• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiseblade

Fuerte - Adon is not 5-5. That matchup is easily 6-4 in Adon's favour. ¬.¬

Fuerte - Gouken at 55 is fine to me. Gouken can make it tricky to get in, but can't handle Fuerte's mixup.

Fuerte - Sakura is 7-3 Fuerte IMO. Once Sakura is knocked down, the round is OVER. The only practical escape options she has are EX Shouoken and Ultra. If EX Shou whiffs (which it will 9 times out of 10), Fuerte has all the time in the world to chase her down with a run -> slide and start it all over again. Wakeup ultra is wakeup ultra. Then there's the fact that Fuerte can mash EX run to escape Sak's reset shenanigans without having to think.

Fuerte - Chun feels more even than 4-6. I dunno, but it feels a lot closer to the Dudley/Juri/Cody matchups than the Akuma/Fei/Honda matchups.

cHaotix8

DarkoMaledictus said:
Dudley is a powerhouse at high level play, if your good at links, os, resets you are going to kill with him. But yeah wonder if thats AE or super

But none of that matters if you can't get in. :(

Wiseblade said:
Fuerte - Sakura is 7-3 Fuerte IMO. Once Sakura is knocked down, the round is OVER. The only practical escape options she has are EX Shouoken and Ultra. If EX Shou whiffs (which it will 9 times out of 10), Fuerte has all the time in the world to chase her down with a run -> slide and start it all over again. Wakeup ultra is wakeup ultra. Then there's the fact that Fuerte can mash EX run to escape Sak's reset shenanigans without having to think. .
Sakura-Fuerte is 6-4 sakura. She can just jap shou out of all his mix ups. The only way to counter is a properly timed slide (because he can CH it most of the time) or do nothing. And Fuerte has no good options (outside of ultra) on wake up against lk tatsu pressure since ex guacamole can whiff.

Also, spent about an hour and a half in the lab with Sakura. Tested a new set up on all the characters, and it only works on three. Viper, Adon, and Cammy. But I have to do certain setups against Viper and Cammy. All setups work on Adon fortunately. :D

Wiseblade

dragonballjoseph said:
Sakura-Fuerte is 6-4 sakura. She can just jap shou out of all his mix ups. The only way to counter is a properly timed slide (because he can CH it most of the time) or do nothing. And Fuerte has no good options (outside of ultra) on wake up against lk tatsu pressure since ex guacamole can whiff.

Also, spent about an hour and a half in the lab with Sakura. Tested a new set up on all the characters, and it only works on three. Viper, Adon, and Cammy. But I have to do certain setups against Viper and Cammy. All setups work on Adon fortunately. :D

A properly timed tortilla or splash will beat out a lp shou. IIRC the timing's tricky, but it's there.

Wiseblade said:
A properly timed tortilla or splash will beat out a lp shou. IIRC the timing's tricky, but it's there.

Also throw option off run is save vs. any and all shoukens if timed right, you can slide to punish the jab shouken, and on the ex shouken, i know you said you can run->slide but it's also pretty easy to punish that with RSF. And that's not even mentioning U2 since that will punish a whiffed jab dp also. Fuerte gets Sak in the corner? (which he always does) then game over!

I don't play fuerte, but there was a span where i'd go to buktooth's house and play against his everyday for like a month lol.

hitsugi

God's Beard said:
plink focus into kicks stance change into focus into punches stance change into focus into kicks stance change
Aren't 3p / 3k buttons allowed in tournaments? If so, it shouldn't be that difficult... but maybe it is. It sounds impractical but I'm sure precise roll cancels did at first.. Then people (like me) were just spamming them for free. Reversal wake up RC lightning legs was so fun

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Agree with the IPW list on Makoto except I think:

Abel - 5
Viper - 5
Seth - 5
Blanka - 6. Little doubt in my mind that this is a good match for her at this point.
DJ - 5
Elf - 5
Sakura - 4

Lost Fragment said:
Agree with the IPW list on Makoto except I think:

Abel - 5
Viper - 5
Seth - 5
Blanka - 6. Little doubt in my mind that this is a good match for her at this point.
DJ - 5
Elf - 5
Sakura - 4

how does the makoto/abel matchup play?

hitsugi said:
Aren't 3p / 3k buttons allowed in tournaments? If so, it shouldn't be that difficult... but maybe it is. It sounds impractical but I'm sure precise roll cancels did at first.. Then people (like me) were just spamming them for free. Reversal wake up RC lightning legs was so fun

Wrong setup. Putting focus onto the extra buttons is much easier so you can plink without twisting your hands.

It's hard because it's much tighter timing than 3s, the input is very hard and changes throughout the fight, and because stance change is 5 frames if you don't cancel it, it's impossible to guess parry. And it can be broken, of course. Not to mention if you mess up, you get a whiffed lvl 1 focus, which is bad.

But if you can do it, all projectiles and sweeps/slow normals can be destroyed and punished in ways no other character in the game can.

Threi

notag
yeah gg, that other dude in the lobby was super laggy, i wasn't gunna fight him again.

Violent Repent is one of my friends tho.

Joekage

biosnake20 said:
funny thing is that cody is basically exactly in the same place in the tier list or even lower in AE

Cody isn't going to go anywhere without a valid means of mobility to maneuver around the field. His walkspeed is pretty bad and with them not changing it, it seems that he'll stay the same. Crack kick into ruffian is really nice but not enough to move him up. Low short being 3 frames is the best thing they gave him though. Gives him alot more options on defense and on offense. My belief is that his forward dash is so good that it slightly helps his walk speed crutch in certain situations. Been in the lab working on different setups and spacing for his forward dash in terms of counter hit setups and etc. Looking good so far. I'll share once I get some concrete setups that I feel are viable in tournaments. Thinking of making a video or something to show what I've been working on.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Reading how the tier list actually came into shape from the comments makes sense now, because some of those orders are a bit off - Guile is most-certainly not the third-best character in the game, he needs to be a bit lower than that, Adon needs to be a tad higher, Dudley a tad lower, Rose a tad higher, and then the order at least would look better.

Some of the match-ups being simply 5-5 seems too safe, like he didn't know and just said screw it.

-PXG-

Threi said:
yeah gg, that other dude in the lobby was super laggy, i wasn't gunna fight him again.

Violent Repent is one of my friends tho.

I was at Ninaj's house today. That's why Honda and Bison kept on rotating :lol

That Dee Jay is one some other shit....It's ridiculous. You're a goddamn robot. You make it look so damn easy. I bet you're sitting there, bored as fuck thinking, "Why am I even wasting my time with these scrubs."

-PXG- said:
I was at Ninaj's house today. That's why Honda and Bison kept on rotating :lol

That Dee Jay is one some other shit....It's ridiculous. You're a goddamn robot. You make it look so damn easy. I bet you're sitting there, bored as fuck thinking, "Why am I even wasting my time with these scrubs."

Sheeet was fun as hell still

Good games Threi, you are a gat damn monster.

Yo, PXG we gotta get a capture card someday and begin:

Ninaj and PXG's Scrubby Adventures :lol

-PXG-

NinajHeartless said:
Sheeet was fun as hell still

Good games Threi, you are a gat damn monster.

Yo, PXG we gotta get a capture card someday and begin:

Ninaj and PXG's Scrubby Adventures :lol

Yes, apparently the color purple and Wendy's chicken nuggets make Bison reach level 12 ape shit mode.

-PXG- said:
Yes, apparently the color purple and Wendy's chicken nuggets make Bison reach level 12 ape shit mode.

And wearing a white variant of her Alpha costume and me talking shit about hipsters makes Chun remember that hazanshu exists :lol

-PXG-

NinajHeartless said:
And wearing a white variant of her Alpha costume and me talking shit about hipsters makes Chun remember that hazanshu exists :lol

If only you had Bison's storm trooper Tron threads, then the true strength of his Psycho power could be unlocked. But noooooooooooooooooo.

Oh and Viper. DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN.

-PXG- said:
If only you had Bison's storm trooper Tron threads, then the true strength of his Psycho power could be unlocked. But noooooooooooooooooo.

Oh and Viper. DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN.

I got a points card for Xmas so maybe next time you come over to level up I will have dat costume for you :p

-PXG-

NinajHeartless said:
I got a points card for Xmas so maybe next time you come over to level up I will have dat costume for you :p

The whole Super pack is 1440 points. Wait for the all the Ultras to come out, since they'll most likely do bundle for that too.

vulva

anyone know what drivers I'd need to download to get my madcatz ps3 fightpad to work on a PC? I want to use mine for stuff like VVVVVV but am a bit confused. I figured if anyone would know, they'd post in here

GG Timedog, it sucks that our games were laggy. I remember it being pretty decent when we played on SF4 PC. I think my brother was streaming a movie so that could be the cause of this. I'd like to try again in the future if you don't mind.

ntropy

148814_1461822116858_1572600186_31108760_1790771_n.jpg

Kaako

Felium Defensor
ntropy said:
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1126.snc4/148814_1461822116858_1572600186_31108760_1790771_n.jpg
Yes. :lol

Was overcome with sodium tonight, said fuck it and shut off the system.

one_kill

9 hours in and I'm finally able to do the charge moves. Now I'm facing a new dilemma with the air combos. Any tips?

Also, I've been doing the trials and I'm confused with how I'm meant to do the combo challenges. If say it asks me to do low punch then medium, I do the first move successfully, but Dan blocks the second move. I have no idea how I'm meant to do them.

one_kill said:
9 hours in and I'm finally able to do the charge moves. Now I'm facing a new dilemma with the air combos. Any tips?

Also, I've been doing the trials and I'm confused with how I'm meant to do the combo challenges. If say it asks me to do low punch then medium, I do the first move successfully, but Dan blocks the second move. I have no idea how I'm meant to do them.
The limited juggle system is not that conducive to air combos. That's more of a Marvel thing.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
one_kill said:
Those are link combos. You have to time the second action precisely such that Dan is still in hitstun when it lands. If he blocks, you did it too late. If the action doesn't come out, you did it too early.

zlatko

Banned
Just saw the new episode of Excellent Adventures and the end made me laugh so hard with what Gootecks said about people hitting the dislike button on Youtube. "This show fucking sucks." "Yeah well I'm glad I could ruin your day cock suckers!"
:lol

@One Kill. One of the things that helped me out when I was learning the game is to pace myself. Trying to learn a gajillion things at once isn't the way.

1)Pick a character for right now. Just one and say, "okay I'll focus on this person for 1-2weeks."
2) Do your best to do as many of the trials as you can, but skip ones you get stuck on for too long.
3) Beat the Arcade Mode on the hardest difficulty with that character.
4) Watch some videos on youtube for that character. Things like combos.
5) Practice against a buddy if you can.

There's a LOT of useful tools online to get you better at the game. Shoryuken.com is probably the most notable.

Remember, if you get frustrated at any point for whatever reason stop playing and go play/do something else. Nothing good will come from it. :p

Wiseblade

zlatko said:
Just saw the new episode of Excellent Adventures and the end made me laugh so hard with what Gootecks said about people hitting the dislike button on Youtube. "This show fucking sucks." "Yeah well I'm glad I could ruin your day cock suckers!"
:lol

@One Kill. One of the things that helped me out when I was learning the game is to pace myself. Trying to learn a gajillion things at once isn't the way.

1)Pick a character for right now. Just one and say, "okay I'll focus on this person for 1-2weeks."
2) Do your best to do as many of the trials as you can, but skip ones you get stuck on for too long.
3) Beat the Arcade Mode on the hardest difficulty with that character.
4) Watch some videos on youtube for that character. Things like combos.
5) Practice against a buddy if you can.

There's a LOT of useful tools online to get you better at the game. Shoryuken.com is probably the most notable.

Remember, if you get frustrated at any point for whatever reason stop playing and go play/do something else. Nothing good will come from it. :p

Ignore this one.

zlatko

Banned
Wiseblade said:
Ignore this one.

No don't ignore this one. If you can't beat the dumb shit computer on the hardest, then you clearly need to do it. It'll teach you to stop smashing buttons at the computer and block more, and try to bait things out.

It helps do it once.

Wiseblade

zlatko said:
No don't ignore this one. If you can't beat the dumb shit computer on the hardest, then you clearly need to do it. It'll teach you to stop smashing buttons at the computer and block more, and try to bait things out.

It helps do it once.

And playing a real living person will teach you that way better/quicker than the computer can. Playing the computer is just a matter of finding some dumb skank and repeating it constantly.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Rice-Eater said:
GG Timedog, it sucks that our games were laggy. I remember it being pretty decent when we played on SF4 PC. I think my brother was streaming a movie so that could be the cause of this. I'd like to try again in the future if you don't mind.

I was SOOOO fucking mad when I lost 2 matches cause I couldn't punish your midair EX hurricane. SOOOOOOO FUUUUUCKKKKINNGGGG MAADDDDDDDD. :lol

Timedog said:
I was SOOOO fucking mad when I lost 2 matches cause I couldn't punish your midair EX hurricane. SOOOOOOO FUUUUUCKKKKINNGGGG MAADDDDDDDD. :lol

You should have just called up your Saikyo powers on him.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Playing AI isn't important at all. You're not playing the same game as you should with a human opponent and it teaches you the wrong way to approach matches.

zlatko

Banned
Wiseblade said:
And playing a real living person will teach you that way better/quicker than the computer can. Playing the computer is just a matter of finding some dumb skank and repeating it constantly.

You make it sound like I said play the computer everyday all day or multiple times, but I said it serves a purpose to do it once. If you just put the game for the first time ever in your disc trey and have 0 fighting game knowledge previously, then I can tell you how playing someone randomly online goes: You smack buttons and directions while the other guy mops the floor with you. On the other hand, if you go through the arcade mode once, you warm up a little to the game. Then you can do the other 4 things I mentioned.

I fully agree that playing A.I as your full on practice is not going to help at all, but it's not a waste of anyones time to do it one time through. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom