• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

-PXG-

Threi said:
well if anyone is joining the glorious gaf xbl training program then just click this url and join in the fun, and level up in the process :)

http://miburl.com/xRMsMo

Just ask Joekage and DBJoseph, two graduates of the GAF XBL level up program. Before they were free like vexco, now they are beastin on peeps like nobody's business :D

No PSN love :(

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Welcome back Kumie-san. Black Vegeta was balling. Wondering where his big brother was.

Latest costumes are up. Ewwwwwww at them all. The only good one is for a character I do not use. And Zangief's is alright but I get a YMCA vibe from it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKpcZiTFD0s&hd=1

Also I demand Capcom up the replay thing to like 100 or something. :( at all the wasted good stuff. I didn't get to save any of my Dementia matches.

Satyamdas

Banned
Killa Sasa said:
And I don't see Sim becoming thaaaaaaaaaat bad for her. Knock his ass down and go to town again, it'll just take a lot of walking, blocking and some more ingenuity than it used to. And random arrow to tag a limb FTW :D Zoning is pretty hard in this game (and apparently it got worse), so I can see it still being in her advantage. Won't know until I play it though :p
Sim is licking his chops for AE Cammy. He is ready to feast on that slut. You won't be able to go to town on him without the threat of nonstop tkcs/throws, and since high dive kicks can be slid under, focused, teleported behind, or just blocked, everything scary about her is gone. This matchup will go from 7-3 to 5-5. And with all the rage Sim players have built up since we've been dealing with her cheap ass bullshit since Vanilla, I wouldn't be surprised if it looks like 6-4 in Sim's favor when 90% of Cammy players are completely lost without their tkcs crutch.

Killa Sasa said:
Oh yeah, a little OT: Guile can't catch a break. Gilley was saying he got counter hit in Sonic Boom recovery ala Dee Jay's Air Slasher:/

He really didn't need to be nerfed.
Fuck that, he needed them. If Sim of all characters had to have his damage nerfed back to Vanilla and then some, then that punk could stand some nerfs too. Same with Rog & Honda & Rufus & Abel (though the last two didn't get shit for damage nerfs, of course).

A lot of the nerfs being done in the newest iteration of the game feel more like vanilla gen-esque nerfs, rather than something like sagat or akuma roundhouse loop...spooky had said it best, nerfs to preserve "the spirit of the game" whatever that is.

All the characters Sabin uses are not top tier, yet they took big hits. Leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
AkumaHokoru said:
yes you need a Japanese IP to sign into and sign up for the card ranking system the data is saved on capcom's servers unlike tekken 5 cards where the data is on the card.

That's lame. I wonder why they decided to do it like that? I guess so they can get hard data on what characters are doing good/bad, and what matchups they're doing good/bad in?

So if you don't have a cab in Japan, all characters only have access to one outfit and one color?

Threi

notag
Killa Sasa said:
Oh yeah, a little OT: Guile can't catch a break. Gilley was saying he got counter hit in Sonic Boom recovery ala Dee Jay's Air Slasher:/

He really didn't need to be nerfed.
Why the hell should deejay alone get counterhit on fireballs and not guile?

Besides Guile's fireball recovers faster than deejays, so it doesn't affect him as much.

Wiseblade

Killa Sasa said:
Sounds fair to me. If you manage to catch Guile with his crazy boom recovery, you deserve a reward. Dee Jay being skanked like that is what's unfair.

hitsugi

black_vegeta said:
Meaning if they don't have a Vewlix cab and use some other janky cab, they only get 1 outfit w/2 colors?

Me confused.

no card = no point system = no way to unlock things?

GeoNeo

I disagree.
black_vegeta said:
Wouldn't playing through single player unlock outfits?

Or does the system work different front he console way?

No only way to unlock outfits and colours is to buy them (using zenny) like an item in VF5 it is done through the online servers and shit.

-PXG-

dragonballjoseph said:
PSN GAF is free and laggy. :D

Well it IS free ;)

And I don't know what kind of ghetto ass, East Bumblefuck Uzbekistan net you got son, but my shit is good (on the most part). And I'm on WiFi :p

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
God, I fucking LOVE Mike Ross...

hitsugi

-PXG- said:
Well it IS free ;)

And I don't know what kind of ghetto ass, East Bumblefuck Uzbekistan net you got son, but my shit is good (on the most part). And I'm on WiFi :p

2 people with FIOS connections living less than 10 miles away from each other..

..and it still lags.

on 360? we might as well be next to each other.

that said, I can't afford to buy a new 360 every 3 months.. so I've been PSN only for a while now

MIMIC

Banned
This game is (aka turtles are) making me crazy. So just to to step up the annoyance factor (after they win a round), I rape the crap out of them--as Fuerte--with every mixup I can think of, wait for them to get Ultra and just stay back the entire round.

Then they ragequit (or kick me)...for employing their own strategy -_-

-PXG-

hitsugi said:
2 people with FIOS connections living less than 10 miles away from each other..

..and it still lags.

on 360? we might as well be next to each other.

that said, I can't afford to buy a new 360 every 3 months.. so I've been PSN only for a while now

Damn. I don't know what to say then. I don't have any problems. I played on XBL yesterday. It was nice, but not that much better than PSN, at least for me. Of course, nothing beats IRL.

MIMIC said:
This game is (aka turtles are) making me crazy. So just to to step up the annoyance factor (after they win a round), I rape the crap out of them--as Fuerte--with every mixup I can think of, wait for them to get Ultra and just stay back the entire round.

Then they ragequit (or kick me)...for employing their own strategy -_-
this is always funny to me, and because juri's divekick is the most forward moving i tend to IAD(instant air dive not to be confused with instant air dash of the Guiltygear/doujin fighter origin) over something stupid like a fireball or something and tag them then BAM all up in you grill. what now bitch.

-PXG-

_dementia, why are you wasting your time with scrubby ass me? :lol That dude in our room ain't so bad huh?

EDIT

I've only seen you do one Jaguar Tooth.

Soulstar

With all of the excitement about AE(for me anyway since my main is getting buffed) I figured I should stop lurking and join in the Neogaf Street Fighter community. Who knows maybe I can play less scrubby.

My GT is The Love Cook if anyone want's to beat on me for a while.

Mœbius

Rice-Eater said:
I have nothing to do for a few hours so I look for some Poongko videos. It turns out he had a FT10 with Infiltration(3rd at Evo 2010). All I will say is that this is by far the fastest FT10 I've ever seen between top players, ever. It does help that the characters involved are the lowest health characters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n809p_yaYfk
Weird, the actual grand final between the two in the tournament at that event plays out significantly differently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5rk_JyrIJI&feature=related

...So, what does Mak-GAF do when getting pressured beyond recognition by Fei-Fei's and Juri's? Played against A ranked ones today and I come very close to beating them but when they pressure back, it's game. Where's AE when you need it? 3: Safe dash-ins, all day.

-PXG-

_dementia said:
ggs PXG I'm really bad, but thanks for the compliment dude

and floyd, nice Dudley

Sorry I had to quit out so fast. I had some shit I needed to take care of. Bad, my ass man. You're much better than me. You're Ken was solid.

I only gave your Adon a hard time because I practiced with NinajHeartless for like 10 hours straight yesterday IRL. He played with Honda, Chun and Adon the whole time. So I kind of have a better understanding how they work. I only saw you do one jagar toof (EX one at that too) the whole time. I learned how to deal with his constant jumping, cross ups and stupid ass throws.

That dude we played with was pretty good though. I don't like dittos at all. I faired much better against his Guile before you showed up :p I beat his 'rog before you showed up too. I guess you're bad luck :lol

Dartastic

CaptainMintMan said:
...So, what does Mak-GAF do when getting pressured beyond recognition by Fei-Fei's and Juri's? Played against A ranked ones today and I come very close to beating them but when they pressure back, it's game. Where's AE when you need it? 3: Safe dash-ins, all day.
Block, EX Karakusa, try and dash out, pray. :p

Mœbius

Spiderjericho said:
He's got a crazy Seth. I saw a link to a match he had with Mago's Sagat. I hope Poongko can come to the U.S. for Evo 2011. The last time he was here he sort of got blown up by America and Japan.
Yeah, although I remember hearing that he actually beasted on people in casuals outside of the national tournament games. Also hope Infiltration makes it to EVO again, would love to see more of his super aggressive Akuma.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Kadey said:
Dementia and Kaako are about on the same level. :D
Same level my ass. :lol
I'm like the village bicycle; everyone gets a free ride. Think I need to play more patiently though.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Kaako said:
I'm like the village bicycle; everyone gets a free ride. Think I need to play more patiently though.

Execution and playstyle, you guys are about the same. I see no differences between either of you. Dementia has more patience though. And you tend to do stupid stuff for punishes. :lol

-PXG-

Kaako said:

We need to do it up some time man. You use Dan right?

Kadey said:
Execution and playstyle, you guys are about the same. I see no differences between either of you. Dementia has more patience though. And you tend to do stupid stuff for punishes. :lol

That's my main problem. I'm too aggressive. I rush down like a motherfucker. I might upload a video from tonight, just as an example. Every time, I slow down and wait for my opponent to act (though I play a charge character, I don't turtle) my results are sooooooooooo much better.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Kadey said:
Worrrd? I got no combos, no links, no setups so all I go by is guts and feeling lol. I also can't tech to save my life. :/
Need to seriously get some of the fundamentals down and better punish. :lol
-PXG- said:
We need to do it up some time man. You use Dan right?
Dan is my boi, but I think I'll get butchered against Kadey n them. lol
We playing right now man, you should join us. Fun games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom