• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satyamdas

Banned
God's Beard said:
What about the tournament where he got second to Justin? Sure he wasn't winning majors or anything, but "never a factor" is a bit much.
Was that like ECC 5 or 6, like the 2nd tourney after vanilla console came out and he had been playing arcade for like 6 months? And after that tourney he just slid further and further down and finished lower and lower? I know you have a hard on for the man, and I am gay for his commentary and youtube vids with Mike Ross, but the man was never a factor as a player son.

orig-13020201.jpg

I must say I agree with sephi22 about how this movie is just as focused on Triforce as it is on Justin, which is pretty misleading. Going by the trailer you would be led to believe that this was about Justin and his rise to greatness. Instead it's about the politics, drama, and relationship of Justin, Triforce, and Empire Arcadia as a whole. That being said I still found the documentary to be pretty entertaining as it gave us a even closer look at what the hell is going on in there(the Arc I mean).

I think it was edited in a way to make Triforce come off as more of a villain you could say. But still, the dude doesn't seem to be too in touch with reality. Which is part of the reason why EMP isn't making much progress, although there is a lot more to it then just that. The fighting game community will continue to grow, although I don't think it will ever reach the heights of other genres. But as it continues to grow, I don't see EMP ever making there mark in the industry like Triforce dreams of.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Satyamdas said:
And I think Triforce understands that, and that is why we see him grinding a shitty retail job at the end of the documentary. Nobody wants to do that kind of work, but bills need to be paid and Triforce is willing to get his hands dirty and earn a paycheck the hard way if he has to. If he refused to get a 9 to 5 and didn't accept reality I would have a completely different opinion of him.

You are talking about a guy who stands outside for days waiting for the latest Nintendo system to come out. There are a million more things he can do to be more productive for his ideal. And the funny thing is, in an interview during the 3DS launch, he had to bring up Justin. It's like he's still trying to use Justin's name to promote the Empire when the guy is long gone.
Don't forget that this country is as good as it is because of the system. It is very flawed but having that foundation can lead to greater things.
Marky is working long hours, traveling constantly, being away from his daughter and family in order to achieve his goal. A lot of people make fun of him and give him crap for certain things but he is still doing what he has to do for those people as well.
Gootecks is in a similar mold. He's always on the prowl with how to drive the community forward, also putting in long hours and sacrificing his game while making certain decisions he may not like but have to for the future.

What exactly is Triforce doing? Besides bragging about EMP's past achievements and saying stupid things to stream monsters.
It's like that one guy said in the movie. There seems to always be something big going to happen but it never does. And that's why that guy left seemingly. Chris G left, Perfect Legends left. We don't know why they did but they obviously did not agree with what EMP is doing.
Being on the phone trying to get sponsorships and trying to snatch the latest and greatest players, bringing them in and playing games all day in order to get better and win non-consistent amounts of money is only going to get you so far. Especially in this day and age. The way the economy is right now does not cater to that kind of lifestyle. Prices of everything is going up but your probable income is either equal to or lower than normal. He has to do more than he does.

To quote a big name in the industry who once told me "there's mad infighting politics, shady shit that you will never know about, and never will."

Mikhal

Rice-Eater said:
I must say I agree with sephi22 about how this movie is just as focused on Triforce as it is on Justin, which is pretty misleading. Going by the trailer you would be led to believe that this was about Justin and his rise to greatness. Instead it's about the politics, drama, and relationship of Justin, Triforce, and Empire Arcadia as a whole. That being said I still found the documentary to be pretty entertaining as it gave us a even closer look at what the hell is going on in there(the Arc I mean).
I believe the main reason why Triforce had a larger focus was because Justin moved to the west coast while the movie was being made so they changed it up a bit with the footage they had.

Also, the real King of Chinatown story.

Satyamdas

Banned
Kadey said:
You are talking about a guy who stands outside for days waiting for the latest Nintendo system to come out. There are a million more things he can do to be more productive for his ideal. And the funny thing is, in an interview during the 3DS launch, he had to bring up Justin. It's like he's still trying to use Justin's name to promote the Empire when the guy is long gone.
I'd never stand in line for a system's release, but you can single out any activity and say "Why are you doing _____ right now instead of being more productive?" No one works 24 hours a day and everyone does things at their leisure when they could be working instead. I don't care if he is standing in line for days, on a beach in Maui for days, or locked in his bedroom for days. I'm not going to tell anyone how to spend their spare time.

Kadey said:
Don't forget that this country is as good as it is because of the system. It is very flawed but having that foundation can lead to greater things.
Marky is working long hours, traveling constantly, being away from his daughter and family in order to achieve his goal. A lot of people make fun of him and give him crap for certain things but he is still doing what he has to do for those people as well.
Gootecks is in a similar mold. He's always on the prowl with how to drive the community forward, also putting in long hours and sacrificing his game while making certain decisions he may not like but have to for the future.
I love MarkMan like crazy, but let's be real. He is getting paid by MadCatz to travel and promote the company. Same with Gootecks and Complexity. These guys are in fortunate positions where they are making money to travel around and do what they love. If Triforce had that kind of job then I have no doubt he would glady hustle his ass off and promote X company to the best of his ability. He wanted to have Empire be that kind of company where it was ingrained in the scene like MadCatz, but has thus far failed. He didn't fail because MarkMan hustles harder than him, but because ultimately Empire Arcadia doesn't offer a product or service like MadCatz or Complexity. And that is all on Triforce's shoulders. You can't expect to be paid if you are not offering something tangible in exchange.

Kadey said:
What exactly is Triforce doing? Besides bragging about EMP's past achievements and saying stupid things to stream monsters.
It's like that one guy said in the movie. There seems to always be something big going to happen but it never does. And that's why that guy left seemingly. Chris G left, Perfect Legends left. We don't know why they did but they obviously did not agree with what EMP is doing.
Being on the phone trying to get sponsorships and trying to snatch the latest and greatest players, bringing them in and playing games all day in order to get better and win non-consistent amounts of money is only going to get you so far. Especially in this day and age. The way the economy is right now does not cater to that kind of lifestyle.
Prices of everything is going up but your probable income is either equal to or lower than normal. He has to do more than he does.
Yeah he is eccentric and weird and pops off a lot at stream monsters and is looked at funny and people think he is shady and he is hated and blah blah blah. I don't care about that.

I completely agree with the bolded though, and like I said the absence of an actual business plan has left him in this position. I'm not saying "awwww poor Triforce", or pitying him, and I don't expect anyone else to. He has gotten himself where he is by promising things to people he can't deliver and by selling Empire Arcadia as something that it is clearly is not, which is an actual operating business.

I'm not saying we should all feel sorry for him, or that anyone else is to blame for his situation. I'm saying that he comes across to me as a person who had genuine intentions of cultivating a group of top players and building a business on the backs of their skills, but was never able to figure out how to create an actual business operation. Who's fault is it that he wanted to build a company but never had a plan for how it would work and make money? His own. Tough titty if you couldn't make it happen, now it's time to punch that timeclock and get to work. Which he seems willing to do.

I'm sure his vision was to have EMP competing with other "clan" type organizations and everyone making money and eating off of playing games at a high level. Unfortunately that scenario does not exist presently and might not ever, but I don't think a lack of hustle and motivation on his part is the reason that it doesn't exist. It's a pure numbers game and without millions of viewers and big sponsors, making big money in pro gaming is still not happening yet.

Kadey said:
To quote a big name in the industry who once told me "there's mad infighting politics, shady shit that you will never know about, and never will."
I don't need a "big name in the industry" to tell me that politics, infighting, or shady shit goes on behind closed doors. That is just common sense. Actually, I'd consider it an insult to my intelligence if they thought I needed to be informed of that fact.

Satyamdas

Banned
GhostRidah said:
Think about this, if Triforce was doing this "clan" thing in starcraft he would be making the money.
Or if he represented a "clan" of top athletes, or actors, or music artists. He just happens to have connections with people whose particular talents are not rewarded with millions of dollars. Like I said before, I think if he was an agent for athletes or actors or even fucking authors or some shit he would make a killing. And the reason is that he can cook up that meaningless gobbledygook that people love to hear that makes them think some serious shit is going on.

Things like "merging eccentricities of gamer culture into the marketing system of the gaming industry" or "preserving and developing the fundamentals of the greater gaming culture". That shit reeks of the bloated nonsense speak that you hear people hyping all the time when they are trying to mask the fact that they aren't really offering anything. Dude is good at that shit.

Unfortunately he seems to have a severe a disconnect with reality, because he doesn't seem to acknowledge that a business needs to offer goods or services in order to survive or even exist in the first place. He definitely seems to have put the cart in front of the horse from the get go.

Gafbats 2 is Full.
I need to do a few things before we get started. right now I am considering randomly shuffling the people to see what pool they will start off in.

No surprise from the NSB stream, Momochi and Bonchan(aka Haunt's Sagod) win the SBO qualifier. And I guess Momochi still hasn't gotten his EG shirt in the mail because he's just wearing a regular shirt.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Satyamdas said:
I'd never stand in line for a system's release, but you can single out any activity and say "Why are you doing _____ right now instead of being more productive?" No one works 24 hours a day and everyone does things at their leisure when they could be working instead. I don't care if he is standing in line for days, on a beach in Maui for days, or locked in his bedroom for days. I'm not going to tell anyone how to spend their spare time.

There is no defense for someone who pops off about certain things and turning around and other doing said things. I know he doesn't care about his reputation. But I'm going to point that out.
I love MarkMan like crazy, but let's be real. He is getting paid by MadCatz to travel and promote the company. Same with Gootecks and Complexity. These guys are in fortunate positions where they are making money to travel around and do what they love. If Triforce had that kind of job then I have no doubt he would glady hustle his ass off and promote X company to the best of his ability. He wanted to have Empire be that kind of company where it was ingrained in the scene like MadCatz, but has thus far failed. He didn't fail because MarkMan hustles harder than him, but because ultimately Empire Arcadia doesn't offer a product or service like MadCatz or Complexity. And that is all on Triforce's shoulders. You can't expect to be paid if you are not offering something tangible in exchange.

Of course he's getting paid. But do you know why he is getting paid? No, he didn't just stand around and wait for shit to happen while spouting what ifs and what cans. He himself went to a company with a bad reputation and decided what would be going down. Marky is a huge reason why MadCatz is blown up to a level they've never reached before. So yeah, he deserves all the limelight and benefits he has gained thus far. Went from a arcade stick designer working very very long hours and never really being able to have a say in anything to a community manager between the company and the FGC itself. Personally I don't think he gets enough credit. Let's be real that MadCatz would not the the revived company that they are without him.
I don't doubt that Triforce isn't hustling but I don't see him making nearly as much of an effort to get to another level. And yeah for those companies, you have to work 9-5.

Yeah he is eccentric and weird and pops off a lot at stream monsters and is looked at funny and people think he is shady and he is hated and blah blah blah. I don't care about that.

I completely agree with the bolded though, and like I said the absence of an actual business plan has left him in this position. I'm not saying "awwww poor Triforce", or pitying him, and I don't expect anyone else to. He has gotten himself where he is by promising things to people he can't deliver and by selling Empire Arcadia as something that it is clearly is not, which is an actual operating business.

I'm not saying we should all feel sorry for him, or that anyone else is to blame for his situation. I'm saying that he comes across to me as a person who had genuine intentions of cultivating a group of top players and building a business on the backs of their skills, but was never able to figure out how to create an actual business operation. Who's fault is it that he wanted to build a company but never had a plan for how it would work and make money? His own. Tough titty if you couldn't make it happen, now it's time to punch that timeclock and get to work. Which he seems willing to do.

I'm sure his vision was to have EMP competing with other "clan" type organizations and everyone making money and eating off of playing games at a high level. Unfortunately that scenario does not exist presently and might not ever, but I don't think a lack of hustle and motivation on his part is the reason that it doesn't exist. It's a pure numbers game and without millions of viewers and big sponsors, making big money in pro gaming is still not happening yet.

Yeah. I agree. At this point I think he just does and says stuff for the hell of it. Even bad publicity is good publicity. Anything to keep people aware of you. But it's way past the point of defending what you stand for. Time to take action. But what? It's been ten years?
Team Sp00ky today is what EMP should've been. But you can clearly see the differences between the two. While EMP has more tournament success in terms of winning, TS has done more for the community in the aspects of getting more viewers and people into it as well innovating things. Unlike Triforce, Sp00ky isn't hiding behind his players. And despite not really playing the games he is very knowledgeable on them and doesn't make any stupid claims. Don't touch his equipment or he'll fuck you up though.
It's amazing how things turn around though. You don't have to like the working system but don't insult the people who don't even necessarily like it but have to go with it.

I don't need a "big name in the industry" to tell me that politics, infighting, or shady shit goes on behind closed doors. That is just common sense. Actually, I'd consider it an insult to my intelligence if they thought I needed to be informed of that fact.

It is common sense. It can be applied to any sort of entertainment for the masses but I'm making a point here that people think it's totally candyland behind the scenes is misinformed. Goes well with the discussion.

Think about this, if Triforce was doing this "clan" thing in starcraft he would be making the money.

I disagree with this. Unlike players in the FGC, players in Starcraft, Quake and various other competitive games can go elsewhere when shit hits the fan.
Seems to me that players who have been with Triforce as long as they have are in a comfort zone. If they leave, where would they go? What can they do? It's like they need him as much as he needs them. Triforce will not be able to impose himself on those players like his own.

I must echo Kadey's sentiments regarding MarkMan.

He works damn hard and deserves all the praise he can get.

I was speaking with Corky last night about Triforce; it appears that his heart is in the right place. It does appear that the EMP players somehow suffer under this shared burden and are unwilling to leave EMP because of their like/respect for Triforce. It seems that he does things not out of malice but out of naivete. That doesn't absolve him from blame at the failure of cultivating the EMP brand into something which isn't risible.

I thought it was quite poignant when he said Justin had sold out when he moved to Evil Geniuses.

Satyamdas

Banned
Kadey said:
Of course he's getting paid. But do you know why he is getting paid? No, he didn't just stand around and wait for shit to happen while spouting what ifs and what cans. He himself went to a company with a bad reputation and decided what would be going down. Marky is a huge reason why MadCatz is blown up to a level they've never reached before. So yeah, he deserves all the limelight and benefits he has gained thus far. Went from a arcade stick designer working very very long hours and never really being able to have a say in anything to a community manager between the company and the FGC itself. Personally I don't think he gets enough credit. Let's be real that MadCatz would not the the revived company that they are without him.
I don't doubt that Triforce isn't hustling but I don't see him making nearly as much of an effort to get to another level. And yeah for those companies, you have to work 9-5.
1. I think what MarkMan pulled off at MadCatz is nothing short of miraculous. Dude deserves every accolade he gets, probably deserves a raise, and is seriously a fucking boss. Just his tournament grind alone is insanely impressive. The man is everywhere at once. Always professional. MarkMan is so based he can fuck my bitches.

2. You don't know the extent to which Triforce is trying to get to the next level, and going off of results is not always an indicator of how hard someone is working towards something.

For example, at my job, there are salesmen who never do prospecting, take 3 hour lunches, sit on facebook for 3 hours, and yet they are always getting referrals and easy sales. They basically don't do any of the hard grinding work at all, but they get a lot of results. Then there are guys on the phone hustling for 6 hours a day who skip lunch altogether, bust their ass, who go days or even weeks without sales. And if you just look at their results, you could easily say "I don't see you making enough effort to get to another level." Well they are making the effort, but effort is not always rewarded with sales and prosperity when it comes to sales and growing a business.

I don't know what level of effort Triforce is putting in, but I'm not going to say it is too little just because I don't see results. My whole thing is that it doesn't seem like the effort matters much because the product he is offering is vapor. There isn't anything there for anyone to buy into. That is a whole separate problem and a pretty glaring one if you ask me. If I went to work and was told to sell a product, and when I asked what the product is so I could know how to sell it I got a bunch of nonsense that didn't describe anything, I would expect to have a tough time making sales. Hard to sell something when no one knows what the fuck it is you are offering, including yourself. That's how it looks to me.

Kadey said:
Yeah. I agree. At this point I think he just does and says stuff for the hell of it. Even bad publicity is good publicity. Anything to keep people aware of you. But it's way past the point of defending what you stand for. Time to take action. But what? It's been ten years?
Team Sp00ky today is what EMP should've been. But you can clearly see the differences between the two. While EMP has more tournament success in terms of winning, TS has done more for the community in the aspects of getting more viewers and people into it as well innovating things. Unlike Triforce, Sp00ky isn't hiding behind his players. And despite not really playing the games he is very knowledgeable on them and doesn't make any stupid claims. Don't touch his equipment or he'll fuck you up though.
It's amazing how things turn around though. You don't have to like the working system but don't insult the people who don't even necessarily like it but have to go with it.
That is a great point. The contrast between Sp00ky and Empire is very stark. Sp00ky provides a valuable service and has proven that he is qualified and reliable in providing it at a high quality. Then you have the Empire which can't even clearly articulate what service it is they provide. So we have seen Sp00ky's stock rising and Empire's falling almost in an inverse proportion even though they are not really related with each other. Ultimately I think it comes down to Triforce just not being realistic or pragmatic in analyzing the pro gaming landscape all those years ago, and also not having any alternate route or backup plan in case his main project didn't work out, which it hasn't.

So like I said, it's all on him. I'm not boo-hoo-hooing for him, I'm not throwing him a pity party. All I was saying is that on a gut level I feel like he is a guy who had great intentions for his players and his heart in the right place, but an equal level of ignorance and unrealistic expectations about what kind of profit could be generated simply by gathering good video game players under a banner. Without a sports industry-like infrastructure with big money and sponsors and marketing, you are basically just a clubhouse.

Rocwell

Thanks for all the support you guys. I still went 2 and out anyway :lol

First match was versus a chun player who was on team seattle and partnered with buktooth in a previous tourney. I think I still managed to take a game off him despite that being a tough match for Makoto, but that didn't stop him from dizzying me a few times and getting a perfect. My second match was a Makoto mirror
wtf?
which I don't have a ton of experience with. The match still went to the last round of the last game, so I wasn't exactly free. I still need more experience playing on xbox, I feel like the timing difference was throwing off my game since I haven't played on it for like a month now.

Anyway I popped my cherry and that's the important thing. Hopefully I won't have to work nights on weekends all the time anymore so I can start going to live sessions more frequently.

I think what Markman brought to Madcatz was a way to get revenue from an untapped market (fighting-game enthusiasts), which is in turn an extension of his fight stick enthusiasm. The Fight Stick, Fight Stick TE and Fight Pad were definitely great successes.

Markman was already a member of the community (Tekken Scene and SDtekken blog), so he always has his ear to the street.

But let's not act like Madcatz wasn't always a successful peripheral maker (it's just their reputation that wasn't the best with Enthusiast gamers, kind of like Hyundai. And just like Hyundai with the Genesis, etc, the right product came around to help change the enthusiast perception).

Let's be real, Gootecks advantage in the early days came from playing SFIV in the arcade, which allowed him to have early success (not to take anything away from him as a player). But going into Evo 09, he became less of a factor in tournaments.

But early on (if you watch the I Got Next Short Cuts), you could see that he wanted to capitalize on the SFIV and the upcoming fighting-game community explosion by holding Bar Fights, hosting the SF podcast, then expanding into Cross Counter, etc.

As Saty stated, there is no product in the Empire for Triforce to market (except for Justin Wong). I'm surprised he hasn't gotten a job with Nintendo with his love for their products. As long as he learns to curb some of his infantile behavior, he could be a great community manager.

Edit:That Bio of Justin Wong was ridiculous.

zlatko

Banned
Lost Fragment said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtvEH4Mrg5w&feature=feedu (NSFW language)

I think my favorite comment so far is "Hugo has really lost it."

I'm not completely sure what's going on here, but I know some internet drama is afoot, and I loves spectating me some internet drama.

What the fuck did I just watch? Who is this super tard?

As for the Triforce stuff I just always saw him as a joke character like Hakan in Super, or Sean in third strike. ;)

Dahbomb

Guys I am now currently hardcore into SSF4AE. Where can I find combo/block string lists, help videos, frame data and other information on particular characters. I have always been a SSF4 scrub (I used to play Balrog and Rose, now I am trying out newer characters especially the twins).

Most importantly Yun. Thanks in advance.

ZLATKO I FOUND YOU!!!! You lost the UMVC3 bet!!! Game has 12 characters and has Vergil too. You owe me.... something I don't know...

Random question: Is there a way to get a clear pause in the game? Any mode, I'd like to pause the game and observe some minor character details without menus getting in the way.

PS3 version.

Thanks.

h3ro

PsychoSoldier said:
I do have to wonder whether or not Team Madcatz considered putting EMP under their banner instead of DMG.

Would you want to be in a business partnership with Triforce?

Nyoro SF

Dahbomb said:
Guys I am now currently hardcore into SSF4AE. Where can I find combo/block string lists, help videos, frame data and other information on particular characters. I have always been a SSF4 scrub (I used to play Balrog and Rose, now I am trying out newer characters especially the twins).

ZLATKO I FOUND YOU!!!! You lost the UMVC3 bet!!! Game has 12 characters and has Vergil too. You owe me.... something I don't know...

If you don't mind reading my wall of text, I wrote down a small Yun guide here.
http://www.eventhubs.com/guides/2010/oct/03/yun-super-street-fighter-4-moves-combos-strategy-guide/

If you need the latest frame data for Yun, the SRK wiki has it here.
http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Super_Street_Fighter_IV_AE/Yun

And an easy blockstring for Yun is:
cr.LP, cr.LK, st.LP, (st.LP or cr.LP). Feel free to add or subtract any of the moves, as Yun has good frame advantage on all his light normals. That string is the most popular one though.

None of this has any meaning unless you practice though, so be sure to hit up training mode and online (if you don't lag).

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Dahbomb said:

Eww we don't need Yun players. Shoo shoo.

Aedile

Satyamdas said:
Unfortunately he seems to have a severe a disconnect with reality, because he doesn't seem to acknowledge that a business needs to offer goods or services in order to survive or even exist in the first place.

Not specific to Triforce per se, but if the scene wants to give people a chance of even earning a marginal living, it has to monetize streamed tournaments; waiting around for big-time endorsements to fund things just doesn't seem like it's going to happen. At one time that would have meant building a site from the ground up, but now Justin (and Nico) has the infrastructure to support it. I don't think I'm being too optimistic when I say that thousands (or even tens of thousands) of viewers would have been willing to pay a few bucks to watch something like CEO, ECT, WB or WCW, let alone EVO. Or there could be some sort of "season package" approach. Or there could be a more concerted effort behind the (failed?) effort to start a league for team-based play.

Triforce and the like do offer (yeah, indirectly on his part) a service that should be paid for: entertainment. I know that I've enjoyed watching tournament streams more than pretty much any sporting event, let alone the rest of the crap on television. And I think I'm far from alone there. That's why it seems like a damn shame that all of this top-shelf entertainment is being given to us in return for nothing more than (seemingly not overwhelming) donations. Somebody with a modicum of business sense (Triforce? Gootecks?*) needs to lock all these eyeballs into a revenue stream while the fighting game renaissance is still chugging along. (Mainly because I was never into MvC3 and think SFxT looks godawful, I also tend to feel that they have to do so NOW before casual interest drops off.)

*I once directed this rant in Gootecks' direction and suggested that he was the dude to pull it off. He basically said, "Who are you and why are you blowing smoke up my ass?" But I hope he thought about it.

sephi22

God's Beard said:
Yeah I watched King of Chinatown earlier and I think Gootecks was my favorite character. They made it seem like he saw through everything instantly and was the legitimate version of Triforce. Henry Cen was great, but he always has the best stuff to say no matter the occasion.
Mine too. The scene with him talking to those two girls in Keystone II was awesome. Shows how chill the dude is.

Satyamdas said:
As someone on the outside looking in, Triforce has always come across to me as a guy with his heart in the right place and who is passionate about gaming, but who doesn't have anything even remotely resembling a business plan. And so the way things run in the Empire just come across as mad shady, and it's why dudes like Henry Cen troll so hard about the guys in the ARC living off Chef Boyardee and Spaghetti-Os, tourney winnings paying the rent, and "contracts" drawn up on napkins. It's why there are so many ex-members.3
That's a pretty good analysis. Agree 100%
Also, I like your avatar, sir. (Am Indian myself.)

sephi22

The Take Out Bandit said:
Random question: Is there a way to get a clear pause in the game? Any mode, I'd like to pause the game and observe some minor character details without menus getting in the way.

PS3 version.

Thanks.
No, I don't think so

DjangoReinhardt

Thinks he should have been the one to kill Batman's parents.
Triforce strikes me as a dude with more passion than acumen. As far as I can tell, Empire, as a business entity, has basically been spinning its wheels for years because of a lack of vision from management. Why aren't they producing YouTube content like Gootecks and Mike Ross? Why don't they have a must-watch weekly stream? Given the amount of fighting game knowledge sitting in that house, they could have a great blog and/or podcast. Triforce was probably in a better position than almost anyone in the U.S. to capitalize on the post-SFIV opportunities, but everyone else keeps getting to them first.

Funny how these people like emp try to make a living from competitive gaming. But guys like daigo who actually hold a real job comes in and takes all the big money pots anyway, lol.

BotoxAgent said:
Funny how these people like emp try to make a living from competitive gaming. But guys like daigo who actually hold a real job comes in and takes all the big money pots anyway, lol.

That's funny. Isn't he a nurse? And honestly, there's no real money in the fighting game scene to do this full time wo living w your parents, roommates, etc.

I really wish someone would explain how there's so much money in the first person scene or Star Craft.

And I caved in and bought the DLC costumes for the third time on PC (since it was a pretty decent deal).

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Interesting info from Air;

Air said:
Poongko is in japan now and going even against most of the players except nekojitq abel (#1 abel)

None of them (Japanese players) know the match up, but he is going even with kazunoko (#1 overall in arcades)

Crisis

Banned
I want to take this opportunity to shame a few members of the SSFIV AE Xbox Live community. The gamertags Jaybird334 and atxfight are not only unbelievable assholes, but they are also cheaters. They lagged the game so bad, it was unreal.

In Jaybird334's case, I delivered a stunning ass-whooping with very, very minor lag when he played with Sagat. He challenged me again a few matches later using Ken, and had his headset on. He called me a "nigger" and a pussy and every other name you could think of during the match. I did not have a headset on nor was I ever responding to him. He lagged SO BAD as Ken it was surreal. It was sending out uppercuts when I didn't even input them. It kept not registering my throws and registering his uppercuts instead of those. It dropped to single frames per second. If you examined the match prior and then this match, you wouldn't think I was the same player. So I was pissed off, but I let it go and just proceeded onwards.

About 30 minutes later, our friend Jaybird334 kept joining my game. I kicked him from the game a bunch of times because he apparently couldn't take the hint. So he sent me a message calling me a pussy and would not fucking stop harassing me.

But atxfight, there's going to be a special level of hell for you and your internet connection bullshit. I essentially fisted atxfight's Makoto in round 1. Was it close? No. Not at all whatsoever. And I don't know that they're correlated or not, but at the BEGINNING of Round 2, the game just fucking grinds to a halt. It literally stops for about 6 seconds. It's in the low 10 FPS for the rest of the entire match. And in the third round, it kept registering me as walking backwards when I took my hands off the arcade stick. Wouldn't register input at all. So he just did the fist punch over and over and over knowing I couldn't block it.

Why bring this up? Because I know these fuckers cheated. I know they did. Each of them had a full green connection when they started the match. My internet connection is pretty damn good. If either of these assholes are GAFfers, I hope that they're publicly shamed for being no-good cheaters. You got to be pretty sad to pull that kind of bullshit in a video game, man.

Skullkid

I turn the voice volume down all the way by default on PSN. Too many idiots. That still does not stop them, though. I had one guy message me last night to "die of cancer" after beating him a few times in Endless. It wasn't until a little later that I figured it was a reference to me playing as Gen, but still uncalled for.

Satyamdas

Banned
Skullkid said:
I turn the voice volume down all the way by default on PSN. Too many idiots. That still does not stop them, though. I had one guy message me last night to "die of cancer" after beating him a few times in Endless. It wasn't until a little later that I figured it was a reference to me playing as Gen, but still uncalled for.
I'm pretty sure you are giving an angry troll far, far too much credit. They just aren't that clever.

Crisis

Banned
Satyamdas said:
I'm pretty sure you are giving an angry troll far, far too much credit. They just aren't that clever.

This is correct. XBL SSFIV AE GAF (Holy Acronyms, Batman): Please PM me so that I can add some friendly people to play against who are not notorious assholes.

I tend to mute people with mics when playing Street Fighter, actually I usually have the volume on mute in general and listen to something else while playing. But yeah, you'll find those types of people everywhere online, just not worth giving them the time of day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom