• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satyamdas

Banned
DR2K said:
The only safe move she has is CS and it has the be a tiger knee motion, which is very difficult to execute, compared to most moves at least. Its effectiveness requires getting in, Cammy sucks at that. She has to take a ton of risks getting in and burn tons of meter to do it. She's not an easy character to win with and requires a ton of skill to be good with.
I should have said "don't mind me" at the end cause I was just bein bitchy earlier DR2K. That's what the :p was for.

Sure she's not the safest character (and of course characters should be played safely), but that one move that is safest is a fucking doozy, let's be real. And it is not "very difficult" execution-wise to do TKCS, c'mon son. But like I said, I was just talkin shit earlier. Honestly it's not a big deal to fight her. It was just that after seeing Chen echo my exact sentiments of fighting her I couldn't pass up the chance to pop a lil shit. :)

hitsugi

Satyamdas said:
I agree James, Cammy play is a wasteland of unskilled randomness and I hate it too. And no, that sentiment doesn't just hold true for the Cammy mirror, it fits for any match where she is being played. Oh sure, some players are quite skilled with her, but by and large all you come across when fighting that skank is a bunch of spammed super safe shit that beats way too much of your shit if you dare try to counter it.

Get nerfed, bitch
angryrazz.gif

You play Dhalsim.. you're entitled to have something called a bad match up. You're gonna have a lot worse in AE so, please get over it. Pretty much everything you say is just regarding your personal experiences with sim vs cammy and that's fucked.

Satyamdas

Banned
I should have said "don't mind me" at the end cause I was just bein bitchy earlier hitsugi. That's what the :p was for. I was just talkin shit earlier. Honestly it's not a big deal to fight her. It was just that after seeing Chen echo my exact sentiments of fighting her I couldn't pass up the chance to pop a lil shit. :)

Satyamdas said:
I should have said "don't mind me" at the end cause I was just bein bitchy earlier DR2K. That's what the :p was for.

Sure she's not the safest character (and of course characters should be played safely), but that one move that is safest is a fucking doozy, let's be real. And it is not "very difficult" execution-wise to do TKCS, c'mon son. But like I said, I was just talkin shit earlier. Honestly it's not a big deal to fight her. It was just that after seeing Chen echo my exact sentiments of fighting her I couldn't pass up the chance to pop a lil shit. :)

most mirrors suck (by suck, I mean not really fun to play). Her TKCS is a bit harder to do compared to someone like Rufus, who has retardedly easy dive kicks.

out with Cammy, hello Yun and Yang...who will probably be even be a bigger nightmare for sim :p

DR2K

Banned
Threi said:
no it's not.

Play a real bad char please.

Cammy has sub par normals in Super. I play Makoto and her normals are godlike. Doesn't really mean shit.

Cammy is an amazing character in Super. When she gets in on you, you're dead. But getting in is the fight for her.

DR2K

Banned
Satyamdas said:

It's cool, she can be frustrating to fight against.(especially if you're a sim main, lol) Playing as her really helps understand her weaknesses though.

I've seen Sako flub tkcs a handful of time actually. Whenever you see Cammy randomly jump in the air and do a kick, it's almost always a messed up tkcs. :lol

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
cr.mk isn't shit. But it's not good either. And it's like her only footsie range normal that's not shit except for cr.hk and cr.hp, both of which only have very specific uses.

edit: st.hk, I mean.

Axis

Lost Fragment said:
cr.mk isn't shit. But it's not good either. And it's like her only footsie range normal that's not shit except for cr.hk and cr.hp, both of which only have very specific uses.

it's better than cr.hk; s.mk and s.mp are decent from sweep range. s.rh would be really good if it was a couple of frames faster...i just think c.mk works really well at punishing whiffed normals

Solune

What sweet, sweet poetic justice it is to hear Satyamdas (a Dhalsim player) piss and moan about the Cammy fight, i.e. "I hate that fight because it takes all the skill away from the fight.. it's so fucking random. That fight is so goddamned retarded. I hate that fight SO MUCH!". Dhalsim play is a wasteland of unskilled randomness and I hate it too. And no, that sentiment doesn't just hold true for the Dhalsim mirror, it fits for any match where he is being played. Oh sure, some players are quite skilled with him, but by and large all you come across when fighting that queer is a bunch of spammed super safe shit that beats way too much of your shit if you dare try to counter it.

Get nerfed, ho

I should say "don't mind me" at the end cause I was just being a bitch. I was just talkin shit earlier. Honestly it's not a big deal to fight. It was just that after seeing Satyamdas bitch about Cammy for the uptenth time I couldn't pass up the chance to pop a lil shit. :)

Satyamdas

Banned
Solune said:
What sweet, sweet poetic justice it is to hear Satyamdas (a Dhalsim player) piss and moan about the Cammy fight, i.e. "I hate that fight because it takes all the skill away from the fight.. it's so fucking random. That fight is so goddamned retarded. I hate that fight SO MUCH!". Dhalsim play is a wasteland of unskilled randomness and I hate it too. And no, that sentiment doesn't just hold true for the Dhalsim mirror, it fits for any match where he is being played. Oh sure, some players are quite skilled with him, but by and large all you come across when fighting that queer is a bunch of spammed super safe shit that beats way too much of your shit if you dare try to counter it.

Get nerfed, ho

I should say "don't mind me" at the end cause I was just being a bitch. I was just talkin shit earlier. Honestly it's not a big deal to fight. It was just that after seeing Satyamdas bitch about Cammy for the uptenth time I couldn't pass up the chance to pop a lil shit. :)
idGMRm.gif

Solune said:

Get nerfed, ho

tumblr_lefsxcQzPx1qf8yek.gif

gutabo

First of all, happy holidays everyone! I hope you had a blast with your dear ones.

Satyamdas said:

:lol Oh saty. You set yourself up so well :p

Finally, fuck rufus and all his shit with him. I refuse to counterpick that bastard and it feels like I'm punishing myself.

EDIT: also :lol @joseph

jman2050

gutabo said:
Finally, fuck rufus and all his shit with him. I refuse to counterpick that bastard and it feels like I'm punishing myself.

I'm trying to figure out how with all the seemingly random and unneeded changes to top and not-so-top characters that Capcom has made in the transition to both games that they left Rufus almost completely alone the entire time.

Not that I mind, cause Rufus owns, but it seems weird. Maybe it's because I'm no good at the game, but I don't think I've ever heard a truly acceptable explanation for why Rufus isn't close to the best character in the game.

I'm sure in several months, the "Fuck Cammy" sentiment will be righteously replaced with, "FUCK THE TWINS SIDEWAYS!"

And I'll be right there, yelling from atop the mountains.

jman2050 said:
I'm trying to figure out how with all the seemingly random and unneeded changes to top and not-so-top characters that Capcom has made in the transition to both games that they left Rufus almost completely alone the entire time.

Not that I mind, cause Rufus owns, but it seems weird. Maybe it's because I'm no good at the game, but I don't think I've ever heard a truly acceptable explanation for why Rufus isn't close to the best character in the game.
I liked what Jeff Schaefer said. You know exactly what Rufus is trying to do. He's one dimensional. If you know how to counter Rufus, you can beat him.

jman2050 said:

use rufus against a good guile player and you'll immediately see his weaknesses.

Threi said:
seriously though if you main a char in the top half of the roster you really shouldn't be complaining.

you're not used to dr2k's shtick yet?

Kadey said:
Fighting games. Serious business.

Animation2.gif

After playing a set of Guy/Gen matches today and having more fun learning someone new I'm all for my characters being nerfed to hell so I can pick up a new main and secondary. Unfortunately Abel's going to become legitimate A tier now :( But what can you do?

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
His divekick mixups are option selectable, he can be zoned easily, and ex messiah, while a good move, is also exploitable and lots of characters can punish it pretty hard. Rufus is a good character, but overrated imo.

Ono just tweeted "I'll annouce about Nintendo 3DS, SSFIV DLC new future, and SF x TK in 2011!! Could be wait it's news for the near future. ;D"

I think this is the first time they've announced SSF4 getting new dlc (since the Ultra costume pack).

Satyamdas

Banned
Kadey said:
Fighting games. Serious business.
Not at all. I wouldn't pop shit and not expect some shit back, and I can appreciate a nice burn when I see one. I agree with Watson and haunts that we can use a little more shit talking.

I'm done bitching about Cammy though, for real. Was just going to say I felt bad for Chen after his loss, but seeing him complain about fighting her afterwards reminded me too much of myself not to mention. :D And like I said, she's not really that bad to fight against. I'm just bitter at being on the shitty end of a 7-3 matchup and not being good enough to overcome it frequently. :p

the_log_ride said:
I'm sure in several months, the "Fuck Cammy" sentiment will be righteously replaced with, "FUCK THE TWINS SIDEWAYS!"

And I'll be right there, yelling from atop the mountains.
I'm sure this will be the feeling at first, but in the long run I don't think the twins will end up as bad of a matchup vs. Sim in AE as Cammy was in Super. They will have the advantage, but not by as wide a margin.

DR2K

Banned
Threi said:
seriously though if you main a char in the top half of the roster you really shouldn't be complaining.

I'm complaining about AE Cammy. Super Cammy is fine as is.

Chavelo

Good games, PSN GAF... Thanks for being the first dudes I fought against with my first stick...

Oh god, I miss my pad... /tear

DR2K

Banned
Threi said:
You mean the cammy with improvements to the normals you were bitching about in your last post?

The ones I say are irrelevant to her being a great character because of TKCS(which was removed).

hitsugi

Threi said:
Your days are numbered when AE deejay explodes.

Even I think AE Deejay is hella fun and I can actually win with him (wasn't happening in Super.. ultra set ups were too weird for me to bother)

I main Guy but I've been having more fun with Yun and Yang lately so yeah..

AE Guy is an improvement but the twins have solid, stable aggression where I don't feel like the opponent pressing a random button can stop my flow

Tokido is coming to Final Round. I gotta talk to the local guys again about going to Final Round and seen who's down. Besides one person, none of us have ever been to a major so this would be a great opportunity to go to our first major and maybe meet the murderface and get owned by him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom