• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
jlai said:
Do neutral jump HK axe kick against chun on her wake up to bait and beat wakeup EX SBK. Gotta do it kind of high so your hitbox is above where the SBK is gonna hit

And Rice, I want my 114 points back. I guess all the points he took from you, I took from him though. Dat 8-2 matchup

Why do that when you can just safe jump it and punish it with much more damaging stuff?

Number45

Tizoc said:
Quick question to PS3 owners-
I have SSF4 installed in my HDD, but I'm running out of space so i may uninstall it.
How slow will the loading be if say I play an offline session with friends and we use various characters?
I know when I used to play it online it was always painfully obvious when you were paired with someone that didn't have it installed. It adds a good few (maybe as much as 10 or more?) seconds to the startup time for each round.

Not a show stopper though, particularly not if you're looking at local only.

jlai

Lost Fragment said:
Why do that when you can just safe jump it and punish it with much more damaging stuff?

If you safe jump they're less likely to throw it out in my experience. But if you do the early jump high HK axe kick, they're going to think you mistimed a jump and throw it out there (regular attack would be hit by the EX SBK, but axe kick pauses you in the air). That's when they'll eat the axe kick and you can rinse and repeat, or do a safe jump setup next. Give it a try next time

jlai said:
And Rice, I want my 114 points back. I guess all the points he took from you, I took from him though. Dat 8-2 matchup

Sure, I'll be around all night this week. I have a 12.5% win rate against Dhalsim, I guess that's about 16 matches with 2 wins and 14 losses. Funny thing is I have a 0 win rate against Ken and Rog, which sounds weird. I thought I won some but it means either I haven't beaten one or haven't faced one.

Satyamdas said:
^_^

I thought they were ggs!

:*(

They were, I was just venting. But I feel better now knowing is taking the points you're talking from me :)

Tizoc

Number45 said:
I know when I used to play it online it was always painfully obvious when you were paired with someone that didn't have it installed. It adds a good few (maybe as much as 10 or more?) seconds to the startup time for each round.

Not a show stopper though, particularly not if you're looking at local only.
So the slowdown is only apparent when playing online? I guess I can go with that.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
jlai said:
If you safe jump they're less likely to throw it out in my experience. But if you do the early jump high HK axe kick, they're going to think you mistimed a jump and throw it out there (regular attack would be hit by the EX SBK, but axe kick pauses you in the air). That's when they'll eat the axe kick and you can rinse and repeat, or do a safe jump setup next. Give it a try next time

I'd rather they be discouraged from throwing it out and be vulnerable to the ensuing mixup that could lead to 300+ damage rather than get hit by the tsuguri and take like 150 damage. Unless they're about to get stunned or whatever. I feel like hk tsuguri's strength is as a tool to get in and as a defensive footsie tool from certain ranges, and not really to use on your opponent's wakeup unless it'll move you out of the way of a reversal or something like it will with Ibuki's ex dp.

USD said:
I'm the only one who thinks people vastly overrate Sagat's improvements in AE? From what I know, Sagat himself barely changed from Super to AE. I think he was always good in Super, just horribly underused. Is there something (significant) I'm missing?
I dont know but dude does a lot of damage.

I am a fucking noob but yesterday I went up against some Cammy player on pc who literally did nothing but jump in rh and sweep, the whole game. Fought him about three times and he then messages me "good games. thanks for the practice" rofl wtf

jlai

Lost Fragment said:
I'd rather they be discouraged from throwing it out and be vulnerable to the ensuing mixup that could lead to 300+ damage rather than get hit by the tsuguri and take like 150 damage. Unless they're about to get stunned or whatever. I feel like hk tsuguri's strength is as a tool to get in and as a defensive footsie tool from certain ranges, and not really to use on your opponent's wakeup unless it'll move you out of the way of a reversal or something like it will with Ibuki's ex dp.

I find I use neutral jump hk axe kick alot as people will try to throw you out of habit thinking you're gonna land. MK axe kick works as well and can lead into whatever combo or U1. I also use the knockdown from HK axe kick to further push them into the corner when they're knocked down. Never hurts to have different tricks you can pull out of the bag.

These days I've been experimenting with forward jump HK axe kick (near the top of the jump arc so you come down fast with it) to punish fireballs/pokes/unsuspecting people. Range is deceptively far and comes out really quickly.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
jlai said:
I find I use neutral jump hk axe kick alot as people will try to throw you out of habit thinking you're gonna land. MK axe kick works as well and can lead into whatever combo or U1. I also use the knockdown from HK axe kick to further push them into the corner when they're knocked down. Never hurts to have different tricks you can pull out of the bag.

I am aware. But those situations are different from the one with Chun. The situation with Chun seems to me to just be adding an unnecessary step. But if it works for you, it works for you.

edit: also, empty jump ia mk tsguri. Same thing, more options afterwards, but slightly more risky.

jlai

Lost Fragment said:
edit: also, empty jump ia mk tsguri. Same thing, more options afterwards, but slightly more risky.

I haven't tested it much in training, but after a sweep timing works out well if you hold jump forward and empty jump IA MK axe kick you'll catch alot of people stand throwing. Empty jump karakusa works as well.

I still can't give up the trusty dash forward MP overhead -> c.lk xx ex hayate after sweep though. Its too bad the dash messed up the timing so I could reliably do c.mp xx whatever or U1. I find not many makoto's link anything after MP overhead. It doesn't even have to be meaty to connect c.lk afterwards.

Number45

Tizoc said:
So the slowdown is only apparent when playing online? I guess I can go with that.
It'll still take longer for the stage to load offline, but I'm guessing you're less likely to get raged at by whoever you're playing with.

Hey does anyone here use Yang at all on XBL? I could definitely use the practice against him. I didn't realize how well he can shut down a characters projectile game by him using his Senkyuutai (roll kick).

Calibrated

Neo Member
Triple Oceans said:
Hey does anyone here use Yang at all on XBL? I could definitely use the practice against him. I didn't realize how well he can shut down a characters projectile game by him using his Senkyuutai (roll kick).

I play yang sometimes but im in the UK so not sure how the connection will be...

Crisis

Banned
Corky said:
Fuck Dee Jay with his bagass horseteeth, fuck his jackknife maximum which is even worse get out of jail free card than fucking ex messiah.

Also fuck chun li and juri, and cammy. Especially cammy and juri.

Fuck autocorrected crossup ultras, fuck em up the ass.

Just wanted to pop in and co-sign this.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
While we're in a fighting game renaissance, wish someone would take the time to make an entirely new fighting game IP. Don't think fighting games are gonna be in the same position 5 years from now if it's just nothing but old shit. Except Skullgirls I guess, but that's an indie game.

Crisis said:
Just wanted to pop in and co-sign this.

That's his ex upkicks right? I don't know how anyone can compare it to ex messiah when it has hella whiff recovery and doesn't hit crouchers.

Lost Fragment said:
While we're in a fighting game renaissance, wish someone would take the time to make an entirely new fighting game IP. Don't think fighting games are gonna be in the same position 5 years from now if it's just nothing but old shit. Except Skullgirls I guess, but that's an indie game.
Publishers are scared of making new IPs in any genre this gen. It's not just intrinsic to fighters. They want a sure-sell.

Musan

phpEn5WuUDSC_0106.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
A part of me feels like the devs intentionally fucked up AE's balance just so that players would demand a new version to sell to them.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
jlai said:
You guys are playing the wrong Rufus players or are jumping too much if you believe this.

Yep. Don't jump at DeeJay. Especially when he has charge. ex upkicks is like the shittiest wakeup reversal ever. I get hit more by wakeup ex sobat because I always forget he has that shit and I think it beats my sweep option select :(

Rocwell

Musan said:
Holy shit this is hilarious on so many levels. The matchup chart in the background is totally killing me.

@ Lost Fragment Crouching meaties blow up DJ, he can't really do much, ex sobat has slow start up and is punishable, ex jacknife will whiff and you can punish. You play makoto right? You can do her cr. mk meaty and he has no choice but to block and deal with your mixup.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Rocwell said:
Holy shit this is hilarious on so many levels. The matchup chart in the background is totally killing me.

@ Lost Fragment Crouching meaties blow up DJ, he can't really do much, ex sobat has slow start up and is punishable, ex jacknife will whiff and you can punish. You play makoto right? You can do her cr. mk meaty and he has no choice but to block and deal with your mixup.

See: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=29487944&postcount=18600

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I'mma be broadcasting to the hood from deep downstairs in my dad's dungeon, making this shit bump like shit's popular. Catch me online if you ain't afraid to get slapped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom