• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
notworksafe said:
:(

So who from GAF is going? Myself and GalacticAE will be there for sure. We should have a meet-up!

This is my first EVO so I'm not sure when would be the best time, or the best spot.

Myself and DBJoesesph are also going. I think black vegeta was suppose to go to.

Imm0rt4l

Rice-Eater said:
Myself and DBJoesesph are also going. I think black vegeta was suppose to go to.
Last I heard he isn't going anymore, good luck guys and if you go 0-2 have fun anyways, play some sf x tekken or hit up a strip joint or something. God I'm so pissed I can't go this year.

Morris

Disco Devil
Imm0rt4l said:
I <3 the psn gfqs chatroom, so many good players talking shit. But their is one dude in their in particular, a friend of mine who trolls regularly. He was popping off about how his gen is GDLK, and I had to humble his ass. He's a gen player, and I always thought he was solid, but in reality after playing a gen like Cloudius and some other good gens, I realize how wack this guy Illusoyun actually is and how little I knew the matchup before. He's pretty free actually, he can barely keep his head above 1500 pp as much ranked as he plays and he wants to call me free lol. Maybe I'll have to bring a good gen player into one of our fights so he can xcopy his style.

rofl i know that guy, beat his ass with yun only on some random endless, and everyone here knows that my yun is ass. Didn't know he was a troll. And yeah, Cloud got dat sick Gen

Imm0rt4l

Morro! said:
rofl i know that guy, beat his ass with yun only on some random endless, and everyone here knows that my yun is ass. Didn't know he was a troll. And yeah, Cloud got dat sick Gen
yea, he taunts like every round which isn't really a problem, I just go in. It's when he beats you after say losing 9 straight that he starts talking shit lol. He changed his psn profile message to say "Godhand's a bytch". Just doing my part, and your not the only wack yun around :( . Speaking of which I played the ranked 3 yun today twice, he played a good game and it was fun. But I've realized that the majority of the top 10 yun are not better than you or I. I'm looking for the 4-5kpp yuns, but it doesn't seem that their are that many who play regularly enough that I can follow their replays.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Back when I played a lot of UMK3 on DS I ran into a dude named "YouWillDC" who just sat at the character select screen without picking someone (stupidly, that version of the game didn't limit how much time you could spend on the character select screen for online matches). But I was like "nah son, fuck that" and just sat my DS on my desk while I did stuff, and he still didn't DC. So I plugged my DS into my wall and just went to bed. When I woke up, he had DC'd.

Me ftw.

Imm0rt4l

I got called a scrub for beating a guy with Yun, in ranked. I challenged him to a ft10(using other characters), he calls me trash but accepts anyways....He doesn't win any matches. I would say ggs, but that would be disingenuous. He asked me why play Yun? Now I think the twins are op just like the next guy, but I don't understand why people have to care which character I play. I'd play Yun even if he was mid tier. A balance to this game can't come soon enough.

eventhubs is such a sensationalist site:

2sbpctd.jpg

in comparison:

27xibcx.jpg

Imm0rt4l said:
I got called a scrub for beating a guy with Yun, in ranked. I challenged him to a ft10(using other characters), he calls me trash but accepts anyways....He doesn't win any matches. I would say ggs, but that would be disingenuous. He asked me why play Yun? Now I think the twins are op just like the next guy, but I don't understand why people have to care which character I play. I'd play Yun even if he was mid tier. A balance to this game can't come soon enough.
Gawd tier using scum.

USD

Imm0rt4l said:
Flash doing well protecting the Russian skies . I have a feeling that Flash didn't pick up gief because he legitimately just liked the character but because he's tired of living in wolfkrones shadow, I could be wrong though.
I really don't think that's it. Flash has been tired of Viper for a long time. I thought he was going to default to Makoto, but he's been doing really well with Zangief.

Imm0rt4l

black_vegeta said:
Gawd tier using scum.
Dealwithit.gif
USD said:
I really don't think that's it. Flash has been tired of Viper for a long time. I thought he was going to default to Makoto, but he's been doing really well with Zangief.
I see, him being a gg player and maining viper, I just expected him to pick a character who sorta played to his talents I guess.

SmokeMaxX

Imm0rt4l said:
Flash doing well protecting the Russian skies . I have a feeling that Flash didn't pick up gief because he legitimately just liked the character but because he's tired of living in wolfkrones shadow, I could be wrong though.
Story around Texas is that he got beasted on by a Texas gief and that inspired him.

Joekage

Played on XBL today. Trying to learn how to zone better so I just stuck to my standard Ryu game. Did well in that aspect but could not for the life of me setup any legitimate counter hit setups. I've never seen so many low shorts on wakeup by a group of players. My timing was all off to blow that shit up. Makes you salty when you know they're mashing cr tech and you can't seem to time a counter hit setup exactly right. Oh well, I did blow up Sanford's Yun haha and Henry Cen's Honda/Yun :0

Imm0rt4l said:

this is why I hate tier listings. Most of the time they don't really apply to everyone, but they use it as an excuse instead of admitting they lost to a better player.

I know I am a shitty player.

TGMIII

Domstercool said:
Fun :) just need to get better or I aren't gonna win a match at SvB :p

You'll be fine at SvB you don't really need to worry until you get to the top 32, as I found out at every major European event I went to, unless you get a horrible group.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Mike Ross said:
You know, all of the players out there that compete regularly in tournaments and show dedication are most supportive for each other and the American players. I got nothing but love for the international players, but it sickens me to my stomach to see these armchair conquistadors post how bad America will get bodied. These are the same pieces of fecal matter that said I'd get bodied in Australia. I broke top 10 and was one of two Americans that went, and I'm ass...that's a given. People act like Ricky Ortiz didn't get 2nd at evo last year above the rest of the international competition. You hating anti-scene building frauds are the main reason why I'll be cheering EG.Justin Wong on when he pops off against tokido in mvc3 at evo. EADYFF

Mike "Salty" Ross

Imm0rt4l

prodystopian said:
Anyone friends with Mike Ross on FB? He said on Twitter he posted a note, but I don't' feel like waiting for a FR to go through.

Titled "Thank you for playing! Pfft..."
Mike Ross said:
You know, all of the players out there that compete regularly in tournaments and show dedication are most supportive for each other and the American players. I got nothing but love for the international players, but it sickens me to my stomach to see these armchair conquistadors post how bad America will get bodied. These are the same pieces of fecal matter that said I'd get bodied in Australia. I broke top 10 and was one of two Americans that went, and I'm ass...that's a given. People act like Ricky Ortiz didn't get 2nd at evo last year above the rest of the international competition. You hating anti-scene building frauds are the main reason why I'll be cheering EG.Justin Wong on when he pops off against tokido in mvc3 at evo. EADYFF

There you go.

Why does mike have to be salty? he is speaking his mind which is true. no one is expecting america to do well at their own event but people arent even willing to support their home players and opting to just be japan dickriders.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
AkumaHokoru said:
Why does mike have to be salty? he is speaking his mind which is true. no one is expecting america to do well at their own event but people arent even willing to support their home players and opting to just be japan dickriders.

"Fecal matter" "Armchair conquistador" "EADYFF"

Imm0rt4l

AkumaHokoru said:
I wish people would stop saying this so cavalierly. While I will agree that their are some that will cheer for japan no matter what, thinking that Japan is going to be a force to be reckoned with is hardly dickrider mentality.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Heavy's Sandvich said:
Not all the stream monsters are American and so they won't necessarily have a particular allegiance to anyone.

I think hes talking more about Eventhubs/SRK/iPlaywinner/Facebook comments/forums (granted, they are mostly stream monsters), Mike Ross isn't stupid enough to fall for stream monsters chat trolls.

Cheering for the favorite is no different than sports band wagoners saying they're a fan of *insert gawtlyke team here*

Same applies for rooting for the underdog.

Will American players get bodied in AE, probably. It's just reality for the time being...

*don't know if my post makes sense*

<_<

>_>

Chavelo

First rule of fighting against trolls and stream monsters: do not give them attention.

But... I totally agree with his note.

Also, did people forgot what salty actually means? Or did Mike Ross happen to have a few hundred matches in succession with random strangers from forums and websites, lost all of them, and decided to post the note because of that?

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Chavelo said:
First rule of fighting against trolls and stream monsters: do not give them attention.

But... I totally agree with his note.

Also, did people forgot what salty actually means? Or did Mike Ross happen to have a few hundred matches in succession with random strangers from forums and websites, lost all of them, and decided to post the note because of that?

Salty just means mad or upset now, all fighting game lingo has been taken so far out of context it doesn't even matter anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom