• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Musan said:
phpEn5WuUDSC_0106.jpg
I just know in my heart that if the game were to be rebalanced Makoto would be dropped back to bottom tier. Surely Ono has a vendetta against me.

sephi22

Wow, I've been lurking for almost 2 years now and now that I'm finally a member, I've no idea what to say. The reason I started lurking on GAF was the SSFIV announcement thread. I remember following right from the beginning and watching go from the 'Super Spin Fighter announcement thread' to the 'Oily, Gentlemanly thread'. I still remember how the pages exploded when the Third strike challengers trailer was leaked.

Since then I've been reading the Super SFIV OTs and the Blazblue OTs almost everyday. I almost always put the threads on auto refresh whenever a stream is on to read the responses. My memory is hazy and I don't remember how many of you moved to Marvel and how many remain. This thread certainly doesn't have the kind of activity it used to back in the day. I have stopped playing Super myself. I play Fuerte and I don't have the motivation to upgrade to AE.

Shoutouts to USD for the GIFs and the stream links. Shoutouts to Haunts for IPW and for being the only person who reviews fighting games and knows what he's talking about. Shoutouts to Kadey and Markman's awkward flirting.

I'm just ecstatic my account got approved a week before EVO.

#fuckhaunts

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Rickenslacker said:
I just know in my heart that if the game were to be rebalanced Makoto would be dropped back to bottom tier. Surely Ono has a vendetta against me.

There are ways they could nerf her that would be fair, but wouldn't hurt her that much. I think they should nerf her fukiage corner combo by reducing the damage or slightly reducing her ability to build meter. Or both.

DRE Fei

The matchup chart is the best part about that picture. You know, for some strange reason, I'm starting suspect that they made those dudes strong on purpose!

195804_185275731521241_3720632_n.jpg

DRE Fei said:
The matchup chart is the best part about that picture. You know, for some strange reason, I'm starting suspect that they made those dudes strong on purpose!

195804_185275731521241_3720632_n.jpg
You know that they DID make them strong on purpose, right?

DRE Fei

God's Beard said:
You know that they DID make them strong on purpose, right?
CONSPIRACY!

Professor Beef said:
Maybe all of the copies of the game fell into some radioactive sludge and Yun/Yang became overpowered.
I approve of this theory and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Rickenslacker said:
That would suck.

But on the plus side, people would play Abel again.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'm just going to buy parts and have either someone put it together for me or someone coach me to do it. It costs nearly half as less with even better parts going this route. I won't buy from places like Dell or the likes ever again unless it's a laptop or netbook.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
anyone know the source of that photo?

edit: omg they used our SSF4 tier lsit from august for one of the tier list images in that photo. LOL

Rickenslacker said:
I almost DON'T want them to rebalance just for this.

sephi22

Its all part of Ono's master plan.

Ono in 2008: "Yo. I'll try my best to get SFIV to consoles, k?"

Ono in 2009:
"Hey guys, here's SFIV with new characters for console. I'm the boss."
"I'm fighting with Capcom staff to make Super SFIV. Wish me luck"

Ono in 2010:
"Here you go guys. SSFIV for consoles. Who's the man?"
"I'll speak with Capcom execs to bring SSFIV to Arcade. I know you want it"
"Hey guys, I spoke with them. AE with 4 new characters. Say my name."

Ono in 2011:
"I know you guys want AE on consoles. But its just not possible."
"Hey guys surprise. AE on consoles! Who's your daddy now?"
"Hey you guys want a rebalance? Drop us a comment at Unity."

Ono in ????:
"Hey guys, here's the version of AE we didn't make while high. I'm the best."

All according to Keikaku.

vj8Ea.png

XenoRaven

I kinda wanted to go to CC this year but just squashed the idea because I'm not really into comics. The idea that I could have played SFxT and met CM Punk makes me regret my decision.

Kadey: I recommend getting someone to help you put it together. But be involved in it. You really only need to see it once and you can easily put your own together down the road. That's what I did. I watched a friend do it and put some stuff together myself. Then when I had to replace my motherboard I knew how everything went together. Building a PC is a really awesome experience. It's especially rewarding if you play games on it.

rivals

haunts said:
edit: omg they used our SSF4 tier lsit from august for one of the tier list images in that photo. LOL

I thought that looked familiar. See you next week at evo dude, forgot to drop by your table at NCR it was busy as fuck so I'll make sure I swing by next weekend.

Corky said:
Fuck Dee Jay with his bagass horseteeth, fuck his jackknife maximum which is even worse get out of jail free card than fucking ex messiah.

Also fuck chun li and juri, and cammy. Especially cammy and juri.

Fuck autocorrected crossup ultras, fuck em up the ass.

This must be quoted again. I fucking hate this move. Knock Dee Jay down, you can't do any jumping mix ups unless you just empty jump to bait the upkick. Even then if he does the light one it's not that easy to get a big punishment. And for some reason, they've given this to Yun, his light upkick has fucking tracking like Dee Jay's and just always knows where to find you. No timing is necessary, just do it and you're good to go.

Rice-Eater said:
This must be quoted again. I fucking hate this move. Knock Dee Jay down, you can't do any jumping mix ups unless you just empty jump to bait the upkick. Even then if he does the light one it's not that easy to get a big punishment. And for some reason, they've given this to Yun, his light upkick has fucking tracking like Dee Jay's and just always knows where to find you. No timing is necessary, just do it and you're good to go.
You can at least safe-jump crossup Yun's upkick.

Watching other top players like Valle or Dr. Chaos play Evil Ryu is kind of frustrating because they don't know his tricks and how to use some of his moves. I know this stuff but I'm just no where near as good as they are. Even though it's just casuals, it's frustrates me a bit to see them do or don't do certain things.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Hottest day of the year. It's already 92° in the morning. o.0

Taking a half day and doing stuff. I'll be home late and play some games. Probably very drunk.

Capcom is going all out while the milk is good. Now's the best time to let them hear you. Whether they listen or not doesn't matter as long as they get the hint.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Welcome new guy.

I've been getting a lot of messages on Live or streams about people asking for help from me to get them a GAF account. I can't really do anything. One word. Hope.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Rice-Eater said:
This must be quoted again. I fucking hate this move. Knock Dee Jay down, you can't do any jumping mix ups unless you just empty jump to bait the upkick. Even then if he does the light one it's not that easy to get a big punishment.
Does not apply to T. Hawk.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
rance said:
Wasn't it just said that you can pressure DeeJay on wake up with meaty crouching moves? That's kind of a big weakness.

I don't know if I want to believe this. ( even though it's probably 150% correct)

Ok I have a salty rant about SSF4AE PC.

I have around 2000 PP and whenever someone comes in my room and beats me, most of the time they don't come back. In fact, nobody is coming. I go and look for matches but there aren't any in same skill. So if nobody is out there, why are these guys avoiding me to play beginners or lower level players? When I face another player close to my level, win or lose I'll play them again if there is nobody else around. But most of the guys I run into don't seem to have this mentality. It's like, win once and I'm out of here. Other guys will lose like 4 straight, win once and then don't return.

Come on guys, are we trying to get better or are we seriously worried about our the size of our PP?

USD

Tonight is Niconico Stream Battle, aretty large JP online tournament, 377 total entrants. NSB will be running the central stream, but I'm pretty sure all of the pool matches will be on Nico Live. You need to have a registered Nico account to be able to watching Nico streams, but I'm sure you can just do a quick Google for help with that. Check this blog entry for a list of some of the people that will be streaming.

The tournament is best-of-3, single elimination. The winner gets a spot in GODSGARDEN #4, which will be going down August 20.

Rice-Eater said:
Ok I have a salty rant about SSF4AE PC.

I have around 2000 PP and whenever someone comes in my room and beats me, most of the time they don't come back. In fact, nobody is coming. I go and look for matches but there aren't any in same skill. So if nobody is out there, why are these guys avoiding me to play beginners or lower level players? When I face another player close to my level, win or lose I'll play them again if there is nobody else around. But most of the guys I run into don't seem to have this mentality. It's like, win once and I'm out of here. Other guys will lose like 4 straight, win once and then don't return.

Come on guys, are we trying to get better or are we seriously worried about our the size of our PP?

We really need to setup a GAF Endless/Tournament night. I usually pop in and mess around a bit but feel unmotivated to play against others. I've also had bad experiences playing fighting games online (the few times I have tried) as people will usually disconnect when losing or as you said, disconnect after winning and refuse a rematch.

I've always been good at fighting games but haven't really felt like an expert since the SSFII Turbo and Marvel VS Capcom 2 arcade days. I know most of the move sets and have a general sense of what to do and what not to do but have yet to learn or practice ANY of these new mechanics or combos. I just want to play a bunch of consecutive matches with a bunch of people that don't care about winning or losing and just want to have fun.

USD said:
Tonight is Niconico Stream Battle, I pretty large JP online tournament, 377 total entrants. NSB will be running the central stream, but I'm pretty sure all of the pool matches will be on Nico Live. You need to have a registered Nico account to be able to watching Nico streams, but I'm sure you can just do a quick Google for help with that. Check this blog entry for a list of some of the people that will be streaming.

The tournament is best-of-3, single elimination. The winner gets a spot in GODSGARDEN #4, which will be going down August 20.
Thanks for the heads up!

Hey guys....I just picked up SSIV but I'm having a hard time finding matches online. Has it totally dried up since AE came out?

I haven't played fighting games in forever, so I decided to try a stick. I am terrible with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom