• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
pirateben said:
Yeah, although I remember hearing that he actually beasted on people in casuals outside of the national tournament games. Also hope Infiltration makes it to EVO again, would love to see more of his super aggressive Akuma.

Haunts beat him, as well as others at the National Tournament. All the World Tournament did was "expose" his flashy style. FMF says he beat him in an online set too.

Then there was that Korean tv show where the Japanese came and absolutely destroyed the top four or five Korean players.

But it looks like he's stepped his game up a lot. If he was styling on Infiltration like that (who did really well at Evo), then I'm sure he'd be an attraction at Evo 2011.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
_dementia said:
Kadey with the Dan comeback of the century :lol
one for the highlight reel
That shit was inspirational! Had to pick Dan.
Edit: Fuuuu, should have stuck with Dan lol.

@-PXG- , yup you on my friend's list. Catch you online later.

-PXG-

Kaako said:
Worrrd? I got no combos, no links, no setups so all I go by is guts and feeling lol. I also can't tech to save my life. :/
Need to seriously get some of the fundamentals down and better punish. :lol

Dan is my boi, but I think I'll get butchered against Kadey n them. lol
We playing right now man, you should join us. Fun games.

I would, but the sound of me moving my stick and slamming buttons will surely wake people up. Not in the mood for late night bitching :lol Speaking of which, I need to clean my stick....like bad. I'm not feeling the smudges or fingerprints so much.

But hey, we got plenty of time to play. I have you on PSN....or at least I think I do.

Solune said:
You dodged my challenge to prepare for your tourney and then you up and leave, ffffffffffff youuuuuu.

I'm not actually gone forever. I'll still be on PSN from time to time. Just not as often as Live from now on. My PS3 is moving to the living room for my bro to use so I can't switch between the two so easily like I want to. But I'll still be around sometimes, I love the PSN guys(no homo, wait, err forget it).

SephirothRK said:
I'm play XBL also, if you want to play :lol

Oh shit, I just can't hide from you and your laggy 1 frame links can I? At least this will be a chance to see what it's like on live against the same person with the same connection. I'm interested in seeing if Live can do better because our PSN matches were terribly laggy.

Kadey said:
How the hell do you wiff a point blank standing jab? Them hitboxes. :lol
IV9Kp.gif

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Taunt happy Juri was funny. He taunted all of us a bunch. I only taunted once, and that was on Kadey. Then she blew me up the sets afterward lmao.

-PXG-

Dem wiffs.

EDIT

I have a really bad feeling Yun is going to eat charge characters for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Jimmy McMillian...eat your heart out. If it wasn't 3 AM, I'd make a flowchart.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
vissione said:
Why are you guys playing so late? lol...
Im Behest
Started playing around 11:30pm eastern I think...good group so its hard to put the game down and go to sleep.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
dementia teach me Abel. How does he work? :lol
Kadey, I truly hate your Guile and Blanka haha. Good shit.
Now Floyd n them will be running a train through me...

vissione

Banned
Kaako said:
dementia teach me Abel. How does he work? :lol
Kadey, I truly hate your Guile and Blanka haha. Good shit.
Now Floyd n them will be running a train through me...

You and zero need to accept mah friend request :(

Satyamdas

Banned
the_log_ride said:
Yeah is anyone still playing? GAFChat was empty -_-
When are you going to leave the dark side and join the mighty 360 empire like Rice Eater & Joekage? I could use some Sim backup in our endless rooms and also I need someone to X-COPY since all my gimmicks are fully exposed and useless. D:

Satyamdas said:
When are you going to leave the dark side and join the mighty 360 empire like Rice Eater & Joekage? I could use some Sim backup in our endless rooms and also I need someone to X-COPY since all my gimmicks are fully exposed and useless. D:

Fixing my RROD 360 is on my to-do list this holiday break :lol

haunts

Bacon of Hope
I only played once and it was VS F. Champ but I am pretty sure her dash is way better. EX Hayate -> LP Fukiage in the corner is really easy. Seems like EX Karakusa has more range..

i dunno, fchamp got a 27 win streak with sim at the arcade. its hard to test stuff vs sim, esp with it being your one and only match of the night.

she feels more like "3s makoto" for some reason.

i recorded like 2 hrs of footage but against most of it is F. champ bodying people.

vissione

Banned
the_log_ride said:
Fixing my RROD 360 is on my to-do list this holiday break :lol

was gonna tell you we have a pretty big room going on right now with me, rice eater, floyd, kaako, somba, zero... but you're a traitor

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
haunts said:
I only played once and it was VS F. Champ but I am pretty sure her dash is way better. EX Hayate -> LP Fukiage in the corner is really easy. Seems like EX Karakusa has more range..

i dunno, fchamp got a 27 win streak with sim at the arcade. its hard to test stuff vs sim, esp with it being your one and only match of the night.

i recorded like 2 hrs of footage but against most of it is F. champ bodying people.

Nice to hear someone say they think ex karakusa has some more range. There's been some speculation from a few videos, but I haven't heard anybody who's played say they think it has more range. I guess maybe they just assumed it still had ass range and were only using it when they were right next to dudes or something.

Satyamdas

Banned
haunts said:

ibDXae.jpg

haunts said:

INTERESTED

edit: LOL @ Saty's & my instantaneous and similar responses :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

haunts

Bacon of Hope
f champ did the c. strong x2 into yoga flame at one point.

all the yuns were ASS but its to be expected, day one play. ex ducking with dudley looks cool but ppl were still getting used to it.

playing makoto was kind weird too, seemed like there was less recovery on her dash so the timing for a follow up move was strange.

it was a 2 hour wait for one game but it was on "free play" by the time i got there.

haunts said:
f champ did the c. strong x2 into yoga flame at one point.

all the yuns were ASS but its to be expected, day one play. ex ducking with dudley looks cool but ppl were still getting used to it.

playing makoto was kind weird too, seemed like there was less recovery on her dash so the timing for a follow up move was strange.

it was a 2 hour wait for one game but it was on "free play" by the time i got there.

was this Milpitas or Sunnyvale?

haunts

Bacon of Hope
This was at Milpitas. Sunnyvale got it but it ended up breaking for some reason so you could only play vs the CPU.

zlatko

Banned
So anyone have an opinion on the dumbest changes to AE?

For me it has to be the Guile nerf to how he builds meter with booms. I did think he needed a nerf to this, but they went overboard. In latest direct feed footage iplaywinner.com put up on their youtube there is a Guile vs Akuma match found here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7gvKu29QfQ

Somewhere like 12 minutes into it you can see what I mean. Guile does a total of 11 sonic booms and during this time also takes a few hits from Akuma to not gain even 1 stock of meter. That's so shitty. :/

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
zlatko said:

For me it has to be the Guile nerf to how he builds meter with booms. I did think he needed a nerf to this, but they went overboard. In latest direct feed footage iplaywinner.com put up on their youtube there is a Guile vs Akuma match found here:

Somewhere like 12 minutes into it you can see what I mean. Guile does a total of 11 sonic booms and during this time also takes a few hits from Akuma to not gain even 1 stock of meter. That's so shitty. :/

Yeah seems a bit drastic, more so knowing he has only 2 specials and one of them is gimped...

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
zlatko said:

At least for now, i dont think its that bad really, its one of the lowest risk special moves in the game

Rocwell

hitsugi said:
how do i keep missing psn gaf :( when do you guys get started?
PSN side has a lot of west coasters so people tend to start coming on like after 7 PM pacific at the earliest. Last night it sounds like people started playing after 11 though because that's when I had to go to bed.

Rocwell said:
PSN side has a lot of west coasters so people tend to start coming on like after 7 PM pacific at the earliest. Last night it sounds like people started playing after 11 though because that's when I had to go to bed.

I'm East coat, but I'm playing till 4-5 in the morning sometimes. I guess that makes sense if I'm playing a lot of West Coasters who are staying up late, but not as late as I am. But roc, why'd you go early. I thought you wanted a piece of me before I leave PSN? Oh well, there will be other opportunities. I just finished modding my stick(PS3 stick that is) and I need to put more time into since I made more then just aesthetic changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom