• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axis

michael tan was top 5 in vanilla BP for ken; maybe he just got an early jump on the rest of them lol

-PXG-

hitsugi said:
In a nutshell, SF4 on live >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> PSN

Yeah. I finally got Super on 360 and I gotta say that the connection quality is so much better. I haven't logged a single second on my PS3 copy since getting my 360 copy.

I guess I'll have to send a formal apology to Uzbekistan now...

Axis said:
michael tan was top 5 in vanilla BP for ken; maybe he just got an early jump on the rest of them lol

Well he never made the top 50 in BP(which is what was always posted) and he never participated in any live streamed Japanese tourneys. If he did I'm sure someone would have remembered because foreigners stick out like a sore thumb even if they're still Asian. It's not hard to differentiate Sasuke Ichigawa from Michael Tan.

If he's really tearing it up over there he is either a Sako who just never came out to tourneys or he's is raping all the guys in his local arcade. I'm sure he's gotta be pretty good though. It'd be nice to see who he is and how he does against other top players.

Rice-Eater said:
Well he never made the top 50 in BP(which is what was always posted) and he never participated in any live streamed Japanese tourneys. If he did I'm sure someone would have remembered because foreigners stick out like a sore thumb even if they're still Asian. It's not hard to differentiate Sasuke Ichigawa from Michael Tan.

If he's really tearing it up over there he is either a Sako who just never came out to tourneys or he's is raping all the guys in his local arcade. I'm sure he's gotta be pretty good though. It'd be nice to see who he is and how he does against other top players.
Heh, a Ken Sako would be incredible. That character has some pretty unusual impractical combos that would be thrilling to watch in actual play.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Rice-Eater said:

Well I managed to find some videos of him (at least I think its him) playing Vanilla;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JuzJx4vOYQ

_dementia said:
Heh, a Ken Sako would be incredible. That character has some pretty unusual impractical combos that would be thrilling to watch in actual play.

I've seen that video and know about his impractical combos. I main him along with Ryu. I had a Ken mirror today that I posted on youtube. Might as well throw it on here since I never post videos of my play. Ken mirrors can be pretty fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-WPIFjyHrY

Culinary

Is it me, or does Daigo smile a lot more when he is playing against Japanese players. I noticed it against Mago at Canada Cup too.

-PXG-

Wow, I just realized Bison has forward directional influence with Psycho Punisher :lol Wow, I how did I not know this?

SmokeMaxX

-PXG- said:
Wow, I just realized Bison has forward directional influence with Psycho Punisher :lol Wow, I how did I not know this?
What is forward directional influence? You mean he you can move the joystick to determine how far you go? Yep.

Fraeon

Man, PSN ranked is so free. I was beating guys there with a basic instant air JK spamming Adon for 2 hours and got 2000+ pp and C rank. With an 80% win rate.

Man, I wish I was actually as good as those numbers would tell.

On XBL? The win rate is 30%. What the flipping hell? :lol

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Was just accused of using turbo in ranked. :lol
Never used that shit; can't they even look in their replay and button inputs? I was kinda puzzled.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day.

ytyhjkr.jpg

Shoutouts to snow storms, buy one get something sales and fresh new years start.

HiResDes

Kaako said:
Was just accused of using turbo in ranked. :lol
Never used that shit; can't they even look in their replay and button inputs? I was kinda puzzled.
I just found out I can do the three short kicks with Bison using Turbo today, while messing around on my buddy's Fightpad...Too bad I play on stick now.

Wiseblade said:
Do you play with no music? The silence is eerie.

I think it's my webcam. I hear the game fine but my web cam doesn't do a good job of picking up the volume. If you watch it again and increase your volume, you'll hear that the video does contain sound. But it's no where near as bad in real life as it was in this video.

Fraeon said:
Man, PSN ranked is so free. I was beating guys there with a basic instant air JK spamming Adon for 2 hours and got 2000+ pp and C rank. With an 80% win rate.

Oh noez you didn't, the PSN army has been assembled and you're on our most wanted list.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
HiResDes said:
I just found out I can do the three short kicks with Bison using Turbo today, while messing around on my buddy's Fightpad...Too bad I play on stick now.
Surprisingly, I can link shorts pretty good with the stick; just not the fancy fadc stuff.
I still can't pull em out effectively in online matches so I don't even bother. Forever scrub. :lol

Fraeon, play with PSN SF Gaf chat veterans and see how free they are. ;p

Anyone want to get some games on 360 right now? I'm looking to shake off my rust.

I'll be in the training room, anyone feel free to send me an endless invite. Please specify that you're from GAF. I might have a few heads to invite as well.

Fraeon

Solune said:
I don't want garbage left over from Live.

Sorry I insulted you by recapping what happened tonight. But hey, I'm not claiming to be godlike here, I basically did say I played a very basic Adon to get those points.

But if any of you PSN gafers are Euro, I can take on the offer. Punishing flowchart Ken's fireballs gets tiring real fast. I'm probably not touching ranked for a long while after this. :lol

Imm0rt4l

Fraeon said:
Sorry I insulted you by recapping what happened tonight. But hey, I'm not claiming to be godlike here, I basically did say I played a very basic Adon to get those points.

But if any of you PSN gafers are Euro, I can take on the offer. Punishing flowchart Ken's fireballs gets tiring real fast. I'm probably not touching ranked for a long while after this. :lol
a lot of the best players on psn don't touch ranked. The point system on psn is oversaturated, probably in part because of multiple accounts. All in all, no one cares. I'd say join gafchat, but I haven't played any Euro players, maybe their is a Euro gafchat?

Fraeon said:

Lighten up. A bit of smack talk never hurt anybody...

Fraeon said:

Don't take it seriously, I'm pretty sure he was just joking. It probably just wasn't as easy to tell as my post was.

Fraeon

Imm0rt4l said:
a lot of the best players on psn don't touch ranked.

Most of the really good guys on XBL really don't either. They just play in their exclusive little endless lobbies.

There's the GafEuroBrawlers account on XBL so there are some euros there but I have no idea whether there are any euro gaffers playing on PSN. It'd be nice, though. Beating up really poor Ryus tends to make you go on autopilot.

-PXG-

Kaako said:
My gawd this game can be so fucking amazing when playing people in your skill set.

Yes it is.

Now, I'm no pro, far from it, but I hate this game with a passion when someone, who clearly sucks at the game, beats you. Getting beaten by some scrubby ass, turtle ass Akuma is the worst feeling in the world. Blanka and T.Hawk players can eat dick in the ninth circle of Hell for all eternity.

DR2K

Banned
Fraeon said:

Play endless, surprisingly more of a challenge.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
-PXG- said:
Yes it is.

Now, I'm no pro, far from it, but I hate this game with a passion when someone, who clearly sucks at the game, beats you. Getting beaten by some scrubby ass, turtle ass Akuma is the worst feeling in the world. Blanka and T.Hawk players can eat dick in the ninth circle of Hell for all eternity.

Problem with the game is screwed matchups, otherwise fairly good balance but those matchups are ridiculous ie : Dud vs Honda, sim vs cammy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom