• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
hitsugi said:
how do i keep missing psn gaf :( when do you guys get started?

Most of time I get invites but the last two nights I've been creating the room myself.
I usually play the game before I go to sleep or when I'm in the middle of doing something. Late night is where all the fun is. Last night was the first time since Vanilla that I've played two nights in a row. It's mindless entertainment without being too serious. A lot of stupid stuff happens. I use a bunch of characters so there's variety.

Hopefully, I get back on Live soon. There are a few people whom I'm hunting down. :D

Imm0rt4l

After 6 months of being without a ps3 I finally got my ps3 fixed, but haven't been able to find SSF4 for the past 3 days, I can only assume I left it in my dorm before coming back to Vegas........

FFFFFFUUUUUU.jpg

DR2K

Banned
zlatko said:
So anyone have an opinion on the dumbest changes to AE?

For me it has to be the Guile nerf to how he builds meter with booms. I did think he needed a nerf to this, but they went overboard. In latest direct feed footage iplaywinner.com put up on their youtube there is a Guile vs Akuma match found here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7gvKu29QfQ

Somewhere like 12 minutes into it you can see what I mean. Guile does a total of 11 sonic booms and during this time also takes a few hits from Akuma to not gain even 1 stock of meter. That's so shitty. :/

Cammy's spike nerf(this shit was already unsafe and super punishable), they added a enough frames of recovery for it for you to be able to get up and get a sandwich in between.

Finally got my Hori VLX, it just feels so good having one of these things. I don't have SSF4 yet but I was able to test it out on SF4 PC and it feels great. BTW, I have some brand new friend invites from names I don't recognize. Are these 2 GAF'ers?

STi Taker
Translayer

Just wanted to confirm that before adding them. I figured they must be because I haven't even played a game on my Xbox yet but I just wanted to make sure.

Rice-Eater said:
Finally got my Hori VLX, it just feels so good having one of these things. I don't have SSF4 yet but I was able to test it out on SF4 PC and it feels great. BTW, I have some brand new friend invites from names I don't recognize. Are these 2 GAF'ers?

STi Taker
Translayer

Just wanted to confirm that before adding them. I figured they must be because I haven't even played a game on my Xbox yet but I just wanted to make sure.

Yeah, both are gaffers.

Translayer is SephirothRK

4cf6f.png

Sti Taker is TakerRx or something like that. He hasn't posted in awhile though.

Anybody on right now for some quick matches?

And damn, guile's meter building really got boned. I could have sworn that Sim was supposed to suffer the same fate

black_vegeta said:
Yeah, both are gaffers.

Translayer is SephirothRK

4cf6f.png

Sti Taker is TakerRx or something like that. He hasn't posted in awhile though.

Damn that's Seph, he must be salty because last night he tried to get on PSN with us but couldn't connect. But even if he did, he and I are a 1 bar connection. I hope our matches over XBox Live will be a different experience. Thanks to everybody who answered me.

Rice-Eater said:

STi Taker
Translayer

I just sent u one: jenova777 in case u dont recognize me :)

haunts said:
F. Champs reign of terror is streaming right now. lol.

Yeah, I'm sure the people he was playing against were good, but it did look free. And I'm sure a lot of them wanted to try out new characters or what not and were mauled by the stretching arms of justice.

I just asked but was Ricky O, Vangief, Choi or anyone else @ MGL?

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Spiderjericho said:
Yeah, I'm sure the people he was playing against were good, but it did look free. And I'm sure a lot of them wanted to try out new characters or what not and were mauled by the stretching arms of justice.

I just asked but was Ricky O, Vangief, Choi or anyone else @ MGL?

ricky, john, seth and buktooth were there off the top of my head. ricky and john played some rounds for ryan but it closed before they could get on and play.

ppl were pissed he was playing sim and not a new character. :lol

Rice-Eater said:
Damn that's Seph, he must be salty because last night he tried to get on PSN with us but couldn't connect. But even if he did, he and I are a 1 bar connection. I hope our matches over XBox Live will be a different experience. Thanks to everybody who answered me.
:lol I went on xbl afterward and went into the srklive lobby and owned everyone and make everyone leave the room :(, it was kinda late anyway.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
CaptainMintMan said:
...So, what does Mak-GAF do when getting pressured beyond recognition by Fei-Fei's and Juri's? Played against A ranked ones today and I come very close to beating them but when they pressure back, it's game. Where's AE when you need it? 3: Safe dash-ins, all day.

Fei Long imo is one of her worst matches and it's not gonna change much in AE. He beats you on the ground, you can't jump in because of dp, and it's hard to escape his pressure game once he gets going. My strategy for this match is to stay just outside of rekka range and neutral jump. This doesn't work if he's spamming chicken wings though, so show him that he can't do that for free first by smacking him out of the air with st.mp. Once you get his back on the ground, he's relatively easy to safe jump because his dp is 5 frames.

Juri's easier, but she does have some annoying buttons. You gotta be more careful with st.mps in this match because her cr.mk (I think that's the one?) goes under them. It can be a little hard to jump at her because she has a lot of good aa normals, but late ex tsuguri beats them all. I think. Avoid getting cornered at all costs, because her corner game is really deadly. Good Juris will want to get you in the corner as soon as possible, so be on the lookout for forward throws. Once you get her knocked down, mix things up between safe jumps and empty jumps into throws because pinwheel isn't safe on block, and her armor parry thing can be thrown. Or if she's doing parry too much, just oroshi because it breaks armor and leads to a lot of damage. You can also get meaty oroshi to trade with wakeup ex pinwheel, but the timing is kinda fickle and I don't know of any reliable setups to get it to trade.

cHaotix8

the_log_ride said:
Wow EX MGB > Ducking Straight > EX Ducking Upper

edit: wow you can plug in PS controllers for AE

I'd like to see the additional damage that combo does compared to lp. mgb as an ender. I don't think it will be worth the additional meter, honestly.

Hey Dartastic. Are you the same name on XBL? If so I think you just beat my Honda like 10 min ago. Would be the first time that I've ever run into a GAFfer online as I don't play a ton, and when I do I play at odd times.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
hitsugi said:
yummy. I've been trying to figure out something that works with his teleport during super, but no luck D:

Close standing fierce xx teleport... repeat until it's over. It works and does 40 - 45% :p

I have lots of combos for the twins. :lol

Joekage

Been waiting all week for AE to drop at UFO and the day they get it, I'm stuck at work for the whole weekend. Get blow up work schedule. :(

hitsugi

Oichi said:
Close standing fierce xx teleport... repeat until it's over. It works and does 40 - 45% :p

I have lots of combos for the twins. :lol

I thought that worked.. works mid-screen as well?

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Yup, works anywhere, but it's a bit hard to do at first.

With Yun you can literally carry anyone to the corner with just HP palm -> MP rush punch repeated. Doing that over and over again will net you a good 450 damage depending on how it scales. For testing I was just doing Level 3 FA, HP Shoulder canceled into Genei Jin and then the above combo and I got 500 - 550ish.

Dartastic

TheFightingFish said:
Hey Dartastic. Are you the same name on XBL? If so I think you just beat my Honda like 10 min ago. Would be the first time that I've ever run into a GAFfer online as I don't play a ton, and when I do I play at odd times.
Hahah, yeah that was me. Just picked up Cammy for the first time, I usually play Makoto. LOVING Cammy tho. Gg!

Dartastic said:
Hahah, yeah that was me. Just picked up Cammy for the first time, I usually play Makoto. LOVING Cammy tho. Gg!

Heh nice. That's why I wasn't sure if it was you, since I've only ever seen you talking about Mak on here. Glad you didn't play her since I just lost to your day zero Cammy, I wouldn't even have a prayer against Makoto. Picking up a new character is always fun. I just blew up my Vega about a week or so ago and started in with Honda. I think he suits me well as I can get some pretty big damage from really simple execution. I still fold like origami under pressure though, just like you did to me in the third round.

Lost Fragment said:
Cen on the Spooky stream saying a distributor told him AE DLC is coming out in June. Might be trolling though, so, grain of salt.

Also saying that there's a 12 digit password to enter in the system settings. Possibly related to more characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom