• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imm0rt4l

For me I don't really look at Nationality, when it was sako vs clakey d, I was hoping for sako to win. When it was wokfrone vs mago, I was rooting for krone. I'd love to see Americans send a good number of Japanese back home to let them know we're not so free though. But I'ma be realistic here and hope to just see some good matches at EVO. I'm hoping to see some good things from guys like Wolfkrone and Hsien Chang.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
_dementia said:
What is EADYFF?
My guess: Eat a dick you fucking frauds

Regarding this whole nationality thing and supporting the home crowd...I really don't care that much. I just want to see some entertaining/hype matches go down. Sure, it's always fun to cheer for the underdog and I'll probably do so come Evo as well. May the deserving players win.

Finally got my PC working again. After buying a new video card, I found out I needed a new power supply. After buying a power supply I accidentally broke my heatsink, after buying the heat sink now everything works like it's suppose to.

But anyways I finally played AE on PC online and it's just like you guys said, very free so far. I plowed through the first 8 or so matches and even beat a 2000+ PP player along the way. I tried my meaty dive kick set ups with Evil Ryu, only to find that everybody was blocking it. I would be impressed, except that when I went for cross ups, I landed them almost every time, oh well. Well I'm finally online on PC so hit me up guys if you're there to.

Just wondering though, everything is smooth except for some screen tearing. Have you guys found a fix for that yet?

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Imm0rt4l said:
For me I don't really look at Nationality, when it was sako vs clakey d, I was hoping for sako to win. When it was wokfrone vs mago to win, I was rooting for krone. I'd love to see Americans send a good number of Japanese back home to let them know we're not so free though. But I'ma be realistic here and hope to just see some good matches at EVO. I'm hoping to see some good things from guys like Wolfkrone and Hsien Chang.

Personally I root for: character>player(skill/personality)>underdog>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>nationality

I always want to see Ken or Adon win no matter who is playing them because they are my favorite characters, player wise I'll almost always root for humble over arrogant, and then lastly I root for the underdog. Usually I only root for someone based on nationality if they're from Canada because I gotta rep the true north strong and FRAY.

SamVimes

Imm0rt4l said:
Titled "Thank you for playing! Pfft..."

There you go.
I'm european so can i hope for USA to be bodied?

Here's hoping for Ross, Banana Ken, Shiro and Momochi to make a great placement

Sanjay

AkumaHokoru said:
Why does mike have to be salty? he is speaking his mind which is true. no one is expecting america to do well at their own event but people arent even willing to support their home players and should just be american dickriders.

Works both ways. I wish people would stop looking at things so black and white trying to have dick fights. Just back the players you enjoy watching, end of.

ss2DI.jpg

Rice-Eater said:
Finally got my PC working again. After buying a new video card, I found out I needed a new power supply. After buying a power supply I accidentally broke my heatsink, after buying the heat sink now everything works like it's suppose to.

But anyways I finally played AE on PC online and it's just like you guys said, very free so far. I plowed through the first 8 or so matches and even beat a 2000+ PP player along the way. I tried my meaty dive kick set ups with Evil Ryu, only to find that everybody was blocking it. I would be impressed, except that when I went for cross ups, I landed them almost every time, oh well. Well I'm finally online on PC so hit me up guys if you're there to.

Just wondering though, everything is smooth except for some screen tearing. Have you guys found a fix for that yet?
You can turn on Vsync in the game but that brings lag and some other problems, best way imo is to get d3doverrider, it enables triple buffering and vsync.

DjangoReinhardt

Thinks he should have been the one to kill Batman's parents.
Mike Ross said:
You know, all of the players out there that compete regularly in tournaments and show dedication are most supportive for each other and the American players. I got nothing but love for the international players, but it sickens me to my stomach to see these armchair conquistadors post how bad America will get bodied. These are the same pieces of fecal matter that said I'd get bodied in Australia. I broke top 10 and was one of two Americans that went, and I'm ass...that's a given. People act like Ricky Ortiz didn't get 2nd at evo last year above the rest of the international competition. You hating anti-scene building frauds are the main reason why I'll be cheering EG.Justin Wong on when he pops off against tokido in mvc3 at evo. EADYFF
If stream monsters are such scum and are routinely wrong, why does he care about "their" opinion, anyway? Dude's just hammering away at strawman after strawman here.

Anyone who's been paying attention has heard almost nothing but the top American players ripping AE for the last six months and have heard more often than not how almost none of them are taking it seriously. Then we saw the top Japanese and Korean players dominate Revelations, NorCal Regionals, and Shadowloo Showdown. Why exactly would anyone with half a brain think that America is looking good in AE come EVO?

In any case, I root for quality play. I don't care where the player happened to be born.

I tend to agree with pretty much everything the person above has written.

We all want to see the best matches from the best players irrespective of their passport.

There are those that may be supporting others to spite the more known American players and that's pretty sad. However, it's unfair to tar everyone with that brush and he knows that himself.

Players that I look forward to watching at EVO:

Xian
PR Rog
Mike Ross
Tokido
Poongko (if he goes)

I certainly won't be willing anyone to perform badly, but those are the bunch that I want to see do well.

Edit: I will be cheering the GAFfers wholeheartedly as well.

DjangoReinhardt said:
If stream monsters are such scum and are routinely wrong, why does he care about "their" opinion, anyway? Dude's just hammering away at strawman after strawman here.

Anyone who's been paying attention has heard almost nothing but the top American players ripping AE for the last six months and have heard more often than not how almost none of them are taking it seriously. Then we saw the top Japanese and Korean players dominate Revelations, NorCal Regionals, and Shadowloo Showdown. Why exactly would anyone with half a brain think that America is looking good in AE come EVO?

One of the reasons Mike was able to get 4th place last year was because people were cheering for him on from the audience. It's about having pride in your own scene, but Mike's mistake is thinking that stream monsters are a genuine part of the fighting game community. They're not. They don't see your work or growth. They have no attachment beyond those silly youtube videos you put up.

Imm0rt4l

DryEyeRelief said:
One of the reasons Mike was able to get 4th place last year was because people were cheering for him on from the audience. It's about having pride in your own scene, but Mike's mistake is thinking that stream monsters are a genuine part of the fighting game community. They're not. They don't see your work or growth. They have no attachment beyond those silly youtube videos you put up.
I thought he placed because of this

rivals

Conceited said:
Salty just means mad or upset now, all fighting game lingo has been taken so far out of context it doesn't even matter anymore.

The term "salty" is hardly something specific to the FGC and was used to mean something like mad or irritated long before the FGC started using it.

mbmonk

The Japanese do well when they come over here. How well do we do when we go over there (SBO?)? I actually don't know, but my limited knowledge is the US hasn't done so well. I guess that would be my general question to Mr. Ross.

EDIT: I am talking more about the "dick riding" comment than how the US will do at Evo.

rivals said:
The term "salty" is hardly something specific to the FGC and was used to mean something like mad or irritated long before the FGC started using it.
You sounding like Triforce in that stream from a couple days ago.

MAH BRUTHA

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
rivals said:

I am aware, the same can be said of 90% of the lingo used by the FGC. However I haven't heard anyone use "salty" outside the FGC in real life in 15 years so I'd say its pretty much FGC exclusive at this point.

DjangoReinhardt

Thinks he should have been the one to kill Batman's parents.
DryEyeRelief said:
Just because they don't travel to major tournaments doesn't mean they aren't part of the fighting game community. Stream monsters are a huge asset for anyone that likes fighting games, particularly the top players. In fact, Mike Ross has benefited from them more than almost anyone on the planet. If it wasn't for the people watching streams and YouTube videos, his job wouldn't exist. There have been plenty of players who were far better at fighting games than Mike Ross over the years who couldn't even conceive of being sponsored or having a job directly related to sponsored players because there weren't enough spectators to entice advertisers.

The idea that stream monsters are bad for the fighting game community is laughable. More spectators -> more revenue for tournaments -> bigger prize pools -> more incentive for people to play them competitively -> more people playing fighting games -> more incentive for developers to devote resources to fighting games.

DjangoReinhardt said:
Just because they don't travel to major tournaments doesn't mean they aren't part of the fighting game community. Stream monsters are a huge asset for anyone that likes fighting games, particularly the top players. In fact, Mike Ross has benefited from them more than almost anyone on the planet. If it wasn't for the people watching streams and YouTube videos, his job wouldn't exist. There have been plenty of players who were far better at fighting games than Mike Ross over the years who couldn't even conceive of being sponsored or having a job directly related to sponsored players because there weren't enough spectators to entice advertisers.

The idea that stream monsters are bad for the fighting game community is laughable. More spectators -> more revenue for tournaments -> bigger prize pools -> more incentive for people to play them competitively -> more people playing fighting games -> more incentive for developers to devote resources to fighting games.

Just because I watch the playoffs on television doesn't make me part of the NBA.

You go into this whole spiel about advertising and jobs when that wasn't what I was talking about. Not at all.

Satyamdas

Banned
Eat A Dick You Fucking Frauds?!?!? LOL, really? Frauds? As in, one who is fraudulent? Yeah, no. The F-word is referring to the F-bomb that shall not be uttered within GAF.

Satyamdas said:
Eat A Dick You Fucking Frauds?!?!? LOL, really? Frauds? As in, one who is fraudulent? Yeah, no. The F-word is referring to the F-bomb that shall not be uttered within GAF.
I dunno, he's been saying fraud lately. Like in the sentence before the acronym.

Satyamdas said:
Mike is to classy for that word.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Satyamdas said:

Fornicators!

zlatko

Banned
DryEyeRelief said:
Just because I watch the playoffs on television doesn't make me part of the NBA.

You go into this whole spiel about advertising and jobs when that wasn't what I was talking about. Not at all.

By your standards what makes someone a genuine part of the fighting game community? I'm primarily a stream monster. I watch as much streams as I can, I tune into other media put out from players and community members, I frequent SRK/eventhubs, and here. I plan my schedules around big majors so I can view them and love to chat with Gaf in the official threads during them to bask in the hype.

Sorry if I don't have the money or luxury to make it out events for you to see me as a "genuine" member of the community. I may not be as involved as a Haunts, Spooky, Gootecks, etc, but I do LOVE the entertainment value they and others provide for me, and have donated to Spooky more than once.

Satyamdas

Banned
GhostRidah said:
Mike is to classy for that word.
Which is why he phrased it in an acronym. Seriously, the phrase is well known and it has nothing at all to do with being a fraud. A fraud is one who purports to be something he is not. Stream monsters dickriding Japan are not faking anything. They are just annoying and stupid and that is why Ross bitchslapped them with the F-Bomb.

Satyamdas

Banned
GunbladeV said:
LOL, really dude? Mike was being taped in a professional setting, it's not hard to understand why he opted for the PG version there. He is a classy guy who probably doesn't throw the F-Bomb around willy nilly, but EADYFF has a known meaning, and FRAUD is not a part of it. It's pretty obvious he is using "Fraud" as a euphemism for said F-Bomb, and that is a wise move. But the phrase at the end of his rant? He meant it as in F*****, that time.

Satyamdas said:
Which is why he phrased it in an acronym. Seriously, the phrase is well known and it has nothing at all to do with being a fraud. A fraud is one who purports to be something he is not. Stream monsters dickriding Japan are not faking anything. They are just annoying and stupid and that is why Ross bitchslapped them with the F-Bomb.

No, Saty. If it doesn't happen on stream it doesn't exist.

zlatko said:
By your standards what makes someone a genuine part of the fighting game community? I'm primarily a stream monster. I watch as much streams as I can, I tune into other media put out from players and community members, I frequent SRK/eventhubs, and here. I plan my schedules around big majors so I can view them and love to chat with Gaf in the official threads during them to bask in the hype.

Sorry if I don't have the money or luxury to make it out events for you to see me as a "genuine" member of the community. I may not be as involved as a Haunts, Spooky, Gootecks, etc, but I do LOVE the entertainment value they and others provide for me, and have donated to Spooky more than once.

Well for one you described the weight of the FGC in terms of entertainment value.

Satyamdas said:
LOL, really dude? Mike was being taped in a professional setting, it's not hard to understand why he opted for the PG version there. He is a classy guy who probably doesn't throw the F-Bomb around willy nilly, but EADYFF has a known meaning, and FRAUD is not a part of it.
If it's not on UrbanDictionary or a Google search, it's not a known meaning. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

zlatko

Banned
DryEyeRelief said:

Well for one you described the weight of the FGC in terms of entertainment value.

No, I said what they PROVIDE me with is entertainment. I'm well aware of the hard work it goes into providing the streams, and while I do not know everything that goes into an event, I do know it's a lot of work with probably little thanks. I'm also aware that the players have to put in a ton of time to get to where they are in order to battle against the others who do the same.

Their hard work, once put into motion as a broadcast becomes entertainment where I can cheer a player on, and feel excited in their wins, or be bummed at a loss, and of course their emotion is on a much higher scale than my own. I tune in for the entertainment, and hopefully that one extra viewer is helping the streamer with ad revenue, and I often facebook and tweet the events in hopes more people that know me pop in to see.

Satyamdas

Banned
DryEyeRelief said:
I think a lot of these guys would implode if they heard some of the chatter that goes on at fighting game tournaments. Or even a Keystone II stream from last year.

I actually think it's kind of endearing that these guys can't picture Mike Ross using that word, and honestly I'd be shocked to hear him say it. Really speaks to the level of class he conducts himself with. But the sentiment he was expressing in that post was harsh and angry and I have no doubt in my mind about what he was calling those people. Primarily because the phrase is old and became an acronym precisely because everyone knows what it means. Except for those who think it means "fraud" or "fool", apparently.

_dementia said:
Maybe Mike will post a clarification
He doesn't need to. The phrase is pretty self-explanatory. What is a crude term for a person (assumed to be male, since we are talking about stream monsters) who eats dicks? Fraud? or F*****?

Satyamdas said:
Primarily because the phrase is old and became an acronym precisely because everyone knows what it means. Except for those who think it means "fraud" or "fool", apparently.
I think you overestimate the popularity of such an acronym when the only relevant thing Google can fetch is a post on TeamLiquid.net's forum that has a copy of Mike Ross' comment.

Rocwell

Wait, I thought EADYFF meant Eggrolls are delicious, yet fairly fattening. Mike was just telling everyone to stay away from deep fried foods.

Satyamdas

Banned
Rickenslacker said:
I think you overestimate the popularity of such an acronym when the only relevant thing Google can fetch is a post on TeamLiquid.net's forum that has a copy of Mike Ross' comment.
Are you fucking serious? I've heard the phrase dozens if not hundreds of times, in competitive arenas and out. There is no ambiguity in the meaning, and I'm sorry that your reliance on Google has hampered your ability to parse everyday language.

Satyamdas

Banned
So basically people are inserting the euphemism in for the actual word, thereby protecting Mike from exhibiting any traits they might deem unbecoming. I have to say, that is some *brilliant* Inception type shit going on at the hands of Mike Bawse. Such flawless execution. I tip my hat to the good man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom