP if I just don't give a fuck, but when I play to win(tournaments, GAF Ranbat, or just taking online seriously), I avoid doing it too often. I really enjoyed the PSN gang though, I'll probably drag my PS3 back to my room sometimes so we can still play.

DR2K said:
So Cammy isn't sounding very good. In fact she sounds very fucking boring. Drill is nerfed, spike is nerfed, strike is nerfed, hooligan and backfist still don't exist. The trade off for this was slightly better normals.

Things are so bad for her match up wise that potentially her best match up(Sim) may end up a bad match up for her. :lol

All Rufus got was the ultra like damage being removed from ex snake strike and his unnecessary ultra 2 not getting all hits in the air. Then they introduced the broken twins.

I don't know if she'll be bad - I think she might actually end up pretty solid even - but I doubt she will be as fun to play. It's sounds like it's going to be counterhit fishing all day basically, and going for big hit confirms off crouch jab and such. She's probably gonna be a lot more grounded too :/

Think she'll be a bit more homogenized with the rest of the cast, if you know what I mean. Hope I'm wrong, I only found a couple other characters who were fun to play IMO (and they weren't as much as old Cammy).

But since she's basically a new character, I think training mode has to be exhausted before I call it quits on her. I'm definitely going to give it a run and see what exactly works. Main thing that'll suck is relearning how to use her regular divekicks when AE drops, since apparently you just whiff air normals if you do it too early; negative edge will be the way to go, and that's gonna be weird at first.

And I don't see Sim becoming thaaaaaaaaaat bad for her. Knock his ass down and go to town again, it'll just take a lot of walking, blocking and some more ingenuity than it used to. And random arrow to tag a limb FTW :D Zoning is pretty hard in this game (and apparently it got worse), so I can see it still being in her advantage. Won't know until I play it though :p

Thinking about it more, her worst nerf is probably the HK Arrow one. That's incredibly dumb, no range on that mother anymore. Will be much harder to stay in someone's grill, and if you miss a link, I can see a lot of cases where you are too far to even FADC it, unless they somehow let you cancel the second hit too. Hurts the cr mk xx arrow buffer too, which was a good footsies tool. Gotta be pretty close for the second hit from what I've seen.

Gonna deal though. My friend beasts people regularly with Super Gen, this won't be nearly as hard.

Oh yeah, a little OT: Guile can't catch a break. Gilley was saying he got counter hit in Sonic Boom recovery ala Dee Jay's Air Slasher:/

He really didn't need to be nerfed.

-PXG-

I wish I had more people to play with IRL. Online has lag and delay. Fighting against the CPU on Hardest is just a joke. It's pretty much effortless. It's not nearly a sufficient way to practice and get better at the game.

Threi said:
now that is something that calls for party time :D

fuck rog. Rog players have it so incredibly easy on both offense (braindead easy hitconfirms, crazy damage output) and defense (fucked up hitboxes, high health, nothing horribly unsafe).

Not to say that he should be nerfed to hell...but he doesn't have any real defined weaknesses that offset his strengths. (Bad wakeup? Blocking benefits rog more than any other char in the game)

He'll still be a problem for you good sir.

Unless you pickup Guile and all your Rawg matchup issues will be resolved.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
black_vegeta said:
It's whats for dinner

Oh, you wanna go in, my dude? Ryu will spread mayonnaise between those buttcheeks, top it off with an XXL pickle, and make a sandwich out of Balrog's black ass. I'll have Rog beat up and queefing plasma for weeks.

Threi

notag
black_vegeta said:
He'll still be a problem for you good sir.

Unless you pickup Guile and all your Rawg matchup issues will be resolved.
Deej's faster slide and quicker fireball recovery will help a TON in the matchup.

But yeah hes not SSF4 guile though.

Sonic Boom!
Backfist!
Backfist!
Sonic Boom!
Sonic Boom!
Backfist!
low fierce!
You Win!

-PXG-

Timedog said:
Oh, you wanna go in, my dude? Ryu will spread mayonnaise between those buttcheeks, top it off with an XXL pickle, and make a sandwich out of Balrog's black ass. I'll have Rog beat up and queefing plasma for weeks.

Dartastic

Timedog said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol

Threi said:
Deej's faster slide and quicker fireball recovery will help a TON in the matchup.

But yeah hes not SSF4 guile though.

Sonic Boom!
Backfist!
Backfist!
Sonic Boom!
Sonic Boom!
Backfist!
low fierce!
You Win!

Exactly. The full of win formula.

I have nothing to do for a few hours so I look for some Poongko videos. It turns out he had a FT10 with Infiltration(3rd at Evo 2010). All I will say is that this is by far the fastest FT10 I've ever seen between top players, ever. It does help that the characters involved are the lowest health characters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n809p_yaYfk

Solune

Rice-Eater said:
You're just salty that the last match we'll ever play, I won. And now I'm leaving the world of PSN forever, so you can't hurt me anymore. But not before, I do one last thing, which is upload the matches of me beating you before I say my final farewell :p

Ok but seriously it's situational. I'll spam DP if I just don't give a fuck, but when I play to win(tournaments, GAF Ranbat, or just taking online seriously), I avoid doing it too often. I really enjoyed the PSN gang though, I'll probably drag my PS3 back to my room sometimes so we can still play.

You dodged my challenge to prepare for your tourney and then you up and leave, ffffffffffff youuuuuu.

Killa Sasa said:
I don't know if she'll be bad - I think she might actually end up pretty solid even - but I doubt she will be as fun to play. .

that's why I hate these Cammy nerfs....not because she may be low tier, but these changes just totally suck out all the things that made her cool and fun to play--not to mention it made her a character that required above average thinking and execution to win. If her strength now is fishing for counterhits and doing easy frame traps with her normals, it sounds pretty lame to me because you might as well throw her with the likes of Rog, Cody, Rose, etc. (and I find most of those characters pretty meh to watch and play).

Rice Eater, Ill add you man

Rice-Eater said:

I'm play XBL also, if you want to play :lol

Threi

notag
well if anyone is joining the glorious gaf xbl training program then just click this url and join in the fun, and level up in the process :)

http://miburl.com/xRMsMo

Just ask Joekage and DBJoseph, two graduates of the GAF XBL level up program. Before they were free like vexco, now they are beastin on peeps like nobody's business :D

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Threi said:
well if anyone is joining the glorious gaf xbl training program then just click this url and join in the fun, and level up in the process :)

http://miburl.com/xRMsMo

Just ask Joekage and DBJoseph, two graduates of the GAF XBL level up program. Before they were free like vexco, now they are beastin on peeps like nobody's business :D

They are still not Relix-tier.

o.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom