• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hitsugi

Marathonfool said:
:lol You can start a round off with a SPD.

That might be possible if someone whiffs a random move at the start :lol The only option vs Gief will be... backdash or jump at the start of each round

XenoRaven

hitsugi said:
Pretty sure Nuki isn't coming back until chun gets better.. He used to play Akuma, Ryu, and Sagat in other games as well as Chun so I don't see what's stopping him
But Chun is the super top tier best forever!!! I know because that's what everyone tells me.

hitsugi said:
That might be possible if someone whiffs a random move at the start :lol The only option vs Gief will be... backdash or jump at the start of each round

Gief slight walk back SPD against Fei's start of round Fierce Rekka?

haunts

Bacon of Hope
im like 90% sure makotos ex karakusa has way more range now. it hasn't wiffed once since ive been playing her in AE.

Haunts with the vicious Makoto w mixups. You seem to be getting the hang of her.

The only comment/question I have is in another video against a Yang. You got hit with two palms, which took of 50 percent of your health. Is that because of her 1000 HP or rubber band?

Can any of the other Dudley players out there help me form a basic gameplan? I feel like that's one of the main things holding me back right now. I understand all of his combos, I have a bunch of gimmicks and I'm getting closer with my meaty timing, but my games are so back and forth because my approach to fighting with Dudley is really inconsistent. I back off, I go all in, it's really random.

Here's an example of what I mean. First round is pretty solid, but then it all falls apart for no real reason.

In other news, fuck you chaotix!

I won't believe that was a reaction.

Joekage

FindMyFarms said:
It was a reaction... andre was on dat UGH juice
:lol :lol

yo ugh,

Damn work prevented me from going to UFO to test out changes but me and chaotix are rolling through tomorrow for sure. Also, XBL peeps, my Live membership kinda ended and I'm too lazy to turn it back on now :(. Will just go ahead and get a year subscription tomorrow and stop bumming trial subscriptions off people :(

cHaotix8

God's Beard said:
In other news, fuck you chaotix!

I won't believe that was a reaction.

Haha, yeah I was expecting you to try to chip me out with rekkas. I figured it was either those or a forward dash. :p

GG's Gods Beard. With regards to a Dudley game-plan, you just have to find a way to get in and quickly get your damage with fwd. mk frame traps. If they don't press buttons, grab them. Even then, you want to make the knockdown scary enough that they want to tech/grab. Dudley already does this pretty well with safe jumps, back-dash OS's with fwd mk>lp DP/ultra II and baiting reversals. It also helps a lot if you can anti air well, which is something I'm always working on myself.

Hope that helps.

FindMyFarms said:
It was a reaction... andre was on dat UGH juice

Yo, stuff should be banned in tournaments! :lol

Alot of poeple are now saying that ryu isnt top tier but anymore, but when u think about it his 3 worst matchups were dhalsim, abel, and guile i think. And all 3 of those characters got significantly nerfed while ryu's only big change was the removal of runaway tatsu. So im thinkin he is just as good in ae or even better.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
ThatCrazyGuy said:
Hey Haunts,

What kind of cabs do they have at MGL?

Not sure but they are nice head to head -- they look like the original SF4 vewlix kinda but not sure if they are custom made or what..

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
biosnake20 said:
Alot of poeple are now saying that ryu isnt top tier but anymore, but when u think about it his 3 worst matchups were dhalsim, abel, and guile i think. And all 3 of those characters got significantly nerfed while ryu's only big change was the removal of runaway tatsu. So im thinkin he is just as good in ae or even better.
Ryu was never top tier. He's simply capable in most situations.

Furthermore, that line of reasoning ignores how many characters that previously weren't a problem are now better.

Imm0rt4l

How's guiles air throw looking? I hope they nerfed the fuck outta that shit.

biosnake20 said:

ryu's never been top, he's just really well rounded.

DR2K

Banned
Ryu has always been top tier. He has absolutely everything going for him. Who knows whats going to happen in AE.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Who would you pros suggest as a secondary character for someone who plays Fei Long pretty much exclusively? Keep in mind I'm pretty scrubby, too (I have to struggle just to keep my win % at 45% or so :lol).

cHaotix8

Ryu was pretty good in Vanilla. Still, I'd think his biggest nerf would be to cr. mk. He could bully a lot of the cast as well as get out of quite a few mix-ups with it.

DR2K

Banned
black_vegeta said:
Scrubs say Ryu is/was top tier.

That fucker is over-rated.

Tournament results say he's number one, last I checked.

edit- his crmk got nerfed? Glorious. In what way?

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
DR2K said:

How many Ryus do well consistently at tournaments? Valle and Daigo are the only ones that come to mind.

Not saying he's not good, but yeah.

DR2K said:
edit- his crmk got nerfed? Glorious. In what way?

Fewer active frames IIRC. Comparable to Akuma's cr.mk.

DR2K said:

yeah that same list had dhalsim as number 2. :lol

i think that shit happens what your stat based tier list consists of only watching daigo and filipino champ/sabin.

zlatko

Banned
Imm0rt4l said:
Yea he is, when was the last time a Ryu not named Daigo won a major?

Can't the same be said about other pro players who win majors with their mains?

There is a handful of really solid Ryu's out there, but the same can be said for any character.(almost)

I do always wonder why, other than obvious reasons, people pick to play Ryu when they KNOW being as good as Daigo is with him is in a sense a waste of time. I respect if you play him because he's your favorite and meshes with your play style the most(valle), but there really can't be THAT many people who are like Alex or Air or Ryan Heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom