• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
DoctorWho said:
Does the Saturn Pad work with the PC version of Super Street Fighter IV: AE?

Yes it does. I only got it worked by using x360ce though. Not sure if the patch included native support for my Saturn USB but I just kept going with x360ce since it just kept working. Regardless - it's definitely possible.

Any advice on getting a PS3 Mad Catz stick to work with SSF4 AE on PC? Windows is detecting the stick as a game controller (PC USB Wired Stick 8838) but SSF4AE isn't detecting that I have a stick.

I've tried this solution...

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1989674

But to no avail. I've recorded the buttons and stick inputs, saved, quit out but SSF4AE doesn't detect the stick. Is there another driver I should install and try to use? Any help would be greatly appreciated, the Steam user forums don't seem to have a working solution for me.

Number45

Yeah, I'm planning on picking up a TE soon and I'm not sure if my PC has that chipset or not (haven't worked out how to confirm it yet) so I haven't bothered with the PC version yet.

It does say that you can buy a separate PCI card to get around the problem, not sure if that's viable for you?

panda21

kind of late with this but did they add any balance changes for Makoto in arcade? Oni and Evil Ryu look kind of boring but I'd buy it for a high price if Makoto wasn't so weak

Imm0rt4l

panda21 said:
kind of late with this but did they add any balance changes for Makoto in arcade? Oni and Evil Ryu look kind of boring but I'd buy it for a high price if Makoto wasn't so weak
yea, she's stronger now. Much more viable now.

AZ Greg

panda21 said:

Makoto is stupidly strong now.

advice-dog-meme-generator-push-buttons-win-matches-888388.jpg

Number45 said:
Yeah, I'm planning on picking up a TE soon and I'm not sure if my PC has that chipset or not (haven't worked out how to confirm it yet) so I haven't bothered with the PC version yet.

It does say that you can buy a separate PCI card to get around the problem, not sure if that's viable for you?

My PC recognises the stick though. I can go to Devices and Printers, see my stick show up as PC USB Wired Stick 8838. I right click on PC USB Wired Stick 8838, choose game controller settings, properties and test. My PC registers the stick and its movements. It registers the button presses. Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition does not.

Nabs

jaundicejuice said:
Any advice on getting a PS3 Mad Catz stick to work with SSF4 AE on PC? Windows is detecting the stick as a game controller (PC USB Wired Stick 8838) but SSF4AE isn't detecting that I have a stick.

I've tried this solution...

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1989674

But to no avail. I've recorded the buttons and stick inputs, saved, quit out but SSF4AE doesn't detect the stick. Is there another driver I should install and try to use? Any help would be greatly appreciated, the Steam user forums don't seem to have a working solution for me.

If your PC recognizes your inputs, then AE will as well (the update fixed this). Delete the extra files you downloaded for x360ce and try again. Just make sure your stick is set to RS (next to the home button on your stick).

Nabs said:
If your PC recognizes your inputs, then AE will as well (the update fixed this). Delete the extra files you downloaded for x360ce and try again. Just make sure your stick is set to RS (next to the home button on your stick).

Fuck yeah, that did the trick. Possibly that , setting the stick to R and turning my machine off for the night. Before the game would only have two options for keyboard, even before I started using various fixes, downloading and installing various drivers. This time it just detected my stick. I was able to map my stick and buttons, can't wait to play it tonight after work.

USD

_dementia said:
Does keeper-Jin do much damage?
It was a bit different, a lot more stylish. He was doing something like cr.MK, Kobokushi, Gen'ei Jin, cr.MK, st.HP, st.HP, Zesshou, cr.Mk st.HP, st.HP, Zesshou, something something, dive kick, cl.HP, something something, dive kick, cl.HP, something something, UC1.

I doubt it does particularly high damage, it was just there for the style.

Crisis

Banned
Seriously - fuck Ken in AE. Fuck him. This is horse shit. I know he's flowcharting. Did they reduce the frame window in which you can throw him after a shoryuken? Because it sure fucking feels like it.

*edit*

And yeah - I'm salty.

USD

I personally love AE Ken. The best thing that could happen to Ken is the 7-frame sweep. They took out a frame of start-up and put it in recovery, which means -7 on block, which means Rekka punish all day.

SamVimes

Crisis said:
Seriously - fuck Ken in AE. Fuck him. This is horse shit. I know he's flowcharting. Did they reduce the frame window in which you can throw him after a shoryuken? Because it sure fucking feels like it.

*edit*

And yeah - I'm salty.
Why would you throw a Ken after a shoryu?

Spooky is busy today so streaming will be handled by min

http://www.twitch.tv/min2012 no overlays no commentary but if you want to watch the matches they will be there.
MIN said:
spooky is busy tomorrow with something so im going to be streaming it off of an hd pvr. itll only be direct feed no commentary or overlays like youre used to but if u want to watch anyway check it out on my channel http://www.twitch.tv/min2012 ill be... doing live updates in the channel to update ppl on whos playing and whats going on w/ the brackets. ill prolly use challonge so you guys can follow it online

Crisis

Banned
I really wish I could play people that didn't lag every time I start winning on Xbox Live. This is getting really god damn old.

SamVimes

Not on Kens, and its been that way for a while. Oni has really fast recovery as well.
I think that the lp version is -9 on block (more unsafe than in super), you can punish it with a combo pretty easily.

cHaotix8

SamVimes said:
I think that the lp version is -9 on block (more unsafe than in super), you can punish it with a combo pretty easily.

Nah you can't. That doesn't account for the frames that he's grounded, making the actual punish window very small. Best thing to do is walk back and make him whiff, that way you can get a early start on a good punish and not some dumb air reset.

Nabs

jaundicejuice said:
Fuck yeah, that did the trick. Possibly that , setting the stick to R and turning my machine off for the night. Before the game would only have two options for keyboard, even before I started using various fixes, downloading and installing various drivers. This time it just detected my stick. I was able to map my stick and buttons, can't wait to play it tonight after work.
glad to hear

SamVimes

KidA Seven said:
So who (foreign) is going to Evo?

Daigo
Momochi
Choco
Poongko
Neurosis
Mago
Tokido
Kayo
Shiro
Infiltration & Laugh?

Anyone know the rest?
Due to their recent sponsorship there's probably gonna be Alioune, RF and Kindevu.
Oh, and probably Toxy.

Ninja edit: Sako.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I don't see a lot of people doing this, but would a good way of punishing Yun's whiffed You Hou would be to start focus after the second to the last hit of the ultra, absorb the last hit, Lv.3 focus attack Yun, dash in, then start a combo?

It's pretty much the only thing I can do as Dhalsim since that damn ultra pushes me so far away on block.

vulva

just arrived in the US. typing on e 3ds sucks. mad hype to go 0-2 at evo. some psn gaffers might remember my butt chun (psn tiimmay). hope to meet some of you dudes next week =)

Joekage

vulva said:
just arrived in the US. typing on e 3ds sucks. mad hype to go 0-2 at evo. some psn gaffers might remember my butt chun (psn tiimmay). hope to meet some of you dudes next week =)

Looking forward to seeing you again man! I'm thinking EVO this year is gonna be even more crazy than last year. Hopefully I can place well enough with my shitty Cody/Ryu to get out of pools haha.

Pepto

Banned
What is going on. I'm starting to win most of my matches on xbla. In the last 10 days I've gone from ~650pp to 1650pp.

Maybe I should quit while I'm ahead...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom