• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Rice-Eater said:
Tokido is coming to Final Round. I gotta talk to the local guys again about going to Final Round and seen who's down. Besides one person, none of us have ever been to a major so this would be a great opportunity to go to our first major and maybe meet the murderface and get owned by him.
I'm probably going, just need to get some details worked out. It's during my spring break too.

I hear there's Marvel 2 low-tier at West Coast Warzone, I might make the trip for that. Just bought Marvel 2 days ago :lol

My team is unstoppable.

Shuma Gorath
Iceman
Captain Commando

Hitokage said:
I'm probably going, just need to get some details worked out. It's during my spring break too.

Sounds good, hopefully we can both get out there. I guess DBJoeseph should be there to. I wonder if any other GAF'ers can make it.

Confirmed Gaffers for FR (AFAIK)
Me
Joekage
Farms
Cha0tix
Vex (lol)

Also, Tokido has some balls coming to my turf. Gonna body him fray! :D
Tokido doesn't know about Neogaf... right?

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
dragonballjoseph said:
Me
Joekage
Farms
Cha0tix
Vex (lol)

I'll be there as well. So will filthierich.

God's Beard,

Sorry I didn't accept your invite. I'm on the east coast and it was getting pretty late. Plus I haven't played in a while so I'm horribly, embarrassingly rusty so you would've wiped the floor with me.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
dragonballjoseph said:
Me
Joekage
Farms
Cha0tix
Vex (lol)

I want to make it to FR but I don't know if my schedule will permit it yet. Might end up taking vacation days. Sick of missing tournaments because of work.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
dragonballjoseph said:
Me
Joekage
Farms
Cha0tix
Vex (lol)

I'm 90% sure that I'm going. Only for Marvel, though.

ThatCrazyGuy said:
Sucks they didn't announce the EVO game list yet (unless I missed that).
Maybe they don't want to have to backpedal if Arcade Edition: Console Edition is released before then. Typically the games are announced in late January anyway, right?

dragonballjoseph said:

1z2oimp.gif

Sir Garbageman said:
God's Beard,

Sorry I didn't accept your invite. I'm on the east coast and it was getting pretty late.
Coward!

Sir Garbageman said:
Plus I haven't played in a while so I'm horribly, embarrassingly rusty so you would've wiped the floor with me.

That's why I invited you :-(

Getting the Hori VLX is soo worth it because I can kara throw now with Ken. I could never do it consistently on my TE stick, but the buttons are a little closer together on the VLX and that seems to have made all the difference in the world because my consistency went from something like 20% to 70%. I'm going to be spamming that from now on whenever I play Ken.

Have trouble doing Ken's Kara throw? If you can spare $300+, you to can solve this problem.

N4Us

God's Beard said:
I hear there's Marvel 2 low-tier at West Coast Warzone, I might make the trip for that. Just bought Marvel 2 days ago :lol

Man I hope they stream ittttttt. They had low-tier at a couple other recent big tournies but they didn't get streamed.

Imm0rt4l

I don't agree with Gouken-fuerte matchup being 5-5 and sakura being a poor matchup. Aside from that I agree with everything Gouken related.

edit: I don't agree with Blanka, Adon or ken being even matchups, Also I think Gouken has advantage against t-hawk or at the very least goes even, but I may be wrong as I don't play good hawks with gouken often.

I just finished watching episode 3 of Run It Back. It didn't disappoint, it's easily my favorite SF/fighting game documentary to date. I love the style, the emotion, the topics they covered, and so on.

It's given me even more inspiration to try and make it out to Game Galaxy in Knoxville, Tennessee at least once because they have SSF4 AE over there. I don't know when, but I'd like to go at least once and bring plenty of quarters with me.

God's Beard's True Tier™ list:
(based on individual perception and thus 100% correct)

Gen(parry unlocked)
Akuma
Mike Bison (Boxer)
Mighty Bipson (Dictator)
Fei Long (Movie Star)
Guilo
Zangief
Cammy
Dhalsaty
E. Chronda
Chun-Lame

Fat Bastard
failed Daigo Umehara XBL clone #20X6
C. Wiper
Best Ultra
Hold yo breath son

Sagat
Ibuki
Juri
Ken
Adon
Blanka
Cody
Seth
Sakura
T. Hawk
Vega (Claw)
El Fuerte
Gouken
Guy
Gen (Parry Locked)
Dan
Hakan't
Makoto
Free Jay
Mudley (Combo Gief/Bizarro Abel)

Threi

notag
FChamp is doing the matchups, don't expect anything totally accurate outside of xxx vs Dhalsim (notice how that char has the most varied matchups of the entire cast).

Nice attempt again though, hopefully they will get it better next time. It aint easy getting all matchups down when all you have is your own presumptions and secondhand experience.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
God's Beard said:
I'm surprised that Sakura and Cody are so low.

Dudley better than Adon, Ken, Rose and Vega???

Dudley is a powerhouse at high level play, if your good at links, os, resets you are going to kill with him. But yeah wonder if thats AE or super

DarkoMaledictus said:
Dudley is a powerhouse at high level play, if your good at links, os, resets you are going to kill with him. But yeah wonder if thats AE or super
If it was for AE, I'm sure the Twins would be included.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Imm0rt4l said:
how do you feel about the gouken matchup? The list has it in hawks favor.
It's been a while since I've fought a Gouken with Hawk, but it's entirely contingent on Gouken being able to keep Hawk out and yet his fireballs aren't foolproof.

I bet there's some dude sitting in front of a TV practicing Gen parries for 14 hours a day, and he'll show up out of nowhere and win SSFIVAE EVO 2014 through absolute domination, then SFV will come out the next year and nobody will play anymore.

Does anybody know the exact frame data for a Gen parry? It feels like 2 frames.

I'm still trying to parry a multi-hit fireball, but I think i just have bad execution.

plink focus into kicks stance change into focus into punches stance change into focus into kicks stance change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom