• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
kiryogi said:
Re: Latif being helpless vs Fuudo

Apparently Latif was dead on arrival regardless. Fuudo trained with Mago on all the Viper tricks. Which is funny considering Mago's performance, but supposedly Mago didn't care about Evo and only wanted to hang out with his friends.
Is that why he didn't play Fei Long against Justin?

the_log_ride said:
You gonna make the switch? ;)

You, Saty and Arturo are my heroes but I do miss going into maul mode with Bison. You moving to Fei speaks volumes to just move on. The way Fuudo plays was really eye opening. Spacing himself just in rekka range with all his AAs queued up is perfect for a Sim player to transition to.
Flame kick FADC is crazy. Blocked? Safe. Hit? Chickenwing -> rekkas.

mr. puppy said:
Could somebody maybe help me understand why Poongko's Seth kept winning? I can't really figure it out. I suck at analyzing high level SFIV
Well, you see, Poongko took off his jacket and belt. He could have defeated Fuudo but he was too shy to remove his pants and undershirt.

MiniBossBattle said:
You, Saty and Arturo are my heroes but I do miss going into maul mode with Bison. You moving to Fei speaks volumes to just move on. The way Fuudo plays was really eye opening. Spacing himself just in rekka range with all his AAs queued up is perfect for a Sim player to transition to.
Flame kick FADC is crazy. Blocked? Safe. Hit? Chickenwing -> rekkas.

I'm a fraud, man. Don't include me with those guys. But at any rate, I'm not gonna play 'Sim until the "version 2012" update surfaces.

I migrated to Fei to see how it'd be to play a "top tier" character, and it's pretty fun. He's go the tools to play offensively and defensively. Roc was giving me some pointers on his ins and outs. It's pretty simple enough keeping opponents at bay with your pokes, pushing them into the corner. From there you can creative. Watching Fuudo do his thing last night was great; there's LOTS to analyze...

Busaiku

_dementia said:
Is that why he didn't play Fei Long against Justin?
Sagat is a much better option against Rufus.
Not that Fei Long's bad.

I think Justin said he played Mago in a long set at Canada Cup, and really beat him there.

I just noticed the three Americans in top 8 are all Viper players.

I hope they don't change her in the new version.

And despite what some might say, Latif is probably the hottest player in the country with SBO, Revelations, Evo, PJS Stream, etc. Krone is probably the second, but I'd say becuz everyone is sort of split SF, MVC3, MK, etc.

DON'T JUDGE ME!

I'm trying to lower my blood pressure. Hopefully he gets a little better with this next update. And Saty says he's supposed to be crazy in SFxTekken. 'Wonder if that'll last all the way until the final build...

Rentahamster said:
Ah. Well, I still seem to do alright in general, even though I get blown up by the bad matchups. I just don't have time to learn more characters.

Plus, I love dat Yoga, it's so fucking annoying for my opponents.

Fight the good fight, Renta. There needs to be a place for defensive zoning characters...

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Ah. Well, I still seem to do alright in general, even though I get blown up by the bad matchups. I just don't have time to learn more characters.

Plus, I love dat Yoga, it's so fucking annoying for my opponents.

Edgeward

Don't mash. Every normal has a different timing/window so you just need to know the rhythm and commit it to muscle memory. Some even require a slight pause to allow for the follow-up to combo because of cancel properties

For example, Cammy's cr lk cr lp cr lk SA requires a slight slight pause in between cr lp to cr lk. If you do it too fast SA will not come out. And slower combos, if you do it too early the move will not come out so hitting it correctly timed is a must. You just have to train and feel confident in the rhythm, because ideally you want to be able to hit the combo without visual aid in matches.

LogicStep

Edgeward said:
Don't mash. Every normal has a different timing/window so you just need to know the rhythm and commit it to muscle memory. Some even require a slight pause to allow for the follow-up to combo because of cancel properties

For example, Cammy's cr lk cr lp cr lk SA requires a slight slight pause in between cr lp to cr lk. If you do it too fast SA will not come out. And slower combos, if you do it too early the move will not come out so hitting it correctly timed is a must. You just have to train and feel confident in the rhythm, because ideally you want to be able to hit the combo without visual aid in matches.
This is proving incredibly hard lol. I'm just jumping from character to character and so far Juri seems like the one for me after trying like half the cast.

I don't think I'll play this game once Ultimate comes out. AE 2012 doesn't help since I don't like this game that much to begin with. Once I'm in San Francisco next month I'll be able to find people to play Marvel against.

I might play Cross Tekken, but it feels really weird. You have to hold forward to do Sim's long normals, and the game slows to a crawl right now if you do the Cross Rush attack, and it's basically unplayable if both characters use it. They'll probably fix that, but I don't see it having better online than SF4.

zlatko

Banned
God's Beard said:
I don't think I'll play this game once Ultimate comes out. AE 2012 doesn't help since I don't like this game that much to begin with. Once I'm in San Francisco next month I'll be able to find people to play Marvel against.

I might play Cross Tekken, but it feels really weird. You have to hold forward to do Sim's long normals, and the game slows to a crawl right now if you do the Cross Rush attack, and it's basically unplayable if both characters use it. They'll probably fix that, but I don't see it having better online than SF4.

The Beard man himself. What happened to that S.Kill interview you were hoping to nab? Did it come to fruition or was he too hard to get a hold of during the busiest EVO weekend I think he ever had?

zlatko said:
The Beard man himself. What happened to that S.Kill interview you were hoping to nab? Did it come to fruition or was he too hard to get a hold of during the busiest EVO weekend I think he ever had?

I didn't get him, but at the same time the majority of the questions were answered or made clear they wouldn't be answered at the panels. The rest I didn't really care about. I'm still going to send him a list of some of the stragglers to see if I can squeeze out more info, and when I do, I'll post it in with the rest of the footage and info I got from EVO on marvel/cross tekken in one big post.

God's Beard said:
I didn't get him while sober, but at the same time the majority of the questions were answered or made clear they wouldn't be answered at the panels. The rest I didn't really care about. I'm still going to send him a list of some of the stragglers to see if I can squeeze out more info, and when I do, I'll post it in with the rest of the footage and info I got from EVO on marvel/cross tekken in one big post.
Fixed. ;)

SmokeMaxX

Had a friend who played one of the Japanese killers miss a ton of links during his match. He was really confused, but the Japanese player was missing a TON of links as well and so he asked him after the match if it was laggy. The Japanese player said it was.

Edgeward

zazrx said:
This is proving incredibly hard lol. I'm just jumping from character to character and so far Juri seems like the one for me after trying like half the cast.

Just piece meal it. You have to find out the timing in each step, how st lp links to cr mp, or cr hp to cr mk, so on so forth . And be careful not to churn the stick either because you might end up cancelling into something you don't want, like super effectively wasting your whole meter.

USD

I'm thoroughly convinced I will always be mediocre at best at this game. I don't think I've ever been as frustrated with a game since Halo 2, but I was actually good at Halo. It's not that I hate losing, it's that I hate losing while at the same time feeling like I'm not improving at all.

I need to stop playing this game when I'm irritable though, not a good look.

USD said:
I'm thoroughly convinced I will always be mediocre at best( at this game. I didn't think I've ever been as frustrated with a game since Halo 2, but I was actually good at Halo. It's not that I hate losing, it's that I hate losing while at the same time feeling like I'm not improving at all.

I need to stop playing this game when I'm irritable though, not a good look.

I feel the same way. I became really great at Halo. I played a lot though, certainly much more than Street Fighter. I'll probably just start grinding it out like I did with Halo.

kirblar

One of the problems Latif ran into was that Food just punished his EX Seismo wakeups over and over- are EX Burn Kick or EX Thunder Knuckle viable at all on wake up for "GTFO" moves?

EVO was fun. Beat Ryan Hart, CJ Truth, and XSK Samurai in a mini 32 man tourney and won a Hori V3, which now belongs to Henry Cen lol.

Played Infiltration and RF in casuals too. I stopped RF's 26 win streak, and almost beat him in our set. Went to the last game last round and he prevailed. Infilitration on the other hand, beat him convincingly the first round. Then blinked and I lost 4 rounds in a row...

Got sent to losers by B. Ken, and literally handed Shiro the win. I dropped the winning ultra for the first game and messed up canceling into a shouken in the second game. But he did triple dash into ultra on Momochi, so it's all good. ^_^

dragonballjoseph said:
EVO was fun. Beat Ryan Hart, CJ Truth, and XSK Samurai in a mini 32 man tourney and won a Hori V3, which now belongs to Henry Cen lol.

Played Infiltration and RF in casuals too. I stopped RF's 26 win streak, and almost beat him in our set. Went to the last game last round and he prevailed. Infilitration on the other hand, beat him convincingly the first round. Then blinked and I lost 4 rounds in a row...

Got sent to losers by B. Ken, and literally handed Shiro the win. I dropped the winning ultra for the first game and messed up canceling into a shouken in the second game. But he did triple dash into ultra on Momochi, so it's all good. ^_^
I'm sure you meant Xian instead of Momochi.

Good shit regardless.

Edgeward

Just saw the redemption suite 5v5 US/JP. Holy shit, Fuudo's ability to adapt and dissect the opponent is incredible. And his pressure is amazing, he has no fear because it's so sure of his predictions. I get scared just watching his pressure game.

Khal_B

Edgeward said:
Just saw the redemption suite 5v5 US/JP. Holy shit, Fuudo's ability to adapt and dissect the opponent is incredible. And his pressure is amazing, he has no fear because it's so sure of his predictions. I get scared just watching his pressure game.

Yeah, Fuudo's play was amazing during those games. Throughout the enitre night he was brilliant actually, dude's a monster.

Another highlight was Singapore vs Japan. The room was dead silent during the final match between the Xian and Mago, the two last members of their respective teams. Xian almost brought it back for the OCV, but Mago showed why he's Mago and got his revenge, and the win, for Team Japan.

Great stuff.

unfortunately, I didn't get to watch a lot of evo (just a few matchs including the fuudo v poongko, poongko v daigo and a few of latifs matches). Anyone know what happened to Banana Ken? Obviously he didn't win, but how far did he end up going and are there any of his matches up?

USD

I bet Fuudo will get a sizable jump in the GODSGARDEN voting because of EVO. As of two weeks ago he was #19, not terrible, but not enough to get the invite (#11 and up).

Also just realized, we're not that far off from |OT4|. Need AE in the title and a newer tagline anyway.

kitzkozan

Edgeward said:

Like I said in the EVO thread, Fei Long's Ultra 2 has never looked so good. There was one occasion where he correctly predicted what Latif wanted to do when he jumped, but initiated U2 just a fraction of a second too fast. Just gave his opponent a small window for not pushing a button.

It's no wonder that he pounded Wolfkrone and made him look like a scrub. He was being read like a book and that sick pressure got to him real fast...

USD

SamVimes said:
I really hope to see Momochi's Ken or Cody in GG.
GODSGARDEN is character-lock, and since Momochi earned his spot by winning Niconico Stream Battle with Yun as his registered character, he's locked as Yun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom