• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry to interupt the stream comments, but I've just been playing AE via Steam (on a fibre-optic connection in Japan), and it's the best online Street Fighter experience I've ever had.

Even on wireless, there are green bars all over the place, and lag is almost non-existent. It basically feels like a local match.

If anyone is playing AE on PC, my Live tag is BGenius and my Steam name is Bobio. If you happen to be in Japan, even better :)

One thing though; the game seems to suffer from really bad slowdown after about 30mins of playing. This could just be my laptop overheating, but this doesn't happen with any other game. I was wondering if anyone had experienced anything similar?

Cheers, and happy fightotti.

Satyamdas

Banned
Professor Beef said:
I leave the tab to browse GAF and I see him beating Dudley.

Oh well. If I wanted to see Hawk beat Dudley, I'd just challenge Immortal. ;)
tRwkg.gif

Imm0rt4l

Professor Beef said:
I leave the tab to browse GAF and I see him beating Dudley.

Oh well. If I wanted to see Hawk beat Dudley, I'd just challenge Immortal. ;)

Despite your manners, I like your style. Let me buy you a drink...after I've mopped the floor with you.

Dudley-stance.gif

*makes note to use more standing fierce/forward fierce against prof beef.

*backdashes into condor dive allday

USD

Lost Fragment said:
Which stream are we watching? The NSB2 one isn't working for me :(
Yeah the stream has had some issues, sometimes won't properly load, but then magically will 5 minutes later. Next time I'll post the Nico link too. Of course you need an account to watch on Niconico though.

USD

Haha, has to be patting himself on the back for beating laggy Blanka with T.Hawk.

Wasn't on the NSB stream, but ACQUA just won his second match. Momochi coming up on the stream now.

USD

Professor Beef said:
That was a nice Dan/Ibuki match in the lower right-hand screen.
That same Dan is playing again on the bottom right, pretty godlike.

Momochi playing again vs. Ibuki, I was too busy watching the Dan match.

USD

Tonpy playing again. If he wins he's in the block finals. If Shiro wins his next match he fights Tonpy.

KOG playing on J, middle right screen. Shiro the main screen. People in the chat are saying the Dan player is Aniki/STRIP FIGHTER.

USD

Momochi playing against Hawk on Africa stage.

Shiro-Aniki was really good, Shiro turned it up the last game. Momochi down a game right now.

Bottom right is Shiro-Tonpy, H block finals.

USD

Momochi and KOG just made finals for their respective blocks, while ACQUA in Block I is at semi-finals.

And all three players won, ACQUA in finals now.

USD

The finals are supposed to be starting within the next 30 45 minutes some time. I'm guessing the rest of the matches will be on NSB2, not sure.

Right now they're doing a "loser's bracket" with random registered players to fill out the rest of the bracket to 16.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I tripped over something and I broke one of my stream stuff so I can't stream until I get it replaced. OOoooohhhh.

Thanks for the wishes Ghostridah. Lost another bet. :( Damn I suck.

USD

Funny, the T.Hawk that Momochi played in the block semi-finals (MaaO-mAAO) was giving him a lot of trouble, even after he switched to Cody. KOG however is just getting worked over.

Top 16 is character-lock, by the way. Nevermind, using the same format as before. Have to start off with your registered character, but can switch you lose.

USD

Guy had a pretty beastly Sagat.

There's pretty good character variety in Top 16, the only repeat (registered) characters are Akuma (3, including 1 already eliminated) and Yun (2).

SamVimes

Momochi-Acqua? This may be the best match until one of them plays against Shiro.

EDIT: WTF, i closed the stream by mistake and now it's not working anymore on both Opera and Chrome.

USD

SamVimes said:
EDIT: WTF, i closed the stream by mistake and now it's not working anymore on both Opera and Chrome.
Yeah, this has happened to me a few times. Ustream being shitty is nothing new though.

USD

Corky said:
who's the gief?
No idea. The vast majority of players in the tourney aren't everyday names, but looking at the PP levels and how far they've gotten, they're obviously good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom