• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
the ryu c.mk nerf is pretty brutal..it looks really weird now, almost glitchy, like he broke his leg or something.

cHaotix8 said:
GG's Gods Beard. With regards to a Dudley game-plan, you just have to find a way to get in and quickly get your damage with fwd. mk frame traps. If they don't press buttons, grab them. Even then, you want to make the knockdown scary enough that they want to tech/grab. Dudley already does this pretty well with safe jumps, back-dash OS's with fwd mk>lp DP/ultra II and baiting reversals. It also helps a lot if you can anti air well, which is something I'm always working on myself.

Hope that helps.

Yo I know what Duds can do, but I mean like a gameplan. Just plow in and go nuts and never stop, basically? I can anti air, but the people I play against only jump when it's safe or they play Cammy. I'm really bad at meaties, though. Meaty attacks should stuff dps, right?

Imm0rt4l

haunts said:
the ryu c.mk nerf is pretty brutal..it looks really weird now, almost glitchy, like he broke his leg or something.
On the bright side its one less frame to get spd'd.

it's a wrap for ryu

The nerfs Ryu's getting make me curious bout his evil variant.

Satyamdas

Banned
DarkoMaledictus said:
Seriously, why did they increase that range? His SPD's are already a pain to deal with...now its worst?
They increased his LP SPD range because now that EX Green Hand doesn't knock down it will be much harder for him to knock down and run any mixups. Seriously, it's not that big of a deal, and if anything it seems to me like they finally translated the crazy huge SPD range from the SF2 games into SF4.

cHaotix8

God's Beard said:
Yo I know what Duds can do, but I mean like a gameplan. Just plow in and go nuts and never stop, basically? I can anti air, but the people I play against only jump when it's safe or they play Cammy. I'm really bad at meaties, though.

How you approach a fight is really matchup specific. A good thing to do is test if the person you're playing against is good at anti airing. If not, just jump at them and start your offense. Personally though, I find the most success waiting on the opponent to jump at me, or if they're a fireball character, give me a opening to start my offense. When I have a really big lead and I can't chip them out, I'll usually back off and let them come to me again. Then again, I'm known for playing a very lame Dudley. :p

If they are using normals with a lot of recovery, catch them with a lvl 2 focus, which is +1 even if they block. And If they're trying to play footsies with you, stay out of range of their poke of choice and try to punish it with st. RH xx MGB (assuming you can against said character). This is probably the hardest thing to master with Dudley so I definitely feel you there.

Meaty attacks should stuff dps, right?

Nope. If they have invincibility you're lucky if you even get a trade.

Ok, I'll just go random. I like option selecting RH and fMK. Whiff normals, build that 3rd strike meter aww yeah.

cHaotix8 said:
Nope. If they have invincibility you're lucky if you even get a trade.

That... really sucks. Here I thought I was just bad at meaties. Damn your Cammy, Vexco!

I wish people played Jojo. It's really fun.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Satyamdas said:
They increased his LP SPD range because now that EX Green Hand doesn't knock down it will be much harder for him to knock down and run any mixups. Seriously, it's not that big of a deal, and if anything it seems to me like they finally translated the crazy huge SPD range from the SF2 games into SF4.

Forgot about the green hand nerf. Might make sense, will have to wait until I see it in action.

Dartastic

Sorta unrelated, but yeah. I've only been playin fighting games for a couple of years. I enjoyed them, but I never really had any good competition; I could basically jump in and kick people in the face and then sweep them and I'd win. So, back when HDR came out I was living in the bay, and n3ss invited me over to play some, since I was handling him in Smash Bros. Heh. Wound up hanging out with Haunts and a couple other guys, and played HDR a bunch. Yeah. I got handled. Bad. That's basically what got me into fighting games. I moved out of the Bay VERY shortly after that so I didn't get into it as much as I would have, but yeah. Still got into it, but I wish I had the competition/teachings of those guys down there. Whatevs.

So, as of the past couple days I started deciding to play 3S over GGPO because everyone raved about it, and playing it against the computer sucks. Yeah. Wow. After playing this, I understand why everyone raves about this game. When I get whooped, I know it's not because of lag, or because of bullshit shortcut/mashing, or any of that crap. It's because they're straight up better than me, and it's deep as hell. Yeah. It's a pretty good game. :lol :lol :lol

Dartastic said:
Did you miss the part where I said I get handled by pretty much everyone? :lol

Yeah but that's SSF4 and not a pretty good game.

Oh wait... I'm a dumb dumb.

: (

Didn't read your full post until now.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Dartastic said:
So, as of the past couple days I started deciding to play 3S over GGPO because everyone raved about it, and playing it against the computer sucks. Yeah. Wow. After playing this, I understand why everyone raves about this game. When I get whooped, I know it's not because of lag, or because of bullshit shortcut/mashing, or any of that crap. It's because they're straight up better than me, and it's deep as hell. Yeah. It's a pretty good game. :lol :lol :lol

I hate to sound like a grumpy old man but thats how all the fighting games were before SF4 really. Tekken 6 and VF are current examples, even if Tekken 6 has been "simplfiied". CVS2 is even worse. Dont get me started on marvel.

Its like, SF4 is give or take two years old and you can jump into it and be like alright cool! those other games, 2-3 years late, you gotta REALLY want to get good, no fuckin around. you will lose 100 straight before you even start to get decent.

Shit the first time I played Jojo against a real player was a nightmare :lol

I didn't know what the fuck was going on, and I thought I knew how to play capcom games. I was like, "is this... is it ok for them to make a game like this? can he do tha.. oh my god I'm trapped WHERE IS HE OH GOD HE'S THE WALLS AND THE FLOOR HOW DO I BLOCK"

Give a jojo player 4 seconds of freedom, and the whole screen becomes a flaming maze. Fuck sagat's obstacle course, this is serious.

Plus, throw techs are like 2 frames.

Look at this shit.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Jojo's looks so bad ass.

somewhat related, I hope they release a new Darkstalkers. I would really love a left-field fighting game like that.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
God's Beard said:
And people think I'm some kind of MUGEN fanboy for wanting Shonen Jump Vs Capcom.

If only they knew.

i dont give a fuck what people say i think shonen jump vs capcom would be tight

actually, i think shonen jump vs capcom vs marvel/dc would be sick

maybe just call it anime vs fighting games vs comics and just get everyone in there. fuck it.

edit: vs day time tv

haunts said:

maybe just call it anime vs fighting games vs comics and just get everyone in there. fuck it.

Marvel vs Capcom vs SNK vs Shonen Jump vs Namco...

LET'S FUCKING GO!

100 characters isn't shit...

God's Beard said:
And people think I'm some kind of MUGEN fanboy for wanting Shonen Jump Vs Capcom.

If only they knew.

Wesker-Aizen infini-troll battles would be too much. Shonen vs Capcom would be amazing :D

Seems like fewer people are on SSF4 these days. Getting harder and harder to find a non-laggy match, especially on PSN. Been forcing me to just dick around in HDR (speaking of dead...) and old VS games.

BTW, grabbed a new PS3 on Boxing Day. Another GAFchat invite would be appreciated :p. Handle is same as the one here, no space.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
haunts said:

Soap Opera James Franco is SS Tier.

Imm0rt4l

Hitokage said:
Soap Opera James Franco is SS Tier.

Omega_Tom_Hanks.gif

vs

nlpwjm.gif

What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?

ThatCrazyGuy said:
Hey Haunts,

What kind of cabs do they have at MGL?

haunts said:
Not sure but they are nice head to head -- they look like the original SF4 vewlix kinda but not sure if they are custom made or what..

Those cabs are New Delta by River Service, decent cabs with LG monitors..but not as good as Vewlix F cabs with sanwa monitors.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
haunts said:

Dev time 20 years... ;)

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Wallach said:
The Balrog @ 6:45 lays a beatdown that I actually cringed at watching. Good lord. I would never play Dudley again if he got molested like that on my watch. :lol

well its a fairly difficult fight for duds, unless you can link like crazy...

Dartastic said:
Did you miss the part where I said I get handled by pretty much everyone? :lol

we understand that Street Fighter 4 did it to you man :p

seriously though the game sounds interesting and i really wonder if including yun and yang was some attempt to get back some 3s people.

Trollno indeed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom