• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Tashi0106 said:
WTF is this AE June 2011 talk in the Sp00ky stream? Just a joke?

I hope so

Even if the June date isn't 100% accurate, I guarantee it's not coming out any time soon. So it should be anywhere around there.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Lost Fragment said:
Even if the June date isn't 100% accurate, I guarantee it's not coming out any time soon. So it should be anywhere around there.

Man that's a real let down. I was hoping to get this at least in the winter.

Threi

notag
:bow: spooky :bow:

*edit*

Dieminion: "If you mained a new char in SSF4 in AE you will be 5x better in the transition"

:lol It would be nice if it was that easy

hitsugi

remember when I said not to expect it before may-june and people threw a fit about how insanely unrealistic that was? thanks.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Tashi0106 said:
Man that's a real let down. I was hoping to get this at least in the winter.

Game just came out in arcades and the cabs are expensive. Arcade owners wouldn't have much of a chance to make a profit off their investment if the DLC came out any time soon. If it comes out before Evo I'll be surprised.

Dartastic

TheFightingFish said:
Heh nice. That's why I wasn't sure if it was you, since I've only ever seen you talking about Mak on here. Glad you didn't play her since I just lost to your day zero Cammy, I wouldn't even have a prayer against Makoto. Picking up a new character is always fun. I just blew up my Vega about a week or so ago and started in with Honda. I think he suits me well as I can get some pretty big damage from really simple execution. I still fold like origami under pressure though, just like you did to me in the third round.
...I wouldn't be too sure about that, I have some problems with the Honda matchup, and I have a hard time maintaining pressure with Mak. I'm really not too hot with her at all, and I feel like with Cammy I'm having a great time just with dive kick pressure. Can't wait to play Yun and Yang... :lol

If the DLC is really coming out in June they better give us more than just four (assuming Evil Ryu and Shin Akuma are playable) new characters.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
so if its coming this summer on console, than i can see Capcom adding 3 more characters(the char selection design looks fishy)

Lost Fragment said:
Game just came out in arcades and the cabs are expensive. Arcade owners wouldn't have much of a chance to make a profit off their investment if the DLC came out any time soon. If it comes out before Evo I'll be surprised.

June is before Evo though.

Lost Fragment said:

I hope they're right for a couple of reasons.

Arcades should get a chance to recoup somewhat.
I want Marvel to get some shine, both at launch and at Evo.
I need to go on a redeem tour with Super Cammy at the next Evo :D

I'd rather not have a big playtime disadvantage next year compared to bigger scenes than the one I'm part of. At least if it's not at the next Evo, it likely won't affect my major-going in anyway; I can play catchup after Evo.

Man, that wait until summer for console release is killer. I just hope it comes out before EVO at least.

I also think that is too long a wait for DLC for a non blockbuster game (a year long?).

MoxManiac

June's cool with me. I'll be entirely distracted by Mahvel 3 by then and it'll take something like DLC to get me interested in SSF4 again by then.

anyone want to play a really terrible abel right now? I'm trying to practice and somehow manage to get my game up, but its pretty ugly right now

PSN: runant83

robotzombie said:
anyone want to play a really terrible abel right now? I'm trying to practice and somehow manage to get my game up, but its pretty ugly right now

I'll add you. 'Always looking to get better at the Abel matchup

Yo Akumahokoru, 3 bucks isn't bad, I've only got $2.50.

qXwPJ.jpg

Cen saying AE plays aggressive like 3rd Strike? Sounds good to me.

the_log_ride said:
I'll add you. 'Always looking to get better at the Abel matchup

Thanks man

And anyone else looking to beat up on a weak Abel and then tell me all the reasons why I'm bad so I can actually start getting good at this game, feel free to add me

God's Beard said:
Cen saying AE plays aggressive like 3rd Strike? Sounds good to me.

Keep in mind this is coming from a Honda character who can't play vanilla/super style honda anymore :lol :lol Not holding down-back is probably a whole new world to him LOL.

Hmm, I think with certain characters having buffs (mak, dudley, sak, hakan, etc.) and the 2 twins having good offense there's a varied representation, but at the same time, a lot of offense was also removed from the game (cammy going from mixup -> counterhit, gief losing mixup, Ibuki's mixup getting nerfed, rufus losing full damage on U2 AA making jump back not as scary against him, etc. etc.)

If anything, the offense is just being transferred from one group of characters to another, so it just feels new hence his statement.

The game was already a lot more offensive and footsie oriented than 3rd strike though at top level play, so the comparison doesn't really matter too much. You look at top 8 EVO matches or top 8 matches from any major really, and it's a lot more offense oriented than Yun running away until he gets genei jin, or Chun just being a bitch of a wall non stop.

Morris

Disco Devil
robotzombie said:
Thanks man

And anyone else looking to beat up on a weak Abel and then tell me all the reasons why I'm bad so I can actually start getting good at this game, feel free to add me

I can probably teach you a thing or two about dat Abul, i'm mad scrubby though.

Add me: FloydM7

Threi

notag
FindMyFarms said:
The game was already a lot more offensive and footsie oriented than 3rd strike though at top level play, so the comparison doesn't really matter too much. You look at top 8 EVO matches or top 8 matches from any major really, and it's a lot more offense oriented than Yun running away until he gets genei jin, or Chun just being a bitch of a wall non stop.
glad someone finally said it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom