• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satyamdas

Banned
Thx guys! ^_^ Shit lagged up horribly on the next match vs. Marn though. Not like the outcome would have been any different without it. :*(

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Oh. Sp00ky isnt streaming GC because SRK wants him to do a 24/7 stream. And yeah, we'll be able to watch. Shoutouts to Art.

Kadey said:
Oh. Sp00ky isnt streaming GC because SRK wants him to do a 24/7 stream. And yeah, we'll be able to watch. Shoutouts to Art.
Nice. I have some work to do tonight, but I'll run spooky's stream in the background.

Axis

zlatko said:
This is a good question. He dropped off the face of the planet. His Abel was the business. I wonder if he's still maining him... :(

i played him the first day AE was out(he was playing oni) but i'm pretty sure i saw him on 8onthebreak a few weeks ago?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I demand they all get down to nothing but boxers and have a pillow fight while the Spice Girls is playing in the background.

Tomorrow is Ryu's birthday! And the day after is..........

zlatko

Banned
Conceited said:
Ryder plays at the break like every week.

He plays Adon more than Abel now, but still switches depending on the matchup.

Ah, okay good. Is he confirmed for EVO this year? Also, any links to his Adon play? I'm curious why he picked Adon as his secondary/new main.

Kadey said:
I demand they all get down to nothing but boxers and have a pillow fight while the Spice Girls is playing in the background.

Tomorrow is Ryu's birthday! And the day after is..........

... The day Kadey lays the smackdown on people holding up the MvC3 tourney? :D

USD

Haha, it looks like Kyohei did translate NerdJosh's message to Kayo Police:

NerdJosh said:
@sato_kayo1226 美しく才能あふれるカヨポリスさん。EVOで会えるのを楽しみにしています!

"The beautiful, ever-so-talented (lit. overflowing with talent) Kayo Police. I'm looking forward to being able to meet you at EVO!"

She hasn't responded yet, possibly because of Japan Time.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
There may not be anything on at all on the Sp00ky stream since he's there alone and he doesn't play AE. Art and or Min would have to be there in order for some games to be played.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
lol at the Viper/Evil Ryu match. If she gets FFF in from a jumpin, she can meterless FADC into cr.fp into a burning kick 50/50 for a one-hit stun. Then she gets a full, reltaively-unscaled combo and Evil Ryu goes from full health to death.

...I guess she can do the same stuff with other characters that have Evil Ryu's stun too. I am not up to speed on current Viper technology. But yeah, shit is gross.

USD

Haha, Chris G trying to counter-pick Jeron's Bison with Guile, but then loses that game and the next one,` after going back to Sakura.

eissan

when are the brackets for ssf4 going to be released for evo?

I am making a prediction...I will body diago cheapasshara :D
I can dream cant I?

USD

Damn, Sanford just bodied TPH Itachi in GC20 Grand Finals, 6-0. Good shit to Itachi for making it to Grand Finals though.

I kind of want to see WolfKrone-Sanford for East Coast Tougeki representatives.

Imm0rt4l

eissan said:
when are the brackets for ssf4 going to be released for evo?

I am making a prediction...I will body diago cheapasshara :D
I can dream cant I?
Last year brackets were released something like 2 or 3 days prior to EVO.

Edit: It should be noted though that last years registration was prolonged after the orginal deadline though so it may come out even a week before EVO.

With pools maxing out at 16 players even I wouldn't be surprised if I made it out of the first set of pools. With such a small amount of players per pool, the chances of lucking out is a lot more likely. Just win 3-4 matches and you're on to the next round right? Oh please let that happen to me, please
51.gif

Holy fuck GFWL is retarded. It's using some buried option on my PC, Region and Language, within the control panel to dictate my location, the US (which is not where I live), for my Games For Windows Live account despite specifying where actually live when I created the account in the first place. I'm hoping between the GFWL client, xbox.com (wat) and my own control panel, just to get something as simple as my region set correctly in SSF4AE. wtf.

sleepykyo

sf2fanatic said:
Any streaming left from WNF or Starbase?

Yes. I didn't know but it seems WNF is still going on (offcast night). Not sure about the where they are, but it has Ultradavid and James Chen commentating.

USD

I'm the only one who thinks people vastly overrate Sagat's improvements in AE? From what I know, Sagat himself barely changed from Super to AE. I think he was always good in Super, just horribly underused. Is there something (significant) I'm missing?

Tizoc

Quick question to PS3 owners-
I have SSF4 installed in my HDD, but I'm running out of space so i may uninstall it.
How slow will the loading be if say I play an offline session with friends and we use various characters?

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Fuck Juri.

Fuck Chun-Li too. Fighting her with Makoto is like fighting Guile but Chun has way better footsies and a stupid backdash.

Fuck invincible backdashes. Like the 2nd stupidest thing about this game. When an aspect of your gimmick mechanic is so powerful that you have to give everybody invincible backdashes, maybe you should rethink the properties of the mechanic instead.

Fuck Makoto and Viper

SamVimes

USD said:
I'm the only one who thinks people vastly overrate Sagat's improvements in AE? From what I know, Sagat himself barely changed from Super to AE. I think he was always good in Super, just horribly underused. Is there something (significant) I'm missing?
Mostly is the fact that half the cast got nerfed.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Lost Fragment said:

Fuck Dee Jay with his bagass horseteeth, fuck his jackknife maximum which is even worse get out of jail free card than fucking ex messiah.

Also fuck chun li and juri, and cammy. Especially cammy and juri.

Fuck autocorrected crossup ultras, fuck em up the ass.

Lost Fragment said:
Fuck Juri.

Fuck Chun-Li too. Fighting her with Makoto is like fighting Guile but Chun has way better footsies and a stupid backdash.

Fuck invincible backdashes. Like the 2nd stupidest thing about this game. When an aspect of your gimmick mechanic is so powerful that you have to give everybody invincible backdashes, maybe you should rethink the properties of the mechanic instead.

Fuck Makoto and Viper

I'm with you man, fuck Dhalsim to. Thanks for making him my worse match up stat wise in SSF4AE PC Saty

jlai

Lost Fragment said:
Fuck Juri.

Fuck Makoto and Viper

Do neutral jump HK axe kick against chun on her wake up to bait and beat wakeup EX SBK. Gotta do it kind of high so your hitbox is above where the SBK is gonna hit

And Rice, I want my 114 points back. I guess all the points he took from you, I took from him though. Dat 8-2 matchup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom