• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skullkid

Satyamdas said:
I'm pretty sure you are giving an angry troll far, far too much credit. They just aren't that clever.

Heh, good point. He did rage quit in the middle of the match after I hit a combo, so he must have been extra bitter.

holdbrillanj said:
Thinking of going to SvB this year, but i could really use a place to crash if anyone got room.

I'm not a rapist or a mass-murderer.
TX9cB.png

Dahbomb

Nyoro SF said:
If you don't mind reading my wall of text, I wrote down a small Yun guide here.
http://www.eventhubs.com/guides/2010/oct/03/yun-super-street-fighter-4-moves-combos-strategy-guide/

If you need the latest frame data for Yun, the SRK wiki has it here.
http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Super_Street_Fighter_IV_AE/Yun

And an easy blockstring for Yun is:
cr.LP, cr.LK, st.LP, (st.LP or cr.LP). Feel free to add or subtract any of the moves, as Yun has good frame advantage on all his light normals. That string is the most popular one though.

None of this has any meaning unless you practice though, so be sure to hit up training mode and online (if you don't lag).
Thanks man I appreciated. I picked up on that block string as well when I was practicing.

Mœbius

Spiderjericho said:
I really wish someone would explain how there's so much money in the first person scene or Star Craft.
I believe it's partly due to the platform. Basically the business model is fundamentally different with those games because, being on PC, the community is inherently able to have access to more potential funding and sponsorship options (both the players and the organisers) since there are so many PC-component and general electronics brands and so on who find the scene to be a good money-making opportunity and thus giving them incentive to be involved, which in turn provides a broad and substantial backbone to the scene.

So companies like Nvidia, ATI, Asus, Samsung, Razer and so on will sponsor events, provide equipment, have stands at events and of course sponsor players or entire teams to use their peripherals and sell their stuff... and PC gamers are genuinely more likely to buy into that stuff due to the nature of the enthusiast PC-building scene.

We can see a similar thing in the FGC with Madcatz and Hori, but it's simply not on the same scale, at least not enough to be a viable business model at the moment, since there is not really enough financial incentive for companies to get involved (sure people will buy TEs, Horis, and monitors, but what else is there to sell and will players and viewers be interested in buying? Maybe there just needs to be more hardware manufacturers getting involved in stick making...?)

I think people (like Gootecks, like the EVO organisers and Seth Killian / Capcom) need to think about and ask what the scene can offer to these kinds of companies (this could include the game developers and publishers, but not limited to them) and how to achieve that, coming up with a real, sustainable, business model. (Hey maybe fighting games should all switch to PC... :p)

That's just my take on it based on people I've spoken to in both scenes, I'm sure there are other factors too...

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I'm watching King of kong Chinatown.

Seems like Triforce is managing, getting contracts, etc. I don't see how people are saying that he's not doing anything. I'm not to the end yet though. It seems like ALL of the money is going back to EMP though and Justin isn't directly seeing any of it, which is awful. But it does seem like he's doing something.

Timedog said:
I'm watching King of kong Chinatown.

Seems like Triforce is managing, getting contracts, etc. I don't see how people are saying that he's not doing anything. I'm not to the end yet though. It seems like ALL of the money is going back to EMP though and Justin isn't directly seeing any of it, which is awful. But it does seem like he's doing something.
the thing is people are coming TO triforce with those things triforce isnt creating those things

I listened to the latest Wake Up SRK. A couple of interesting notes

-Much higher number of entrants compared to last year(no surprise here)
-SSF4AE take the top spot with Marvel 2nd, MK 3rd, and Tekken and Blazblue with a similar number of entrants
-Top 32 for SSF4 was a huge hit last year so this year they will do it again for both SSF4AE and Marvel

I have to say I'm very excited about Top 32 for both games. Top 32 for SSF4 was so hype last year. Easily some of the best matches seen at EVO or the entire 2010 year. Can't wait to watch it live(or maybe I'll be on stage as one of the competitors, lol, yeah right).

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
You don't even need a great PC to run it, unless it's more unoptimized than the last PC version. Get this shit huge in the PC gamers area. Make it the next big thing in PC land. Don't make PC an afterthought. Both Capcom AND Pro Gamers AND companies that want to market would benefit from this. People seem to think that fighting games need to stay on actual consoles, for no reason other than that Capcom is a console company. If it was heavily marketed towards the PC space, and marketed WITH the SF tournament scene, it could blow up.

IMO, blow up the tournament scene way fucking more. Our tournament scene is pretty interesting and less nerdy than most. My dudes can get into that shit. Sell more people, and sell more games, and sell more products.

tehron

Neo Member
ey all !
finally got my account approved and decided this was the best place to start !

short intro :
from Holland, scrubby SF player, tryin to main viper .
hope to play some of you online ! (connection to US usually good).
feel free to crush me on PSN : kshin010

also, i have mvc3 since day 1 , but i never got around to diving in yet .
have to admit EVO is gettin me hyped to start.

nyway, good to be here !

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
How well does SF4 PC handle hotplugging of controllers? As I understand it you need to set that stuff up before program launch.

Also, many devices that give the same button layout on a PS3 will reveal different button layouts when used on a PC. For example, a Hori RAP3, a Dualshock3 over USB, and an inPin converter all bind differently. With SF4's button config, this can be a pain in the ass to sort out.

SamVimes

Hitokage said:
How well does SF4 PC handle hotplugging of controllers? As I understand it you need to set that stuff up before program launch.

Also, many devices that give the same button layout on a PS3 will reveal different button layouts when used on a PC. For example, a Hori RAP3, a Dualshock3 over USB, and an inPin converter all bind differently. With SF4's button config, this can be a pain in the ass to sort out.
In AE PC (don't know about console) you can just press a button to bind it, the only problem is that i think you have to close the game before plugging in a new controller.

Hitokage said:

As mentioned above, you need to restart the game for it to recognize the controller. And I'll say the previous game was a little easier to configure the controller, as it was going by the buttons in the game versus key board buttons.

And with the PC version, there would be even more button checking. I do like the game's performance. I get 60 fps, 2XAA, everything on high on a mobile Nvidia 550M (which is lol).

So, does GAF do nightly PC Endless rooms?

Rice-Eater said:
I have to say I'm very excited about Top 32 for both games. Top 32 for SSF4 was so hype last year. Easily some of the best matches seen at EVO or the entire 2010 year. Can't wait to watch it live(or maybe I'll be on stage as one of the competitors, lol, yeah right).

What does this mean exactly? Top 32 as 'semifinals', then top 8 on Sunday, or Top32 as the 'finals' on Sunday?

Edit: Is the schedule out yet? I couldn't find it when I looked this weekend.

God's Beard said:
<Ponder`> btw, if you thought we were done with evo hype, you were wrong.
<Ponder`> adam sessler will be doing the finals on sunday with morgan webb
Lame.

Adam would be hype as long as there was someone else with him who knew what was going on.
I still dream of Adam and Yipes together on the mic.

God's Beard said:
So if anyone has any questions for Seth, tell me today or early tomorrow. So far it's basically all my own stuff.
Any chance of additional DLC characters or updates to AE or is that done now that xTekken is the new shit

notworksafe

_dementia said:
Any chance of additional DLC characters or updates to AE or is that done now that xTekken is the new shit
Answer will either be "No" or "We're looking into it" and the truth will be the opposite of whatever Seth says. :p

God's Beard said:

Bwahahahahahahahahahaha

Not only do they have 1 person that doesn't know what the hell is going on, they had to add someone else who is ignet (ignorant) on SF knowledge.

Crisis

Banned
God's Beard said:
So if anyone has any questions for Seth, tell me today or early tomorrow. So far it's basically all my own stuff.

"What the hell, man? What the hell?" Ask this, and you'll be my own personal hero.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
They're joking about he Sessler thing right?
I understand that it's good publicity but his commentary was ASS last Evo. We need someone that actually understands what the hell is going on during the match.

Anyhow, can't freaking wait for Evo. Shit will be mad hype. I just hope the stream holds up rock solid and can handle the traffic.

zlatko

Banned
God's Beard said:

m-bison-yes-yes-o.gif

All is right with the world. Epic lulz will ensue.

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
All my controllers made for 360 can be swapped without having to turn off the game, custom sticks using a converter have to turn off and on the game.

Wasn't finals last year done on stickcam, at least it's not that again.

God's Beard said:
Ask him how come there is no mvc3 pc release and also why do they continue to fuck over pc players. Thanks

itwasTuesday said:
All my controllers made for 360 can be swapped without having to turn off the game, custom sticks using a converter have to turn off and on the game.

Wasn't finals last year done on stickcam, at least it's not that again.
I think it was jtv, not stickcam

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK, my pool assignment

Station 7, Friday, 10:00 AM

I'm definitely not a morning person but it can't be helped. Maybe this will be a good thing. I imagine the ball room will be jam packed with people by the afternoon so the morning may be less of a clusterfuck. Although this probably means my dreams of being on the EVO stream are out the window since I don't believe they stream this early :*(

As for Sessler and Webb, maybe they mean covering the finals instead of taking over the stream. Or maybe we're just being trolled. But I can't imagine those two commentating any of the finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom