• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rice-Eater said:
Ok I have a salty rant about SSF4AE PC.

I have around 2000 PP and whenever someone comes in my room and beats me, most of the time they don't come back. In fact, nobody is coming. I go and look for matches but there aren't any in same skill. So if nobody is out there, why are these guys avoiding me to play beginners or lower level players? When I face another player close to my level, win or lose I'll play them again if there is nobody else around. But most of the guys I run into don't seem to have this mentality. It's like, win once and I'm out of here. Other guys will lose like 4 straight, win once and then don't return.

Come on guys, are we trying to get better or are we seriously worried about our the size of our PP?
Those same dudes are coming into my room and beating me with my measly 700pp, and they come back over and over even though I put in same skill heh.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
GhostRidah said:
Those same dudes are coming into my room and beating me with my measly 700pp, and they come back over and over even though I put in same skill heh.

They really want that 1 pp gained per round I reckon.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
PalaceBrother said:
Hey guys....I just picked up SSIV but I'm having a hard time finding matches online. Has it totally dried up since AE came out?

I haven't played fighting games in forever, so I decided to try a stick. I am terrible with it.

Arcade Edition allows you to switch back to the regular SSF4 and to search for player matches against regular SSF4 players. Last time I tried this, I found a whopping three lobbies for Super, with 2-3 players in each. Everyone is on AE...get that DLC.

Corky

MightyKAC said:
From the States. In Japan right now.

Gfwl : Incoggnit0

oh damn, then I'm right smack in the middle, as far as humanly possible xD. Won't even bother trying. At least not until I get my hands on some of that juicy 1gbs japanese broadband.

USD

Haha, earlier she was talking about Rage Juris: when you get character select, mash on A, and pick Juri on accident.

I usually join games online, gotten a couple of Rage Hakans though.

Corky

USD said:
Haha, earlier she was talking about Rage Juris: when you get character select, mash on A, and pick Juri on accident.

I usually join games online, gotten a couple of Rage Hakans though.

Oh those rage hakans, I stand there thinking "what the HELL am I supposed to be doing now?", sometimes I mash 360 and it works. Sometimes.

USD

So Kayo's going to be providing her voice for the upcoming Tekken CG movie. Who she will be voicing, she didn't say.

USD

A bit earlier, they were going over the week's results for the GODSGARDEN #4 fan vote. The voting factors in both player and playable character, (i.e. Momochi's Yun and Cody would be separate entries). Anyway here's the top 30:

Code:
01. Umehara (Yun)
02. Mago (Fei Long)
03. Sako (Yang)
04. Haitani (Makoto)
05. YHC Mochi (Dhalsim)
06. Tokido (Akuma)
07. Kazunoko (Yun)
08. KoujiKOG (T.Hawk)
09. Uryo (Sakura)
10. Nemo (Yang)
11. Zangitan (Zangief)
12. FAX Gimoto (Makoto)
13. Iyo (Ibuki)
14. Makoto (Vega)
15. RF (Sagat)
16. Hadasama (C.Viper)
17. Kindevu (Evil Ryu)
18. Amiyu (Gen)
19. Fuudo (Fei Long)
20. Kiryu Tsukimiya (Guy)
21. Ikoma Devil (M.Bison)
22. Michael-tan (Ken)
23. Y24 (Chun-Li)
24. Ise (C.Viper)
25. Kyabetsu (C.Viper)
26. Bonchan (Sagat)
27. Momochi (Cody)
28. Shungoku Neurosis (M.Bison)
29. Itabashi Zangief (Zangief)
30. France-jin (Cody)

Satyamdas

Banned
USD said:
Here's the full list of registered players:

http://nsb.blog.shinobi.jp/Entry/297
http://nsb.blog.shinobi.jp/Entry/298

Didn't search too hard, but ACQUA, Momochi and Tonpy are in there.
I'm always curious how these break down by character selection, so I killed 15 minutes and added em up.

Akuma - 22
M. Bison - 19
Makoto - 17
Yun - 16
Chun - 16
Ken - 15
Cody - 15
Balrog - 13
Blanka - 13
C. Viper - 13
Sakura - 12
Yang - 12
Fei Long - 12
Ryu - 12
Juri - 11
Ibuki - 11
Guile - 10
Vega - 10
Adon - 9
T. Hawk - 9
El Fuerte - 8
Rose - 8
Guy - 8
Cammy - 8
Dudley - 8
Abel - 8
Zangief - 7
Gouken - 7
Oni - 5
Dan - 5
Gen - 4
Seth - 4
Sagat - 4
DeeJay - 4
Rufus - 3
Dhalsim - 3
Evil Ryu - 2
E. Honda - 2
Hakan - 2
RFLJz.gif
xAFPK.gif

How fitting that searching for "sad dhalsim" images should turn up this guy:

ZYR5v.gif

But also this: =3

Wn5xz.jpg

jman2050

Satyamdas said:
I'm always curious how these break down by character selection, so I killed 15 minutes and added em up.

Three characters with more representatives than Yun?

Maybe there's hope after all.

gutabo

God's beard: Can you please ask seth/tell him that they should public hitbox data for AE like those leaked videos from "some source" did, they saved a lot of time. Heck, let us see them ingame!

LakeEarth

Whoo, finally cracked 2000pp in AE with just Sakura!!! Now to fuck up and lose all my points to a 800pp Zangief cause I fucked up my spacing!!

EDIT - T Hawk as it turns out, but he was actually pretty good

USD

DryEyeRelief said:
No one cares about Sako's Ibuki
Actually, I think I remember seeing a tweet from Sako's wife that there was an issue with the name entry (because of Japanese text input; sako is different from
gSgNT.png
), which apparently had some adverse effect on the vote. Can't say that's the entire reason though.

USD

ACQUA playing right now. NSB's setup is crazy, I wish more streams would have multiple game feeds.

Shiro playing now, tag Dogenzakaue, didn't know he was in there because he didn't use the name Shiro.

USD

DryEyeRelief said:
It's weird, I hear audio from fights that aren't on stream.
That's because it's re-streams from Nico Live, which is why you'll occasionally see text scroll across the screen.

And wow, that was crazy, Shiro got auto-correct Abare escape from the corner, went to the opposite wall because of the teleport.

jman2050

USD said:
That's because it's re-streams from Nico Live, which is why you'll occasionally see text scroll across the screen.

And wow, that was crazy, Shiro got auto-correct Abare escape from the corner, went to the opposite wall because of the teleport.

Are there links to the Nico streams or that wouldn't work?

USD

jman2050 said:
Are there links to the Nico streams or that wouldn't work?
There are, all under this entry, separated by block:

http://nsb.blog.shinobi.jp/Entry/299/

The left link will take you to the streamer's community page, then click on the red button to go to the stream. The right link is the bracket.

Momochi (momokamo) is in block G, Tonpy (TONPY-) and Shiro (Dogenzakaue) are in block H, ACQUA (acqua0316ps) is in block I, and KoujiKOG (koujiKOG4010) is in block J. Of those, Momochi and KoujiKOG haven't played their first match yet.

USD

Just stick to the NSB stream, they switch to the notable matches when they pop up, plus you'll be able to watch four at once from a single stream.

Momochi playing Yun right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom