• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Killa Sasa said:
Any of you GAF-heads going to Evo this year?

AZ Greg was in my pool last year and I didn't even see him TBH D:

I'll be far freer this year but 4 wins to get outta pools should be really doable.

Edit: lol, good shit Prof. Beef with those sweet empty jump ultras. Gotta love it.
Rice Eater, God's Beard and I are going.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Best GAF Hawk doing his thing.

It's always nice seeing people I've played with in tourney streams. It's like OMG, I against him before!

Speaking of the Lord himself. I found some new technology. And by new, I mean I never saw anybody do it before. But don't take my word for it since I don't go watching every YT or stream there is. All I need is one hit. :)

It's early morning and I'm bored so I'm going to test out the stream with some special effects. Yarp.

zlatko

Banned
Anyone ever found some practical Yang super combos? The ones Desk put out are a bit impractical.

I found if you get your opponent into the corner,activate, then just do a level 2 or 3 focus, and then repeatedly do level 2 focus dash over and over you get almost 400 damage, plus you can toss an ultra 1 or 2 at the end for some extra measure if you think you can kill them.

My other decent set up is jump HP, stand Hp, cancel before second hit into medium Palm, cancel medium punch palm into super, and go into fierce mantis slash. It's at this point you want to keep doing fierce mantis slashes, but only one at a time so that it keeps comboing, but never knocks them down since you are only doing 1 rep while the shadows keep the combo going so you don't drop it. At the end of this you can also go into ultra 1 or 2 if done and spaced right.

I'm surprised no one found a 600+ damage one that is super easy to do and confirm into.

Calibrated

Neo Member
zlatko said:
Anyone ever found some practical Yang super combos? The ones Desk put out are a bit impractical.

I found if you get your opponent into the corner,activate, then just do a level 2 or 3 focus, and then repeatedly do level 2 focus dash over and over you get almost 400 damage, plus you can toss an ultra 1 or 2 at the end for some extra measure if you think you can kill them.

My other decent set up is jump HP, stand Hp, cancel before second hit into medium Palm, cancel medium punch palm into super, and go into fierce mantis slash. It's at this point you want to keep doing fierce mantis slashes, but only one at a time so that it keeps comboing, but never knocks them down since you are only doing 1 rep while the shadows keep the combo going so you don't drop it. At the end of this you can also go into ultra 1 or 2 if done and spaced right.

I'm surprised no one found a 600+ damage one that is super easy to do and confirm into.

In the corner you can get well over 400 damage by just doing cr.mp > dash > cr.mp over and over, at the end of the combo you can do a mantis slash and then link it into ultra 2. I think thats what nemo uses most often but you rarely see yangs using seiei enbu because of the cool resets you can do with fadc...

Midscreen you can do cl.fp > teleport > cl.fp repeatedly but im not sure of the damage on that one, might be rubbish :( I kinda went back to Ryu because im weak lol but Yang is great fun.

Edit: You can also hit confirm ultra 2 from a seiei enbu overhead!

zlatko

Banned
Calibrated said:
In the corner you can get well over 400 damage by just doing cr.mp > dash > cr.mp over and over, at the end of the combo you can do a mantis slash and then link it into ultra 2. I think thats what nemo uses most often but you rarely see yangs using seiei enbu because of the cool resets you can do with fadc...

Midscreen you can do cl.fp > teleport > cl.fp repeatedly but im not sure of the damage on that one, might be rubbish :( I kinda went back to Ryu because im weak lol but Yang is great fun.

Edit: You can also hit confirm ultra 2 from a seiei enbu overhead!

I'll have to check the numbers myself later on, but yeah I'm just tinkering around with finding some good easy to hit confirm ways, and while his FADC stuff is solid to get them into resets, it'd be nice to unlock the full potential of the Super to be able to finish fights easier like Yun does with Genei Jin.

That over head into Ultra 2 while in Super is news to me and that's something people will have to be really afraid of when he activates it.

Calibrated

Neo Member
zlatko said:
I'll have to check the numbers myself later on, but yeah I'm just tinkering around with finding some good easy to hit confirm ways, and while his FADC stuff is solid to get them into resets, it'd be nice to unlock the full potential of the Super to be able to finish fights easier like Yun does with Genei Jin.

That over head into Ultra 2 while in Super is news to me and that's something people will have to be really afraid of when he activates it.

Just did 574dmg in training mode with cl.hp xx m palm xx seiei enbu > cr.mp dash cr.mp etc then finish it with ultra or a medium dp. It takes a bit of practice but would be a good punish in the corner.

Imm0rt4l

Naar said:
I just posted this in the MvC3 thread but its relevant here as well.

Daigo will be coming to Kuwait to play against Kuwait's MvC3 and SF4 players. He sent a video to the Kuwaitis and I hope to see what you all think of their skill against him after he comes.

Here is his message:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk33VgVx3Xc
I remember Daigo said the best guy player he's fought was in Kuwait, can't remember his name though.

USD

DryEyeRelief said:
Naw I want to continue to throw rocks behind a wall like a true computer recluse would.

Stay free Mr.SNK.
Haha.

That is kind of fucked up with the teams that had no intention of going. I guess they could have changed their minds if they won, but still. Not really possible at the last two qualifiers, as you have to have a valid passport (or proof of application) just to enter the tournament.

Imm0rt4l

Mr. Snk earned his spot legitimatetly, he probably doesn't deserve the spot(but this is hella subjective anyways) , but he's a legit player. Their may be some credence to synergy being important, but it sure as hell didn't seem like they had much yesterday, but we can probably chalk that up to a bad day really since having someone pick up your slack with nothing much in return is hardly 'synergy'. Perhaps they have some going on when snk is at his best.

Rentahamster said:

1zx1fk5.jpg

Back in the first GAF Kadey sponsored team tournament Fubar joked about how he was being called a killer because he was carried to SBO, it's nothing new and it's nothing to bitch over. The people moaning are the people who were bitching about Mike carrying his team when he lost clean to team Long Hair in losers semis (I think, I was in quite the stupor at the time) and it was champ who won them through to the finals.

I think people just don't have a clue how team tournaments work.

It seems that all players are untouchable. You say something untoward and you get accused of being a retard, a recluse, a person who knows nothing and everything else under the sun.

In reply to Art's tweet, no-one who appreciates fighting games wants anyone to throw a match at all. We want each player to beat one another fair and square. People are calling for Mike Ross to replace SNK because SNK just didn't turn up last night. He was carried to a ticket to Japan. So be it, in a sense, you had an off day and luckily your team-mate stepped up.

Satyamdas

Banned
Heavy's Sandvich said:
It seems that all players are untouchable. You say something untoward and you get accused of being a retard, a recluse, a person who knows nothing and everything else under the sun.

In reply to Art's tweet, no-one who appreciates fighting games wants anyone to throw a match at all. We want each player to beat one another fair and square. People are calling for Mike Ross to replace SNK because SNK just didn't turn up last night. He was carried to a ticket to Japan. So be it, in a sense, you had an off day and luckily your team-mate stepped up.
No. Stream monsters are shitting on SNK because they are fucking morons. Art is right and stream monsters are retarded, as per usual. I'm sorry dude, but as much as I love me some Mike Bawse, if he would have stepped up and beat Latif when it counted then he and Champ would be going to SBO. Since he didn't, the superior team is going.

Dealwithit.gif goes here.

And even if someone tried to send Mike Ross on some underhanded shady shit, I am quite certain he would decline that shit. Dude is classy like that. Stay free, stream monster morans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom