• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
God's Beard said:
Shit the first time I played Jojo against a real player was a nightmare :lol

Look at this shit.

What in the worl... She dropped an automobile on that guy's man-beast-eagle.
Where can I play this?

Imm0rt4l said:
The nerfs Ryu's getting make me curious bout his evil variant.

Well...

_dementia said:
I wonder if Evil Ryu and Shin Akuma will just be the Vanilla versions of Ryu and Akuma :lol

:lol I was thinking a bit of the same, _dem

biosnake20 said:
Alot of poeple are now saying that ryu isnt top tier but anymore, but when u think about it his 3 worst matchups were dhalsim, abel, and guile i think. And all 3 of those characters got significantly nerfed while ryu's only big change was the removal of runaway tatsu. So im thinkin he is just as good in ae or even better.

Ryu is still going to be easy pickings for Dhalsim. It's going to be hilarious keeping him in the corner just out of limb range now. With all the trouble he has to deal with, it's no wonder Ryu's gonna be dipping into his Dark Hadou once again :lol

The question is, if Shin or Oni Akuma has his double air fireballs... Would he be overpowered in this engine? Akuma with SSF4 Seth health but with the double air fireballs would be deadly. Not to mention he would probably have that anti air ultra where he pounds the ground and water goes out (The one in CvS2).

I can just imagine a Tokido Shin Akuma. God help us.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Just give Shin Akuma 500 health. Pretty much any ultra alone can kill him!

It would also make matches incredibly dumb.

Morris

Disco Devil
I was supposed to be in the Excellent Adventures back when it was around episodes 4-6. I was playing ranked and Gootecks joined my game. After putting Mike Ross' Ken on brast I asked him if he was filming the PSN version of the Adventures
This was his reply:
Dh3nM.jpg

I'm still waiting Gootecks ;_;

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Man, beating a B-Rank Ken with FAR more PP/BP than me with my Fei Long felt SO good. Especially since I pulled off a FADC->Ultra, which I rarely manage. Huge confidence booster. :D

That said, is the GAF SSFIV scrub thread/community still around? Or have they all moved on in the months I've been away from the game?

N4Us

God's Beard said:
Is it just me, or is SF4 kinda similar to SVC Chaos? What with the dash cancels and ultras and all that.

I don't see how Ultras are similar to SvC, because you don't build a "revenge meter" in SvC and meter you take from hits anyway are very small compared to dealing hits.

Dash cancels are a bit similar to SvC though when I think about it, albeit different execution.

N4Us said:
I don't see how Ultras are similar to SvC, because you don't build a "revenge meter" in SvC and meter you take from hits anyway are very small compared to dealing hits.

Dash cancels are a bit similar to SvC though when I think about it, albeit different execution.

What about Exceed moves? That's what I meant by ultras. Can't use them until half health, right?

tron li is the easiest to make considering that is exactly what shadow lady is. tron chun. all her accented things are glowing

anything thats gold glows and her hair buns

USD

Tokido calling some dude from the comments section of his blog out. :lol
Tokido said:
Salt said:
Tokido said:
I don't play other game now.
But I will play MvsC3.
Tell all American MvsC player We are serious!
yea please and get everyone in japan playing mvc3 so you can bring your ass to the states and Final Round...get japan's ass rolled on.
-Salt
I will go to Final Round in march.
You can not escape money match from me.
I remember your name.

Out6T.jpg

Why the fuck is Tokido so awesome?

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
USD said:
Tokido calling some dude from the comments section of his blog out. :lol
If Japan Marvel brings a tenth of the hype and shit talk that East Coast does, then I foresee MVC3 leading to wonderful things. :lol

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
"You can not escape money match from me."

"I remember your name."

I love this guy. :lol

Best part is that I'd bet that that pussy in the comments won't even be there.

Axis said:
gg's botox, totally not sure what to do against guy 90% of the time lol don't play enough of them

GGs man. There was a lot of stupid stuff I got away with just cuz people don't see Guy that often, lol :D But Cammy pretty much owns Guy, he's terrible under pressure (much like most of the new characters in SSF4) :-(

I wanted to play more but my friend came over

and GGs to Grifter and his friend.

Axis

BotoxAgent said:
GGs man. There was a lot of stupid stuff I got away with just cuz people don't see Guy that often, lol :D But Cammy pretty much owns Guy, he's terrible under pressure (much like most of the new characters in SSF4) :-(

I wanted to play more but my friend came over

and GGs to Grifter and his friend.

yeah i kept running into that damn ex tatsu :(

on the plus side...i don't think i dropped c.fp->s.mp more than once finally

ninja edit: gg's to pxg...i was vexco

Axis said:
yeah i kept running into that damn ex tatsu :(

on the plus side...i don't think i dropped c.fp->s.mp more than once finally

I noticed you tend to get greedy with ur offense, so I didn't scare, lol

Your Cammy got really good man.

Can't wait for AE Guy, hoping for less stupid hitboxes with his TC and can do better frame traps without relying too much on meaties.

Axis

BotoxAgent said:
I noticed you tend to get greedy with ur offense, so I didn't scare, lol

Your Cammy got really good man.

Can't wait for AE Guy, hoping for less stupid hitboxes with his TC and can do better frame traps without relying too much on meaties.

lol i don't want to stop rushing down evaaaaaaaaar...and thank you sir

i also ate those u1's like a champ. i had no idea he was invincible for that long during his u1 lol

Grifter said:
GGs, playing Guy is real fun. The Ibuki guy came over as we were playing. Up for more later?

I want to play more..but my friend brought some 360 and PS3 games and he wants to play those (probably Assassin's Creed, ugh!)

Vexco, when I play Cammy....I can't stop rushing down with her either...her dive pressure is just too fun. I've aways used U2 with Guy, but I just started to realize that U1 is so much better.

Axis

BotoxAgent said:
I want to play more..but my friend brought some 360 and PS3 games and he wants to play those (probably Assassin's Creed, ugh!)

Vexco, when I play Cammy....I can't stop rushing down with her either...her dive pressure is just too fun. I've aways used U2 with Guy, but I just started to realize that U1 is so much better.

i suck at defense so i'm relegated to rushing down lol...u1 seems to be the better choice against cammy tho, definitely.

HiResDes

Okay if there are any other other Dictator players out there help me with something...

Why do the top dictators use three short low kicks into wheel kick instead of short low punch, short low punch, short low punch, short low kick into wheel kick?

And very few players use the combo: low medium punch, low medium kick, wheel kick...Why is that? You can jump in with medium kick and combo into this

Axis

HiResDes said:
Okay if there are any other other Dictator players out there help me with something...

Why do the top dictators use three short low kicks into wheel kick instead of short low punch, short low punch, short low punch, short low kick into wheel kick?

And very few players use the combo: low medium punch, low medium kick, wheel kick...Why is that? You can jump in with medium kick and combo into this

i'd assume because c.lk actually has to be blocked low as opposed to c.lp.

and for the 2nd one; i think it's a 1-frame? that could be the reason

-PXG- said:
@ you guys. I should have mentioned that I'm still practicing. Jesus Christ.

lol it's all good; less headstomps or at the very least less devils reverse afterwards...super easy to punish in that regard.

HiResDes

Thanks that makes a lot of sense, as I always get the combo blocked pretty much. I'm kind of sad now though because I can't get the low kicks to combo no matter what, I'll never be really good :lol

Axis

HiResDes said:
Thanks that makes a lot of sense, as I always get the combo blocked pretty much. I'm kind of sad now though because I can't get the low kicks to combo no matter what, I'll never be really good :lol

the c.lk's are 2frames to chain i think so just keep practicing...it'll all come in due time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom