• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satyamdas

Banned
Marn's blog said:
What people don’t realize is that there were many teams in the tournament, trying to keep away the top players from winning that had no intention of winning. Do I think that’s more of an argument than Mr.SNK? Yes. I do. Why would you purposely enter a tournament that had no prize except a plane ticket, but had no passport, no money to go to japan, or not even having the intention of going to Japan? There’s no rules against it, but then again, it’s what everyone calls, “Gatekeeping”. But in the end, is it really worth the hassle to keep everyone who actually plans on going from going? Is that a nice thing to do or a straight up dick thing to do?
Now I lurrrve me some Marneto. Dude is gatlyke all around. But I find his moralizing kinda funny, seeing as how he and Justin went and entered France's SBO qualifier in 2009 and basically stole that country's spot out from under them.

There’s no rules against it, but then again, it’s what everyone calls, “Stealing”.... Is that a nice thing to do or a straight up dick thing to do?

Gee I don't know Marn, why don't you tell me? :p

USD

Conceited said:
I thought you had to bring all your documentation TO the tournament so this stuff doesn't happen.
Since the West Coast qualifier was kind of early, you just had to have a passport by August 1. For the last two qualifiers, you must have a valid passport or proof of application to enter the tournament at all.

Imm0rt4l

Satyamdas said:
Now I lurrrve me some Marneto. Dude is gatlyke all around. But I find his moralizing kinda funny, seeing as how he and Justin went and entered France's SBO qualifier in 2009 and basically stole that country's spot out from under them.

There’s no rules against it, but then again, it’s what everyone calls, “Stealing”.... Is that a nice thing to do or a straight up dick thing to do?

LOL I forgot about that.

Neki

Satyamdas said:

can you tweet that or post it on his blog? lol.

Satyamdas said:

Well he and Justin wanted to go to Japan. He's saying why join if you don't really intend to go to Japan. So his argument still stands.

USD

Yeah the SBO 2009 situation is a bit different, though it's certainly one of the reasons that the rules specify you have to be a citizen for the appropriate qualifier.

Satyamdas

Banned
KidA Seven said:
Well he and Justin wanted to go to Japan. He's saying why join if you don't really intend to go to Japan. So his argument still stands.
I know what his argument was and I never tried to discredit it. I was just pointing out that he's pulled some shady shit of his own, so moralizing sounds a little funny coming from him. Like I said I think Marn is gdlk and I'm just poking fun, I agree with what he said in his blog.

Satyamdas said:
I know what his argument was and I never tried to discredit it. I was just pointing out that he's pulled some shady shit of his own, so moralizing sounds a little funny coming from him. Like I said I think Marn is gdlk and I'm just poking fun, I agree with what he said in his blog.
it wasnt region locked last year

2wny5o6.jpg

Rocwell

USD said:
Pretty sure Latif was born in Saudi Arabia. If he isn't a US citizen, than he's ineligible, as the SBO staff specified only US citizens could take the US qualifying spots.

Regardless, that sucks.
If he isn't a US citizen he needs a passport to be here.
Hate to say it but he might be having trouble getting a visa to leave the country because of OMG HIS NAME IS LATIF ALERT HOMELAND SECURITY

Maybe it was Mr. SNK who didn't have his passport ready. :X

USD

I just hope the US can get past the first round. We have three teams going, surely at least one can pull it off, right?

PsychoSoldier said:
As much as I'm not a fan of Champ, I don't envy him of the terrible matchups he's going to face for his 'Sim out there.

"A thousand twins of the Japanese Empire descend upon you, our dive kicks will blot out the sun".

PsychoSoldier said:
As much as I'm not a fan of Champ, I don't envy him of the terrible matchups he's going to face for his 'Sim out there.

If the ideal team is Gief+Hong Kong S-tier, Sim will be useful at least against the Gief part.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
God's Beard said:
Champ > Ross. That's just how it is, NorCal represent.

Honda>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Sim in AE though.

Busaiku said:
I really hope F.Champ picks up a new character.

His seth is solid, so hopefully he can do good with him. Dhalsim got fucked so hard in this game, lots of nerfs plus every top tier character beats him. I would be surprised to see that much dhalsim at all from him at SBO.

Edit:eek:h i forgot about the character lock, sucks for him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom